Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:00 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:11 pm 

The "mistakes", "miscues", or "adlibs" of live performances is what makes them unique and fun...just as long as the music in general doesn't sound like shit... :smoke:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:39 pm 

penguin in bondage wrote:
... the missing lines. I didn't realize just how many were taken out. I wonder why that decision was made and who made it. Maybe that's why it's called "Yellow Snow" ...

all things considered,
ultimately,
when all is said & done,
the bottom line is that,
fundamentally,
at the end of the day,
in effect,
essentially,
in the long run,
for all intents & purposes,
basically,
on the whole,
what we generally speaking have here is chiefly a:

don't eat the yellow snow sampler

Last edited by slime.oofytv.set on Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:42 pm 

slime.oofytv.set wrote:
. . . what we generally speaking have here is chiefly a:

don't eat the yellow snow sampler [/color]

I don't have the time compare it right now but, I'm curious, is this perhaps the same edit that's featured on Strictly Commercial?

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:58 pm 

PenguinInBondage wrote:
slime.oofytv.set wrote:

I don't have the time compare it right now but, I'm curious, is this perhaps the same edit that's featured on Strictly Commercial?

The Strictley Commercial Version was the Radio version that was a top 100 hit in the 70's, actually the song in that version had very strong appeal and was widely played on stations that would normally go no where near FZ music and it was being listened to and sang by a lot of tight ass plastic people who would normally hate FZ music...the power of a good tune is astounding...

:smoke:

Post subject: re: shilling for the zft
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:20 am 

Image monger wrote:
... the thought of placing my hand on my FZ collection...
which consists, in it's entirety, of 3 bd bundle downloads, cheap thrills 2 [bought used], & a scratchy copy of fillmore e

psd wrote:
It seems to me that everything Trendy knows about anything can fit in the palm of his hand, much like his dick...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:21 am 

PenguinInBondage wrote:
Zut_boF wrote:
I had Itune, i downloaded again & still cant get the this Bundle.
Do i need to delete Itune before re installing??

Better try Apple's customer support. :wink:

ok i got it the link from zappa.com lead me in itune but the page didnt reconise i have itune installed, so i copy past the exacte title of the release in Itune store and i could download it.

Listening...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:30 pm 

I will listen later, just downloaded the actual FZ performances and sucked it up and got Penguin In Bondage as well.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:21 pm 

The people at Zappa.com or the ZFT must be a bunch of idiots, the itunes store is only available in a limited number of countries. how Zappa fans from non itunes-store countries can purchase this kind of albums ?
I think I’d better forget about Zappa and buy Britney spears or Barry manilow albums instead, at least they are available everywhere to anybody who wants to buy them. well, who cares anyway...
(phaze II) :mrgreen: :smoke:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:22 pm 

So I've landed from the third stone from the sun and gave the topic a quick once over. The cackling hens that have overtly pooted forth with negativity, specifically where artists use their children on their recordings. I want to expand a thought on that.

This is supposed to be a Zappa forum, where one would hope to find somewhat educated fans, who are possibly well rehearsed in comprehending the works of Frank Zappa. Within this running dialog in this topic, the points made where fanatical complaints of children contributing to the works of any given artist, I don't believe a single forum member has mentioned “What The Fuck’s Wrong With Her?”. Now being that Lumpy Gravy was Frank Zappa's favorite album I would think fans paid closer attention to all the building blocks of that project.

It's not my job to educate the so called fans of this forum on that but in closing, and I find it fitting at this time, I wish Moon Unit Zappa Zappa and her daughter Mathilda Plum peace and happiness.

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:28 pm 

I made a file called 'bundles' wherein I just bought the real FZ tracks and stuck them in. Trendy, that was (in LM) an extra snippet showing how baby Moon reacted to a particular sound Frank was developing for LG in an apartment in NYC, it was not an integral part of anything, just a cute throwaway bit that was fun to listen to, it was NOT a part of 'conceptual continuity' or else Frank would have included the whole bit in LG when it was originally released.

Buy what you want, I will do the same.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:38 pm 

tweezers wrote:
I made a file called 'bundles' wherein I just bought the real FZ tracks and stuck them in. Trendy, that was (in LM) an extra snippet showing how baby Moon reacted to a particular sound Frank was developing for LG in an apartment in NYC, it was not an integral part of anything, just a cute throwaway bit that was fun to listen to, it was NOT a part of 'conceptual continuity' or else Frank would have included the whole bit in LG when it was originally released.

Buy what you want, I will do the same.

Liek I said "where one would hope to find somewhat educated fans, who are possibly well rehearsed in comprehending the works of Frank Zappa"

For example where you state just a cute throwaway bit that was fun to listen to.

Frank did not throw it away. It was very much a part of 1967. He created the work, kept it, took it back to LA and archived it in his vault, it exists as the composers work, it exists within the Zappa Family Archival Matter In Living Ylem.To specifically state it is not part of the "Conceptual Continuity" is an extreme level of ignorance of how the composer went about his work.

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:43 pm 

Now just to be very clear my statement read "Now being that Lumpy Gravy was Frank Zappa's favorite album I would think fans paid closer attention to all the building blocks of that project."

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:03 pm 

Trendmonger wrote:
So I've landed from the third stone from the sun and gave the topic a quick once over. The cackling hens that have overtly pooted forth with negativity, specifically where artists use their children on their recordings. I want to expand a thought on that.

This is supposed to be a Zappa forum, where one would hope to find somewhat educated fans, who are possibly well rehearsed in comprehending the works of Frank Zappa. Within this running dialog in this topic, the points made where fanatical complaints of children contributing to the works of any given artist, I don't believe a single forum member has mentioned “What The Fuck’s Wrong With Her?”. Now being that Lumpy Gravy was Frank Zappa's favorite album I would think fans paid closer attention to all the building blocks of that project.

It's not my job to educate the so called fans of this forum on that but in closing, and I find it fitting at this time, I wish Moon Unit Zappa Zappa and her daughter Mathilda Plum peace and happiness.

It IS a Zappa forum. We can talk about whatever we want. Are you in love with rules or something? As long as you are the one making them! What is this, the Third Reich? I'll discuss my opinions on the works of Frank Zappa with you anytime. You generally ignore all of my responses to your posts. You are the one that needs to be educated. Zappa was very negative at times. You don't think Zappa fans should be allowed to be critical or negative on a Zappa forum? Your take on Zappa music is bullshit to me, but you're allowed to say it. I'm allowed to call this release a bunch of shit. I don't give a damn what Zappa's favorite album was/is/will ever be. I don't need to pretend I like it just because Frank Zappa liked it. I don't remember Zappa ever kissing the asses of his influences.

I have comprehended the works of Frank Zappa. I understand the stuff I don't care for. Do you have all of the answers? Tell me this....
Why do you take so much pride in being aware of what someone else has done?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:04 pm 

I have to remind myself not to read his posts. It just conjures up hate.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:06 pm 

PenguinInBondage wrote:
slime.oofytv.set wrote:

Yes, it's the very same edit. Outro and all.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:40 pm 

I have no interest in this release unless it has Frank playing on it. Done. I also am not responsible for anyone's reactions to what I say. That is their own problem. YOU choose how you digest someone else's words or thoughts. Trend can say anything he wants. It means nothing to me. Unless I want it to.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:27 am 

If he had been among us, Frank would surely have dismissed that crap before Trendmonger could say FANASKEPTOSAURUSES even once... Unless of course mr. Titone would have followed a totally different sycophantic course in FZ's presence than this Third Reich Über Fan Shit.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:42 am 

Phlakaton wrote:
I ... am not responsible for anyone's reactions to what I say. That is their own problem. YOU choose how you digest someone else's words or thoughts. Trend can say anything he wants. It means nothing to me. Unless I want it to.
Precisely.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:18 am 

Trendmonger wrote:
Click on the cover art of each AAAFNRAA Birthday Bundlement project and you will get a detailed Artist Listing.

Sure hope they fix the omission of Ike Willis from Peaches (Vienna 88) - especially given Frank's comments on the 'deluxe version' in The Real FZ Book.

Zappa music and much, much MOO-AH!
www.FestivalMoo-AH.com

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:37 am 

Soracha wrote:
PenguinInBondage wrote:
slime.oofytv.set wrote:

Yes, it's the very same edit. Outro and all.

Again this was the radio version that was a Top 40 hit, as an satisifying as it may seem, it produced enough income to help carry Frank to his long productive career... :smoke:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:42 am 

Dark Clothes wrote:
If he had been among us, Frank would surely have dismissed that crap before Trendmonger could say FANASKEPTOSAURUSES even once... Unless of course mr. Titone would have followed a totally different sycophantic course in FZ's presence than this Third Reich Über Fan Shit.

Get it straight the new term for so called fans with overt negativity towards any given instance of thw composers work is "Cackling Hens", and speaking of Jimi Hendrix's involvement with We're Only In It For The Money and but also Lumpy Money, thank you very much, your presence is still with us .

I can't say how happy I am that I do not spend much time here at this forum. I rarely see intellectual debate of art. Since the place first went live it has often been overrun by overt adolescent critical analysis of the Zappa Family Trust and Franks work within the Zappa Family Archival Matter In Living Ylem. It's far more perverse than a parent worrying about what little Annie does when she goes to town and all the creeps she hangs around. The relationship fans have with the composers work...., I'm speaking of those with overt negativity towards the composers work, that is something I have never had much tolerance for. The composers work has had far too many levers on it for decades and my tolerance for any overt negativity is slim. I am NOT asking or stating that people have to enjoy the entire big note as I do but more-so heed some respect and let the composers work stand on it's own without all this overt negativity spin doctored into a school yard forum. The truth that the composers work deserves is for it to live in peace and that we all encourage everyone to remove all levers against it. Fans have their overt negativity bow ties too tight.

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Last edited by Trendmonger on Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:23 am 

Trendmonger wrote:
Get it straight...

Get bent.
Oh wait, yer already bending over

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:13 pm 

Trendmonger wrote:
Dark Clothes wrote:

Get it straight the new term for so called fans with overt negativity towards any given instance of thw composers work is "Cackling Hens", and speaking of Jimi Hendrix's involvement with We're Only In It For The Money and but also Lumpy Money, thank you very much, your presence is still with us .

I can't say how happy I am that I do not spend much time here at this forum. I rarely see intellectual debate of art. Since the place first went live it has often been overrun by overt adolescent critical analysis of the Zappa Family Trust and Franks work within the Zappa Family Archival Matter In Living Ylem. It's far more perverse than a parent worrying about what little Annie does when she goes to town and all the creeps she hangs around. The relationship fans have with the composers work...., I'm speaking of those with overt negativity towards the composers work, that is something I have never had much tolerance for. The composers work has had far too many levers on it for decades and my tolerance for any overt negativity is slim. I am NOT asking or stating that people have to enjoy the entire big note as I do but more-so heed some respect and let the composers work stand on it's own without all this overt negativity spin doctored into a school yard forum. The truth that the composers work deserves is for it to live in peace and that we all encourage everyone to remove all levers against it. Fans have their overt negativity bow ties too tight.

What are you talking about "little Annie" (?) I am an FZ fan, not his fucking disciple and he is, unfortunately, dead so he can't express himself and I do not always think the ZFT, because they are related to him 'channel' his thoughts from the grave.

The reason I liked Frank, and (shhh - don't have me arrested) he was as full of shit as anyone else sometimes, is that he demanded that you THINK FOR YOURSELF. So, guess what? If he wanted the part about Moon crying on Lumpy Gravy in 1967, he would have put it in. Why he saved every bit of tape (except mucho hours from the Garrick) is his own damn business and if I hear something he did not deem fit to put on the final product in one of the anniversary compilations I can deem it to be "throwaway" material because I am old and can say what the fuck I want to.

Stop being so judgemental, and accept that if only people with your point of view bought ZFT product they might only sell ONE copy of each release.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:11 pm 

tweezers wrote:
What are you talking about "little Annie" (?) I am an FZ fan, not his fucking disciple and he is, unfortunately, dead so he can't express himself and I do not always think the ZFT, because they are related to him 'channel' his thoughts from the grave.

The reason I liked Frank, and (shhh - don't have me arrested) he was as full of shit as anyone else sometimes, is that he demanded that you THINK FOR YOURSELF. So, guess what? If he wanted the part about Moon crying on Lumpy Gravy in 1967, he would have put it in. Why he saved every bit of tape (except mucho hours from the Garrick) is his own damn business and if I hear something he did not deem fit to put on the final product in one of the anniversary compilations I can deem it to be "throwaway" material because I am old and can say what the fuck I want to.

Stop being so judgemental, and accept that if only people with your point of view bought ZFT product they might only sell ONE copy of each release.

well said Tweezers!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:16 pm 

Trendy thinks he's being clever and wants to prove to you that he has memorized the lyrics from Whats the Ugliest... :

Where did Annie go
When she went to town?
Who are all those creeps
That she brings around?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next