Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:36 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:36 am 

If done right and marketed correctly with proper distribution the ROXY DVD could be MASSIVE. People have been waiting forever for this and if it is truly going to be released soon they need to start a hype campaign NOW!

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 6:53 am 

I think you are right, and the 2012 re-releases fit in nicely with that. When RYKO put out the catalogue they did a great job of proting it

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:02 am 

<insert hype promo here> :mrgreen:

I agree! Something more than "we've got something special coming up for you on this date" - with nothing coming on that date. :cry:

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:12 am 

I know many not-so-hardcore Zappa fans who have lost any interest in posthumous ZFT "activities" many years ago. And I know many hardcore Zappa fans (including myself) who are in the process of loosing any interest right now.

Thinman

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:03 am 

The iconoclastic model of selling product created by a musical iconoclast does not result in an expanding market.

(OMG, I couod be a marketing guru, I could be a contender, Great Googlie Mooglies :D )

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:07 pm 

MentalTossFlycoon wrote:
Phlakaton wrote:
I like turtles.

Me too: particularly sea turtles...

8)

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:38 pm 

jaypfunk wrote:
If done right and marketed correctly with proper distribution the ROXY DVD could be MASSIVE. People have been waiting forever for this and if it is truly going to be released soon they need to start a hype campaign NOW!

Yep.

And as long as one of the editions is released as at least a 3-disc set (which is likely), I firmly believe The Roxy Performances DVD would quickly sell at least Gold (50,000 units or 16,666 sets) or possibly even eventually Platinum (100,000 units or 33,333 sets) status in the US alone...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:28 am 

BWAHAHAHAHA! Good one Fido!

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 3:22 pm 

Thinman wrote:
I know many not-so-hardcore Zappa fans who have lost any interest in posthumous ZFT "activities" many years ago. And I know many hardcore Zappa fans (including myself) who are in the process of loosing any interest right now.

Thinman

As positive as always Thinman, your attitude gives future fans so much to look forward to. Thanks for your continued support.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 3:40 pm 

Thinman wrote:

Thinman

shut the fuck up already! seriously.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:31 pm 

vaultmeister wrote:
As positive as always Thinman, your attitude gives future fans so much to look forward to. Thanks for your continued support.

Then just don't make announcements to announcements that don't come. You might have problems with my attitude, but you don't have problems with the money I spent on ZFT product for decades, I presume.

Th.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:59 am 

jaypfunk wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:43 am 

Thinman wrote:
vaultmeister wrote:

Then just don't make announcements to announcements that don't come. You might have problems with my attitude, but you don't have problems with the money I spent on ZFT product for decades, I presume.

Th.

Thinman your a born liar.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:47 am 

I keep checking here to see if there is real news. People, we are not going to change their business model. I am guessing that Gail is not set up to take the subscription money so she isn't making any announcements. I really hope someone promotes the 2012 re-releases somehow, or when we die, so will the legacy.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:52 am 

No need to care about Zappa releases in June when ya got the 3cd CAN Lost Tapes and the previously unknown Beefheart Beat Club footage on dvd coming out this month. That's enough to keep me busy until the ZFT announces something.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:00 am 

brainpang wrote:
… the 3cd CAN Lost Tapes …

Right. I had just ordered that one yesterday.

http://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/detail/-/lang/en/currency/EUR/hnum/2614990/art/Can-The-Lost-Tapes

Th.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:13 am 

tweezers wrote:
I keep checking here to see if there is real news.

:mrgreen: :smoke: I'm gonna go take a pee break - let me know if I miss anything.... :wink:

Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:32 am 

vaultmeister wrote:
Oh, and speaking of positiveness: Wouldn't HO be a much better release if you could hear O'Hearn playing on it? Why take the bass track out of the mix? Come on, vm, give us a clue!??!

-- kindest regards, le voix du buffalo :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:34 am 

Tact and timing, my friend. :roll:

Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:38 am 

PenguinInBondage wrote:
Tact and timing, my friend. :roll:

Yupp, I wish they had it when mixing the stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:05 am 

PenguinInBondage wrote:

:mrgreen: :smoke: I'm gonna go take a pee break - let me know if I miss anything.... :wink:

So that was a literal rather than a metaphorical pee break?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:13 am 

Caputh wrote:
So that was a literal rather than a metaphorical pee break?

HA! Get this..... <whispers> it was both!

Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:13 am 

PenguinInBondage wrote:
tweezers wrote:
I keep checking here to see if there is real news.

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT;
It's been 45 years ago today that Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band was released. So they're re-releasing all the FZ BeaTles tunes,without paying royalties of course,in a really cute container ala melting popcycles! 4 colors,each color corrasponds to a BeaTle.Such fun!

We get 4 colored balloons too! :mrgreen:

...and on today,June 1st,in`67 The Jefferson Airplane lipsinked White Rabbit on American Bandstand.Dick Clark then interveiwed Otis Redding by phone. 8)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:01 pm 

Thinman wrote:

Th.

Whatever dude.
You have made it quite clear over the years here at this forum and elsewhere online what your agenda is. There isn't anything you say or have said in the past that is going to change a single thing. It is what it is. The mere fact that you continually and constantly make the choice to be negative and miserable.........................well, it kinda speaks for itself...doesn't it?

To anyone reading this, I very rarely respond to people's comments here and otherwise, I know you can't please everyone. And everyone is entitled to their opinions. Places like this are made for these discussions and I find it very interesting to read what people are saying & how they feel. I really do take time to keep up on it, even if I choose to be silent. It's just better that way. But after awhile, sometimes it's really hard to stay silent when certain individuals and their commentary, after years of it, just rain on the parade. It's gets to be a little much after awhile and hard to take. I know my comments are only going to add fuel to the fire, I'm sure this is exactly what he wants. In fact, you will all have to endure reading my quote as part of his signature from here on in. He must be proud. And with that, you will not hear me engage with him again. People just choose to be a douche, I just wish they would have enough sense to know when to quit. Sadly, they don't. I apologize for lowering myself to play his game & even acknowledge the spew. But, I guess this just caught me on a bad day. Ok, now back to your regularly scheduled program. Have at it!
Joe

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:50 pm 

vaultmeister wrote:
I really do take time to keep up on it, even if I choose to be silent. It's just better that way.

Sorry Mr Travers, but You're totally wrong on this one - along with the Zappa Family Trust. How easy it would be to simply answer the questions, to give correct information, no false promises... The ZFT seems to forget, that people are here because they LOVE the music and FZ, and would like to get more - AND pay for it. And with unkept promises... rude or un-undestandable answers... (I'm mostly thinking of GZ here) you all just turn the fanbase against you. Pity.

Now it turned out that anyone who's about to get information about the great composer now will NOT come to this homepage for information, but to other places (that hopefully won't be banned...). It a big big pity. A shame.

I just don't understand, why just one, any of you at ZFT take 5 minutes and give us a few sort and simple answers, informations? It's really sad that You yourself only break your silence when You feel it to be personal and go against somebody; it just - as you said - adds fuel on the fire.

Why are you doing this, why make Us your enemies?... We are - we would like to be - on Your side....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next