Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:06 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:40 pm 

Canard Du Jour wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
My favs... Utopia and Ship/Witch are getting a bad rap.Give them and JFH a second chance! You know we got to Stick Together,in the Dangerous Kitchen,while Mary Lou steals my watch and chain! No Not Now? Maybe later?
Why are you..... bing bong.....scuze me ladies and germs.... theres my Teenage Prostitute.Quick put on your Jazz Discharge Party Hats,Tink Walks Amok among us,don't fear I speak Zappanese! :lol:
The worst FZ is in the ear of the listener.... Like if there was any FZ that didn't challenge and push everyone's Envelope it's to be expected.Not shunned.
That sounds like you think FZ was just a POP artist for your listening experience.If FZ diviates from FZ's percieved sound...is it bad?
Hey,like Frank said on Freak Out,"do ya love it,do ya hate it,there it is the way you made it...wow!" He made it his way.:idea:
Sorry didn't mean to preach or over react to someone who don't like FZ's music once in a while.We all have faults....I'm on the San Andreas fault myself. :mrgreen:

I think you misunderstood me there, I think there is plenty of shitty music (LimpBizKit, Creed....)out there and why not place a bad rap on that music rather than F.Z.'s?

Well....OK then. 8)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:30 pm 

I've done a completely scientific study, encompassing over a thousand pages of data and 2 years of work. The worst Zappa album is.....

Visions!

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/lsz

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:41 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
I've done a completely scientific study, encompassing over a thousand pages of data and 2 years of work. The worst Zappa album is.....

Visions!

Was this an album made by one of Frank's long lost Greek uncles? I don't seem to recognize any of Frank's music of any sort of course?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:23 pm 

Canard Du Jour wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:

Visions!

Was this an album made by one of Frank's long lost Greek uncles? I don't seem to recognize any of Frank's music of any sort of course?

Jason Zappa is one of the musicians. I have no idea if he's related. None of the music is Frank's.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:25 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
Canard Du Jour wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:

Visions!

Jason Zappa is one of the musicians. I have no idea if he's related. None of the music is Frank's.

I realized that, I was just being my usual Jersey sarcastic self! :twisted: Goes with the territory! (Even though I don't live there anymore)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:48 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:

Visions!

I think we have a winner! This sounds like the same album that KPFA 97.6(?)Bezerkely,CA would play back in the 60-70's.Seems like anytime I fell asleep around 12-2:00...zzzzz....zzzzz...around 4:00 AM. SAX Whats that ___ noise!! It's a rude awakening,some guy/girl crammin not jammin'away on a sax. It's worse than P-Floyd DSM/Time when all those clocks go off! At least that gets better again!
Ya,this is the worsetest zappa album ever.Congradulations! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:36 pm 

There is no worst Zappa album. There are enough worst non Zappa albums.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:41 pm 

DonvanVliet wrote:

Sigh. Back to the drawing board.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:24 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
DonvanVliet wrote:

Sigh. Back to the drawing board.

Naw ...Technically your right. You just have to make the distinction that there are other people with the last name of Zappa that can make lousy music.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:37 pm 

Probably yes.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:52 am 

The worst has got to be 'Francesco'. Frank's little joke at the expense of his fans.
FZ: "Hmmm, just how far will my fans let me get away with wearing my NEW CLOTHES?"

ps I love at least 75% of Zappa's output. Frank Zappa, that is.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:29 pm 

I love "Francesco" so..... :mrgreen:

Come on, every artist is allowed a weirdo album once in a while. Frank got "Francesco", Weird Al Yankovic got the now uber-rare "Peter And The Wolf" (featuring Wendy Carlos on synthesizer!), George Harrison got "Electronic Sound" (Ringo wanted to do an album of Moog doodles as well), Paul McCartney got those trancey Fireman things AND "Liverpool Sound Collage", Lou Reed got... oh come on, who doesn't know by now; and on, and on, and on.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:56 am 

I don't know if there is such a thing as a worst Zappa album, but David Ocker has told that Frank in a matter of seconds replaced some very refined Synclavier settings that Ocker had been working hard on and reinstated those chimey factory sounds we all know and love (?) in Francesco Zappa. I would have loved to hear Ocker's well-considered settings, and sometimes think that Frank's brusque gesture and removal may have been one of his worst MOVES.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:49 pm 

i don't really have a worst album. my least favorite cd is ycdtosa vol. 5 disc 1. the original/early mothers groups were the worst thing frank was ever involved in. but even then, some of it is alright.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:32 am 

Thing-Fish.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:51 am 

The one that made punk & `airy post here and dd too,aka archie obler,Bravo Sierra,ect.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:57 am 

wot ratatouille I was about to cast over board, a warning to other sunday winternet blocker, a brightside and done wiph

PlS, that capm in so ..summing, humtimes.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:27 am 

Dark Clothes wrote:
… I would have loved to hear Ocker's well-considered settings, and sometimes think that Frank's brusque gesture and removal may have been one of his worst MOVES.

No. I think to play this music (Francesco) with factory sounds is the very core idea of this project. To use cheesy plain factory sounds instead of refined settings makes the whole thing work in the end. So this was not a "brusque gesture" but the right decision. This kind of music was factory music in those days when it was written.

Th.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:23 am 

Thinman wrote:
This kind of music was factory music in those days when it was written.

Factory music? Why bother using a synclavier? Anything with Steve Vai is like factory music.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:32 pm 

To be blunt - stupid question with no end in sight.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:54 pm 

Hey,Let's not fight over it....."the worst Zappa album" is just the one you ,personally, like the least! :roll: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:27 pm 

The worst one,is one,we never hear..Now if it sits in a vault and we never hear it,thats the worst,and wasted one.We may never be able to judge,what we never heard.All FZ has it's moments,other wise it wouldn't be FZ.I hope we hear it all. A stream of everything FZ recorded...ahhhh. 8)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:13 pm 

IMNSHO, "Broadway the Hard Way" is hard to listen to... Great song titles, but that's it. 8)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:42 pm 

THING-FISH

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:44 am 

Until this day my lest favourite has always been Cruising. I am looking for the original vinyl, though.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next