Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:45 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Which is your favorite track to listen to off of Record 1?
Prologue 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
The Mammy Nuns 35%  35%  [ 21 ]
Harry & Rhonda 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Galoot Up Date 5%  5%  [ 3 ]
The "Torchum" Never Stops 25%  25%  [ 15 ]
That Evil Prince 12%  12%  [ 7 ]
You Are What You Is 10%  10%  [ 6 ]
None of the above. I hate every fuckin' track on Record 1. 8%  8%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 60
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:05 pm 
Offline
Banned
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:25 pm
Posts: 4071
Location: Silver Spring, Maryland
Again, due to a forum poll limitation (10-option maximum), this album is being split into its original triple-record boxed set.

If you come to view, why not vote, too? 8)

Original Vinyl Box
The triple-vinyl track list


Record 1
1. Prologue
2. The Mammy Nuns
3. Harry & Rhonda
4. Galoot Up Date
flip the record
1. The "Torchum" Never Stops
2. That Evil Prince
3. You Are What You Is

Record 2
1. Mudd Club
2. The Meek Shall Inherit Nothing
3. Clowns On Velvet
4. Harry-As-A-Boy
5. He's So Gay
flip the record
1. The Massive Improve'lence
2. Artificial Rhonda
3. The Crab-Grass Baby
4. The White Boy Troubles

Record 3
1. No Not Now
2. Briefcase Boogie
3. Brown Moses
flip the record
1. Wistful With A Fist-Full
2. Drop Dead
3. Won Ton On

_________________
"If Frank Zappa cut a fart and mixed it to stereo, I'd buy it!" - jimmie d


Last edited by jimmie d killed the forum on Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:29 pm
Posts: 7106
Location: exile
that evil prince

_________________
"bit of nostalgia for the old folks."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:07 pm
Posts: 5691
Location: Closer than I Appear
Galoot Update: cause we all need to know what be happ'nin wit de MAMMY NUNS!

Plus it recycles the music from THE BLUE LIGHT which I love any day of the week.

_________________
Let's hear it again for the London Philharmonic Orchestra!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:47 am
Posts: 477
Prologue is pretty funny,

Though You Are What You Is is great too

_________________
http://rateyourmusic.com/collection/evitageN/oo


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5853
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
The Mammy Nuns


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 10:40 am
Posts: 2543
"...and I's your host, de Thing Fish!"

Prologue it is.

_________________
Download my music here.

Stream my music here.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:24 am
Posts: 1165
Location: Stockholm
The Torchum

_________________
TB -


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 9:34 am
Posts: 221
Location: Sweden
Mammy Nuns

_________________
Hi-ho Silver!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 19169
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
"The Mammy Nuns"
However, the instumental "Mammy Anthem" on YCDTOSA vol1 tops the crop. Heavy Business, man.

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 3695
Location: Vancouver, BC
The Mammy Nuns

_________________
:53 - :57...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 7:29 pm
Posts: 9604
the mammy protruberances

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:57 am
Posts: 2997
Location: Topsham, Maine
That Evil Prince

_________________
Wanna Buy A Grunt With A Third Party Check
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:42 am
Posts: 342
Location: Michigan
The Mammy Nuns.

_________________
Centerville...it's a real nice place to raise yer kids up!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:43 am 
Offline
Banned
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:25 pm
Posts: 4071
Location: Silver Spring, Maryland
BUMP

Image

_________________
"If Frank Zappa cut a fart and mixed it to stereo, I'd buy it!" - jimmie d


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 7:15 pm
Posts: 24
Location: Casper, Wyoming, USA
Mammy Nuns gets my vote!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:03 pm
Posts: 6151
Location: Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
An when de smoke cleahs.... Deh Mammy Nuns
Sister Anne de Devine
Sister Owl Gonkwin Jane Cow-Hoon
Sister Potato-Head Bobby Brown
Sister Jasmine Noxema-Tapioca
Sister Ghenghis-Adonis-Osmosis....... :mrgreen:

_________________
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:03 pm
Posts: 5951
Location: Pouting for you? Punky Meadows, pouting for you?!!
Jesus Jimmie, that pregnant bump gif is 2.9 MB, it's not exactly browser friendly.

_________________
The way I see it Barry, this should be a very dynamite show.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:57 am
Posts: 177
Location: Nowhere,Nowhere
This album has to be viewed as a whole, not tracks. It is all good. Ike is my Elvis. Ike should be playing with ZPZ. "Joe's Garage", on stage, with The Dweez. What a shame that GZ and Ike can't get along. One day it will be too late.

_________________
The Sound of the BuffaloVoice (((((o)))))


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:23 pm
Posts: 1803
I assume that since I love Joe's Garage and You Are What You Is so much that I'll at least really like Thing-Fish. Is that a pretty safe assumption?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:29 pm
Posts: 7106
Location: exile
Jakeobs wrote:
I assume that since I love Joe's Garage and You Are What You Is so much that I'll at least really like Thing-Fish. Is that a pretty safe assumption?


maybe not...

_________________
"bit of nostalgia for the old folks."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:57 am
Posts: 177
Location: Nowhere,Nowhere
Jakeobs wrote:
I assume that since I love Joe's Garage and You Are What You Is so much that I'll at least really like Thing-Fish. Is that a pretty safe assumption?



If you like Zappa, you will like everything he has ever done. I mean that's the whole point. It's all connected. It's all one Brain/Mind. There isn't any album that I don't like, they all have thier own appeal, and at the end of it, the meld into ONE.

_________________
The Sound of the BuffaloVoice (((((o)))))


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:23 pm
Posts: 1803
Dio Fa wrote:
Jakeobs wrote:
I assume that since I love Joe's Garage and You Are What You Is so much that I'll at least really like Thing-Fish. Is that a pretty safe assumption?



If you like Zappa, you will like everything he has ever done. I mean that's the whole point. It's all connected. It's all one Brain/Mind. There isn't any album that I don't like, they all have thier own appeal, and at the end of it, the meld into ONE.

Nicely put. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:47 am
Posts: 477
Dio Fa wrote:
Jakeobs wrote:
I assume that since I love Joe's Garage and You Are What You Is so much that I'll at least really like Thing-Fish. Is that a pretty safe assumption?



If you like Zappa, you will like everything he has ever done. I mean that's the whole point. It's all connected. It's all one Brain/Mind. There isn't any album that I don't like, they all have thier own appeal, and at the end of it, the meld into ONE.


Dude I disagree, it just doesn't work that way for everyone, sorry

_________________
http://rateyourmusic.com/collection/evitageN/oo


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:23 pm
Posts: 1803
Interesting (but darn good) album.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:23 pm
Posts: 1803
What musicians played on Thing-Fish?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group