Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:06 am 

There are many Samplers and Compilations that are not part of The Official Frank Zappa Discography and this is one of them.
This is a Sampler Project and was produced by Frank specifically as a Sampler. It is not part of the Official Discography and it does not get a # in the Official Discography. If all of Franks Sampler projects were placed in The Official Discography the number of Projects it the Official Discography may be 120 instead of 79.

There are many Compilations and Samplers made for Radio and some even for distribution where a fan may purchase that item but these are not included in the Official Discography for these items may not be considered Projetcs in the same manner as those 79 items listed in The Official Discography.

Many of these Samplers,Compilations or 45s may be viewed seperately from releases that are Specific Projects as listed in Teh Official FranK Zappa Discography. So when we loook at a release that gets one of these # such as Trance Fusion has a release # 79 remember it is a PROJECT with a bit more of a scope focus than just some Sampler.

Trance Fusion was a Projetc not just some Compilation of Guitar Solos. A Sampler ideology on The Official Catalouge is what I have been questioning. Calling them SAMPLERS is disrespectful to the artisstic integrity and or scope of the Project.

In the case of the many RYKOCompilations I feel the ZFT made a great decision omiting or let me put that more direclty, deciding to never include these in The Official Zappa Discography.

This is another point that seperates Franks Projects from Sampler Ideology. Each one of those Projects had a scope. Even when Frank made
Have I Offended Someone ? that project was put together as a Project where it is more than a compilation or collection of hits/misses.

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

Last edited by Trendmonger on Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:09 am 

Trendmonger wrote:
There are many Samplers and Compilations that are not part of The Official Frank Zappa Discography and this is one of them.
This is a Sampler Project and was produced by Frank specifically as a Sampler. It is not part of the Official Discography and it does not get a # in the Official Discography. If all of Franks Sampler projects were placed in Teh Official Discography it the number may be up to 120 instead of 79.

There are many Compilations and Samplers made for Radio and some even for distribution where a fan may purchase that item but these are not included in the Official Discography for these items may not be considered Projetcs in the same manner as those 79 items listed in The Official Discography.

Many of these Samplers,Compilations or 45s may be viewed seperately from releases that are Specific Projects as listed in Teh Official FranK Zappa Discography. So when we loook at a release that gets one of these # such as Trance Fusion has a release # 79 remember it is a PROJECT with a bit more of a scope focus than just some Sampler.

Trance Fusion was a Projetc not just some Compilation of Guitar Solos. A Sampler ideology on The Official Catalouge is what I have been questioning. Calling them SAMPLERS is disrespectful to the artisstic integrity and or scope of the Project.

In the case of the many RYKOCompilations I feel the ZFT made a great decision omiting or let me put that more direclty, deciding to never include these in The Official Zappa Discography.

This is another point that seperates Franks Projects from Sampler Ideology. Each one of those Projects had a scope. Even when Frank made
Have I Offended Someone ? that project was put together as a Project where it is more than a compilation or collection of hits/misses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:07 am 

I have it on very good authority that teh man had a lot of samplers at one time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:27 am 

Trendmonger wrote:
This is a Sampler Project and was produced by Frank specifically as a Sampler. It is not part of the Official Discography and it does not get a # in the Official Discography. If all of Franks Sampler projects were placed in The Official Discography the number of Projects it the Official Discography may be 120 instead of 79.

I think you need to go back to sleep......

IB :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:29 am 

slime.oofytv.set wrote:

Brilliant! :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:31 am 

jaypfunk wrote:

LMAO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:45 pm 

Trendmonger wrote:

Boy oh boy, if the Bears Cornerbacks could back peddle like this
they may have been able to keep up with the Colts receivers.
You trendmonkey are Pa-thet-ic

Foo-eee!

:roll: