Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: VAI - Secret Jewel Box
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 11:05 am 

Does anybody know when a new part of the 10 CD series of this beautiful VAI Box comes out ? I got that box with the first 3 CD's + the secret interview disc. All in all this will be a 10 CD box set when it is complete. So I'm waiting for a new part but don't know when Steve Vai will release the next Archive CD for this set.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 10:52 am 

[quote author=MrBickford link=board=albums&num=1031436341&start=0#1 date=09/07/02 at 14:33:34]<br><br><br>No clue! I'm eagerly awaiting too. "The Secret Interview Disc", what's that? I never got that with my jewel box!<br>[/quote]<br><br><br>Please look at the bottom of this box. There are some screws. Must I say more ??

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 11:42 am 

<br>[quote author=Dr.Including link=board=albums&num=1031436341&start=0#5 date=09/15/02 at 14:00:28]<br><br><br>cool! I didn't knew about that one...but still I think this box is a hoax - I forgot to mention that the first record that was available at the same time in regular shops comes with a threedimensional cover - the one in the box does not! That stinks!!<br>[/quote]<br><br><br>Yes, as a fan/collector you have to buy both. That's hard. I have done it this way: bought the box and the single CD with the 3-D cover, put the 3-D cover inside the CD which is in the box and sold the "regular" edition CD on ebay for an acceptable prize. Now I got both: the box AND the 3-D cover for CD 1.<br>Btw: the Alcatrazz CD (CD 2) is also available seperately and all stuff on CD 3 (the Zappa archive) was taken from different Zappa CD's. So there is nothing really new inside this box until now.<br>That's why I hope Mr. Vai will release some interesting stuff on the upcoming CD's that is a little bit more exclusively.<br>    

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 10:40 pm 

<br>[quote author=Dr.Including link=board=albums&num=1031436341&start=0#8 date=09/17/02 at 16:28:38]<br><br>I guess now it's not working anymore to spell LIGHT WITHOUT HEAT (or whatever comes out of it) with your CD-side-covers; hope you considered this...<br>[/quote]<br><br><br>I still got the original box CD 1 in my box set so I can still see the "L" on the side-cover. The 3-D cover is simply an additional inlay in the regular edition. It's easy to take it out from this jewel case and put it into the other one (-> that in the box). I've lost nothing. Everything else of the regular edition which you can buy in every store was identical to the box CD except the logo of the record company (I think it was Favoured Nations) and no "L" on the side-cover.