Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:45 am 

r2daft2 wrote:
:idea: Here's an alternative long-term solution to the disc extraction problem:

Once you've managed to get the discs out of the packaging, place one of those "dummy" CD's (the kind that you get at the bottom of spindles of CD-R's) on each hub before replacing the discs.

When you come to remove the disc in future the dummy acts as a lever and the disc pops out safely.

Sorted. :D :D :D :D

NICE IDEA!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:47 am 

I could care less what zombie has to say abt me --- and it's clearly wild hyperbole......

i've been away... doing one of the things i love best-- playing Zappa's music [AS HE ASKED US TO DO ON HIS DEATHBED..] for fellow fans.... in the Northeast....

Whatever , dude. You are the kind of energy that keeps my ass off this forum -- so you get your wish!!

Who has the time for a thread-war with clowns like you?? I'm out there doing it, while you play with your balls. I will back up ANYTHING i have said -- dirty laundry??? how about my right to respond to ZFT hyperbole, as well as yours?? And - wow --- you really are being extra-sensitive -- I mean --- my original comments on this CD were pretty well balanced -- i praised it coming out..just commented wryly on the packaging THEN OFFERED A SOLUTION..damn, what the fuck is wrong with you!??

BTW - to the others ....I write you now from muy bonita CHILE... where i just road-managed a show with Al DiMeola (another great Italian....) ..wow..what a place, gotta visit again..any forum members here in Chile??

Speaking of the southern hemisphere - hey bernie!! thanks for going to bat for me ---what can I say?? this character has a loose screw somewhere.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:13 am 
Banned

Fuck off Andre, you whiny, sour grape.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:42 am 

Whatever anyone says, ZFT or forum members, Andre does good work. Its people like him that keep contribute keeping Franks music really alive, whether you like it or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:56 am 

Someone should make a YouTube video about how to remove those damn discs safely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:06 am 

Sweet Mama Cass, I did a search on my tubes of blank CDs and DVDs, and found out that I have an ungodly amount of "dummy" transparent CDs - over 50.

Post subject: jim
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:00 pm 

i had a hard time with the first disc ( 1 ) tok me 10 minutes but i was impressed how well packaged the cd was , wrapped tigtly in plastic and nothing broken : )...( unless you broke it yourself ; ) ) considering it came all the way from the U.S.A to Sweden.....

By the way this has nothing to do with this thread but..he says on the cd that "the reurn of the son of monster magnet" was an unfinished song..and considering him going back to re-do stuff on the "were only in..." and "cruizing with.." did he ever finish that song?

Post subject: Re: jim
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:41 pm 

jimmy "the hindu&q wrote:
By the way this has nothing to do with this thread but..he says on the cd that "the reurn of the son of monster magnet" was an unfinished song..and considering him going back to re-do stuff on the "were only in..." and "cruizing with.." did he ever finish that song?

no. he left it the way it was. it would have been fun to hear 'monster magnet' the way he intended, but, I guess he just thought "fuck it" and went on to other things.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:42 am 

Okay, okay, hideous necro I know, and it doesn't look good when it's my first non-activation post but:

I got the Mofo deluxe this morning in the post and couldn't get the discs out immediately, so I Google'd the problem and found this thread, so I'm guessing that others will do that too. I tried the various fixes mentioned (mainly it seems to boil down to lifting gently and rotating ... then found a better way to do it.

Here's my solution:

Take a piece of cloth (in my case it was the bottom edge of the sweatshirt I was wearing, but you could use an eCloth if you want to be "pro") and slide it under the disc until it stops at the spindle. Then draw it around the spindle so that it fully supports the disc. Then press the plastic hub in the middle to release the disc. :smoke:

This way takes about ten seconds and you don't run the risk of causing rotary scratches by turning the disc. (I actually think that there are some scratches on my discs that were put there in the process of getting the discs onto the spindles in the first place.)

Hope this helps late purchasers.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6