Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: YCDTOSA sampler CD
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 15000
"I have the cassette" he said, adding nothing.

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: YCDTOSA sampler CD
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:40 pm
Posts: 6937
Location: South wales
The lp vol 2 never came out on Zappa 9 label,only barking pumpkin records :wink:

_________________
Arf you out of your fucking mind.Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: YCDTOSA sampler CD
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2002 2:04 am
Posts: 1891
Location: Amsterdam
The sampler cassette is for sale on this very website:

Frank Zappa You Can't Do That On Stage Anymore Sampler Cassette

Item #: ZPCS21

$6.00

Image

http://barfkoswill.shop.musictoday.com/ ... &pc=ZPCS21

_________________
WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO ALL THE FUN IN THE WORLD?
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: YCDTOSA sampler CD
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:07 am
Posts: 1368
Location: Paris, France
Sorry guys, but you are neither helping nor in topic.
I am looking for the mythical CD as I already own the LP.

cleon wrote:
CD? (Zappa Records CDZAP 7, June 1988) (NOTE: We're now almost 100% positive this was never actually released)

This Zappa Patio quote has already been dealt with earlier in this thread.

cleon wrote:
And in TGRD buy Martin d Strong
APRIL 88 d-lp(Zappa 7)
jan 90 d-cd(Zap 7)

Okay, do you suggest that Martin Strong could provide a picture of this CD as a proof of existence?
Or could this be the source of an error which was propagated everywhere else?

calvin2hikers wrote:
"I have the cassette" he said, adding nothing.

Nobody wrote "I have the cassette" in this thread. CaptZappa wrote "I bought one" as an answer to "the sampler WAS, indeed issued on compact disc.". So he had to talk about a CD, right?

unica wrote:
The sampler cassette is for sale on this very website:

Well thank you, but the very question of this thread is: Does the CD exist?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: YCDTOSA sampler CD
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2002 2:04 am
Posts: 1891
Location: Amsterdam
Maroual wrote:

unica wrote:
The sampler cassette is for sale on this very website:

Well thank you, but the very question of this thread is: Does the CD exist?


Searching since: 01 Feb 2006 and haven't found it yet? My guess is it doesn't exist :roll:

_________________
WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO ALL THE FUN IN THE WORLD?
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: YCDTOSA sampler CD
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:40 pm
Posts: 6937
Location: South wales
Maroual
What you trying too say Can speak our mind's but not on your time.

I say Martin Strong Because the Guy is a good source for info,And some guy said they bought in 89 In MS book 90,Only trying to help.
I with Unica on this if,Capt don,t come up with a pic leave it there.

_________________
Arf you out of your fucking mind.Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: YCDTOSA sampler CD
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:28 am
Posts: 294
Sorry for the bump, but i just noticed that the Torture Solo is longer on the sampler. I immediately noticed these extra passages. Can see why Frank edited them out though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: YCDTOSA sampler CD
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2002 6:48 am
Posts: 6265
Location: Your Mom's Box
Gwonam wrote:
Sorry for the bump, but i just noticed that the Torture Solo is longer on the sampler. I immediately noticed these extra passages. Can see why Frank edited them out though.


On the LP or the cassette?

I have both but never played the cassette

_________________
Make your checks payable to QUENTIN ROBERT DeNAMELAND, Greatest Living Philostopher Known to Mankind.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: YCDTOSA sampler CD
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2002 6:48 am
Posts: 6265
Location: Your Mom's Box
oh and there was never a CD pressing of the sampler. if there was i'd own it!!

_________________
Make your checks payable to QUENTIN ROBERT DeNAMELAND, Greatest Living Philostopher Known to Mankind.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: YCDTOSA sampler CD
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:55 am
Posts: 1233
jaypfunk wrote:
Gwonam wrote:
Sorry for the bump, but i just noticed that the Torture Solo is longer on the sampler. I immediately noticed these extra passages. Can see why Frank edited them out though.


On the LP or the cassette?

I have both but never played the cassette


Just checked the sampler LP. Torture is the same length there as on the YCDTOSA 1 CD.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: YCDTOSA sampler CD
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:40 pm
Posts: 6937
Location: South wales
pbuzby wrote:
jaypfunk wrote:
Gwonam wrote:
Sorry for the bump, but i just noticed that the Torture Solo is longer on the sampler. I immediately noticed these extra passages. Can see why Frank edited them out though.


On the LP or the cassette?

I have both but never played the cassette


Just checked the sampler LP. Torture is the same length there as on the YCDTOSA 1 CD.

I ain't got the sampler no more I give it away when I had Vol 1 years ago.on the oink site got it 3 seconds longer on the sampler,take that I have seen LP always when same length track show up either same time on booklets or longer for LP buy seconds.
That's when I think I'm in the kitchen cooking bacon.why longer when all the static noise on LP?

_________________
Arf you out of your fucking mind.Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: YCDTOSA sampler CD
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:15 am
Posts: 1321
Location: Croatia, Europe
This summer in Madrid I saw ycdtosa sampler LP! the price was 18 € and it was 2nd hand vinyl, but in a good condition... Didn't buy it :mrgreen:

Mistake, I know :cry:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: YCDTOSA sampler CD
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:40 pm
Posts: 6937
Location: South wales
Second hand good condition on vinyl means it's crap. :wink:

_________________
Arf you out of your fucking mind.Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: YCDTOSA sampler CD
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:55 am
Posts: 1233
cleon wrote:
I ain't got the sampler no more I give it away when I had Vol 1 years ago.on the oink site got it 3 seconds longer on the sampler


The sampler LP has a few seconds of "Fine Girl" (the track after "Torture" on YCDTOSA 1) after "Torture" with a fadeout.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: YCDTOSA sampler CD
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:40 pm
Posts: 6937
Location: South wales
pbuzby wrote:
cleon wrote:
I ain't got the sampler no more I give it away when I had Vol 1 years ago.on the oink site got it 3 seconds longer on the sampler


The sampler LP has a few seconds of "Fine Girl" (the track after "Torture" on YCDTOSA 1) after "Torture" with a fadeout.

So what that is why I ain't got it no more :mrgreen:

_________________
Arf you out of your fucking mind.Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: YCDTOSA sampler CD
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:07 am
Posts: 1368
Location: Paris, France
jaypfunk wrote:
oh and there was never a CD pressing of the sampler. if there was i'd own it!!
Thanks for being on topic.
Yep, I am pretty sure we would both own it :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: YCDTOSA sampler CD
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:41 pm
Posts: 13740
Location: Billy, the mountain...
I have a mint condition LP of that...

_________________
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true Art and Science. - Albert Einstein

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: YCDTOSA sampler CD
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:40 pm
Posts: 6937
Location: South wales
cleon wrote:
The lp vol 2 never came out on Zappa 9 label,only barking pumpkin records :wink:

Correct 8)

_________________
Arf you out of your fucking mind.Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: YCDTOSA sampler CD
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 18913
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
cleon wrote:
cleon wrote:
The lp vol 2 never came out on Zappa 9 label,only barking pumpkin records :wink:

Correct 8)

Ah! So then the one at Discogs.com must be a forgery. Glad I didn't buy it!

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 7:29 pm
Posts: 9594
Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 15000
slime.oofytv.set wrote:
Image


Eight track? Looks like a Nintendo game.

"Help Frank get to the concert and do things that you can't do!"

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:07 am
Posts: 1368
Location: Paris, France
slime.oofytv.set wrote:
Image
Beautiful :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GreenHocher and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group