Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:35 am 

Weeeeee!!!!!!!! :shock:

I got mine today...a lot sooner than expected.

So, now Im going to open it and see if I can break anything

See ya later!

IB :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:03 am 
Banned

Leave God out of it.

Again, for the mentally challenged ( and we have quite a few)...

This is MY OPINION:

Andre is a whiner for even brnging up what he did, especially in a post that has nothing to do with his little riff with Gail.

The rest of you retards need to cop a clue. P/O is not part of the ZFT, and has no real RELEVANCE.

What NMB does with his time away from ZPZ is his business. I would suspect that the ZFT cares little because he hasn't been a loudmouth whiny assed sniveler, like Andre has been on this forum.

What goes on outside this forum is not something that is RELEVANT.

OK. Got it?

Nah, you probably don't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:15 am 

LMAO@

Fortunes told, $1.00....contact Disco Boy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:50 am 

zombie1210 wrote:

This is MY OPINION:

My apologies, you do have the right to be an asshole.
Carry on. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:58 am 
Banned

Thanks Jesus.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:54 pm 

zombie does a lot of bloody pointless whining for someone who doesn't like whiners.

wine anyone? cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:06 pm 
Banned

Calling out a whiner does not a whiner make.

So....YOU think it is entirely appropriate to air out some other group's dirty laundry and personal beef?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:13 pm 

haha....you're crap at comebacks.
try another forum, your thing is getting boring really fast.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:16 pm 

zombie1210 wrote:
Calling out a whiner does not a whiner make.

So....YOU think it is entirely appropriate to air out some other group's dirty laundry and personal beef?

I know this wasn't directed to me actually, but...
Yes, yes I do, so what the fuck is so hard to figure out about that?
Its a fucking forum.
And the fact that you find no relevence to it, is your opinion.
:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:23 pm 

zombie1210 wrote:
Leave God out of it.

This is MY OPINION:

Andre is a whiner for even brnging up what he did, especially in a post that has nothing to do with his little riff with Gail.

The rest of you retards need to cop a clue. P/O is not part of the ZFT, and has no real RELEVANCE.

What NMB does with his time away from ZPZ is his business. I would suspect that the ZFT cares little because he hasn't been a loudmouth whiny assed sniveler, like Andre has been on this forum.

OK. Got it?

Nah, you probably don't.

Jeezus, it's creeps like Zombie that make me embarrassed to admit liking Frank Zappa.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:11 pm 

brainpang wrote:
zombie1210 wrote:
Leave God out of it.

This is MY OPINION:

OK. Got it?

Nah, you probably don't.

Jeezus, it's creeps like Zombie that make me embarrassed to admit liking Frank Zappa.

What kind of comment is that? Dont let him have that much of an impact on you. Its not like that at all. The words: embarresed, liking, and FZ in one sentence should be illegal here. More like. I cant believe creeps like Zombie even know who FZ is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:13 pm 

Uncle Bernie wrote:
Phlakaton wrote:
I'm not a troller either. I was simply annoyed about all the criticism over something I found minor.

Then why have a go at Andre' for defending himself against a douche bag like zombie123whateverthefuck? He has as much right to comment here as anyone else, and makes more sense than most of them.

I dont think I'll be giving out a psychological profile of my madness. It was stupid and I apologized.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:15 am 
Banned

Some of you guys actually graduate from high school?

You sound like dropout losers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:48 am 

Frank Zappa fans be real irritable up in heah.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:33 pm 

Well i spent about 30 minutes composing a message to have it killed, that was fun. Let me try again, this time in shorter form. I come here to see thoughts on the new CD, and all i hear is how hard it is to take out of the case and Andre is a whiner. Andre sounds like just about any Zappa musician with balls. Steve Goodman if you looked at him while writing a song would give you writing credit. Seems the opposite with Frank. We all know how much his music isn't his, He had a knack for getting the best out of musicians and not just their playing. It came off as selfish, a real shame. But you know karma get's you. What you do etc.
The album "We're only in it for the money" was supposed to be a parody, but nothing is funny w/o a grain of truth. So it goes. The image remains the same. I had a bunch of insighful ways for ZFT to make money, but since they took 30 minutes of my life, i feel screwed so forget it. Figure it out yourself.
Thanks for you efforts. The new releases, ZPZ, I think they fall short, but i see your trying and that is all one can ask. I really did have a bunch of suggestions to make more money and improve the ZPZ shows, but you also really did take 30 minutes of my time, and time is money, so forget it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:19 pm 

OK, you killed another one of my posts.
I'll try and make this quick ZPZ needs to be ZFB Zappa Family band, really improv, originals, covers of other artists, get Keneally, your brother, do the next generation Zappa, if I want to hear Frank i will buy this new archival material
ZPZ is like 10% like a real Zappa band. Are you rehearsing everyday? Steve Vai was a regular Joe in a Zappa band, can you say that now? No of course not.
If you want to make a mark make your own, cover bands suck, you will not be able to keep this up, your going to lose audience unless you can give us new arrangements, new material covers, guests, guests doing originals, make it a new band. it's great you paid tribute to your dad, but all things must pass, time to move on, both Dweezil and Ahmet have so much talent, i would love to see it, not just another cover band from LA.
I want to hear Dweezil originals live. You have it, use it brother!

Also check out how Fripp offers material via bit torrent in 16 bit flac format, wow what a cheap production cost and a great way to make ton's of money, and keep fans very happy. It's killing my wallet that site! check out his site which I'm not allowed to give out else you kill this messge

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:33 pm 
Banned

drew51 wrote:
OK, you killed another one of my posts.
I'll try and make this quick ZPZ needs to be ZFB Zappa Family band, really improv, originals, covers of other artists, get Keneally, your brother, do the next generation Zappa, if I want to hear Frank i will buy this new archival material
ZPZ is like 10% like a real Zappa band. Are you rehearsing everyday? Steve Vai was a regular Joe in a Zappa band, can you say that now? No of course not.
If you want to make a mark make your own, cover bands suck, you will not be able to keep this up, your going to lose audience unless you can give us new arrangements, new material covers, guests, guests doing originals, make it a new band. it's great you paid tribute to your dad, but all things must pass, time to move on, both Dweezil and Ahmet have so much talent, i would love to see it, not just another cover band from LA.
I want to hear Dweezil originals live. You have it, use it brother!

Also check out how Fripp offers material via bit torrent in 16 bit flac format, wow what a cheap production cost and a great way to make ton's of money, and keep fans very happy. It's killing my wallet that site! check out his site which I'm not allowed to give out else you kill this messge

Pretty hilarious, dude.

They have a gauranteed market. This past year established the fact that people want to hear Dweezil and band, play FZ's music.

They can tour for YEARS and not work all FZ's music into a setlist.

Your thinking is very contrary to what most people think.

I, for one, will pay whatever price they ask, each time they come to town, because I know they will play different stuff each time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:00 am 

scarf wrote:
Three of my discs were a bitch to get out. I took the little nail-file on my fingernail clippers and filed down all the sides just a bit on each of the four little button doohickeys. Worked like a charm. Now, all the discs pop out perfectly easy, just as they would in most any CD cases. I highly recommend doing this; it takes all of five or ten minutes, and you won't have to worry about keeping the discs in something else, or the discs breaking if/when you remove them from the MOFO case.

Thanks for the advice, scarf. I did this too, and the cds go in and out fairly easily now, after have a shit of a time getting them out first up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:50 am 

I honestly had no trouble with any of the discs.......Can see why trouble has occured though......
Great music though!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:20 am 

drew51 if you want to write long message, make it in a block note save it and past it here after.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:54 pm 

Studebaker wrote:
At least now we know what caused the delay... printing the stickers warning consumers to be careful with their $70 box set. :mrgreen:

i'd say there's a fooking delay...i'm still waiting for mine :cry: 8 weeks now and still counting :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:32 pm 

I received my copy today and have been trying the nail-file trick for a while... but couldn't extract the first CD after 5 minutes.
I could not figure out the 4 CDs would be this much stuck :shock:

So I tried another technique which worked pretty well, it could even be safer and faster:

I used an 8" adjustable wrench on the tray center edges, then slowly tightened the jaw until I could see a very slight deformation. I made sure the jaw did not loosen then I slowly pulled the wrench while applying a gentle torque (successively backward and foreward) until the tray center poped out. I did it twice for each CD as there are 4 edges.

I don't feel like it is possible to harm the tray center proceeding this way: the wrench hurts the fingers before causing any damage.

Although I didn't do it, it seems quite reasonable to protect the CDs by placing sheets of paper on both sides of the tray center during the process.

It took less than 1 minute to extract the last CD :D
Now I can use the Digipak as a regular box.

Anyway I dunno if I will leave the CDs in it as I will have to unfold it completely each time I need to access disc 4.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:07 am 

Maroual wrote:
I received my copy today and have been trying the nail-file trick for a while... but couldn't extract the first CD after 5 minutes.
I could not figure out the 4 CDs would be this much stuck :shock:

So I tried another technique which worked pretty well, it could even be safer and faster:

I used an 8" adjustable wrench on the tray center edges, then slowly tightened the jaw until I could see a very slight deformation. I made sure the jaw did not loosen then I slowly pulled the wrench while applying a gentle torque (successively backward and foreward) until the tray center poped out. I did it twice for each CD as there are 4 edges.

I don't feel like it is possible to harm the tray center proceeding this way: the wrench hurts the fingers before causing any damage.

Although I didn't do it, it seems quite reasonable to protect the CDs by placing sheets of paper on both sides of the tray center during the process.

It took less than 1 minute to extract the last CD :D
Now I can use the Digipak as a regular box.

Anyway I dunno if I will leave the CDs in it as I will have to unfold it completely each time I need to access disc 4.

This is a real scientific process. Mine was fine, this sounds like some of these packages are well and truly fucked up!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:02 am 

I had to push back the plastic nubs with a nail file to get the disks out. No problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:38 am 

:idea: Here's an alternative long-term solution to the disc extraction problem:

Once you've managed to get the discs out of the packaging, place one of those "dummy" CD's (the kind that you get at the bottom of spindles of CD-R's) on each hub before replacing the discs.

When you come to remove the disc in future the dummy acts as a lever and the disc pops out safely.

Sorted. :D :D :D :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next