Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:56 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 4:48 pm 

I was wondering if someone could tell me who sang lead on San Berd'no from the One Size Fits All album (that bit at the end..."come on with me...come on with me...down to san berdino" )...it had a very Lowell Georgish quality to it...I thought that's who it was but I know it's not.<br><br>thanks in advance those those who answer.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 6:16 pm 

Good question...And while you are at it, Does beefheart start out Advance Romance. I can't tell if its him or not. At the very  beginning it doesn't sound like him, but ten seconds later it does. Who sings the first few lines?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 6:17 pm 

[quote author=Phillipe link=board=albums;num=1041821317;start=0#0 date=01/05/03 at 18:48:37]I was wondering if someone could tell me who sang lead on San Berd'no from the One Size Fits All album (that bit at the end..."come on with me...come on with me...down to san berdino" )...it had a very Lowell Georgish quality to it...I thought that's who it was but I know it's not.<br><br>thanks in advance those those who answer.[/quote]<br><br>I believe it's Johnny "Guitar" Watson who sings the "come on with me" part at the end.  In the album notes he's credited with "flambe vocals on the out-choruses of San Ber'dino and Andy".

>You don't.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 6:17 pm 

Also, I loved Lowell George. Saw Little Feat three times in two days, all in the first six rows!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 6:23 pm 

[quote author=radley link=board=albums;num=1041821317;start=0#1 date=01/05/03 at 20:16:03]Good question...And while you are at it, Does beefheart start out Advance Romance. I can't tell if its him or not. At the very  beginning it doesn't sound like him, but ten seconds later it does. Who sings the first few lines?[/quote]<br><br>I think that's Napoleon Murphy Brock. I think the Captain's playing harp.

>You don't.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 11:51 pm 

[quote author=Phillipe link=board=albums;num=1041821317;start=0#0 date=01/05/03 at 18:48:37]I was wondering if someone could tell me who sang lead on San Berd'no from the One Size Fits All album (that bit at the end..."come on with me...come on with me...down to san berdino" )...it had a very Lowell Georgish quality to it...I thought that's who it was but I know it's not.<br><br>thanks in advance those those who answer.[/quote]<br><br>Think it's Johnny "Guitar" Watson at the outro .

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 6:28 pm 

Johnny Watson it is!  Thanks guys.  <br><br>I'd love to know what the hell the translation is to those german lyrics are on Sofa #2.   Were they printed on the original album liner notes?<br><br>..  sounds like he's saying "Ich Bin Der chrome dinette"...LOL..too funny.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:01 pm 

[quote author=mokmoof link=board=albums;num=1041821317;start=0#9 date=10/26/05 at 00:42:10]<br><br>Perchance, does this job include vault access?  You might be on to something...[/quote]<br>Nar, it includes sitting on your ass with the Zappa family discussing the next way to hype up and let down the people who pay their rent.