Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 315 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:45 am
Posts: 779
Isaac wrote:
mil wrote:
Strong-arming your POV around isn't exactly "accurate" editing of articles, is it...


It's not "strong-arming [my] POV." It's a discussion over the importance of the film. All three parties in the discussion came to a compromise.

[size=0]Isaac[/size]


Quite. Nice to see that you did compromise in the end. Nevertheless, the discussion leading up to it was typical of your usual strident, frothing manner of presenting highly biased opinion as fact (interestingly without ever having seen the film; how do you know it is a "considerably bad remake" without sitting down and watching it?).

_________________
"I don't think Pop Tarts have any place in our Lord's plans for the world."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:29 pm
Posts: 7106
Location: exile
jaypfunk wrote:
Isaac accused me of Photoshoping the Miles Davis LP label in the 20min Album Side thread!! hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

yeah, I remember that. :mrgreen:

_________________
"bit of nostalgia for the old folks."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2002 7:21 am
Posts: 1690
Location: SLS
Image


Now I'm not coming to ANYBODY'S defense here , but there are a lot of FAKE posters ( & posters :wink: ) on the web , with everybody MAKING a twin brother or something with the photo editing programs out there.

Check out the Stones poster... Looks pretty real , right?
Well if you didn't know anything about Cincinnasty , Ohio , you could be fooled by this one.

Fact is the date is 1965 .... RIVER FRONT STADIUM WASN"T OPENED UNTIL 1970 !!!!

Oh yeah , the guy's name is COCKER !!! not Crocker :roll:

So Issac , whether ya did it or not , grow up ...And IB ,, just BU :lol:

_________________
http://www.ssimfg.com/index.html


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:50 pm 
Offline
Banned
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:44 pm
Posts: 7813
Location: Underneath Virginia
mil wrote:
Quite. Nice to see that you did compromise in the end. Nevertheless, the discussion leading up to it was typical of your usual strident, frothing manner of presenting highly biased opinion as fact (interestingly without ever having seen the film; how do you know it is a "considerably bad remake" without sitting down and watching it?).


Yeah, sorry, I was in a bad mood at the time. Though I did actually catch part of it on cable recently, and what I've seen of it was quite bad. The guess that the rest of it was as bad was based on what I've seen of the director's filmography (half of it).

[size=0]Isaac[/size]

_________________
I want dis little pussy
Baby wants some o' dis
And some o' dat
Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat


Jimmie D Fan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:29 pm
Posts: 7106
Location: exile
pedro1 wrote:
Image
Check out the Stones poster... Looks pretty real , right?
Well if you didn't know anything about Cincinnasty , Ohio , you could be fooled by this one.

Fact is the date is 1965 .... RIVER FRONT STADIUM WASN"T OPENED UNTIL 1970 !!!!

Oh yeah , the guy's name is COCKER !!! not Crocker :roll:


not to mention that mick taylor is in the picture... and the picture is from the 'sticky fingers' album photo sessions.

doesn't have anything to do with isaac faking a 'lord of the rings'-poster, though...

_________________
"bit of nostalgia for the old folks."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 7:29 pm
Posts: 9604
isaac wrote:
I've never lied, and I'm not fucking lying now. You people can rant and rave all you fucking want ... ...SHUT THE FUCK UP


timm0 wrote:
Image ''I never faked any images, or deleted any posts!''



_____________________________________________________________
ralphski admits lie, deletes posts, rants, raves, petulant frenzy, thana sucks...





[url=http://www.zappa.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4612&view=previous]on nov-18-03, before isaac [aka thing-fish2003 aka thing-fish24 aka chungas habits]
deleted his own opening post on his own goodby cruel forum thread,
dr_grogg[/url]"][quote="thing-fish24 wrote:
All right, I'll confess ... I signed up as 'Chunga's Habits' because I thought you guys didn't like me.


"When I first met Thing-Fish24 he was a bit of a nerd but he hided it well with forum talk and being into Zappa"

;D

-/dr_grogg[/quote]

All right, I'll confess ... I signed up as 'Chunga's Habits' because I thought you guys didn't like me.

T-F:...you have misled th forum and have admited your guilt!
I feel a suitable punishment is required!

Being a democratic forum and all ,..you have a choice.

1; An all boy weekend spent at the Neverland Ranch,playing find th Crisco wristwatch,amongst other delight's

2; A night at Laurel's where you will be introduced to the fine art of hairbrush spankdom.

3; A penance of '' I must get 'Sleep Dirt' vynal and damn th EQ and compression stats...

P.S. Answer my post ,..or...



Quote:
Image

_________________
Image


Last edited by slime.oofytv.set on Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:28 pm
Posts: 2666
Location: in the tiny dirt somewhere
Lumpy Gravy wrote:
pedro1 wrote:
Image
Check out the Stones poster... Looks pretty real , right?
Well if you didn't know anything about Cincinnasty , Ohio , you could be fooled by this one.

Fact is the date is 1965 .... RIVER FRONT STADIUM WASN"T OPENED UNTIL 1970 !!!!

Oh yeah , the guy's name is COCKER !!! not Crocker :roll:


not to mention that mick taylor is in the picture... and the picture is from the 'sticky fingers' album photo sessions.


And "Rolling Stone's" and the fact that noone in their right mind would go to an outdoor concert in Ohio in the middle of December.

But the craziest thing of all about this poster is that they spelled Cincinnati corrrectly...

_________________
_________________Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:29 pm
Posts: 7106
Location: exile
MentalTossFlycoon wrote:
And "Rolling Stone's"...


ha. I didn't even notice that! :mrgreen:

_________________
"bit of nostalgia for the old folks."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:46 am 
Offline
Banned
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:44 pm
Posts: 7813
Location: Underneath Virginia
slime.oofytv.set wrote:
...admits lie, deletes posts, rants, raves, petlulant fenzy...


"Look here brother,
Who you jivin' with that Cosmik Debris?"


[size=0]Isaac[/size]

_________________
I want dis little pussy
Baby wants some o' dis
And some o' dat
Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat


Jimmie D Fan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2002 10:56 pm
Posts: 3304
Location: Aotearoa NZ
there's a word for people who continue to deny and distort the truth ..
even when confronted with it

and if there isn't i'd like to propose it be T-F24

:roll:

_________________
image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:26 pm 
Offline
Banned
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:44 pm
Posts: 7813
Location: Underneath Virginia
stride wrote:
there's a word for people who continue to deny and distort the truth ..
even when confronted with it


Dude...WHAT FUCKIN' TRUTH?!? There is no proof whatsoever that I have said anything that is being attributed to me. There are a bunch of fake quotes, but no fucking facts. ARE YOU BLIND?!? Stop trying to bring me down with absolutely nothing. All of you need to quit wasting your fucking time with this bullshit. Look at the facts. YOU ARE WRONG. SHUT UP.

[size=0]Isaac[/size]

_________________
I want dis little pussy
Baby wants some o' dis
And some o' dat
Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat


Jimmie D Fan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2002 10:56 pm
Posts: 3304
Location: Aotearoa NZ
complete denial
or anything but straight

:roll:

_________________
image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:45 am
Posts: 779
http://www.zappa.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4592&highlight=procensorship

So none of these dead posts from the above topic were you:

[quote author=Thing-Fish24 link=board=general;num=1075259136;start=45#47 date=01/29/04 at 18:04:00]...how can you act like this when freedom of speech is on the line?[/quote]

quote author=Thing-Fish24 link=board=general;num=1075259136;start=45#51 date=01/29/04 at 18:16:27]A Frank Zappa fan site censored me![/quote]

[quote author=Thing-Fish24 link=board=general;num=1075259136;start=45#51 date=01/29/04 at 18:16:27]How can a Frank Zappa fan commit acts of censorship, and constitutional ignorance?[/quote]

[quote author=Thing-Fish24 link=board=general;num=1075259136;start=45#55 date=01/29/04 at 18:29:30]BARRY, YOU IGNORANT CRACKER NAZI CENSOR!!!![/quote]

[quote author=Thing-Fish24 link=board=general;num=1075259136;start=75#77 date=01/29/04 at 20:53:11]Since Frank Zappa is dead, I emailed Gail Zappa to complain. She'd care, because she, unlike the people on this Forum is an intelligant, caring person with knowledge of the US constitution. [/quote]

[quote author=Thing-Fish24 link=board=general;num=1075259136;start=75#81 date=01/29/04 at 21:03:49]"Censoring what you say is one of the ways in which people who are not nice can take away your personal freedom."
- Frank Zappa, HIGH TIMES Interview

"Censoring what you say is one of the ways in which people who are not nice can take away your personal freedom."
- Frank Zappa, HIGH TIMES Interview

"Censoring what you say is one of the ways in which people who are not nice can take away your personal freedom."
- Frank Zappa, HIGH TIMES Interview

"Censoring what you say is one of the ways in which people who are not nice can take away your personal freedom."
- Frank Zappa, HIGH TIMES Interview

[move]"Censoring what you say is one of the ways in which people who are not nice can take away your personal freedom."
- Frank Zappa, HIGH TIMES Interview [/move][/quote]

quote author=Thing-Fish24 link=board=general;num=1075259136;start=75#89 date=01/29/04 at 21:10:17]

No, I educate myself.

The point of home school is to educate yourself. You teach yourself.[/quote]

[quote author=Thing-Fish24 link=board=general;num=1075259136;start=90#95 date=01/29/04 at 21:23:13]

And he'll tell you that Frank Zappa was against censorship, and THIS IS THE OFFICAL FRANK ZAPPA FORUM.[/quote]

[quote author=Thing-Fish24 link=board=general;num=1075259136;start=90#99 date=01/29/04 at 21:25:46]

What Barry did was censorship![/quote]

Where have they all gone? And indeed, where have all Thing-Fish24's posts gone? The user name in the member list has no posts attributed to it, yet a quick search for "quote author=Thing-Fish24" reveals his legacy.

So you never deleted any posts? Dear oh dear, Isaac. Give it up.

_________________
"I don't think Pop Tarts have any place in our Lord's plans for the world."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:26 pm
Posts: 2243
"everyone is a dickhead?"

It's starting to look like he's got a point.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:57 am
Posts: 2997
Location: Topsham, Maine
Isaac wrote:
stride wrote:
there's a word for people who continue to deny and distort the truth ..
even when confronted with it


Dude...WHAT FUCKIN' TRUTH?!? There is no proof whatsoever that I have said anything that is being attributed to me. There are a bunch of fake quotes, but no fucking facts. ARE YOU BLIND?!? Stop trying to bring me down with absolutely nothing. All of you need to quit wasting your fucking time with this bullshit. Look at the facts. YOU ARE WRONG. SHUT UP.

[size=0]Isaac[/size]


To paraphrase the queen in Hamlet

"The thing-fish24 doth protest too much, methinks."

So basically, everyone but you is a liar?
Sure they are.
:roll:

_________________
Wanna Buy A Grunt With A Third Party Check
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:22 pm 
Offline
Banned
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:44 pm
Posts: 7813
Location: Underneath Virginia
The plain and simple truth is that nothing can change the fact that I know what I did or didn't say, and when I confirm that something came out of a horse's ass, it came out of a horse's ass. While some of you personally might want to continue spreading the horse turds throughout the thread, I'd like to go do something else. It is extremely boring to watch page after page after page of fake quotes, lies, and accusations.

This thread was over 10 pages ago. THE HORSE IS DEAD. STOP WHIPPING IT.

[size=0]Isaac[/size]

_________________
I want dis little pussy
Baby wants some o' dis
And some o' dat
Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat


Jimmie D Fan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2002 3:49 pm
Posts: 1807
Location: The White Zone
FeralCats wrote:
"everyone is a dickhead?"

It's starting to look like he's got a point.


:mrgreen:

_________________
There isn't much chance that you'll get people to like you. The best that most folks can hope for is that people will put up with their shit. MTF

Revel in your otherness. MK

STILL pissed at Tipper. VCF


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:07 pm
Posts: 5691
Location: Closer than I Appear
Everyone in this thread is wearing a uniform, and don't kid yourselves.

_________________
Let's hear it again for the London Philharmonic Orchestra!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:57 am
Posts: 2997
Location: Topsham, Maine
Isaac wrote:
and when I confirm that something came out of a horse's ass, it came out of a horse's ass.


Because of your extensive knowledge on the subject?
:wink:

_________________
Wanna Buy A Grunt With A Third Party Check
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:45 am
Posts: 779
Isaac wrote:
The plain and simple truth is that nothing can change the fact that I know what I did or didn't say, and when I confirm that something came out of a horse's ass, it came out of a horse's ass. While some of you personally might want to continue spreading the horse turds throughout the thread, I'd like to go do something else. It is extremely boring to watch page after page after page of fake quotes, lies, and accusations.

This thread was over 10 pages ago. THE HORSE IS DEAD. STOP WHIPPING IT.

[size=0]Isaac[/size]


I agree Isaac, it is boring, and I've more than contributed to that. But it's also incredibly frustrating to read your constant denials in the face of what could be called damning evidence, and this is why people reply to these things, and is why people (me in this case) bring up old threads when you say something that appear to contradict previous events. There really is nothing bad about admitting that you're wrong; a little humility goes a long way, and I'm sure people would respect you more for it. And if you do happen to be telling the truth in whatever situation, unfortunately your conduct and manner of posting makes it very difficult to believe you.

That is all. I have my views and I'm not going to post again on the subject. And as our man FZ says:

"...and ultimately, who gives a fuck anyway?"

_________________
"I don't think Pop Tarts have any place in our Lord's plans for the world."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:26 pm
Posts: 2243
feetlightup wrote:
Everyone in this thread is wearing a uniform, and don't kid yourselves.


Yeah, but my uniform is nicer than everyone else's.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:29 pm
Posts: 7106
Location: exile
Isaac wrote:
The plain and simple truth is that nothing can change the fact that I know what I did or didn't say, and when I confirm that something came out of a horse's ass, it came out of a horse's ass. While some of you personally might want to continue spreading the horse turds throughout the thread, I'd like to go do something else. It is extremely boring to watch page after page after page of fake quotes, lies, and accusations.

This thread was over 10 pages ago. THE HORSE IS DEAD. STOP WHIPPING IT.


scary...

_________________
"bit of nostalgia for the old folks."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:56 pm 
Offline
Banned
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:40 pm
Posts: 2342
If you beat it.....they will come.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:07 pm
Posts: 5691
Location: Closer than I Appear
mil wrote:
Isaac wrote:
The plain and simple truth is that nothing can change the fact that I know what I did or didn't say, and when I confirm that something came out of a horse's ass, it came out of a horse's ass. While some of you personally might want to continue spreading the horse turds throughout the thread, I'd like to go do something else. It is extremely boring to watch page after page after page of fake quotes, lies, and accusations.

This thread was over 10 pages ago. THE HORSE IS DEAD. STOP WHIPPING IT.

[size=0]Isaac[/size]


I agree Isaac, it is boring, and I've more than contributed to that. But it's also incredibly frustrating to read your constant denials in the face of what could be called damning evidence, and this is why people reply to these things, and is why people (me in this case) bring up old threads when you say something that appear to contradict previous events. There really is nothing bad about admitting that you're wrong; a little humility goes a long way, and I'm sure people would respect you more for it. And if you do happen to be telling the truth in whatever situation, unfortunately your conduct and manner of posting makes it very difficult to believe you.

That is all. I have my views and I'm not going to post again on the subject. And as our man FZ says:

"...and ultimately, who gives a fuck anyway?"


A very fine and well-reasoned critique.

_________________
Let's hear it again for the London Philharmonic Orchestra!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:07 pm
Posts: 5691
Location: Closer than I Appear
FeralCats wrote:
feetlightup wrote:
Everyone in this thread is wearing a uniform, and don't kid yourselves.


Yeah, but my uniform is nicer than everyone else's.


Yes, 'tis that, FeralCats
I like the hat so much I shat.
So said the Cat in the Hat

_________________
Let's hear it again for the London Philharmonic Orchestra!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 315 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group