Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:38 am 

The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
Clarify? Since when have you been all about clarity?
JP is totally consistant and one of the most respected FZ fans I've ever heard of, albeit his taste in humor best left to individuals, hahaha. You on the other hand only have integrity as far as your lips reach the ZFT's ass, and talking about one's own mother's box is not something I understand, you clarify if you want, I think that is a topic that is best left, um... mum.

BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE!!

Hey Trendy.... Now go home and get your fuckin' shine box!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:39 am 

Zappadan? What a fucking cornball!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:18 am 

Mmmh... 200 Motels 40th anniversary on Blu-ray Disc?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:41 am 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:26 pm 

downer mydnyte wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:
... At least I don't have to worry about you attempting to get into my mothers box, she passed away some time ago.

If only she had passed away before you were conceived.

:mrgreen:

Imaginary releases:

Zappa plays Zappa plays Zappa: Diva Zappa knits an entire cd of Dweezil tuning all of his guitars in order of the year they were manufactured. Halloween '11

Trendy plays Zappa: 2 cd's of Trendmonger drooling, farting, and talking about celebrities who should be kept as pets. Xmas '11

Gail plays Zappa: 4 cd set of Gail Zappa playing the solo from Inca Roads on fine china and muffin pans. Halloween '12.

Carnegie Hall Live at Carnegie Hall: 3 cd's recorded at Carnegie Hall on a night when there was no concert and no one was in the venue. Pure, crystal clear sounds of an empty concert hall for your wonderment. Bonus disc: The sounds of the custodian sweeping up the backstage area. The legendary Carnegie acoustics have never been so noticeable. Halloween '13.

Haha, this really cracked me up. It's worth a nomination for best reply of the year.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:18 pm 

Why do you do it Arkay? It's like you've got a massively disgusting boil that you keep squeezing and yet it keeps offering up pus. Why not get it properly lanced and sutured once and for all? He's worse than Isaac, who could at least hide behind being an actual juvenile, for what that's worth (probably not much). You can't rationalise with the guy, you might as well try and teach quantum mechanics to a dog. I don't get it given how long you've been coming here.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:21 pm 

THE YELLOW SHARK DVD

that way the ZFT will give something for everyone this year.
synclavier, Flo and Eddie and orchestral.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:05 pm 

My_Name_Is_Fritz wrote:
downer mydnyte wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:
... At least I don't have to worry about you attempting to get into my mothers box, she passed away some time ago.

Imaginary releases:

Zappa plays Zappa plays Zappa: Diva Zappa knits an entire cd of Dweezil tuning all of his guitars in order of the year they were manufactured. Halloween '11

Trendy plays Zappa: 2 cd's of Trendmonger drooling, farting, and talking about celebrities who should be kept as pets. Xmas '11

Gail plays Zappa: 4 cd set of Gail Zappa playing the solo from Inca Roads on fine china and muffin pans. Halloween '12.

Carnegie Hall Live at Carnegie Hall: 3 cd's recorded at Carnegie Hall on a night when there was no concert and no one was in the venue. Pure, crystal clear sounds of an empty concert hall for your wonderment. Bonus disc: The sounds of the custodian sweeping up the backstage area. The legendary Carnegie acoustics have never been so noticeable. Halloween '13.

Haha, this really cracked me up. It's worth a nomination for best reply of the year.

I know - I was in a gas station, getting new winter tyres, browsing the forum on cell phone while the guys (who wound up there) were working - LOL - Downer's reply is one good reason for visiting in these absurd times...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:37 am 

polydigm wrote:
Why do you do it Arkay? It's like you've got a massively disgusting boil that you keep squeezing and yet it keeps offering up pus. Why not get it properly lanced and sutured once and for all? He's worse than Isaac, who could at least hide behind being an actual juvenile, for what that's worth (probably not much). You can't rationalise with the guy, you might as well try and teach quantum mechanics to a dog. I don't get it given how long you've been coming here.

I guess it is irrational at this point, but it is probably major surgery to resolve an irrational habit. Fish gotta swim and I gotta call an asshole an asshole.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:36 pm 

THRUSH
Edit; Thrush refers to Trendmonger. His new name should be Thrush :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:59 pm 

My guess is a '73 show w/ Ponty, if not by the end of the year. No coincidence that ZPZ was playing Fifty-Fifty(instr) this summer. Still hoping Beefheart's "Bat Chain Puller" is out soon too.

Went to a CD/record show this past Sunday. Saw a bunch of DVD bootlegs in almost legit looking covers like Yellow Shark & Paris '80 going for $20 a pop. 10-15 yrs ago, I might have grabbed them. I have patience & faith that ZFT will release these in the next 5 yrs or so.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:15 am 

GZ sez, re: dvd

Added: October 27th, 2011 in Questions
On Oct 24, 2011, at 7:12 AM, mike vogel wrote:

How about releasing another Frank Zappa DVD?

Gail: Good idea. Watch the skies

We'll know over the weekend...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:05 am 

Dark Clothes wrote:
GZ sez, re: dvd

Added: October 27th, 2011 in Questions
On Oct 24, 2011, at 7:12 AM, mike vogel wrote:

How about releasing another Frank Zappa DVD?

Gail: Good idea. Watch the skies

We'll know over the weekend...

I'm so excited!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:22 am 

Dark Clothes wrote:
Gail: Good idea. Watch the skies[/i]

I have and all I see is clouds and shit. :mrgreen:

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:35 am 

Fred_Zappelin wrote:
My guess is a '73 show w/ Ponty, if not by the end of the year. No coincidence that ZPZ was playing Fifty-Fifty(instr) this summer.

I like your thought process here. I quite enjoy the evolution that leads up to the Roxy performances in December 73' and following tour, while no Ponty that tour forward could very well be a release. Where we already have several projects that include some wonderful KCETV live stuff, they are limited in content. Speaking of DVDs, that KCETV show is one on my want list for a very long time. Frank Filipetti, cryptically spoke of that quite a while back, so a Video or CD from that Full Show is always something that is always in Front, Back, 3D, HD & Surround Sound regions of my mind. Gail has us watching the skies for a video project.

I am not downplaying any given tour, studio work, but the evolution, and how that ties into some of the arrangements DZPZ have done live. Sometimes we even see DZPZ perform arrangements that are scheduled for a release. I had suggested a Zappa Official Digital Download from one of the live Euro 73' shows, which had been the tour just before the late 73' US tour with Roxy shows being in December. Going back to earlier in 73', something from the Early 73' US Tour or Australian Tour, which also includes Ponty in the band, that is broadening the scope of a most welcomed project. I believe there are 3 tours with Ponty in 73', Early 73' US, Australia 73 & Euro 73'.

Zappa Official Digital Download from 73' with Ponty?
I am leaning towards a Euro 73' show with Ponty.
KCETV Video?
This is the Expected Unexpected.

EDIT NOTE:
There may be some people out there that are quite knowledgeable on what Frank was using to record his live shows in 73' & 74'. There could be show by show differences or tour by tour differences in recording equipment. That period of evolution of live source masters, my gut feeling tells me KCETV 74' had some very good tapes that Frank Filipetti worked with to come up with future DVD & CD projects. Now it's clear that the ZFT do not only go out and hire these engineers but get deeply involved themselves. Years ago we had seen interviews of DZ getting involved with creating new surround masters but my guess is legal horrors have got in the way. I really look forward to live 73' shows, I just don't think the 73' source tapes, up to the Australian Tour, are as good as 74' at KCETV. It is also going to be very interesting to hear the live Roxy shows without overdubs. Some expect little differences, I expect a totally new audio journey. Surely I am very much eager to hear any live show with Ponty from 73' but sound quality of the source tapes, my gut feeling tells me that the 74' KCETV sources are far more workable to achieving totally amazing live sound. Regardless I am also looking into more of the ZFTs direct involvement. 74' KCETV may have the superior live sound without overdubs.

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:09 am 

Thank you Nostradumbass!!!

Last edited by jaypfunk on Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:27 am 

I hope Fillipetti is not involved.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:52 am 

Bet ya ten bucks it is a download.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:11 pm 

downer mydnyte wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:

Imaginary releases:

Man, that had me in stitches. Quality. As for trendy, not been here long- certainly exposed to him- but I'm amazed I felt sorry for him initially....

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:41 pm 

Joe's Domage II

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:16 am 

I wonder if the new flash intro has anything to do with the upcoming release

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:21 am 

WTF, when I clicked on the new intro it locked up my computer, never going back.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:49 am 

Soracha wrote:
I wonder if the new flash intro has anything to do with the upcoming release

Nah, that's been used in prior Halloweens....

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:23 am 

I see. I hope I'll wake up tomorrow with a barfko-mail in my inbox. They usually arrive in the middle of the night in this time zone.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:54 am 

My_Name_Is_Fritz wrote:
downer mydnyte wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:

Imaginary releases:

Dark Clothes wrote:
Downer's reply is one good reason for visiting in these absurd times...

BloodSugar00 wrote:
Man, that had me in stitches. Quality.

:) Thanks for posting. If I made one person smile it was worth it :mrgreen: