Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:39 am 

Some of the catalogue not available and Lots of people crying over Fuck all,FZ stopped most LP's for years and years thats why i hate vinyl 8)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:03 pm 

yowza wrote:
"The $8.98 purchase price does not entitle you to a kiss on the foot from the composer or performer in exchange for a spin on the family Victrola."

hehehehehehe

quote of the century!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:03 pm 

Thinman is a twatface!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:34 pm 

"Lawd, they make you sleepy with the stuff they might say (hey-yeah hey...)"
Joe, you are right.
If you haven't shakin' your frustration, may I suggest a good crankin' of PO'JAMA PEOPLE.
Frank could be speaking about some posters.
"ARF! ARF! ARF! I wish they'd all go away!"

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:40 pm 

yowza wrote:
"Lawd, they make you sleepy with the stuff they might say (hey-yeah hey...)"
Joe, you are right.
If you haven't shakin' your frustration, may I suggest a good crankin' of PO'JAMA PEOPLE.
"ARF! ARF! ARF! I wish they'd all go away!"

Wouldn't that mean U2? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:41 pm 

yowza wrote:
PO'JAMA PEOPLE.

The song is a defamation of those that are slackers and "don't get stuff done". I don't really see the correlation working well for that side of the fence.... :wink:

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:00 pm 

PenguinInBondage wrote:
yowza wrote:
PO'JAMA PEOPLE.

The song is a defamation of those that are slackers and "don't get stuff done". I don't really see the correlation working well for that side of the fence.... :wink:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, Pengie, but...

"It doesn't make much difference to me in the studio, I could put a piece of music down in front of someone or just tell them how to play it. I have had bands where everyone has been a reader. The most boring band I had was like that and ultimately led to the song "[Po-Jama] People" which is written about that particular band which had people like Ruth (Underwood), George (Duke) and Ponty. You go on the road and you have these people living their life to play [Yahtzee] on the bus, and chess and engaging in intellectual juiceless pursuits. I like to have guys in the band who want to go out there and want to get laid. Without that attitude the performance of the music doesn't really work. They've got to have something that sets them apart from other people who are just as competent or technical."

http://www.afka.net/Articles/1980-01_Musicians_Only.htm

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:10 pm 

just plain doug wrote:
Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, Pengie, but...

"It doesn't make much difference to me in the studio, I could put a piece of music down in front of someone or just tell them how to play it. I have had bands where everyone has been a reader. The most boring band I had was like that and ultimately led to the song "[Po-Jama] People" which is written about that particular band which had people like Ruth (Underwood), George (Duke) and Ponty. You go on the road and you have these people living their life to play [Yahtzee] on the bus, and chess and engaging in intellectual juiceless pursuits. I like to have guys in the band who want to go out there and want to get laid. Without that attitude the performance of the music doesn't really work. They've got to have something that sets them apart from other people who are just as competent or technical."

http://www.afka.net/Articles/1980-01_Musicians_Only.htm

True, I recall that interview bit from my spelunking. Still don't see the correlation towards posters on the board. :wink:

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:33 pm 

PenguinInBondage wrote:
yowza wrote:
PO'JAMA PEOPLE.

I used to go to a place called Candy Rock,that few locals new about until a real estate agent thought his clients would appreciate a map to the place.It's a little hard to get to,and has water slides and 50ft.cliffs on one side of the river.A real fun spot to spend the day.If you choose to wear clothes and go down any of the water slides,it's very boring and hard.Where as if you have a bare ass you can shoot the slides like you were at water world! Needless to say,the Pojama People have to have a go with clothes on.Funny,the PP's that are offended at first are the ones most likely to stick around and eventually get nekked and have some good clean fun too.At the Candy Rock,you can see them coming down the hill,and up and down the canyon you'd hear "The Pojama People are coming!" They never got it,but we laughed our arses off!
So I figure the song also means anyone who's wrapped up in "wearing the right sleeping clothes" or anyone who remains clothed while everyone else is nekked.These people can't fix your toilet,but tell you to put some clothes on.We call them Flakes too! In light of jpd's find,we were calling them Pojama People before OSFA was released.We all new what Yellow Snow was before the song too. FZ was right,though,Pojama People are all Flakes! (CA.has the most of them) :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:19 pm 

kapt.kiirk wrote:
...if you have a bare ass you can shoot the slides like you were at water world...
that's why they got a little trap-door back around 'em

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:26 pm 

PenguinInBondage wrote:
yowza wrote:
PO'JAMA PEOPLE.

The song is a defamation of those that are slackers and "don't get stuff done".

I always thought it was about Hugh Hefner.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:34 pm 

slime.oofytv.set wrote:
kapt.kiirk wrote:
...if you have a bare ass you can shoot the slides like you were at water world...
that's why they got a little trap-door back around 'em

Ha! Great idea for the modest nudest,(pojama persons) that wants a slippery slide! :lol:
That there river,the Stan.definetly has got some slides that at the end you'd fall 20ft.thru air into a deep pool.If you didn't...ahem,ah... hold on to your privates or your legs came apart,it was SplashSMACK right straight on the crux a that biscuit!..I hugged a rock in the river once for 1/2 a day after a bad slash down. :cry: Worst one ever! People would float by offering beer and doobies....nothing but time helped that one.Ouch! :cry: Pojama people took no such chances and had just as much fun....Ya,right.That's what they say now! :roll: I was full tilt boogie fer sure man! 8) :D

Flannel all around 'em after that :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:13 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
PenguinInBondage wrote:
yowza wrote:
PO'JAMA PEOPLE.

I used to go to a place called Candy Rock,that few locals new about until a real estate agent thought his clients would appreciate a map to the place.It's a little hard to get to,and has water slides and 50ft.cliffs on one side of the river.A real fun spot to spend the day.If you choose to wear clothes and go down any of the water slides,it's very boring and hard.Where as if you have a bare ass you can shoot the slides like you were at water world! Needless to say,the Pojama People have to have a go with clothes on.Funny,the PP's that are offended at first are the ones most likely to stick around and eventually get nekked and have some good clean fun too.At the Candy Rock,you can see them coming down the hill,and up and down the canyon you'd hear "The Pojama People are coming!" They never got it,but we laughed our arses off!
So I figure the song also means anyone who's wrapped up in "wearing the right sleeping clothes" or anyone who remains clothed while everyone else is nekked.These people can't fix your toilet,but tell you to put some clothes on.We call them Flakes too! In light of jpd's find,we were calling them Pojama People before OSFA was released.We all new what Yellow Snow was before the song too. FZ was right,though,Pojama People are all Flakes! (CA.has the most of them) :wink:

Please don't take offence, but...I thought I was reading a Trendmonger post for a second :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:52 pm 

Quilt wrote:
Please don't take offence, but...I thought I was reading a Trendmonger post for a second :lol:

I'll swear more and be fuckin' short. :wink: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:04 am 

I am occasional lurker on this forum and don't hardly post nothing. Like someone else who posted upthread, I too reckon the ZFT business practices to be laughable. One splendidly pertinent example is the mishandling of "Bat Chain Puller"...it is a release by an artiste who is not Frank Zappa, and who has a considerable fanbase outside the ZFT normal customer base. I bought it, because I pay attention to the ZFT and have been waiting for decades, so paying twice as much as normal and jumping through hoops to get it is just the sort of thing I do. But I know off the top of my head a dozen people who would buy it in the twinkling of an eye were it available at a sensible price through the normal channels. Do the math(s). Captain Beefheart fans are not necessarily Frank Zappa fans, so here is an instance where Gail has cut off her honker to spite her face. Or is she afear'd that the biggest-selling thing released by ZFT would, embarrassingly, be a non-Zappa release?

If proof were needed consider that an outfit known as OZIT has been conning a pretty penny out of the public by releasing Bat Chain Puller on CD calling it "Dust Sucker-original Bat Chain Puller" and presenting themselves as legitimate representatives of Don Vliet's wishes. They even timed a re-release (see UK Amazon) to coincide with that of the release by ZFT. Gail could go pursuing that bunch instead of vainly bullying less worthwhile targets such as Bad Doberman - but does she?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:30 am 

Well, here it is a month later. Where is it? What is it? Do I care anymore?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:10 pm 

Migth it be the Big Anouncement? (Braveworlds.com)

Quote:
Back home where it belongs, the music of FRANK ZAPPA is now back in the hands of the Zappa Family Trust. To celebrate this, the estate has signed a global license and distribution deal with Universal Music Enterprises to release 60 of the iconic composer’s recordings. The roll-out kicks off July 31st with 12 recordings, with another dozen recordings to be released monthly through the end of 2012.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:09 pm 

balint wrote:
Migth it be the Big Anouncement? (Braveworlds.com)

Quote:
Back home where it belongs, the music of FRANK ZAPPA is now back in the hands of the Zappa Family Trust. To celebrate this, the estate has signed a global license and distribution deal with Universal Music Enterprises to release 60 of the iconic composer’s recordings. The roll-out kicks off July 31st with 12 recordings, with another dozen recordings to be released monthly through the end of 2012.

It's the news in all the fanzines everywhere,but on Zappa.com's Whats New!...Nada! I read about this earlier today in Guitar Player Mag.
Link from ZappaArf. From the thread The ZFT has regained controll of FZ's catalog.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:31 pm 

Pope Jim wrote:
Well, here it is a month later. Where is it? What is it? Do I care anymore?

Would you like a napkin, 'cause you just got served by Gail! Woop woop!

(Not really, I just wanted to use that phrase)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:37 pm 

I thought the Crusin' re-release (what the hell was that called) sounded great. Maybe people are right about it could have sounded better, but I was impressed. I hope they're all like that.

Oh yeah, Greasy Love Songs.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:06 pm 

Crow tastes good. But where's the big, enigmatic announcement? And the Trendy I-told-you-sos? These tiny little wings need some dipping sauce.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7