Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 59  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:26 pm 
Banned

I plan on getting it as soon as I have enough money to afford it. :lol:

Isaac

Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:41 pm 

PenguinInBondage wrote:
jaypfunk wrote:
It's a 4-CD Set for roughly $80.00 right?? If you go to Tower Records and buy 4 CDs that are NOT on sale the normal price is $18.99+ tax right? Shut The Fucking Fuck Up, stop whining like faggots at a cockring party and just buy the damn thing.

Yup, that still doesn't help me. $80 for 4 hours of interviews - sorry, I don't give a fuck. $80 for at least 2 hours of never-before heard MUSICAL audio relating to Freak Out? Sure - sign me up!

Am I a 'faggot' for asking for those details? :?
If so - then go ahead and stick a dick in my mouth.... :wink:

No dick for you from me! Jes' kiddin'!

But this still makes me wonder how many of you have bought a bootleg with less info on it's packaging? This is a real CD set by a Zappa Family compiler,by GOD!

Yeah,I'd love to know the listing too,....BUT I don't think it'll be 4 Cds at 30 minutes each,or all talk either. But it will be compiled by someone who cares and be of some Conceptual Continuity value for damned sure.

That Led Zep thing made sense to me....folks lined-up to buy that re-heated shit,...maybe not YOU personally,but probably millions did. NOW here's your chance to hear what will be a celebration of the first friggin' Frank Zappa album,...and people are pissing and moaning about $70.

It's OK,....BUT that does make it obvious that YOU "pissers and moaners" are NOT the intended audience for such an in depth one-era study of Frank's Early years.

Two Cds are a comin',.....yes it would be nice to see a list.But maybe this one's for the absolute FZ MANIACS?

If I could travel thru time and join the UNITED MUTATIONS and go to the friggin' Garrick Theater to see the original Mothers ,....I would quit my job to do it.(Plus,I'd probably stay back in those times too...) Barring that,...to be a fly on the wall at the Freak Out! sessions through the magic of the ZFT 4 CD box,WELL I'LL SPEND $70 TO DO THAT.

All you others ,don't bitch,just wait and take the edited tour.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:47 pm 

penguini wrote:
But this still makes me wonder how many of you have bought a bootleg with less info on it's packaging? This is a real CD set by a Zappa Family compiler,by GOD!

That doesn't mean anything - these are the same people that released Joe's Xmasage and Joe's Domage - both of which I'd rather have the $$$ I invested than the product I received. I'm not saying I'm not thankful for their releases overall to-date. They've released a LOT of great material but they're not batting 100% (to try and use a 'Trendmonger' analogy :roll: ).....

Quote:
BUT I don't think it'll be 4 Cds at 30 minutes each,or all talk either.

We have no facts to let us know either way and that's the problem.... :cry:

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:54 pm 

PenguinInBondage wrote:
That doesn't mean anything - these are the same people that released Joe's Xmasage and Joe's Domage - both of which I'd rather have the $$$ I invested than the product I received.

Wow you are never happy are ya?? LMAO!!
Think about it this way..... Domage and Xmasage were $20.00 each. People (including you or not including you. I don't know yer filthy habits) spend $20 a week on a 16oz cup of coffee from Starbuck's. What do they get for it in the end??? NOTHING. You at least got something that may or may not mean something to you. A tangible product that you can keep forever and love it. If not, don't buy 'em or if you do and don't like them burn the fuckers and sell them on eBay. But quit yer fucking bitchen!! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:56 pm 

Isaac wrote:
Did I read that right? FOUR discs? This is what I've been watching and waiting for, for years! I hope that everyone else is as excited to hear this news as I am! :D

Isaac

LMAO@ this statement. WTF!!! ahahhaaaaaaaaa
Yer still still watching and waiting to grow some armpit hair boy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:02 pm 

jaypfunk wrote:
Jesus Fucking H Ballbag Toothpicks In My Asshole Christ!! You people are a bunch of whiney ass bitches!!!

It's a 4-CD Set for roughly $80.00 right?? If you go to Tower Records and buy 4 CDs that are NOT on sale the normal price is $18.99+ tax right? Shut The Fucking Fuck Up, stop whining like faggots at a cockring party and just buy the damn thing.

jaypfunk wrote:
Think about it this way..... Domage and Xmasage were $20.00 each. People (including you or not including you. I don't know yer filthy habits) spend $20 a week on a 16oz cup of coffee from Starbuck's. What do they get for it in the end??? NOTHING. You at least got something that may or may not mean something to you. A tangible product that you can keep forever and love it. If not, don't buy 'em or if you do and don't like them burn the fuckers and sell them on eBay. But quit yer fucking bitchen!!

................Exactly. Good points.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:05 pm 

I know I'll buy it, just aint got the splosheroo right now, which is a bummer. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:14 pm 

GZ: Ok? Now if you still want to get your name in the liner notes we want sixty-nine, ninety-five dollars right now!
AZF*: Where does it come from? We worked one gig this month. And now, so, what do we get, two hundred dollars for this gig up here, if we're lucky. If we're lucky, we'll get two hundred. And it'll be two weeks before we get it. Probably. I mean a- . . . after all, uh . . . what is all this shit in the, uh, in the forum? We sh-, if we got such a big name, how come, uh . . . we're. . .
GZ: That shit in the forum . . .
AZF: We're starving, man! This fucking fandom is starving! And we've been starving for thirteen years. I realize it takes a long time, but God damn does it take another five, ten years from now?
GZ: There's some months when you're not gonna work as much as other months. There's some months when you're gonna get a lot of product, and if you average it out, you do make more than a few good times a month.
AZF: Concert tix are sure high, too. If we'd all been living in California, it would've been different.
GZ: If you'd all been living in California, you wouldn't get to see a show at all!
AZF: Ah that's -- true . . . Well, they're not touring n-now anyway! Terry & co played one gig last month, Gail! What's wrong with getting two months in a row of this good product or show? Or three months in a row? Then we can afford to take three or four months off and everybody can . . . After the first month I can get just enough ahead, but if I had two more months, man, I'll get ahead. 'Cause I'm not living very extravagantly, I'll tell you for sure . . .

* AZF = Anonymous Zappa Fan

story old as the hunt.

[ . . .br]

I prefer to pay the least and get a bigger bang. To me, the one-time experience of a concert, is irreplacable in it's totality. I think everyone would agree, Nothing like being there. A dvd or audio of a show (often sold later at a commonly fixed price) has the great disadvantage of being one eye or multiple eyes edited into the duration-of-time length of the show. Like a funnel which is only transferring what it's designed capabilities can do. Of course we all know the additional disadvantage of say, audience recordings rather than soundboard quality audio and underproduced rather than artist-controlled production and engineering. But that's tech talk even though it IS fraught apparently with emotional issues for a number of forumers . . .

But one advantage that a reproducible audio/visual 'document' has over the live experience ($68.50 USD I paid for the upcoming KC show tix) is that you can play it over and over again as loud as your stereo can reproduce it [there is a couple discussions there about the ear-and-the-mouth, but they'll have to wait -- even tho I know they are germain to the topic when there is product and their advertisements arte en cycle]. To me, being able to play the cd or dvd or other media over and over in your own space is worth MUCH more than a one-time event -- even tho the two are different in nature and I would not give up the chance to see a band [but this band :shock: no way!!!!] if I thought they might provide a good time in-the-arena. Just so, I HATE :evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: having to pay as much for a concert as I would a 4cd boxset. BECAUSE I can play the cd over and over again forever but only get that-very-show-only once in-the-arena.

they are giving us a few good and a few dunders first to test the water and see what the net audience will do with this limited ad-campaign. same with fz:oz and its name-campaign.

but I can do both and laugh as all of you continue the human diorama . . .

HAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAAAA!!!!!!!!!1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:14 pm 

Lumpy Gravy wrote:
jaypfunk wrote:
Jesus Fucking H Ballbag Toothpicks In My Asshole Christ!! You people are a bunch of whiney ass bitches!!!

jaypfunk wrote:
Think about it this way..... Domage and Xmasage were $20.00 each. People (including you or not including you. I don't know yer filthy habits) spend $20 a week on a 16oz cup of coffee from Starbuck's. What do they get for it in the end??? NOTHING. You at least got something that may or may not mean something to you. A tangible product that you can keep forever and love it. If not, don't buy 'em or if you do and don't like them burn the fuckers and sell them on eBay. But quit yer fucking bitchen!!

................Exactly. Good points.

i dunno. just because some people waste money doesn't mean i'm going to risk 70 bucks on a release with no information at all. i'm trying to save money, and only spend it when i know what i'm getting... i'm dying to support the zft, but past imaginary diseases, their past multitude of releases have been either : very dissapointing or very expensive. i mean, i love fz:oz but wish i didnt have to pay 30 bucks for it. ugh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:15 pm 

of course, all apologies and thanx to everyone concerned, Roman for the lyrics, fz, jcb, gz, dz, muz, az, dz and the maekup man, the camera man, . . .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:21 pm 

aspy_2nd_bunch wrote:
I know I'll buy it, just aint got the splosheroo right now, which is a bummer. 8)

Remember, you only got until Aug. 22, to get the 4-CD box...
If you miss that, you'll have to make do with the 2-CD release...

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:25 pm 

jaypfunk wrote:
Think about it this way..... Domage and Xmasage were $20.00 each. People (including you or not including you. I don't know yer filthy habits) spend $20 a week on a 16oz cup of coffee from Starbuck's. What do they get for it in the end??? NOTHING. You at least got something that may or may not mean something to you. A tangible product that you can keep forever and love it. If not, don't buy 'em or if you do and don't like them burn the fuckers and sell them on eBay. But quit yer fucking bitchen!! :P

You're right Jaypfunk,
I can sell them back on e-bay and when I find the time, I probably will. I spent a ton of dough on every post-humous release of Frank's to-date. I'm just saying that after getting what-i-justify-as *2* lemons in the batch and now a $70 investment request with no track listing or "real" details taboot.... I'm gonna be a "winy bitch" and "puss out" on this jaunt. And you know what? I think I might just decide to continue my "fucking bitchen" as well because I can! :wink:

And maybe because I'm about 15 minutes away from puffin', but it just dawned on me that "faggots at a cockring party" probably wouldn't be whining much at all - wouldn't they be in heaven? I'm confused - maybe you could help us out on that one jaypfunk...... :P

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:35 pm 

PenguinInBondage wrote:
jaypfunk wrote:

You're right Jaypfunk,
I can sell them back on e-bay and when I find the time, I probably will. I spent a ton of dough on every post-humous release of Frank's to-date. I'm just saying that after getting what-i-justify-as *2* lemons in the batch and now a $70 investment request with no track listing or "real" details taboot.... I'm gonna be a "winy bitch" and "puss out" on this jaunt. And you know what? I think I might just decide to continue my "fucking bitchen" as well because I can! :wink:

And maybe because I'm about 15 minutes away from puffin', but it just dawned on me that "faggots at a cockring party" probably wouldn't be whining much at all - wouldn't they be in heaven? I'm confused - maybe you could help us out on that one jaypfunk...... :P

Hey genius.... maybe this is the reason why yer so uptight about yer cash flow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:38 pm 

setfiretothecouch wrote:
i mean, i love fz:oz but wish i didnt have to pay 30 bucks for it. ugh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:41 pm 

PenguinInBondage wrote:
And maybe because I'm about 15 minutes away from puffin'.............

jaypfunk wrote:

................ :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:09 pm 

jaypfunk wrote:

And for a lot of people, you're bringing up a great point. However, I'm gonna have to argue this point as well. I bought a vaporizer earlier in the year and have been able to cut my purchasing in 1/3rd by using it! Not to mention I'm very conservatory regardless. Someone had mentioned earlier that it's not so much that the CD's aren't breaking their bank but they're making efforts to conserve their money. Same here....

And you never got back to me on the cockring suck-fest analogy error! :twisted:

PS - Who ever said I purchased the puff anyways??? :roll:

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:13 pm 

I've been collecting FZ product since 67. I only wish all FZ releases would get this treatment. If it's the mono mix/stereo mix and 2 discs of interviews that would be enough. If there are out-takes, alt, mixes and rehearsals that would even be sweeter.

Let's hope Only Money, Hot Rats, Uncle Meat all get this treatment. I also hope for the orginal 12 record set - someday.

I'm in - I'll plan for a vacation day in September so I can listen to it.

Keep em coming.

(We need more Grand/Petite Wazoo too).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:22 pm 

jaypfunk wrote:
setfiretothecouch wrote:
i mean, i love fz:oz but wish i didnt have to pay 30 bucks for it. ugh.

perhaps. i've just been spoiled as of late by bands that hand make all their packaging and still only charge 5 dollars for a full length album. and amazon.com's used selection and aka records in philadelphia. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:31 pm 

anyway; about "what's on it?":

I hope they have restored the ending of 'You Didn't Try To Call Me', when (on the old LP), Ray Collins shouts "Girl!".
A little detail which FZ omitted when he approved the Ryko masters in '93.

8)

Last edited by Lumpy Gravy on Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:10 pm 
Banned

jaypfunk wrote:
LMAO@ this statement. WTF!!! ahahhaaaaaaaaa
Yer still still watching and waiting to grow some armpit hair boy.

Another nugget of wisdom from Jaypfunk, I presume? A few more posts like these, and you might have enough intelligence to make a penny. :roll:

Have you noticed that you are so oblivious to your surroundings that you waited five pages to respond to something that I posted on the SECOND REPLY? Good God, man...

Isaac

Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:26 pm 

OK, they got my money too...Im sure they will make good use of them.

I'm sure this is gonna be an AWSOME set, a real DELUXE package. Money well spent....

Now, lets all hope for the DELUXE set of Absolutely Free, We're Only In It For The Money and Lumpy Gravy...

Woahhh!

IB :twisted:

PS: For those of you who might wonder...YES, they do charge you for the CD now, and not on the shipping date...just so you know

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:28 pm 

March 1, 1966 The Mothers sign with Verve/MGM

March 9, 1966 T.T.G. Studios, LA

March 10, 1966 ''

March 11, 1966 ''

March 12, 1966 ''

April 1, 1966 ''

June 27, 1966 The Mothers Of Invention Freak Out! (Verve/MGM V6-5005-2)

So it's 5 days of probably 8 hours of recording if they talk maybe 2 hours by day so it make 6 hours of music X 5 days = 30 hours of music If they are bad enough to fuck up 50% of the music we got 15 hours of music.

The question is how much talking do they will put in?

Am I serious? No. But i have so much fun because i know i will love it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:37 pm 

There's no fucking way in hell that I'm paying $70 USD ($78 Canadian) for a "super deluxe" four-disc 40th anniversary edition of Freak Out!, without any tracklisting. Come on, ZFT...give us something to work with here. Otherwise, when August 22, 2006 comes around and there's still no tracklisting for this release, then I'll settle for the two-disc, New York-teenage-easy-version release of this 40th anniversary set, coming out a few months from now...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:20 pm 

It seems that Auntie Gail has figured out her market, and is learning how to drill into it.

First you've got the hard-core collectors who must have everything that says "Frank Zappa" on it. There aren't that many of these guys: but they'll go anywhere, they'll do anything, and they'll give you every penny they have (just don't ask where they got it).

Next you've got the casual fans: the ones who'll buy a best-of album and maybe one or two more. These are basically bottom feeders, and Ryko's been working them for years. These people don't apply to Gail, because they tend not to buy new albums by dead guys.

The third group is the one that Gail apparently just learned to leverage: the fans with $$$ who want The Royal Treatment and are willing to pay for it. They don't necessarily buy everything, but they'll pay extra to watch a soundcheck or to have their names embossed on a CD cover. And most importantly, they won't whine about how much it costs. These are the high-price-point people, and they can at least cover the development costs of a project.

There is a surprising number of older, financially-secure Zappa fans out there. Go to a Project/Object show or a ZPZ show, and you'll see bunches of them. There's a marketing term for these people: low hanging fruit. They're willing to part with some of their money to regain some elements of their youth.

*SPAM* for the soul?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:50 pm 

Lumpy Gravy wrote:
aspy_2nd_bunch wrote:

Remember, you only got until Aug. 22, to get the 4-CD box...
If you miss that, you'll have to make do with the 2-CD release...

8)

I know, buggering bollocks, Im gonna have to use money I'd set aside for something else. Why must the money gods persecute me so?! 8)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 59  Next