Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:57 am 

AbnucealEmukaah83 wrote:
http://shorefire.com/index.php?a=pressrelease&o=3792

edit: this info courtesy from the nice blokes at Killuglyradio.com

What form of Bromidrosis foot are you putting in your mouth.
The ZFT publicist is Shore Fire Media. If People magazine, National Geographic or Oprah Winfrey
got a hold of the April 1, 2010 Shore Fire document entitled "Zappa Records To Release 'Greasy Love Songs' CD May 1 Celebrating 1968's 'Cruising With Ruben And The Jets'"
the information would not be coming courtesy of Oprah but as hopefully kept in tact as delivered from Shore Fire Media.

Why fans feel the need to come to this Official Forum and over-hype a fan based website is beyond any common sense.
I am not arguing anything these fans websites do or do not do. It's nice when a new press release is announced that media outlets
get out the message about on these things but the information is courtesy of the nice folks at Shore Fire MEdia via their relationship with the ZFT
not Kill Ugly Radio, Oprah Winfrey or any given Good Friday station of the cross meditation of prayer .
Yes let's get out the word.

I think Shore Fire Media has released 16 Official Press Releases.

http://www.shorefire.com/clients/zappa/#null

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:20 am 

The_Acadian_2 wrote:
Funny how things are....I was listening to Ruben yesterday....of course i ordered as soon as i got the news....which was five minutes ago! Another release!! Beautius!!!
Me too listened it yesterday us french have antenna :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:23 am 

Trendmonger wrote:
Why fans feel the need to come to this Official Forum and over-hype a fan based website is beyond any common sense.

Over-react much? Stop being so negative with your anti-fansite agenda and war flag :wink:

I will be ordering this release tomorrow--looks very cool.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:42 am 

FOWL wrote:
It seems obcvious to me a Hot Rats Doc is next on the agenda. We know there is a 20 minutes Peaches jam they are dying to release, and outtakes we all know of. Could be a monumental posthumous release! I have but one sentence to fantasise about the possibility of. A VARIATION ON THE GUMBO VARIATIONS!!! Imagine there's a second take lying in the vault!!!!!!

I'm drooling...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:43 am 

how does trendy find all the time to post when he's busy sucking dweezil and gails dicks? :P

A '55 Chevy that his brother just stoled

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:32 pm 

lol

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:40 pm 

Before we get to a Hot Rats 40th, how about a 40th Uncle Meat? There has to be some killer outtakes for that!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:35 pm 

dw wrote:
Before we get to a Hot Rats 40th, how about a 40th Uncle Meat? There has to be some killer outtakes for that!

4 hours or movie outtakes! Wow!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:07 pm 

we can see by the numbers of post here that we slowing down on every each next release.

i dont want to be negative but its what i see.

Thanks for this new cd ZFT!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:54 pm 

dw wrote:

To me Uncle Meat is a FAR preferable cd, an all time fave, however, now this is just fanaspeculation, it seems to me it is not an album that would have much alternate material to work with. The songs there required MASSIVE overdubbing, and the best material already appear multiple times on the album!!!! I can't imagine there will be a making of Uncle Meat, as it already plays like an audio documentary as it is. Just my take.

http://www.last.fm/music/fowl
http://www.deezer.com/en/#music/fowl
Your mental health requires buying my cd

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:59 pm 

But thank you for making me think to put on Uncle Meat right now!

http://www.last.fm/music/fowl
http://www.deezer.com/en/#music/fowl
Your mental health requires buying my cd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:18 am 

$21 (plus taxes and shipping to Canada, which is over $10) for a single disc?! Even though CWR&TJ isn't my favourite Zappa/Mothers album, it'll be interesting to hear this release. However, I think I'll put it on my B-day or Xmas Wishlist instead of buying it myself.

Meanwhile, the 40th Anniversary edition of Hot Rats is more than likely just around the corner... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:37 am 

How can anyone really bitch about the cost of this?

If you know anything at all about how this works, you'll realize that this is not going to sell tons of copies. My bet is that the current price point doesn't offer that high a margin for ZFT.

Please don't blather on about it only costs $2 to make a CD. If you're that ignorant about the process, try putting out your own CD and see what you come up with.

All I ever read about between releases is, "When is the next release, why is it taking so long?" Then when the release is announced, "How come it costs so much?"

Fuck me, no wonder AGZ goes off sometimes.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:20 am 

Val Valentin wrote:

If you know anything at all about how this works, you'll realize that this is not going to sell tons of copies. My bet is that the current price point doesn't offer that high a margin for ZFT.

Please don't blather on about it only costs $2 to make a CD. If you're that ignorant about the process, try putting out your own CD and see what you come up with.

All I ever read about between releases is, "When is the next release, why is it taking so long?" Then when the release is announced, "How come it costs so much?"

Thinking Beyond Selfish Fanatical Wants
of Instant Gratification at the costs of a
Strawberry Soda and a Single Gallon of Low Lead.

It's a pleasure to see a forum member who thinks about things beyond selfish fanatical wants with instant gratification at the costs of a Strawberry Soda and a single gallon of Low Lead. Anyone who has any common sense understands the grandeur that goes into Vault Maintenance, UMRK Upgrades, paying all involved in the total production and procurement costs of each CD. If you want a cottage product that is limited in market feasibility, for that to maintain a business feasibility of where they even break even things traditionally cost a bit more. IF they were making so much money on these projects you would think we would be getting more products just spit out of a prefabricated mechanism. Not that I ever think the ZFT would do that, they put a lot of thought into these releases all at the same time
project feasibility always needs to be maintained. After FZ OZ one wondered if we ever would get a multi-disk set again. The fan support was extremely poor on that first Vaultetnative project and it has close to 6 month of pre-sale with a high level of anticipation being the first release.

I can get a mass produced machine woven sweater made of threads made from parsley quality wool at retail for $25 to $50.
Then I can have one made by hand that not only is made with a specific craft, artistic option of taste but
with a chosen quality of material that may very well cost as much as the mass produced sweater made from parsley.

People around here always bark at my referencing the David Letterman Show I appeared on with FZ.
He clearly talks of his relationship with his fans and how he does not mess around, that he is fair with his fans,
how he gets his budgets and where it is all connected. The ZFT are doing things very much like Frank.
DZPZ is out there touring that does help promote some Vault related sales but by my guess DZPZ is playing
to probably half the attendance annually than FZ had all at the same time where we have 87 Official Releases
with close to Zero 0% Mass Media Support as one could ever expect with any artistic business products that have
not only been around but a good amount of new product keep flowing since the mid sixties.

As with Frank the mass media is giving little to no repeated opportunity for the art to be heard.
The fact that the ZFT can break even is something we all should be very happy with because
if a business can not even do that just how long can it survive. If they make a little money from the variety
of business ventures I can only be all the more happy as to the whole project/object moving forward.
I for one am a fan who supports all efforts, not only because they make my life filled with the alternative entertainment
I desire for today but that if the business can survive I can expect material for the next 30 years.

Fans that do not give respect to what FZ is talking of
in this Letterman Interview are people who are in no way fair.
It's way beyond not being fair, they seemingly have little grasp
on the process and care more about messing around, messing around, messing around ,time and time again.
Remember Frank Zappa in 1978 was outwardly producing a video project entitled "We Don' Mess Arround".
That entire motto was a fabric of the level of unexpected perfection of his work process.
Many of these fans are so off base as to not only what FZ was about and but also how the ZFT are on the same coarse
as close as they possibly can. It's as if some of the fanaskeptasaurepous have gone to blue card bull shit school.
How can anyone be this ignorant where they continue to hide behind a blue card methodology that thinks the ZFT are ripping
a small hard core fan-base off with overpriced product.

Here is the scripture on how FZ got his budgets....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfjzsBQL8bc

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

Last edited by Trendmonger on Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:50 am 

Trendmonger wrote:
Val Valentin wrote:
DZPZ is out there touring that does help promote some
Vault related sales but by my guess DZPZ is playing to probably half the attendance annually than FZ had.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfjzsBQL8bc

Gonna check that link later. For now nonchalantly simply this then, quoting mySpace, "The ..you guessed it, Roxy is Everyblimminwhat, a DVD in progress of ..waiting, would sell like a wa'er-tight sailing sloop."

..almost creating tons out of thin air, lol. By-the-swing-by, film making can become complicated. Have you once tried to find images, enough as well, to complete one of your darling songs? ...leds hope for video-creating weather. ... a dozen or so days of gig-free time. Hey, that chip on your shoulder, Gary, is displaying its teeth, so no tinsel strewing from tiME.

lal, laugh a little. La'ers.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:15 am 

Great to get the original mix on CD. Really great! I will order it when the cascades of vomit provoked from reading Trendmonger's fanainsanosaurus jibberish have dried up. It may take a while.

Hey, time passes. I can't help it. But the my excitement of a new release is not the same as it was 25 years ago. I guess it may be a part of growing up. Whether that's good or bad, I don't know. I just observe it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:19 am 

Val Valentin wrote:

It is standard around here. Some people subscribe to a notion about a "fair" price for a CD, a concert ticket and so on. I never understood it either. If ZFT wanted to sell it for $30 they could try that. After all, they are a monopolist when it comes to Zappa. I guess Gail is smart enough to find the optimal selling price.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:35 am 

HJ wrote:
Great to get the original mix on CD. Really great! I will order it when the cascades of vomit provoked from reading Trendmonger's fanainsanosaurus jibberish have dried up. It may take a while.

Hey, time passes. I can't help it. But the my excitement of a new release is not the same as it was 25 years ago. I guess it may be a part of growing up. Whether that's good or bad, I don't know. I just observe it.

Don't kid yourself there is plenty of vomit in this here school yard.
Total posts 452607 | Total topics 18903 | Total members 15527
You have been around long enough Joined: 20 Aug 2002 06:51
with 1876 posts, who knows how many user reads
you have and what comprehension filter you adhere to but what is clear
the Zappa DOT Com News Group"Mess Around School Yard Factor" far exceeds
FZs " We Don't Mess Around" work model.

At the end of the day I realize quite well how FZ not only talked of his budgets
and how he treated all his fans fair but when he was talking of me he chose the adverb "especially".
I "especially" still think the ZFT are 100% being fair with how they treat the fans and run that business with artistic integrity.
If that day comes where the Vault Doors once again close I especially will remember all this fanatical bull shit.
Oh were not those RYKO Compilations and the puke green colored jewel case trays just wonderful.
Yeah RYKO flooding the market was so good for creating the opportunity for market feasibility on new product.
It's no wonder the cooperative efforts between RYKO & the ZFT during that 10 year period were extremely limited.
I refer to that Closed Vault period as the dark ages. Seemingly some of these fans want to welcome it to come back.
I have to wonder if even some are developing a prayer, "Close the Vault Door God". It's as if an evil venom has got
a hold of some in a war community. Certainly not all but the profit margin feasibility of Vault Releases is not one of which many fans are realistic about.

From my perspective the puke around here is those fans who throw up all their complaint crap towards how the ZFT runs their business.
So many fans here do not act like they are being treated fairly. Fanaskepataureous Vomit of the highest degree.
The fair price of Zappa News Group Bull Shit comes at the expense of an extreme lost fanatical perception of
what has defined artistic integrity for 6 decades.

The ZFT are in there spending lots of money . The fans of negativity have to come up with some new shit.
They are clueless as to how close the ZFT are doing things in the same business model as FZ had.
The I am not buying a pre-order until Trendmonger goes back into cocoon mode is a bunch of enema juice.
The lost interest in the last 25 years for new product is preposterous when you look at a user who spends
thousands of internet hours at the Zappa.com NewsGroup on his two thousand posts and who knows how many reads of forum topics.
The Quotients of $900 VIP Eagles, $500 Concert Tickets & or a $10 MP3 Downloads have nothing to do with the feasibility
of these Cottage Products that sell single digits of thousand in total units. Now regardless if that is binary or decimal it's still not all that much money
as to what it takes to produce these items of the worlds finest optional entertainment.

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:56 am 

Trendmonger wrote:

What form of Bromidrosis foot are you putting in your mouth.
The ZFT publicist is Shore Fire Media. If People magazine, National Geographic or Oprah Winfrey
got a hold of the April 1, 2010 Shore Fire document...the information would not be coming courtesy of Oprah but as hopefully kept in tact as delivered from Shore Fire Media.

I am not arguing anything these fans websites do or do not do. It's nice when a new press release is announced that media outlets get out the message about on these things...

Why don't YOU put 2 feet up your mouth numbskull ?
Oh yeah, you can't because your mouth is part of your head and that part of your body is shoved way up your poop-chute...that's why !

I am sorry (no, i'm not...) for providing some info on new releases i find on the net that's not to your liking or not coming through or from the official ZFT publicist.
The thing is that besides this website, the other Zappa Website i often visit just happens to be KUR.

Who cares if it's fan based, is it less good/reliable/fill in the blank because of that ?
It's this reporter's opinion (and personal experience) that fan-sites often offer more and better info than is coming through official channels, but that's just my 2 euro-cents.

Anyhow, i am not claiming the info came exclusively through KUR, it's just where i FOUND it.
Maybe i should have been more articulate in order to make it more understandable for your own shit-stained and thick skull...

I won't even bring up ''common sense'' and the ''not arguing'' part in the same sentence as you, so this is it for now.

Now, let's get back to our regular scheduled program.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:23 am 

Thank Gail!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:41 am 

Trendmonger, you are honestly making little sense. Did the word "fair" in my second post trigger some of it off? I cannot figure it out. In your post, however, I observe this part:

Trendmonger wrote:
The lost interest in the last 25 years for new product is preposterous when you look at a user who spends
thousands of internet hours at the Zappa.com NewsGroup on his two thousand posts and who knows how many reads of forum topics.

and can only say that your deductions about my total time spent on Zappa.com and/or its potential correlation with my personal preferences' evolution over time are wrong.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:46 am 

I am thoroughly excited about this. Not only do you get the desonex burger...
And the price... well, money are meant to be spent, that's their purpose, and the money going into the ZFT eventually comes out as unreleased FZ-music! Cheers! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:11 am 

I am really happy to see the ZFT continue to release product that is of great quality but in all likelyhood isn't going to make much money- or any at all. Please remember that this is a very limited market - one that isn't growing too fast. (If FZ thought kids in 1969 wouldn't know good music if it bit them in the ass - what would he think today)).
I post all the Zappa news over at IMWAN. It is made up of all the former readers of ICE. I have to tell you - there is very little interest shown by the music geeks over there (Of which I am one).
If there is little interest there - then where is it? The local indy record stores are vanishing along with the music chains. (Will there be any music in the future?)

21 bucks is not unreasonable. When you think of all the costs involved - the preping of the material, the graphics, the artwork, the packaging, I do not know how they can break-even let alone make a profit. 21 bucks for GREAT product is a deal. You can squander 21 bucks pretty fast...here at least you have great music for a long time.

I am a Cost Accounting manager at the manufacturing firm where I work. (Another vanishing site on the American parire). I know first hand that there are a lot of hidden costs of doing business. They must be spread across the total qty you sell. Like it or not - FZ product is not going to sell as well as the shit that is popular today. The ZFT has to break even or make a profit or they are out of business. If that happens - the doors to the vault closes for a long time. At 57 years old - perhaps I can not wait out a long time.

Instead of bitching - either buy the product or go elsewhere. I for one don't mind paying a little extra - or even double of what I'd pay for other product...other inferior product.

Thank you Gail. Thank you to the ZFT. I hope that the releases keep on coming.

Bobby - a FZ fan since Ony Money.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:26 am 

Trendmonger wrote:
DZPZ is out there touring that does help promote some Vault related sales but by my guess DZPZ is playing
to probably half the attendance annually than FZ had all at the same time where we have 87 Official Releases
with close to Zero 0% Mass Media Support as one could ever expect with any artistic business products that have
not only been around but a good amount of new product keep flowing since the mid sixties.

Worst run-on sentence ever.

Once again, Trendy sucks all of the fun out of the room. I'm embarrassed to be a fellow fan. In fact, due to his negativity, I have changed my mind. Instead of pre-ordering the new ZFT release this weekend, I'm going to buy Mike Keneally's Scambot instead.

Thanks for raining on the FZ parade as usual. You are a dark cloud with a moth-eaten lining.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:39 am 

I think that a audiodocumentary of UM and HR would be the BFD.

Considering much of this music was made over a year or so period, why not lump them together like LM -

as a matter of fact, throw in BWS too, make it a real doozy!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next