Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2979 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105 ... 120  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:28 pm 

polydigm wrote:
Mothermania is due for release on 26th November from Amazon UK. CD Universe is still saying 30th October. I'm officially confused and won't be hitting the buy button on this one just yet.

Yeah, we have a lot of nerve asking for all of these details like: release dates, content, descriptions, etc. :wink: :|

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:42 pm 

Maroual wrote:
I found a place which seemingly has more posts about these reissues than this forum :shock:

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showt ... &p=7969764

I hang out there all the time!

If you like it, tell your friends!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:28 pm 

Hey, Mr Bondage, whatever else happens, I'm certainly giving my endorsement for any decision by the ZFT to let Mothermania be on the bottom of the list if there are going to be any delays. Let's get our priorities right.

I'm also thinking that Understanding America makes sense given these are supposed to be chronological. (okay Mothermania's not coming out that way, but it's release number is still chronological).

Also, why is nobody biting on discussion about the final two releases, given how much speculation normally flies around this joint? I'll say it again, they have to be 200 Motels and Civ Phaze 3.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:33 pm 

polydigm wrote:
Also, why is nobody biting on discussion about the final two releases, given how much speculation normally flies around this joint? I'll say it again, they have to be 200 Motels and Civ Phaze 3.

I sure hope so. Why else would they leave nr. 13?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:51 pm 

SonofSuzyCreamcheese wrote:
polydigm wrote:
Sorry to piss on your fireworks but the release numbers are not UME numbers, they are the release numbers that are used on zappa.com. So their deal for 60 releases with UME may not include 200 Motels. Logic dictates that it should, but the release numbers don't confirm anything unfortunately.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:36 am 

polydigm wrote:

Old = Roxy prequel (said we'd see it before December)
new = Understanding America
borrowed = 200 Motels (borrowed from MGM)
blue = mothermania (appeared in gail's update in blue)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:11 am 

Laservampire wrote:

That last one a stretch but I'm on board for all of them - lay 'em on me!
Also, I can't recall what my decoder ring said after deciphering the secret message, are we getting Road Tapes this year or just "soon"?

Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:17 am 

PenguinInBondage wrote:
Laservampire wrote:

Also, I can't recall what my decoder ring said after deciphering the secret message, are we getting Road Tapes this year or just "soon"?

Penguin, have you ever been to Jamaica? If so, then you will know what "Soon come mon" means :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:28 am 

tweezers wrote:
Penguin, have you ever been to Jamaica? If so, then you will know what "Soon come mon" means :mrgreen:

Hahaha..... no problem mon! :mrgreen:

Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:30 am 

polydigm wrote:
SonofSuzyCreamcheese wrote:
polydigm wrote:
Sorry to piss on your fireworks but the release numbers are not UME numbers, they are the release numbers that are used on zappa.com. So their deal for 60 releases with UME may not include 200 Motels. Logic dictates that it should, but the release numbers don't confirm anything unfortunately.

True that. :( But let us still have hope.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:33 am 

Went to my nearest record store today (the French Fnac) and asked them to look for Mothermania and Understanding America in their database.
I was told the US version of Mothermania has been ordered as an import and expected to arrive in their stocks by today, but actually none of their stores has received it.
And UA is not even referenced in their DB.

edit : their website says Mothermania is officially issued as of today although unavailable ...
http://musique.fnac.com/a4921054/Frank- ... a-CD-album

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:58 am 

Our supplier has the next batch as November 19th, this is through Universal in the US

Mothermania
YCDTOSA 3-6
Mystery Disc
Playground
Have I Offended
Ahead Of Their Time
Lost Episodes
and Yellow Shark is 12/4

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:21 am 

WalkerJWalker wrote:
Picked up SY tonight...all of I'm So Cute is there, and nothing is lost without the previous segue into Jones Crusher.

I can't hear Terry ask "Did you just record that?"

"Remarkable in detail and interview, an unexpected and invaluable look at a such an important and ill-fated moment in Frank's career."

www.idiotbastard.com

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:47 am 

The Idiot Bastard wrote:
WalkerJWalker wrote:
Picked up SY tonight...all of I'm So Cute is there, and nothing is lost without the previous segue into Jones Crusher.

I can't hear Terry ask "Did you just record that?"

It's there, but it's extremely quiet. The "Wait A Minute"/"We've Got To Get Into Something Real" conversation is also very quiet.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:36 am 

kerouack wrote:
Our supplier has the next batch as November 19th, this is through Universal in the US

Mothermania
YCDTOSA 3-6
Mystery Disc
Playground
Have I Offended
Ahead Of Their Time
Lost Episodes
and Yellow Shark is 12/4

Mothermania is out Nov 26th/UK probably 27th/USA and the rest listed there,Except YS is Dec 4th.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:00 pm 

PenguinInBondage wrote:
Laservampire wrote:
Old = Roxy prequel ... new = Understanding America ... borrowed = 200 Motels (borrowed from MGM) ... blue = mother mania ...
Two of those belong in Zappa's core catalogue. UA is actually a compilation put together by FZ for CD so it's not a stretch by the ZFT adding to the UME 60.

But, let's not forget, Gail has still promised new releases via the other ZFT avenues. If we get a Roxy Prequel it will be a ZFT release, not a UME release.

They can't seriously release other posthumous items like HIOS? as part of the UME deal and not include Civ Phaze 3 after touting it as his masterwork.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:13 pm 

polydigm wrote:
They can't seriously release other posthumous items like HIOS? as part of the UME deal and not include Civ Phaze 3 after touting it as his masterwork.

If I'm not mistaken, HIOS was originally released by Ryko, so it would be part of the package that UME bought. CP3, on the other hand, was never a Ryko title, so UME holds no rights to it. The ZFT is unlikely to sell anymore of the possible future catalog to UME, I'd think, since they can make a higher profit by releasing it themselves.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:22 pm 

polydigm wrote:

CPIII is still in print through Barfko Swill.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:35 pm 

pbuzby wrote:
polydigm wrote:
HIOS? and others were posthumous releases that came after CP3 and weren't part of the original Ryko deal and were originally available from Barfko. The point is that they're making a statement by putting together this new set of remastered releases. CP3 is not a ZFT project, it was effectively Zappa's penultimate album (he died in the middle of his last project involving all those soirées he was conducting) and it should be included. Being still available at Barfko only means they have copies left in stock. We all well know we can't assume anything concrete about what the ZFT might be up to until after it's actually happened.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:51 pm 

polydigm wrote:
We all well know we can't assume anything concrete about what the ZFT might be up to until after it's actually happened.

Crux of the biscuit! :mrgreen:

Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:11 pm 

Just ordered Mothermania & threw in Zoot Allures from Best Buy.

So of the 2012 reissues I have:
Absolutely Free
Hot Rats
Burnt Weeny Sandwich
Weasels Ripped My Flesh
Chunga's Revenge
Fillmore East '71
Just Another Band From LA
Overnite Sensation
Apostrophe
One Size Fits All
Sheik Yerbouti
Joe's Garage
Shut Up n Play Yer Guitar

All I need now is:
Waka/Jawaka
The Grand Wazoo (am hesitant on where to buy this from, don't want a defective one)
Bongo Fury(love the Ryko version, but am curious to hear the non-beefed up original)
Studio Tan/Sleep Dirt (have vinyl of both + Lather CDs, but want anyway)

Not bothering with any others. YAWYI & TTR '98 "fixed" Rykos sound fine to me, and I have YAWYI on vinyl anyway. Oh yeah, maybe Them Or Us since it's an analog transfer. Will wait for reviews on that one.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:30 am 

polydigm wrote:
pbuzby wrote:
polydigm wrote:
HIOS? and others were posthumous releases that came after CP3 and weren't part of the original Ryko deal and were originally available from Barfko. The point is that they're making a statement by putting together this new set of remastered releases. CP3 is not a ZFT project, it was effectively Zappa's penultimate album (he died in the middle of his last project involving all those soirées he was conducting) and it should be included. Being still available at Barfko only means they have copies left in stock. We all well know we can't assume anything concrete about what the ZFT might be up to until after it's actually happened.

My understanding is that HIOS? was part of the Ryko deal, as was The Lost Episodes, and that is why they are both being reissued by Universal. This all gets confusing though.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:08 am 

Sorry, this is a little off topic.

Last night at my local record store, the amazing Listen Records in Edmonton I picked up the vinyl of Zappa In New York. It's the Discreet one from 1977. Is this the original mix?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:42 am 

Ruz-El wrote:
Sorry, this is a little off topic.

Last night at my local record store, the amazing Listen Records in Edmonton I picked up the vinyl of Zappa In New York. It's the Discreet one from 1977. Is this the original mix?

What else should it be? How could the remix from the late 80s/early 90s be on a vinyl issue from 1977? Time travel ? ;-)

BTW, I bet your vinyl copy is without Punky's Whips unless you have found a very rare one with PW.

Th.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:39 am 

Thinman wrote:
How could the remix from the late 80s/early 90s be on a vinyl issue from 1977? Time travel ? ;-)

Last edited by zomby'sprog on Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2979 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105 ... 120  Next