Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Lakshi's Delite
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 4:25 am 

Hi Folks,<br><br>I am sorry if that was discussed before, but:<br><br>What are the information any of you might have about a synclavier track called Lakh'is Delite... A friend of mine showed it to me, it launches with an accordeon type of sound and it is really gorgeous, but he dosent know the origins of it...<br><br>Anyone heard it?<br><br>ARF and thanks in advance for any info.

Post subject: Re: Lakshi's Delite
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 7:05 am 

maybe you heard this one: it's got accordian on it;<br><br><br><br>[center] Album  : Touch Me There<br> Artist : L. Shankar (Lakshiminaraya Shankar)<br> Date   : 1977 (approx.)<br> AMG ID : R000147257<br><br> [tt]--------- Album Releases ---------<br> CD  Barking Pumpkin  D2-74243<br> Zappa  Srz-1-1602<br> 1979 LP  Zappa  1602<br> CD  Barking Pumpkin  D2-74243[/tt]<br><br>------- Album Personnel/Sidemen -------<br> Vicky Blumenthal - Vocal<br> Jack Emblow - Accordian<br> James Lascelles - Keyboards<br> Jenny Lautrec - Vocal<br> Dave Marquee - Bass<br> Phil Palmer - Guitar<br> Simon Phillips - Drums<br> Lakshmi Shankar - Vocal<br> Frank Zappa - Vocal[/center]<br><br>
Quote:
~~From: robert@sybase.com (Robert Garvey)<br><br>The personnel listing for Shankar's album Touch Me There failed to include Ike Willis who, along with FZ, did the vocals on "Dead Girls of London".<br>

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 9:53 am 

Thanks Mr Slime.oofy.tv.set, at least you elucidated who is Lakshi....<br>The song sure is a Delite,<br><br>ARF...

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 5:46 am 

Folks,<br><br>This is not about Uploads/hostings/etc... <br><br>Does anyone has INFORMATION about that tune<br>i.e: year it was recorded, is it going to be part of a future release? Any special story about it?<br><br>Thanks<br><br>ARF!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 9:34 am 

Well,<br><br>I can tell you Mr Thing-Fish2003, it does exist, I've heard it. As a matter of fact i've heard it again last week chez my friends. It is a 3:00 min (more or less) song, surely played by a syncavier or a sequencer... really cool composition...<br><br>But by the rarety of i nformation on it, maybe it is a very high quality fake...<br><br>ARF

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 12:15 pm 

[quote author=Papagajas link=board=albums;num=1053786303;start=15#20 date=08/03/03 at 14:05:23]<br><br>[center][tt]"...We can't go on toghether, with suspicious minds..."[/tt][/center]<br>[center] ;)[/center]<br>[/quote]<br><br>Thanks for beliving me Papagajas... ;D<br>

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 12:20 pm 

Can't you search in those p2p programs Thing-FIsh2003?<br><br>Have anyone else ever heard that tune???

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 7:46 am 

Oh yeah, really? :o<br><br>I thought that it was thanks to their existance that material such as L.'s Delite and Bognor Regis surfaced so quickly amogst zappa-maniac community word-wide... without you have to pay U$30-40 or whatever in order to purchase a bootleg in the local market (if you can find it, in socially retarded areas)...<br><br>I respect the artist's right to profit on their own creation and work (I buy albums, within my financial range possibilities and I attend shows), but it dosen't change the fact that p2p technology is a ingenious invention that should be completly incorporated (the last word on this sentence is incorporate, wich means to integrate) to every artist's media (latu sensu) in some way or another... ::)<br><br>now, back to the point: Is Lakish's Delite a true Zappa Composition?<br><br> I can't belive no-one else has heard it and nows about its origins!<br><br>Say Thing Fish2003, can't you use your psychic-attributes to unmask this mistery?!<br><br>ARF ;)

Post subject: re: Lakshi's Delite
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 11:21 am 

kazaalite, it's a way of life...no spyware, addware or viruses, never locks up my winXP machine, & it's the only way (other than trading) to get stuff that's not commercially available...as far as i know, it's the only way to see frank's video's; i'd gladly purchase a decent copy of any of them

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 3:06 pm 

When will The Puzzle be solved?<br><br>Lakshi's Delite...  The Mystery File :o

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:44 am 

Ugh..I cant find a shred of info on this.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:51 am 

Unfortunetly, it appears to me that none knows about this track... It is a shame cause I cannot even confirm if it is indeed a Zappa composition (I think so, IMHO).<br><br>ARF

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 4:39 am 

[quote author=Zardoz link=board=albums;num=1053786303;start=15#22 date=01/21/04 at 06:01:18]Try a different spelling possibly "Lakshima's Delight". It's in reference to Hindu and Buddhist religion.  8) Just a thought, seeing it's got this thread perplexed. 8)[/quote]<br><br><br>I think Lakesh is the first name of L. Shankar...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:52 am 

If it Fz, then good luck trying to find info on it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:30 pm 

[quote author=Papagajas link=board=albums;num=1053786303;start=15#24 date=01/21/04 at 11:40:43]<br>[tt]That sound can't come from anyone else but Frank Zappa[/tt]<br>[/quote]<br><br><br>Yes, Indeed I think it is very amazing composition too...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:37 pm 

[quote author=Zardoz link=board=albums;num=1053786303;start=15#22 date=01/21/04 at 06:01:18]Try a different spelling possibly "Lakshima's Delight". It's in reference to Hindu and Buddhist religion.  8) Just a thought, seeing it's got this thread perplexed. 8)[/quote]<br>Mr Zardoz:<br><br>When I have followed your suggestion, look what I've found out!<br><br>"Giver of continual bliss! Possessor of an unblemished form! One who neutralised the curse of the sage! <br><br>Builder of the bridge across the ocean! Object of Indra's worship! Subject of praise by Shiva and others! Established in pure minds of Sadhus!<br><br>Protect me O emerald hued one! You are Lakshmi's delight! Protector of those who seek refuge in you! Possessor of great strength and valour! Object of Shiva's worship! Far removed from the reach of base men! Tyagaraja worships your feet!<br><br>Notes:<br><br>The kriti, is one of the few that Tyagaraja composed in Sanskrit. The sage's curse mentioned in the pallavi is generally believed to refer to Gautama's curse on Ahalya. The line "builder of the bridge across of the ocean" has its literal and philosophical interpretations, namely the bridge to Lanka and also helping mankind cross the ocean of worldliness respectively. Tyagaraja uses the term sankrandana for Indra, which is a rare usage, indicating his knowledge of Sanskrit.<br>"<br>from: http://www.sangeetham.com/tygkritis/niravadhisukha.htm <br><br>seems to be some kind of Indian music site...<br>

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 3:10 pm 

[quote author=Sebastiaan link=board=albums;num=1053786303;start=30#31 date=01/22/04 at 12:10:54]<br><br>I <br>- I think the composition is too easy<br>- the timing isn't FZ  <br>- I doubt if it is a synclavier <br>- the end is very like Bach/baroque, can't be serious. FZ is joking or someone else tries to fool the world.<br>Well, the more I listen to it the more I am convinced. I think it's a nice fake. <br>I wonder if someone has info on this piece. I can't find it either (another reason)... [/quote]<br><br><br>I think you may be right. It might be someone wanting to make us listen to his music, or just a plain fake. Any way, it could be FZ nonethless. There are lots of easy compositions from FZ like for exemple Help me I am a Rock, Promiscuous, many others (of course I couldn't find a synclavier example, but...). They say the synclavier can play any sound, so how can we be sure if it isn't one? Timing, yes maybe not, but maybe...<br><br>Lack of info is, unfortunetly, your strongest evidence...<br><br>

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:38 am 

Big Mystery here, eh!!!<br><br>Wouldn't any one volunteer to ask this to someone inside the UMRK???<br><br>ARF!!!!