Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:59 pm 

SonofSuzyCreamcheese wrote:
There seems to be something wrong with the two last tracks on GLS, Secret Greasing and Love of My Life. It sounds as if the CD is full of scratches, because it jumps a lot. Don't see anything wrong on the CD's surface though...

Hm... Now it's only the last track that's acting weird... on my computer. It plays all fine in my stereo.
Fuck!

A CD player in your stereo it designed to work around any errors it encounters. A computer doesn't, taking everything bit by bit, and it's not forgiving of errors. Most players on your computer have a setting about using error correction when playing audio CDs, this may help.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:14 am 

calvin2hikers wrote:
There seems to be something wrong with the two last tracks on GLS, Secret Greasing and Love of My Life. It sounds as if the CD is full of scratches, because it jumps a lot. Don't see anything wrong on the CD's surface though...

Hm... Now it's only the last track that's acting weird... on my computer. It plays all fine in my stereo.
Fuck!

A CD player in your stereo it designed to work around any errors it encounters. A computer doesn't, taking everything bit by bit, and it's not forgiving of errors. Most players on your computer have a setting about using error correction when playing audio CDs, this may help.

Aha! Thanks for the information!

Now I will sound like a fucking n00b or whatever it's called, but do you know how to get to that setting in Windows Media Player or iTunes?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:46 am 

Choose iTunes > Preferences.

In the General pane, click Import Settings.

Select “Use error correction when reading Audio CDs.”

or WMP

Tools>>Options>>Devices>>Select CD/DVD device and click on "Advanced". After that check the checkbox which says "Use error correction".

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:24 am 

calvin2hikers wrote:

or WMP

Tools>>Options>>Devices>>Select CD/DVD device and click on "Advanced". After that check the checkbox which says "Use error correction".

Thanks man! :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:37 am 

calvin2hikers wrote:

or WMP

Thanks man! :)

It didn't help. :( Well, maybe it's because my computers CD/DVD system and/or iTunes and Windows Media Player are pieces of shit.

Thanks for the help anyway, calvin.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17