Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu May 28, 2015 10:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Mudshark Live
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 11:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:29 am
Posts: 43
I was browsing Best Buys website since I have a $25 gift card and came across this FZ album that is to be released 6/23/15: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/mudshark-li ... d=28431459

Doesn't have any details though...


Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 119.68 KiB | Viewed 366 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mudshark Live
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 11:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:57 pm
Posts: 222
Another bootleg, from the same label that did the Wollman Rink/Central Park 1968 release. This one is the in-studio acoustic jam from CKGM Montreal, July 1971.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mudshark Live
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 5:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:22 am
Posts: 1187
It's been around for a while on vinyl



Label: KEYHOLE

Release date: 15/05/2015

Barcode: 5291012904928

Catalog no.: KHCD0009049

Item ID: 416917

Invigorated by having shaken up the personnel of the Mothers, in 1971 Frank Zappa was enjoying himself more than ever. Having played a gig earlier in the evening, the band taped this largely acoustic set for broadcast on the local CKGM-FM radio station. It finds Zappa backed by ex-Turtles Mark Volman and Howard Kaylan (a.k.a. the Phlorescent Leech & Eddie), as well as Jim Pons, Ian Underwood, Bob Harris and Aynsley Dunbar, and is presented here complete with background notes and images.
TRACKS:
01. Daddy's Home
02. The Polka / Drum Solo
03. Mudshark
04. Magdalena
05. Station ID By Frank
06. Jam (Including Pirate Jenny / Nikki Hoi)
07. Daddy Daddy Daddy
08. She Painted Up Her Face
09. Band Intro By Mark Volman
10. Oh Baby Don't Drop It
11. Happy Together / Penis Dimension
12. Outro By Frank / Polka Reprise
13. CHOM

_________________
http://www.ssimfg.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mudshark Live
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 7:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:25 pm
Posts: 48
Location: Oregon
Image

This appears to be the cover of the 2015 release, in case anyone is interested.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mudshark Live
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 8:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 20306
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
Zapparears posts the quality as...

Frank Zappa
1971 July 05
Montreal Quebec CA CHOM Radio (CKGM-FM)

Source: B+

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Last edited by just plain doug on Mon May 25, 2015 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mudshark Live
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 12:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:42 pm
Posts: 1090
Location: The Short Forest
Interesting. Will keep an eye on this one and likely get it eventually. I know we're not supposed to support these releases, but if they're decent sounding, I'll grab them on CD. Maybe if the ZFT didn't slack so much on vault releases, I wouldn't bother.
Just ordered the Wollman Rink '68 set from Wayside Music for $10.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mudshark Live
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 8:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:04 pm
Posts: 273
Location: Washington DC
Fred_Zappelin wrote:
Interesting. Will keep an eye on this one and likely get it eventually. I know we're not supposed to support these releases, but if they're decent sounding, I'll grab them on CD. Maybe if the ZFT didn't slack so much on vault releases, I wouldn't bother.
Just ordered the Wollman Rink '68 set from Wayside Music for $10.


Hey folks, don't be a jerk like Fred here by supporting the bootleggers. This material is available on Zappateers and likely lifted directly from there. No seeders at the moment but if you start leeching someone will start seeding.
http://www.zappateers.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=6604


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mudshark Live
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 4:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:42 pm
Posts: 1090
Location: The Short Forest
vivalapsych wrote:
Fred_Zappelin wrote:
Interesting. Will keep an eye on this one and likely get it eventually. I know we're not supposed to support these releases, but if they're decent sounding, I'll grab them on CD. Maybe if the ZFT didn't slack so much on vault releases, I wouldn't bother.
Just ordered the Wollman Rink '68 set from Wayside Music for $10.


Hey folks, don't be a jerk like Fred here by supporting the bootleggers. This material is available on Zappateers and likely lifted directly from there. No seeders at the moment but if you start leeching someone will start seeding.
http://www.zappateers.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=6604


Hey Dil-Hole, I probably support the ZFT in more ways than you ever will. So eat chain. :P If I want to throw ten bucks down for a shady CD that's commercially available at a place I already shop at, I motherfucking will, cuz I don't bother with downloading shit. Yes, I'm still in the 20th century. :lol:
Maybe Gail should get the lawyers on it & stop these Keyhole releases, and just put out the stuff themselves, instead of pursuing various alumni-led cover bands. Or has she gave up on that yet? Seems like these could be pretty easy to shut down.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mudshark Live
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 2:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:04 pm
Posts: 273
Location: Washington DC
Fred_Zappelin wrote:
vivalapsych wrote:
Fred_Zappelin wrote:
Interesting. Will keep an eye on this one and likely get it eventually. I know we're not supposed to support these releases, but if they're decent sounding, I'll grab them on CD. Maybe if the ZFT didn't slack so much on vault releases, I wouldn't bother.
Just ordered the Wollman Rink '68 set from Wayside Music for $10.


Hey folks, don't be a jerk like Fred here by supporting the bootleggers. This material is available on Zappateers and likely lifted directly from there. No seeders at the moment but if you start leeching someone will start seeding.
http://www.zappateers.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=6604


Hey Dil-Hole, I probably support the ZFT in more ways than you ever will. So eat chain. :P If I want to throw ten bucks down for a shady CD that's commercially available at a place I already shop at, I motherfucking will, cuz I don't bother with downloading shit. Yes, I'm still in the 20th century. :lol:
Maybe Gail should get the lawyers on it & stop these Keyhole releases, and just put out the stuff themselves, instead of pursuing various alumni-led cover bands. Or has she gave up on that yet? Seems like these could be pretty easy to shut down.


Awww Fred..you're a good guy, but there's no getting around it; buying these boots is a jerky thing to do.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group