Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:27 pm 

I've only been listening to Over-Nite Sensation for 35 years, but what's the deal with "sterilizing the zircon encrusted tweezers" in Dinah-Moe Humm? I've twisted my already twisted mind trying to imagine what the tweezers would be for in that type of situation. Obviously in Montana the tweezers are for plucking floss but of what use are they for Dinah and Dora?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:20 pm 

Location: on the ether from www.deliciousagony.com only fair wave left methinks
Yep, a very intense song, if you would ask a femalien. Me sure is certain that a way of floating sorta through space with cosmic-roomers can be achieved via engineering an electro-magnetic speed-engine. To the lyrics, where are these then? and what is the following song? Frank is here playing on the eleventh level, elven speech and Hi-Genies. Maybe he speaks with know-how. Only i presume that a wound to the skin has to be washed, right? To the other things, I switch over to you. Tweak my top ten record list here a lil. :P

ya wa? the mewzick's pretty spectacular, geez. ..where's me chic cap swaggering to? rather mad. If only others would hark. Next phing on the wish-list gonna be a web-capable mobile iets, an hify-amp powered by solar-panels and propellers on that drat hat.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:05 pm 

Hi,

I really think that you are reading a whole lot more into it than is really there ... and besides, what is the fun of it all if you can not make fun of some foolish lab crap or science fiction idiocy from Star Trek?

On the other hand, we could ask Gayle ... and if she doesn't slap either of us, we might be on the right trak ... but she might say ... ask Miss Pamela! ... the mystery just keeps on going around and around and around ...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:38 am 

Zircon Tweezers are Roach clips, they were used in Montana to smoke the Tie Stick weed the song is about (yes I am sticking with that one it dates to the early 70's) in Dinah-Moe it is used to stimulate the Clitoris and therefore needs steralization, not unlike the wire coat hanger with tissue on it mentioned in another song (maybe Cheepnis), they did not have all the fancy stuff we have now...the different normal daily items used for gratification come up often in Franks work.
:smoke:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:34 pm 

Plook , I've heard that before and don't forget how popular ' Genuine Zirconium Diamond Rings ' were at that time.

Hey , only 19.95 and they look as real as a Diamond ! 8)
:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:36 am 

Plook wrote:
not unlike the wire coat hanger with tissue on it mentioned in another song (maybe Cheepnis),...

You're reffering to Peinguin in Bondage here. The coat "hangwire" in the song reffers to the hoops they make animals jump through. They used to wrap the wire hoop in kleenex soaked in fuel to get in burning...nothing to do with female stimulation. Unless of course you're into jumping through flaming hoops!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:20 pm 

The_Acadian_2 wrote:
Plook wrote:
not unlike the wire coat hanger with tissue on it mentioned in another song (maybe Cheepnis),...

You're reffering to Peinguin in Bondage here. The coat "hangwire" in the song reffers to the hoops they make animals jump through. They used to wrap the wire hoop in kleenex soaked in fuel to get in burning...nothing to do with female stimulation. Unless of course you're into jumping through flaming hoops!

At all times...doesn't everyone?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:45 pm 

Plook wrote:
Zircon Tweezers are Roach clips, they were used in Montana to smoke the Tie Stick weed the song is about (yes I am sticking with that one it dates to the early 70's) in Dinah-Moe it is used to stimulate the Clitoris and therefore needs steralization, not unlike the wire coat hanger with tissue on it mentioned in another song (maybe Cheepnis), they did not have all the fancy stuff we have now...the different normal daily items used for gratification come up often in Franks work.

I don't know, Plook. I'm no Dr. Ruth and maybe I'm just a country bumpkin who doesn't know the ways of the big (yuba) city, but I can't imagine many women that would want their clitoris stimulated with a pair of tweezers. :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:45 pm 

Plook wrote:
Zircon Tweezers are Roach clips, they were used in Montana to smoke the Tie Stick weed the song is about (yes I am sticking with that one it dates to the early 70's)
and, that's pretty much the crappiest "theory" ever brought up on this forum...
jeez, I had managed to forget all about that...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:57 pm 

Lumpy Gravy wrote:
Plook wrote:
Zircon Tweezers are Roach clips, they were used in Montana to smoke the Tie Stick weed the song is about (yes I am sticking with that one it dates to the early 70's)

That my friend is fact, I was there, there is a difference...and the crappiest theory ever brought forth, apparently was the coat hanger tissue clitoris stimulater...but then those were hard times, a gail had too do what a gail had to do...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:13 pm 

Plook wrote:
lumpy gravy wrote:
Plook wrote:
That my friend is fact, I was there, there is a difference...and the crappiest theory ever brought forth, apparently was the coat hanger tissue clitoris stimulater...but then those were hard times, a gail had too do what a gail had to do...
you were there... so what? high on tai weed... getting the idea in your head that zappa was singing about you?
well, believe what you want. I still think you're full of crap.
let's just leave it at that, ok.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:31 pm 

Lumpy Gravy wrote:
Plook wrote:
lumpy gravy wrote:
Plook wrote:
you were there... so what? high on tai weed... getting the idea in your head that zappa was singing about you?
well, believe what you want. I still think you're full of crap.
let's just leave it at that, ok.

People commenly talked about the song Montana being about Tia stick in LA in the 70's, now we can leave it there...a smart individual never challenges peoples integrity...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:20 am 

Thats what you believe this is what i think about it :wink:
Image :smoke:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:55 am 

This reminds of when moving to Nor Cal and after living in LA, I found it a little less sophisticated (shall we say) area…I went over friends house drinking beer and a guy came over and he had a couple of gals with him. We were sitting around shooting the shit and even though some of these people were a step below Britney & K-fed, the conversation came around to higher education and top colleges.

I began to tell them how my sister worked her way through college literally across the country while raising two kids and she lived in a lighthouse in Rohde Island while finishing her PHD, then she became a Professor at Harvard where she worked on grants. She began to do that on the side and wrote some software programs for it and she ended up leaving Harvard starting her own business and does very well.

Well one of the gals says…”That sounds like total bullshit to me, did you just make that up in your head?”…I got up and said it was time to go, I feel sorry for people like that, because how pathetic must their lives be that something as trivial as someone else’s life experience would elicit that kind of reaction. For someone to challenge another’s integrity that way, reveals a deep seeded jealousy for others who’s lives are full and blessed.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:46 am 

Borinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnig :smoke:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:22 pm 

I am 99.9% sure that FZ was not using dental floss as a metaphor for Thai Stick and I am just as sure that Plook's assertion that some L.A. partiers theorized that he was is correct.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:43 pm 

Double borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:40 pm 

cleon wrote:
Double borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring :mrgreen:

Pitty the fool... :smoke:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:38 pm 

My crap detector goes off whenever I read a post from Plook. Not that I don't believe him, I'm just not impressed.
As for sophistication, well, some people are just over bred.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:41 am 

I don't need your pity Asshole 8)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:51 pm 

cleon wrote:

That's Mr. Asshole to you...good day to you SIR!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:54 pm 

downer mydnyte wrote:
My crap detector goes off whenever I read a post from Plook. Not that I don't believe him, I'm just not impressed.
As for sophistication, well, some people are just over bred.

1.) You can't rip off the Crapdetector because it's trademarked and you don't know what it looks like.
2.) I never try to impress no matter how good I dress.
3.) If you don't know the importance of being a class act, you probably don't have any.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:12 pm 

4.) Kissing ZFT ass is not a sign of class.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:47 pm 

Whatever else is going on here, the tissue wrapped around a coat hang wire is for a makeshift hoop of fire from Penguin in Bondage. There's no deep meaning there, it's pretty much spelled out for what it is in the song.

On topic: Zappa was into absurdity as an art form, his lyrics don't have to make sense. He was critical of couched messages and if he wanted to actually say something in a song he usually spelled it out pretty clearly. So when it sounds absurd and without particular meaning he probably meant it to be that way.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:33 am 

Plook wrote:
cleon wrote:

That's Mr. Asshole to you...good day to you SIR!

No Just Asshole Will do fine Maybe Childish Stupid Asshole,Now Fuck off and drop dead somewhere.:smoke: