Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 282 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:31 am 

I love Jamaica, it has its idiosyncracies, but it is really heaven on earth. I would love to live there, but everything rots, so electricity and a good stereo system would never really work there. :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:34 am 

tweezers wrote:
I love Jamaica, it has its idiosyncracies, but it is really heaven on earth. I would love to live there, but everything rots, so electricity and a good stereo system would never really work there. :)

I've always thought of it as <looking around><gulp><whispers>"the Detroit of the Caribbean". I'll take anywhere in the Caribbean any day but it'd be lower on the list than, say, Grand Cayman or St. Croix.

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:21 am 

To each his own. I have places there I would go, and places that I would never go.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:13 am 

tweezers wrote:
To each his own. I have places there I would go, and places that I would never go.

I hear ya. I also haven't been back there since pre-high school so I'm sure my experience would differ these days. :wink: :smoke: :mrgreen:

Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:40 am 

Yes it would, my penguin friend LOL

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:02 pm 

But I have already gone crazy by waiting. I've gone beyond insane to sane and it's about to change again. Give me what to dance you zft.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:22 pm 

Soracha wrote:
But I have already gone crazy by waiting. I've gone beyond insane to sane and it's about to change again. Give me what to dance you zft.

Can you make it to 'round Mothers Day (May 8) I wd suspect that's the next best guess?

edit: I typed in May Eight but that pumpkin mysteriously appeared so I guess it is in the cards

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:59 pm 

brainpang wrote:
Soracha wrote:

Can you make it to 'round Mothers Day (May 8) I wd suspect that's the next best guess?

edit: I typed in May Eight but that pumpkin mysteriously appeared so I guess it is in the cards

Donald Trump wishes everyone a happy motherfucker's day :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:07 pm 

We're coming up on May, 5 months into 2011 and no new FZ release, or Beefheart's Bat Chain Puller. I no longer will believe a thing Gail says in interviews about forthcoming releases. What she would like to put out, as compared to what actually comes out are two different stories.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:16 pm 

Bat Chain Puller, R&TF & The Second Money Box had been close to completion in November, but then she decided they needed a carrot, a wrapper and a whoopee cushion to go along with them, delaying their release, by conservative estimates, till March 2015.

WOIIFTM Supplement Box outer slipcase

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:22 pm 

Fred_Zappelin wrote:
We're coming up on May, 5 months into 2011 and no new FZ release, or Beefheart's Bat Chain Puller. I no longer will believe a thing Gail says in interviews about forthcoming releases.

How can you make that comment at this stage? We've had 4 months of 2011.
Read the questions and answers in GZ sez - that's really the only information we have that Gail herself has submitted.
Dance me this and possibly another "Joe's" CD. Those are the only FZ releases that have a 2011 release date based on the answers she gave. Also there may be a flo and eddie release this year.
Nothing has been confirmed with regard to The Rage and the Fury.
I already have Bat Chain Puller so I'm not too bothered when that gets re-released.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:28 am 

Fred_Zappelin wrote:
We're coming up on May, 5 months into 2011 and no new FZ release, or Beefheart's Bat Chain Puller. I no longer will believe a thing Gail says in interviews about forthcoming releases. What she would like to put out, as compared to what actually comes out are two different stories.

Ah, what can ya do. It's a small biz and it seems everything depends upon GZ, her attention to all details. One little personal issue or other, more pressing matters can ruin the best of intentions. I guess the April 1 announcement was made in good faith but something got in the way.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:45 am 

ZFT do not focus on one way, they have more than one project in progress, maybe that's why it take some time. Like Frank said: Don't expect anything,don't expect fun, don't expect friends...if you get something...it's a BONUS.

Enjoy life while you can 8)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:02 am 

brainpang wrote:
Fred_Zappelin wrote:

Ah, what can ya do. It's a small biz and it seems everything depends upon GZ, her attention to all details. One little personal issue or other, more pressing matters can ruin the best of intentions. I guess the April 1 announcement was made in good faith but something got in the way.

April Fools!

I wonder if the next thing to be released will coincide with the next DZPZ tour? Either a Joe's or Flo & Eddie release could fit the program.

I'm just wondering whats up with the 4teth FZ audio documentary project/object series? It's been over a year since the last one.

It's even more than overdue for a DVD release.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:42 am 

I guess they don't sell enough these days to justify more or even any new releases. Let's face the reality, brothers and sisters - Frank is gone for almost to decades now, fanbase is getting older and older and not enough newbies if any in sight. And no public interest in Frank Zappa anyway. FZ, a phenomenon from ages long gone and soon to be forgotten.

Th.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:49 am 

Thinman wrote:
I guess they don't sell enough these days to justify more or even any new releases. Let's face the reality, brothers and sisters - Frank is gone for almost to decades now, fanbase is getting older and older and not enough newbies if any in sight. And no public interest in Frank Zappa anyway. FZ, a phenomenon from ages long gone and soon to be forgotten.

Th.

You just peed in my cornflakes.... :cry:

:mrgreen:

Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:38 pm 

Thinman wrote:

Th.

Finally, someone who makes sense!

I've given up too.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 4:31 am 

nah... there's a lot of people discovering frank's music all the time. But they discover the old stuff, cuz that's what's easiest to find. Magazines, websites and record stores care about the classics. The ZFT releases are a more obscure and do not get any PR. You often have to be a nerd to find 'em. At least if you're a swedish zappa fan. But zappa fans tend to become nerds since there is so much great music to listen to and so much great music yet to be released. Not to mention the CC clues that literally invites to nerdiness.

What I want to say is

The ZFT releases are great
FZ's music will survive
Don't be so pessimistic, there will be more releases in due time
How long since HO?? Like half a year? That's not a long time!?!?

:)

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 7:28 am 

1 release a year is more than enough for me. I only brought it up 'cause of the teaser copy, the disconnect. In this day and age the less things I feel compelled to spend money on the happier I am.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 12:57 am 

Thinman wrote:

Graham wrote:
Also there may be a flo and eddie release this year.
Don't sound so - uh - German, Thinman, maybe a couple of layers of fussbodenbelag could cheer you up ?! :wink:

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 1:58 am 

I mostly enjoy the ZFT releases, and they have given me a new perspective on Zappa. I like the full shows, because I get a broader view of Zappa the performer. I only saw him twice, and these releases relieve my yearning for live Zappa. Not to speak of the MOFOs and lumpy monies. What I lack, is a more transparent strategy. All this is posthumous, so it should be possible to make a systematic plan of different series with matching designs. FZ:OZ, Buffalo and Philly '76 go in that direction, and should be followed up by similar releases from all of Zappa's tours. New release from 1975? Put it next to FZ:OZ on the shelf. Full show from 1982? Put it next to Buffalo, and so on. Think academically rather than commercially. This is documentation of a major musical figure. Some people like Mozart, I like Zappa. It's sad that Frank left early, but Mozart's been dead for 220 years, and they're stilling putting out stuff.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:34 am 

Dark Clothes wrote:
… Mozart's been dead for 220 years, and they're stilling putting out stuff.

Yeah, lucky for us that Wolfgang Amadeus taped all of his shows and left behind such an inexaustible vault ;-).

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:56 am 

buffalo_voice wrote:
Thinman wrote:

Graham wrote:
Also there may be a flo and eddie release this year.
Don't sound so - uh - German, Thinman, maybe a couple of layers of fussbodenbelag could cheer you up ?! :wink:

Wie bitte? Was meinen sie damit? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 9:39 am 

brainpang wrote:
1 release a year is more than enough for me. I only brought it up 'cause of the teaser copy, the disconnect. In this day and age the less things I feel compelled to spend money on the happier I am.

Yeah, I agree. The surprise attack is probably better than getting our hopes up only to let unforeseen circumstances ruin them again.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 11:18 am 

Soracha wrote:
brainpang wrote:

Yeah, I agree. The surprise attack is probably better than getting our hopes up only to let unforeseen circumstances ruin them again.

You're too adagio, I keep telling you! Why not have both schedules and surprises? I mean, like schedules that are held plus the occasional surprise release...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 282 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next