We here feel it is our duty and want to encourage you to encourage every woman you know to VOTE and to L.O.V.E. You are your country when you stand in that booth on election day. Be the best country, the best citizen you can be. Show up. Occupy your Self. Vote.
Remember: The New Colossus – the most famous lines of which grace our own Liberty - written for those disenfranchised from other countries – you can draw your own conclusions as to who has joined them in this time.
Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
“Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!” cries she
With silent lips. “Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”
Safe At Home – private registration Click here for more information
Here is information for those of you who might have need and qualify for a private address to register to vote. Note: This is for California Residents but we urge you to check with the office of your Secretary of State in your home state for similar Safe At Home policies. Our lovely & talented Holland has researched this for you:
There is a lot of information that someone who is looking to enroll in the confidential address / Safe at Home program will want to read. They should really look carefully at the web site http://www.sos.ca.gov/safeathome/, and click the link on the left hand side that say “Applicants and Participants” to get started.
Here is information about two specific questions:
1. How do I Enroll?
- A list of Enrolling agencies in your area can be found here on our web site or by contacting our toll free number:(877) 322-5227.
- The enrolling agency advocate forwards your completed application materials to Safe at Home.
- Safe at Home reviews the materials and evidence to make a determination to accept or deny the application.
- If the application is rejected, the enrolling agency advocate is notified and he or she will provide follow-up assistance to you.
- If the application is accepted, you will receive a packet of information about the program services and how to use your new mailing address.
2. How do I Register?
Confidential Voter Registration
You may be eligible to complete a confidential voter registration card and become a confidential voter. As a confidential voter, you can vote by mail and protect your voter registration information from campaigns, the media, and the general public. (per Government Code §6207.5, Elections Code §2166)