Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:40 am
Posts: 3493
Location: The Blue Light
tweezers wrote:
sabrinaIII wrote:
Soracha wrote:
Fighting with Jaypfunk & Trendmonger


...is like pissing in the wind?


Sabrina, we mised ya. Ain't this a great thread? Where else will it go?



One never knows on the Z Forum. Hey, I been here, I've just been quiet!


Image

_________________
Country music + Black music = Rock and Roll


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:53 am
Posts: 2196
Location: Hamilton, NJ
Actually, i have been quiet too over the last few days,.,.,.too involved in work, I guess (but listening to LM often)

_________________
If we're dumb . . .
Then God is dumb . . .
(An' maybe even a little bit ugly on the side)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:26 pm
Posts: 22
Location: Ontario, Canada
I heard from a good source that there will be a 30th Ann. Edition of Joe's Garage this fall. :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:55 am
Posts: 405
Location: Sweden
dcscott wrote:
I heard from a good source that there will be a 30th Ann. Edition of Joe's Garage this fall. :D


oooh! If that means original solos, like occam's razor, this might be a treat. :)

Maybe early versions of the different songs too, like the a cappella "dong work"

_________________
"Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:44 pm
Posts: 1466
Location: An air base in Central Europe
Hotcha! Would be a great idea to intermit the 40th plethora for a 'younger' classic! :lol: Although I fear this means Spring 2010, at the earliest ('Oh my god, we do need some cover artwork... :P


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:55 am
Posts: 405
Location: Sweden
buffalo_voice wrote:
Hotcha! Would be a great idea to intermit the 40th plethora for a 'younger' classic! :lol: Although I fear this means Spring 2010, at the earliest ('Oh my god, we do need some cover artwork... :P


Go for it!

_________________
"Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:25 am
Posts: 68
Location: Laurel, MD
Trendmonger wrote:
gz wrote:
jaypfunk wrote:
Fuck all them writers with the pen in their hand

Thanks. Music is the Best! - fz. And Gary you remind me so much of msnbc and Fox News and the like. No one has a chance to consider anything that is reported without a whole bunch of immediate clutterance. You bury everything I post. It is my Forum too. I do want to be clear about mine (and FZ's) intentions regarding FZ's music being played. That is the topic.

gz

While some forum members at times have compartmentalized some common incomprehensive
GZ and Trendmongerian language as some common entity may I take this opportunity
to note that your intentions are not only clear but my Moses Walking cane is one
that is not only as many of a fanatic intent tripping others
but at this very moment sitting and spinning and rotting in apologetic array.

Sometimes a little outside/inside opinion does wonders
but FOX and MSNBC wow that bad, phew I need to rest on this.

In simple terms sorry to bury your commentary.
I always thought your words were looked as diamonds
in the rough that maybe took people a little space and time to get the full effect.
Always thought it was fun but you are being clear and to the point of this dialog.
My sincerest appologies and your topic deserves it's own space seperated from a
game topic gone bad , as you said .

"It is my Forum too.
I do want to be clear about mine (and FZ's) intentions regarding FZ's music being played.
That is the topic.'



Peace and good will towards FZs work
and your fine job of preservation in all matters.


Wow ... did I hear an incredibly immense SUCKING SOUND??? A Black Hole, maybe??
Good GRIEF, Clutter-monger, it's like you didn't read a word she wrote. When will you get the hint that 9/10's of what you are writing is absolute drivel? Even in your response to Gail -- It's a bore. Stop, already, and just get to the point. And then STFU.

And stop sucking up to GZ ... have you no respect for yourself?? It's really unattractive.

Good GOD, man, what a borefest. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ (pardon the pun).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:45 am
Posts: 9489
Location: EINDHOVEN
Yes JerseyJoker, that's why I suggested a joke contest. Make a riddle, of Q & A type, the subject is TM and GZ, and the answer must be: "Because he (TM) doesn't get the point!"

_________________
Image
Join the PackardGoose forum! Send me a PM!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:25 am
Posts: 68
Location: Laurel, MD
BBP wrote:
Yes JerseyJoker, that's why I suggested a joke contest. Make a riddle, of Q & A type, the subject is TM and GZ, and the answer must be: "Because he (TM) doesn't get the point!"


Yeah, BBP, and it's a fine idea -- damned if I could think of anything, though ....

I DO know this: A Peccary is a little pig ...

I think JustPlainDoug nailed it about Trendmonger with this comment:
"He loves to play the "I know something you don't know, but can't tell you...nyah-nyah-nyah" game." That's a good example of what is blisteringly abhorrent about TM. That "I'm SO above everyone else in here" attitude. And it's so old. What a repugnant sap.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:44 pm
Posts: 1466
Location: An air base in Central Europe
Galoot Co-Log-Nuh wrote:
Image

My favorite. Would love to see it released with this title
But what does the subtitle at the bottom of the page say? -- JESUS? A hidden religious-fanatic propaganda program? -- Oh no, not them again


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2002 3:29 am
Posts: 5040
JerseyJoker wrote:
BBP wrote:
Yes JerseyJoker, that's why I suggested a joke contest. Make a riddle, of Q & A type, the subject is TM and GZ, and the answer must be: "Because he (TM) doesn't get the point!"


Yeah, BBP, and it's a fine idea -- damned if I could think of anything, though ....

I DO know this: A Peccary is a little pig ...

I think JustPlainDoug nailed it about Trendmonger with this comment:

"He loves to play the "I know something you don't know, but can't tell you...nyah-nyah-nyah" game."
That's a good example of what is blisteringly abhorrent about TM.
That "I'm SO above everyone else in here" attitude. And it's so old. What a repugnant sap.


Just opened the Forum door for a moment and I feel justified to
add to the above drool.

May I preclude this with I do not use drugs.
Anyone stating I use drugs is a fucking asshole.
I smoked pot when I was about 14 but last time I checked my watch
I stopped that behavior over 30 years ago.
Do what's good for you but drugs have never been my bag.

1) Play all the games you like. For the good of the forum try and keep things on topic
placing the forum games appropriately.
If you or anyone enjoys whatever go for it. Think and do as suits you.
Ask Gail all the questions you want about anything but at this point I just have little to no positive
energy towards fans bashing Trendmonger because of anything I ever wrote here or anything they think
I understand but do not share with others for whatever undisclosed reasoning.

Gail has the freedom to state anything she likes. Most do welcome her commentary but on occasion
the negative fanatical drivel towards the ZFT, with these fans enacting protests as is happening now in Paris are so repulsive.
In France.... I'll tell ya you you will never see me participating in any boycotts
regardless if GZ has opposed anything I ever stated.

All of GZs commentary is all fine and well but at this point I am more geared towards enacting my freedom to
leave everyone up to their own and shut the forum door. I have been browsing and I just occasionally notice
people looking for a loud abrasive argument with me. My shutting the door is more to do with my lack of taste
for Forum Bashing, misappropriation of intent and just letting the forum breathe on it's own without my commentary
adding to existing troubles. I guess FRIENDS and FOE is not the blanket solution.

2) Gregory Peccary is more suited for Frank Zappa's intent but
if one needs to place the shiny pig hooves on my desk so be it.

3) This so called "nyah-nyah-nyah"
Be it that I have listened and expressed my appreciation of Zappa music
since 1967 does not isolate me in the emulation of nyah-nyah-nyah.
There are far more Zappa fans that collect thousands of AUDs
whereby the contents of such could be what a given portion of
fans who crave new information any way they can get it.
If for some reason I have in the past, present of future shared or withheld
any portion of data, the reasoning of which has more to do with
respect for given issues and not some glorification of the inner feelings
of nyah-nyah-nyah. Fuck it people, out of respect for others some things just are not part of
my discussion. Look at the collection of data I have posted, far more is about
issues than waving a nyah-nyah-nyah.

If I was so above everyone in here I would not even have participated
as long as I have putting up with all the bull shit.
If for some reason anyone does not appreciate my life experiences
well that is just how they are going to feel about it regardless if I share
my life experiences or not. One thing for sure be it if anyone appreciates my input or not,
I choose to participate or not.

Yeah I can see
"I'm So above everyone else in here"
Forum Door Closed

_________________
Trendmonger's Moment Of Clarity

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:25 am
Posts: 68
Location: Laurel, MD
Trendmonger wrote:
JerseyJoker wrote:
BBP wrote:
Yes JerseyJoker, that's why I suggested a joke contest. Make a riddle, of Q & A type, the subject is TM and GZ, and the answer must be: "Because he (TM) doesn't get the point!"


Yeah, BBP, and it's a fine idea -- damned if I could think of anything, though ....

I DO know this: A Peccary is a little pig ...

I think JustPlainDoug nailed it about Trendmonger with this comment:

"He loves to play the "I know something you don't know, but can't tell you...nyah-nyah-nyah" game."
That's a good example of what is blisteringly abhorrent about TM.
That "I'm SO above everyone else in here" attitude. And it's so old. What a repugnant sap.


Just opened the Forum door for a moment and I feel justified to
add to the above drool.

May I preclude this with I do not use drugs.
Anyone stating I use drugs is a fucking asshole.
I smoked pot when I was about 14 but last time I checked my watch
I stopped that behavior over 30 years ago.
Do what's good for you but drugs have never been my bag.

1) Play all the games you like. For the good of the forum try and keep things on topic
placing the forum games appropriately.
If you or anyone enjoys whatever go for it. Think and do as suits you.
Ask Gail all the questions you want about anything but at this point I just have little to no positive
energy towards fans bashing Trendmonger because of anything I ever wrote here or anything they think
I understand but do not share with others for whatever undisclosed reasoning.

Gail has the freedom to state anything she likes. Most do welcome her commentary but on occasion
the negative fanatical drivel towards the ZFT, with these fans enacting protests as is happening now in Paris are so repulsive.
In France.... I'll tell ya you you will never see me participating in any boycotts
regardless if GZ has opposed anything I ever stated.

All of GZs commentary is all fine and well but at this point I am more geared towards enacting my freedom to
leave everyone up to their own and shut the forum door. I have been browsing and I just occasionally notice
people looking for an argument. My shutting the door is more to do with my lack of taste
for Forum Bashing, misappropriation of intent and just letting the forum breathe on it's own without my commentary
adding to existing troubles. I guess FRIENDS and FOE is no the blanket solution.

2) Gregory Peccary is more suited for Frank Zappa's intent but
if one needs to place the shiny pig hooves on my desk so be it.

3) This so called "nyah-nyah-nyah"
Be it that I have listened and expressed my appreciation of Zappa music
since 1967 does not isolate me in the emulation of nyah-nyah-nyah.
There are far more Zappa fans that collect thousands of AUDs
whereby the contents of such could be what a given portion of
fans who crave new information any way they can get it.
If for some reason I have in the past, present of future share or withhold
any portion of data the reasoning of which has more to do with
respect for given issues and not some glorification of the inner feelings
of nyah-nyah-nyah.

If I was so above everyone in here I would not even participate.

IF for some reason anyone does not appreciate my life experiences
well that is just how they are going to feel about it regardless if I share
my life experiences or not. One thing for sure be it if anyone appreciates my input or not,
I choose to participate or not.

Yeah I can see
"I'm So above everyone else in here"
Forum Door Closed


Dude ... it's SO IRONIC that you always sign your posts, "Trendmonger's Moment Of Clarity".

It's the same thing everytime. It's a big pile of words, and it's a borefest. You STILL have this incredible inability to GET TO THE POINT. I thought Gail's term "Clutterance" was perfect.

You know, I might be one of the few people in here who thinks you actually have something to contribute once in a while. I don't come in here a lot, but sometimes I think you actually have something to say. But you always seem to muck it up with a lot of "clutterance".

It's too bad -- I suspect you're not stupid. And I don't even CARE if you do drugs (I suspect no one else does, either). But you just OVER ENUNCIATE or something.

Maybe you should start with a rough draft, and then pare away all the riff raff. Then you might be left with a few lines you could post, that might make sense, and not make people sleepy. That's all.

And by the way, I don't buy for one minute that "If I was so above everyone in here I would not even participate." That's bull. You LOVE acting the intellectual -- you think posting all that blather you spew makes you look like some kind of Copernicus, or some Nobel Prize winner. It doesn't -- you're very inarticulate, and -- again -- you make people sleepy.

Not looking for an argument, it's just an observation. And I might not even be right ... but I think I am.

Peace.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:44 pm
Posts: 1466
Location: An air base in Central Europe
Maybe one day someone will construct an oratorio from Trendyposts such as this. They call it junk sculpture :P


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:25 am
Posts: 68
Location: Laurel, MD
buffalo_voice wrote:
Maybe one day someone will construct an oratorio from Trendyposts such as this. They call it junk sculpture :P


Yeah, people will look at it and instantly fall asleep.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:58 pm
Posts: 411
Location: along the border line
Would people kindly refrain from quoting Trendy's inane posts in full, for the benifit of the people who have him set to "ignore."

Thanks.

_________________
Image

"Ya like horses?"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:16 am
Posts: 2459
pygmy stallion wrote:
Would people kindly refrain from quoting Trendy's inane posts in full, for the benifit of the people who have him set to "ignore."

Thanks.


Good point. It makes the page so long too.

Trendmonger wrote:
Do what's good for you but drugs have never been my bag.

You sound like Austin Powers here.

After the first paragraph I lost interest, as is always the case :roll:

_________________
"drums are too noisy, 'n you've got no corners to hide in"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:25 am
Posts: 68
Location: Laurel, MD
thenoisydrum wrote:
pygmy stallion wrote:
Would people kindly refrain from quoting Trendy's inane posts in full, for the benifit of the people who have him set to "ignore."

Thanks.


Good point. It makes the page so long too.


Duly noted.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:08 am
Posts: 1026
Location: The place where they keep the imaginary diseases
Has anyone heard any more news relating to the release or the name of the 4tieth RUBEN? Isn't it about the time she said it would be released?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2002 3:29 am
Posts: 5040
jabba wrote:
Has anyone heard any more news relating to the release or the name of the 4tieth RUBEN? Isn't it about the time she said it would be released?


Here are some factors that could be part of planning a release date.
Mothers Day 2009 Sunday May 10
ZPZ 1 month plus Euro Tour begins May 16
http://www.zappa.com/zpz/tourdates.html

_________________
Trendmonger's Moment Of Clarity

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 18834
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
Trendmonger wrote:
jabba wrote:
Has anyone heard any more news relating to the release or the name of the 4tieth RUBEN? Isn't it about the time she said it would be released?
:idea:

Don't forget Christmas, 25/12/09, plus the aliens arrival, 12/3/12.

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2002 6:21 am
Posts: 210
It's almost Mothers' Day.

_________________
Bill


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2002 3:29 am
Posts: 5040
Bill wrote:
It's almost Mothers' Day.


That second Sunday in May is rapidly approaching
so a Happy Mothers day to all the Mothers
but let's not forget The Muthers.

I'm not talking to Ceasar but
Beware the Ides of March.

_________________
Trendmonger's Moment Of Clarity

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 12:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 14951
just plain doug wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:
jabba wrote:
Has anyone heard any more news relating to the release or the name of the 4tieth RUBEN? Isn't it about the time she said it would be released?
:idea:

Don't forget Christmas, 25/12/09, plus the aliens arrival, 12/3/12.


"I for one welcome our new insect overlords."

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 1:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:53 am
Posts: 2196
Location: Hamilton, NJ
Oh, THOSE insect overlords! I was concerned that there were aliens coming....

Ruben 41!

_________________
If we're dumb . . .
Then God is dumb . . .
(An' maybe even a little bit ugly on the side)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 1:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 14951
tweezers wrote:
Oh, THOSE insect overlords! I was concerned that there were aliens coming....

Ruben 41!


Are you trying to hijack this thread?

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group