Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:36 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 452 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 19  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:43 pm 

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:47 pm 

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:48 pm 
Banned

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU, YOU DOUCHEBAG?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:48 pm 

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:50 pm 

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:51 pm 
Banned

If I send you my address, will you send me some of whatever drugs you are taking. It might help make sense out of your gibberish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:52 pm 

Occam's razor (sometimes spelled Ockham's razor) is a principle attributed to the 14th-century English logician and Franciscan friar William of Ockham. The principle states that the explanation of any phenomenon should make as few assumptions as possible, eliminating those that make no difference in the observable predictions of the explanatory hypothesis or theory. The principle is often expressed in Latin as the lex parsimoniae ("law of parsimony" or "law of succinctness"): "entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem", roughly translated as "entities must not be multiplied beyond necessity".

This is often paraphrased as "All other things being equal, the simplest solution is the best." In other words, when multiple competing theories are equal in other respects, the principle recommends selecting the theory that introduces the fewest assumptions and postulates the fewest entities. It is in this sense that Occam's razor is usually understood.

Originally a tenet of the reductionist philosophy of nominalism, it is more often taken today as a heuristic maxim (rule of thumb) that advises economy, parsimony, or simplicity, often or especially in scientific theories.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam%27s_razor

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Last edited by Trendmonger on Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:53 pm 
Banned

"ike willis as a special guest performed with project object for a number of dates during the second week of december and the court tavern show did showcase joe's garage in it's entirety.that's right you heard right the entire joe's garage. it was videotaped but the event spiritualy was much deeper than what can be reproduced on videotape.
for documentation the video/audio reference shoud be a great find but i'll reiterate more on the spirituality along with some brief critisism .
as far as performance goes project object did a splendid job with joe's garage. they truly brought to life much of what we know this epic to be. musically they pull this stuff of pretty darn good and ike willis's guitar solos are truly performed with many of the same techniques that fz used. ike's guitar work has truthfully come a long way since his tenure with fz. a very long way. the only other guitarists i have seen produce that much of the signature fz guitar style in a solo was mike keneally and warren cuccurullo..... project object even went as far as to get a girl with a nice set of jugs(my guess is 38d's) to play the part of mary. mary was dressed in very tight black spandexish clothing which showed her features in a way that probably produced quite a few hardons. very nice in the juggs indeed and she did shake it around a little. but the central scrutinizer could only be performed by frank and the attemp that was made was least appealing to me. let the same be said for watermellon in easter hay solo.
for me no matter how good any cover ensemble could musically attempt to recreate joe's garage there are certain elements of that project that can not and will never be reproduced.
spiritually there were things that were going on that was beyond the performance. it really seemed as if we were in a basement in canarsie and as the songs were played i could envision how and why much of what exists in joe's garage came to be. the show was dedicated to jerry cuccurullo who passed away on 12/5 and as jay cuccurullo performed unanounced i could feel a new meaning in joe's garage. for me this meaning came to be in the celebration of the life of jerry cuccurullo." - Trendmangler, 1997

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:55 pm 
Banned

Trendmonger attacks KUR. Gary, you were an asshole on zappa.com, you are one here too. Comparing the ZPZ drummer to anyone else is worthless, because you would rate anyone on the planet earth lower than ZPZ. Not just drummer, but anyone on any instrument. You are one of the worst homers on the entire planet Earth. You are a cancer, you infect everything you touch. It’s called a virus in some cases, it consumes all it touches and moves on to consume more. And worse, the comparison you decide to use is, of course, Project Object’s drummer Eric Slick. Compare a man with more years of drumming than the other has been alive. Compare a drummer who has been paid big bucks to learn what he is told versus a kid who is doing it for the love of the music. You are a worthless shithead. Take your totally worthless comments and closet them, for no one cares what you think anymore. I heard the Rockline segment. I thought it was just ok. They are not, play the recordings exact perfect. They improvise and stray just like all the rest. Frank is dead dude, and so are your comments. By the way, its coffee you stupid fuck. When are you ever going to learn how to spell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:57 pm 

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:58 pm 

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Post subject:

PenguinInBondage wrote:
BillyDaMt wrote:
I would love one (if not all) of the OZ '73 tour shows released officially.

Agreed! As I was saying in the "FZ Shows" section, 6/24/73 is my absolute favorite show to-date! (35th anniv. coming up in just a few days...) I would shell out BIG CASH for the vault's materials from that OZ tour!

Every show I've heard from that tour, even the ones with bad sound, just give me chills.
I would love to hear them after they were baked a bit in UMRK's oven.

Post subject:
Banned

http://gary.titone.justgotowned.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:59 pm 

gz wrote:
punknaynowned wrote:
For instance, if FZ had pieces copied and put onto build reels and then the show masters came up missing. Conjecture only, I don't know. I did email Joe to see if he knows if there's any more tape from these shows . . .

Clue number 1: Build reels do not necessarily contain 'copies' of anything. They just might be a one shot deal. As in, we may never find the source, the source may have things missing which we may never find, et cetera ad infinitem. We are dealing with the material world - boxes - not the systems of storage inside the memory of FZ. That map is gone forever. I am not going to apologize for what people think is missing. As riddles go, the ONLY thing missing is the man himself. His WORD remains, whether it is in whispers or at 11 on the amp or in a language unintelligible at this time to some. What we have to offer you is EX Amples.

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:13 pm 

Help, I'm a Rock wrote:

heh heh heh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:17 pm 

Trendmonger wrote:
gz wrote:
punknaynowned wrote:
For instance, if FZ had pieces copied and put onto build reels and then the show masters came up missing. Conjecture only, I don't know. I did email Joe to see if he knows if there's any more tape from these shows . . .

Clue number 1: Build reels do not necessarily contain 'copies' of anything. They just might be a one shot deal. As in, we may never find the source, the source may have things missing which we may never find, et cetera ad infinitem. We are dealing with the material world - boxes - not the systems of storage inside the memory of FZ. That map is gone forever. I am not going to apologize for what people think is missing. As riddles go, the ONLY thing missing is the man himself. His WORD remains, whether it is in whispers or at 11 on the amp or in a language unintelligible at this time to some. What we have to offer you is EX Amples.

re·dun·dan·cy Audio Help /rɪˈdʌndənsi/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ri-duhn-duhn-see] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun, plural -cies.
1. the state of being redundant.
2. superfluous repetition or overlapping, esp. of words.
3. a redundant thing, part, or amount; superfluity.
4. the provision of additional or duplicate systems, equipment, etc., that function in case an operating part or system fails, as in a spacecraft.
5. Linguistics. a. the inclusion of more information than is necessary for communication, as in those cars, where both words are marked for plurality.
b. the additional, predictable information so included.
c. the degree of predictability thereby created.
6. Gary Titone quoting something that could easily be read by all, the first time around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:41 pm 

BillyDaMt wrote:
Every show I've heard from that tour, even the ones with bad sound, just give me chills.

Absolutely - I feel the same way! Buffalo was nice - but man, if we got the majority of a live show from the '73 tour - I'd have my proverbial heaven right here on Earth. :wink:

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:43 pm 

Help, I'm a Rock wrote:

<applause>

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:51 pm 

Gary, Gail actually posted something worthwhile on this thread. Whatever else anyone may think about ZFT, myself included, I'm really glad she has been as "vocal" on these boards lately.

That said, you are fucking up a legitmate thread, including, again, some real feedback from Gail. Please stop. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:57 pm 
Banned

He thinks if he keeps up his pimpin', he'll get Gail to invite him over for dinner. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:26 pm 

PenguinInBondage wrote:
BillyDaMt wrote:

Absolutely - I feel the same way! Buffalo was nice - but man, if we got the majority of a live show from the '73 tour - I'd have my proverbial heaven right here on Earth. :wink:

Here's to hoping we get a complete 73 show from the vault in the near future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:27 pm 

Help, I'm a Rock wrote:
He thinks if he keeps up his pimpin', he'll get Gail to invite him over for dinner. :wink:

If she ever does, I'd be willing to bet it would only be to cook for her, and whomever else might be milling about the house.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:58 pm 

doc ronald wrote:
...It's got MAJOR guitar playing by Frank in his prime...

[drool]glad to hear that, wasn't obvious in bcg's review [/drool]

officer dick bupkis huh ........... bummer aroma

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:04 pm 

slime.oofytv.set wrote:

Just one image, Slime? Don't you know - you're supposed to post several images in several posts and at full resolution! Get with the program! :wink: :mrgreen:

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:08 pm 

PenguinInBondage wrote:
slime.oofytv.set wrote:

Just one image, Slime? Don't you know - you're supposed to post several images in several posts and at full resolution! Get with the program! :wink: :mrgreen:

Yeah, weak effort man.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 452 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 19  Next