Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 6:26 pm 

These are why jails were invented.  Well, one of the reasons.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 3:11 am 

They may well be fakes, but in many European markets m they do reissues that way. Because of reduced royalties on international sales, it is more feasible to issue 2 for 1's and , thus, it is often done

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 4:32 am 

Never seen none of the above ;D, but I saw BURNT WEENIE and WEASELS combined to one double LP set, back in the vinyl era. The front cover was a midwest highway and a pistol spraying some toothpaste across the sky, saying: Two Originals by the Mothers of Invention. - At least they were...<br><br>But the first one above, the choice of ONE SIZE and WAZOO - interesting... how about CHUNGA and MAN FROM UTOPIA?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 6:17 am 

I've got a copy of "Apostrophe & "Overnite Senstation" on one Ryko CD ("official" FZ release). I believe they've done others too ??

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 7:59 pm 

Even stranger than sme of Fz music is the combinations found on these twofer's.Geez

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 12:39 am 

[quote author=SonOfWillieThePimp link=board=albums;num=1049586568;start=0#11 date=04/12/03 at 17:36:56]<br>Yeah, there are other twofers:<br>Ship Arriving Too Late... / Man From Utopia (without the bonustracks) & Were Only In It For The Money (80's remix)/ Lumpy Gravy.<br>Better stick with the 1995 Ryko remasters! [/quote]<br><br>I was under the impression that the Ship Arriving Too Late.../Man From Utopia twofer was an EMI CD release, prior to the Ryko re-issues. That certainly was a coupling in Australia during the 80s, and the Ryko issues of Man from Utopia and Ship... didn't come about until the 90s.<br><br>On cassette, Tinseltown Rebellion was coupled with Ship... by EMI Australia towards the end of the 80s, but with the Jazz From Hell cover, and it came in a big, single case that fit two cassettes in it. The way they'd done it, 'No Not Now' came at the end of Tinseltown as the last track on side two for the first tape; for years I thought 'No Not Now' was how the album ended, and that Ship... began with track two.<br><br>Finally, FZ Meets the Mothers of Prevention was coupled with Jazz From Hell on the one CD by EMI Australia.

--

http://standanddeliver.blogs.com
http://www.radiohaha.com.au