Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Gregorypeckory
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:41 am 

the album about gregorypeckory was pretty lame, although Joes Garage makes up for any Muffin Failures Frank may have had.<br>Side note: i think it's interesting that the rules for this forum are that vulgarity is not permitted. I wonder if Frank would have been allowed to participate.

Post subject: Re: Gregorypeckory
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:55 am 

Studio Tan's a great record. What you don't like RDNZL? *shakes head in disbelief* <br><br>Welcome to the forum. Don't sweat the vulgarity, there's plenty of it here.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:31 am 

I love Studio Tan; every second of it.<br><br>Welcome.<br><br>VCF<br><br>Edit: You want vulgarity, you've got it!  ;D<br><br>http://www.zappa.com/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=general;action=display;num=1092315282

Revel in your otherness. MK

STILL pissed at Tipper. VCF

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:08 pm 

I also love Studio Tan!  If there was ever a Zappa album that would be cool in DTS surround sound, this is the one.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:02 am 

Fair enough if somebody takes some tome on Studio Tan. I also did but never really disliked it. Now I love it. Whnever I listen to Gerggery I have a great time loughing. The part f. e. where Framk imitates Billy the Mountains loughter is sooo funny! ;D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:55 am 

[quote author=VCF link=board=albums;num=1103211703;start=0#3 date=12/16/04 at 09:31:17]I love Studio Tan; every second of it.<br><br>Welcome.<br><br>VCF<br><br>Edit: You want vulgarity, you've got it!  ;D<br><br>http://www.zappa.com/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=general;action=display;num=1092315282[/quote]<br><br>I agree! The Adventures Greggery Peccary is great!! The entire album is spectacular... it was one of the first that I picked up and has been a favorite ever since.  Maybe some might not enjoy Lemme Take You To The Beach, but that tune makes me smile every time I listen. It is fun in a quirky kinda way.   And RDNZL..... WOW!! Anthing with Ruth on is is an instant masterpiece!!!<br><br>GREAT ALBUM!!!  ;D    ;D    ;D    ;D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 8:42 am 

All of Studio Tan, esp. GP, rules in my opinion......

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 10:04 am 

[quote author=Batchain115 link=board=albums;num=1103211703;start=0#9 date=12/17/04 at 11:03:58]...bottomless pit of stupidity which seems to widen or, more accurately, be caused to widen from time to time by those who enjoy adding to it, something to which you have donated quite generously -- something I just couldn't possibly avoid noticing.[/quote]<br>Is this more trolling? Please give examples of the ever widening pit of stupidity that I've contributed to. Since you're keeping track, it ought to be easy.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 5:28 am 

Hey, Yomamma....<br><br>Get yer own handle!!!!!!!!!!!!<br><br>-Yomama

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:28 am 

Image<br><br> :DOh, here comes GREGGERY,<br>Little GRECGERY PECCARY<br>The nocturnal gregarious<br>Wild swine  :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 6:11 am 

I always thought he was sayin' whale slime, but wild swine makes more sense.

They never won't

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:14 pm 

Damn!  Gotta say this is not one of my most listened to songs.<br><br>Y'all love it ,but for me it just doesn't hold up to repeat listens....like "Billy the Mountain".  'Though I'd rather hear "Billy...." any day.<br><br>Some of us like other tracks more.  Some of us dig the Peccary.   Go figure!  Me,...now I myself prefer THE MUFFIN! ;D  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:30 am 

The PEK'O'RAMA.....Good stuff fur your ears....My son (7 YR OLD) walk'n around the house singing...CATALINA, CATALINA....I felldown laughing so hard  ;D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:05 am 

If "studio tan" isn't quite doin' it for you, pick up a copy of LATHER if you havn't already. "gp" is a fitting finale (well if you don't want to count those bonus tracks) to the monsterous 3-disc set.<br><br>one of my personal favorites

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:56 am 

Image<br><br>Studio Tan is one monolith of an album. Almost impenetrable, 'tis it. But focused listening reveals Studio Tan to be a complete masterpiece.

Post subject: Re: Greggerypeccary
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:20 am 

[quote author=Batchain115 link=board=albums;num=1103211703;start=15#17 date=01/05/05 at 13:54:19]<br>I just spotted this NOW! Wasn't there a complete clarification of this here in this thread or possibly in some other?!<br><br>--Batchain[/quote]<br><br>No there wasn't. It was a completely unprovoked attack. Perhaps your meds were running low when you posted it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:16 am 

and ones again...<br><br>hey you stupid faggy gregory, i told ya to leave me some pizza, the angry hungry mouse said.<br><br><br>Image

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:34 pm 

[quote author=plookin2hard link=board=albums;num=1103211703;start=0#0 date=12/16/04 at 07:41:43]the album about gregorypeckory was pretty lame, although Joes Garage makes up for any Muffin Failures Frank may have had.<br>Side note: i think it's interesting that the rules for this forum are that vulgarity is not permitted. I wonder if Frank would have been allowed to participate.[/quote]<br><br>yo mamma,studio tan is a masterpeice i thought every one liked it ??? if you dont that cool by me after all the whole point of the forum is to have your opnion voiced,i was slated when i posted a thread about jazz from hell,but w.t.f i still think it's shit :o and if you want vulgarity and profanity check out some of jayphunk's posts ha ha ;D welcome to the zappa party by the way enjoy ;D<br>