Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:55 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Halloween 2011 release
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:09 am 

So what will it be? I'm hoping for Bat Chain Puller - because I want it badly and can't believe it's happening for real until I see it... If that came with Schenkel's Apes-Ma collage - wow! Not even the Roxy movie would top that.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:57 am 

I think it's something about Roxy. Or maybe Dance me this.
I dreamt it was the making of Uncle Meat and it was a 4-disc too. But I mostly think it's the roxy soundtrack.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:15 am 

the fuck are you guys talking about?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:31 am 

jaypfunk wrote:
the fuck are you guys talking about?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:45 am 

Dark Clothes wrote:
I'm hoping for Bat Chain Puller - because I want it badly and can't believe it's happening for real until I see it... If that came with Schenkel's Apes-Ma collage - wow!

I hear Cal's creating art for Dweezil's new album, which means there's some contact with the Zappas now!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:04 am 

Roxy Soundtrack & The Rage and the Fury would fit in nicely with December release dates. Those look like Physical Format projects. Any release announcement date or release date will be fine. Could any of these be announced Halloween and released the beginning of December or later, I guess that is also possible. As far as The Rage & The Fury, Frank and Varese birthday are one day apart. That seems logical for a release or announcement near those dates. Roxy Soundtrack I'm thinking early Zappadan. These two I make mention of are some of the given clue obvious, Bat Chain Puller also, but then again I am also thinking of something completely different. Maybe something new for the Zappa Official Digital Download. When I say new I mean an entirely new scope for Zappa ODD. If that were the case that would be two releases, that fans could possibly have in their hands, on or about Halloween and then more in December. Maybe there is some instant gratification with a download offering, a concert, nugget project? I don't know when, but I just have a gut feeling that at some point, the Official Digital Downlaods will give additional options for consumers. It does seem some ugliness of law actions, for some time, many many moons, may have been or still possibly could impeded that. All those wanting downloads, sure the ZFT see some want that. I think a strategy is in place but it's not as simple as we might think.

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:16 am 

Trendmonger wrote:
Roxy Soundtrack & The Rage and the Fury would fit in nicely with December release dates. Those look like Physical Format projects. Any release announcement date or release date will be fine. Could any of these be announced Halloween and released the beginning of December or later, I guess that is also possible. As far as The Rage & The Fury, Frank and Varese birthday are one day apart. That seems logical for a release or announcement near those dates. Roxy Soundtrack I'm thinking early Zappadan. These two I make mention of are some of the given clue obvious, Bat Chain Puller also, but then again I am also thinking of something completely different. Maybe something new for the Zappa Official Digital Download. When I say new I mean an entirely new scope for Zappa ODD. If that were the case that would be two releases, that fans could possibly have in their hands, on or about Halloween and then more in December. Maybe there is some instant gratification with a download offering, a concert, nugget project? I don't know when, but I just have a gut feeling that at some point, the Official Digital Downlaods will give additional options for consumers. It does seem some ugliness of law actions, for some time, many many moons, may have been or still possibly could impeded that. All those wanting downloads, sure the ZFT see some want that. I think a strategy is in place but it's not as simple as we might think.

Translation: Something might or might not happen.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:27 am 

The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:

Translation: Something might or might not happen at some time or not.

That's exactly right "Something might or might not happen at some time or not". That's a given. Look at the nature of the Raven. There are those who still believe that they can foretell good or bad luck by counting the ravens that flock in their proximity. The birds are giving us some clues, at this point it's all good but from a given perspective some are still awaiting a knight in shining armor. The budgets for these releases does not grow in the corn field. I have no problem being right or wrong with any speculation but it's clear I look at not only the clues and but also expect the unexpected. I think I am quite clear in mentioning that at some point, Zappa ODDs, that will give us the kind of releases that we have not seen. My preference remains the physical format but I am open to given projects getting a premiere release as a Zappa ODD. Different kinds of projects fro different formats. I think the ZFT see the possibilities and are not as ignorant as some so called fans think. Why am I stressing the ODDs?, A bird told me.

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

Last edited by Trendmonger on Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:32 am 

Trendmonger wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:

Translation: Something might or might not happen at some time or not.

That's exactly right "Something might or might not happen at some time or not". That's a given. Look at the nature of the Raven. There are those who still believe that they can foretell good or bad luck by counting the ravens that flock in their proximity. The birds are giving us some clues, at this point it's all good but from a given perspective some are still awaiting a knight in shining armor. I have no problem being right or wrong with any speculation but it's clear I look at not only the clues and but also expect the unexpected. I think I am quite clear in mentioning that at some point, Zappa ODDs, that will give us the kind of releases that we have not seen. I think the ZFT see the possibilities and are not as ignorant as some so called fans think. Why am I stressing the ODDs?, A bird told me.

But, you are not speculating. You are elaborately saying - nothing.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:53 am 

That's a bunch of hogwash. Maybe that is just your view. People with vision are not saying nothing. I have always optimistically viewed beyond the obvious and fanatical want.Not that there is anything wrong with the fanatical want, what's strongly wanted in the fan polls, that is all good, I am clearly stating not only to expect the projects Gail has been speaking of but that I expect the unexpected. Clearly I am stating that is the expansion of the Zappa Official Digital Download Business. New Live Concerts, Nuggets.....

I have never been one afraid of taking chances, when it comes to speculation, be it if something is coming or the vault doors are slammed shut. I tend to think in many different angles. So do others. The shame is some pigeon hole the ZFT, putting some blame on them for not doing what they want or what other bands are doing with project types, formats and marketing.

I prefer listening to ravens, not pigeons. There is a guitarist in a Zappa cover band who shall go nameless. For years, during those dark ages of Ryko, remember when the Vault Doors were shut, I would listen to him trash Gail. I could only tell him to remain patient, that there were legalities that the average fan did not understand. Our thought process on new releases were at the furthest ends of the spectrum. Pointedly he was in an entire different galaxy. I have always been an optimist. Look at how far things have progressed. People that talk like that, baking in negativity towards Gail, I have learned to disregard their existence as a so called Zappa fan. There are so many legal and feasibility quotients many fans have absolutely have had no clue about. Now we are starting to learn of these things. Remember the doors to the Vault were closed for 10 years. Just look at how far we have come.

So if you need it again............Expect the Unexpected. Look for Zappa Official Digital Downloads to offer new project models.

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:05 am 

Trendmonger wrote:

That's a bunch of hogwash. Maybe that is just your view. People with vision are not saying nothing. I have always optimistically viewed beyond the obvious and fanatical want.Not that there is anything wrong with the fanatical want, what's strongly wanted in the fan polls, that is all good, I am clearly stating not only to expect the projects Gail has been speaking of but that I expect the unexpected. Clearly I am stating that is the expansion of the Zappa Official Digital Download Business. New Live Concerts, Nuggets.....

I have never been one afraid of taking chances, when it comes to speculation, be it if something is coming or the vault doors are slammed shut. I tend to think in many different angles. So do others. The shame is some pigeon hole the ZFT, putting some blame on them for not doing what they want or what other bands are doing with project types, formats and marketing.

I prefer listening to ravens, not pigeons. There is a guitarist in a Zappa cover band who shall go nameless. For years, during those dark ages of Ryko, remember when the Vault Doors were shut, I would listen to him trash Gail. I could only tell him to remain patient, that there were legalities that the average fan did not understand. Our thought process on new releases were at the furthest ends of the spectrum. Pointedly he was in an entire different galaxy. I have always been an optimist. Look at how far things have progressed. People that talk like that, baking in negativity towards Gail, I have learned to disregard their existence as a so called Zappa fan. There are so many legal and feasibility quotients many fans have absolutely have had no clue about. Now we are starting to learn of these things. Remember the doors to the Vault were closed for 10 years. Just look at how far we have come.

So if you need it again............Expect the Unexpected. Look for Zappa Official Digital Downloads to offer new project models.

I'm not trashing GZ. I'm trashing YOU, hopefully in equal measure to the amount that you trash this forum by being so negative towards the members of this forum. And you still haven't said anything. The most concrete thing you have almost said is that the ZFT will, at some time in the future, put out something. That is, indeed, nothing.
And you never remained patient with Andre. You simply had nothing to say on the matter until the ZFT had something to say on the matter. Another example of you long-windedly having nothing to say.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:27 am 

I'm not trashing GZ. I'm trashing YOU, hopefully in equal measure to the amount that you trash this forum by being so negative towards the members of this forum. And you still haven't said anything. The most concrete thing you have almost said is that the ZFT will, at some time in the future, put out something. That is, indeed, nothing.
And you never remained patient with Andre. You simply had nothing to say on the matter until the ZFT had something to say on the matter. Another example of you long-windedly having nothing to say.

Firstly,
I am not stating you trashed Gail but if anyone sides with Andre they are, knowingly or unknowingly, trashing Gail and Zappa's music.

Secondly,
As far as me lacking patience with Andre. You are totally out to lunch. I had seen that band of his so many times, long before Zappa.com, during the dark ages of Ryko, I spent a good amount of time talking with him, one on one regarding the future of the Zappa vault, I clearly understood his hidden agenda. I am not saying Andre never gave a plug during a live show for a Vaulternative release. Certainly I have heard him do so but it's a brouhaha for a moment on the live stage. Dateline 2002 when FZ:OZ was first released I had heard him do so, give a plug, but in that same period of time, as far as the pigeon trash that Andre shovels , I will boldly poot forth that I had one on one conversations with him at that time, in the same physical room with him where the details, context and intent he made about Gail and her business were clear, where he directly trashed Gail and how she was handling the vault. Extreme fowl talk where all I could say was there were things he in no way understood about the legalities of the Ryko Deal and the Vault being closed till that time. He would go on and on about King Crimson collector club that had started in 1998. I was appalled and could only suggest he optimistically look at things another way and remain patient. He did not want to hear it. His opinion was set in stone. It went back and forth, he was clear in his stance. He was crude and fowl with absolutely no objectivity or positive aura.

If in any way I trash members it is in regards to their trash. Clean up the piss and moaning. I am an extremely positive individual but when it comes to fans that piss and moan, trash any aspect of the ZFT, their trash is a puddle of piddle that I have battled since day one. People that side and have an alliance with that cover bands guitarists... . I can not say much positive about that. Surely I am on the other side of the fence. There was a time where they were performing, when the vault doors were shut and Zappa Plays Zappa had yet to tour. If a fan wanted live Zappa music, Ed Palermo Big Band, Andre's Band, that was a reminder of live Zappa music. It made me reminisce. Putting that aside, the individuals, their harsh name calling of Gail and her business, it just got to the point where I do not want to be anywhere near those kind of people. The voice of that cover band, the people that side with that cover band, not my kinda people.

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:53 am 

You scullion! You rampallian! You fustilarian! I'll tickle your catastrophe!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:38 am 

Oh grrrrrrrrrrrreat. Nostradumbass is at it again!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:11 am 

Trendmonger wrote:

Firstly,
I am not stating you trashed Gail but if anyone sides with Andre they are, knowingly or unknowingly, trashing Gail and Zappa's music.

Secondly,
As far as me lacking patience with Andre. You are totally out to lunch. I had seen that band of his so many times, long before Zappa.com, during the dark ages of Ryko, I spent a good amount of time talking with him, one on one regarding the future of the Zappa vault, I clearly understood his hidden agenda. I am not saying Andre never gave a plug during a live show for a Vaulternative release. Certainly I have heard him do so but it's a brouhaha for a moment on the live stage. Dateline 2002 when FZ:OZ was first released I had heard him do so, give a plug, but in that same period of time, as far as the pigeon trash that Andre shovels , I will boldly poot forth that I had one on one conversations with him at that time, in the same physical room with him where the details, context and intent he made about Gail and her business were clear, where he directly trashed Gail and how she was handling the vault. Extreme fowl talk where all I could say was there were things he in no way understood about the legalities of the Ryko Deal and the Vault being closed till that time. He would go on and on about King Crimson collector club that had started in 1998. I was appalled and could only suggest he optimistically look at things another way and remain patient. He did not want to hear it. His opinion was set in stone. It went back and forth, he was clear in his stance. He was crude and fowl with absolutely no objectivity or positive aura.

If in any way I trash members it is in regards to their trash. Clean up the piss and moaning. I am an extremely positive individual but when it comes to fans that piss and moan, trash any aspect of the ZFT, their trash is a puddle of piddle that I have battled since day one. People that side and have an alliance with that cover bands guitarists... . I can not say much positive about that. Surely I am on the other side of the fence. There was a time where they were performing, when the vault doors were shut and Zappa Plays Zappa had yet to tour. If a fan wanted live Zappa music, Ed Palermo Big Band, Andre's Band, that was a reminder of live Zappa music. It made me reminisce. Putting that aside, the individuals, their harsh name calling of Gail and her business, it just got to the point where I do not want to be anywhere near those kind of people. The voice of that cover band, the people that side with that cover band, not my kinda people.

More negativity, it never ends. Funny how I remember that you used to say that band was "in the ballpark", hahaha. Yer so negative that even your compliments are insults.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:49 am 

In regards to the Roxy Soundtrack. It's quite obvious Frank was also interested in the Elsewhere. In no way am I suggesting the Roxy Soundtrack contain Elsewhere's, I am suggesting different projects for that.

In addition to the Roxy Soundtrack, in looking at feasible releases I am thinking of Elsewhere's as companions to the Roxy Soundtrack. Surely there can be more than one form of companion, in different formats, in different space and times. I would expect the Roxy Soundtrack to be physical format project but if we are going to have two companions, why not a live concert from the previous tour in Europe, let's say as a Zappa Official Digital Download, and then when the DVD project is ready an Elsewhere companion from the USA, October-December, 1973 on physical CD.

These are just thoughts, surely many folks are also interested in February-July, 1973 but pointedly in connection with Roxy, there is an evolution of the Elsewhere that would be very nice to hear in TWO Elsewhere companions.

Imaginary Release Schedule

1) Elsewhere Prequel- Full Show Europe August-September, 1973 Zappa ODD. Halloween 11'
2) Roxy Soundtrack Zappadan 11'
3) Elsewhere CD October-December, 1973 (one show or compilation from different shows) Halloween 2012
4) ROXY DVD Zappadan 2012.
5) ROXY Box Set ( All of the above and additional nuggets. Prequel included in Physical CD) Zappadan 2012

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:05 am 

Shut the fucking fuck up!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:15 am 

jaypfunk wrote:
Shut the fucking fuck up!

I guess you are talking to all the mother boxes that you are in. As you rape them in your imaginary world I wonder if you are using a condom. Where LOCATION "Your Mothers Box" is in your profile, maybe this is how you talk to woman and people in general. A perpetuated STFU and I am going to fuck your world as a obtrusive attack.

I stand for integrity of all mothers. It's obvious some mothers were not fit to be a mother but even in the most dire circumstances anyone that feels the need to further degrade and humiliate a mom has no class. At least I don't have to worry about you attempting to get into my mothers box, she passed away some time ago.

Everyone has a mother and you show absolutely no respect for anyone and their mother. I really have to wonder how old you are at this point. I assume about 50 still awaiting to graduate from kindergarten.

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:37 am 

Trendmonger wrote:
... At least I don't have to worry about you attempting to get into my mothers box, she passed away some time ago.

What kind of person talks about their own mother like that?

So, you've gone from not saying something to saying anything. I'm not sure yet which is worse.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:45 am 

Trendmonger wrote:
... At least I don't have to worry about you attempting to get into my mothers box, she passed away some time ago.

So, you've gone from not saying something to saying anything. I'm not sure yet which is worse.

Please clarify. Anyone who has a mom has a right to have concerns for how she is treated. All I was stating is that I don't have to worry about that kind of individual being anywhere in the general vicinity of my mother. Jayp's offensive LOCATION is the leading dialog. But then again you never know, maybe we should still all have concerns for people like Jayp. There are people that go around digging up graves, idolize and emulate the Marquis de Sade. If someone is walking with a sign post that reads, LOCATION: In Your Mothers Box, I think anyone should have a general or elevated concern of that form of individual being anywhere near their mother.

My mother led a lifestyle that I respect. Anyone who even infers differently or treats her memory differently I am going to have an issue with.

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:00 am 

Trendmonger wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:

Please clarify. Anyone who has a mom has a right to have concerns for how she is treated. All I was stating is that I don't have to worry about that kind of individual being anywhere in the general vicinity of my mother. Jayp's offensive LOCATION is the leading dialog. But then again you never know, maybe we should still all have concerns for people like Jayp. There are people that go around digging up graves, idolize and emulate the Marquis de Sade. If someone is walking with a sign post that reads, LOCATION: In Your Mothers Box, I think anyone should have a general or elevated concern of that form of individual being anywhere near their mother.

My mother led a lifestyle that I respect. Anyone who even infers differently or treats her memory differently I am going to have an issue with.

Clarify? Since when have you been all about clarity?
JP is totally consistant and one of the most respected FZ fans I've ever heard of, albeit his taste in humor best left to individuals, hahaha. You on the other hand only have integrity as far as your lips reach the ZFT's ass, and talking about one's own mother's box is not something I understand, you clarify if you want, I think that is a topic that is best left, um... mum.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:02 am 

Well it was you who thoug I was not saying something. There is always something in what I say. Maybe it's a bhit more clear to you at this point, maybe not, but if you wwant to dilate your thought on my specific Imaginary Project 7 Release Schedule I have no problem talking about it.

Dateline 2002, You see you think I never gave Andre a chance, I gave him plenty of chances to talk and get into dialog on future project feasibility from the vault. Unfortunately he was like many Zappa fans that were extremely sore and pissed off because their Zappa Morphine Needle was not being filled with the fix that they needed. It was far worse than just that, he went on with diatribe speaking very bad of Gal, outwardly calling her names, that is all extremely childish. Is she easy to do business with, maybe not but I am able to separate my fanatical want from project plans, timeline and legal issues many of us do not fully understand. It was always easy for me to be Zen about it because I always felt the ZFT were in control and that it was clear the 10 year period inhibited project feasibility. I am an optimist in the most dire times.

It's 10 years later now and somehow the bitching, pissing and moaning continues. I am really starting to see some change their tune and get sick of it. I have always been sick of it. If you want to talk optimistically about the following, or even criticize feasibility in a cordial manner I have no issues with that but that fanatical bitch faucet that is not my idea of a good time.

1) Elsewhere Prequel- Full Show Europe August-September, 1973 Zappa ODD. Halloween 11'
3) Elsewhere CD October-December, 1973 (one show or compilation from different shows) Halloween 2012
5) ROXY Box Set ( All of the above and additional nuggets. Prequel included in Physical CD) Zappadan 2012

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:09 am 

Trendmonger wrote:

If only she had passed away before you were conceived.

:mrgreen:

Imaginary releases:

Zappa plays Zappa plays Zappa: Diva Zappa knits an entire cd of Dweezil tuning all of his guitars in order of the year they were manufactured. Halloween '11

Trendy plays Zappa: 2 cd's of Trendmonger drooling, farting, and talking about celebrities who should be kept as pets. Xmas '11

Gail plays Zappa: 4 cd set of Gail Zappa playing the solo from Inca Roads on fine china and muffin pans. Halloween '12.

Carnegie Hall Live at Carnegie Hall: 3 cd's recorded at Carnegie Hall on a night when there was no concert and no one was in the venue. Pure, crystal clear sounds of an empty concert hall for your wonderment. Bonus disc: The sounds of the custodian sweeping up the backstage area. The legendary Carnegie acoustics have never been so noticeable. Halloween '13.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:10 am 

Trendmonger wrote:

Well it was you who thoug I was not saying something. There is always something in what I say. Maybe it's a bhit more clear to you at this point, maybe not, but if you wwant to dilate your thought on my specific Imaginary Project 7 Release Schedule I have no problem talking about it.

Dateline 2002, You see you think I never gave Andre a chance, I gave him plenty of chances to talk and get into dialog on future project feasibility from the vault. Unfortunately he was like many Zappa fans that were extremely sore and pissed off because their Zappa Morphine Needle was not being filled with the fix that they needed. It was far worse than just that, he went on with diatribe speaking very bad of Gal, outwardly calling her names, that is all extremely childish. Is she easy to do business with, maybe not but I am able to separate my fanatical want from project plans, timeline and legal issues many of us do not fully understand. It was always easy for me to be Zen about it because I always felt the ZFT were in control and that it was clear the 10 year period inhibited project feasibility. I am an optimist in the most dire times.

It's 10 years later now and somehow the bitching, pissing and moaning continues. I am really starting to see some change their tune and get sick of it. I have always been sick of it. If you want to talk optimistically about the following, or even criticize feasibility in a cordial manner I have no issues with that but that fanatical bitch faucet that is not my idea of a good time.

Yes, the above is you saying anything. There is a ton of material from the Roxy Era that the ZFT can choose from and you've basically made a list of a 1/2 ton of stuff. How very precise you are.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:28 am 

who the fuck is treating anybody like anything? IT'S WORDS ON A SCREEN FOR FUCK SAKE, YOU BOOB!! Go back into your hole, dingleberry