Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:10 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2979 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 120  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:31 am 

It's Obvious the same mixes as what is already about.Only thing that can change like I said Mini vinyl sleeves and what about the downloads just MP3 WMA Flac.full albums got too buy physical CD for a Extra fart on there. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 7:43 am 

So is Crusing With Ruben & The Jets going to be the original mix?? I really really hope so!!

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:34 pm 

beajerkgotowork wrote:
So is Crusing With Ruben & The Jets going to be the original mix?? I really really hope so!!

You know that the original mix is already available on CD, don't you?
http://www.zappa.com/fz/discography/2010greasylovesongs.html

Th.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 11:32 am 

gz wrote:
[..]I am planning to announce by Mothers Day[...], which is 10 May.
So there’s a big meanwhile – during which there
will be some releases!!!
..or not.
8)

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 11:54 am 

Mothers day may 10th is year 2015 :D

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:09 pm 

Thinman wrote:
beajerkgotowork wrote:

Th.

Yeah I know about Greasy Love Songs but I was hoping for a less expensive one with the original cover!

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:13 pm 

cleon wrote:
Mothers day may 10th is year 2015 :D

That's a good one.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:40 pm 

http://www.frankzappa.com/flash/mothersday/index.html
It does get confusing
"May 9, 1965 The name of the band is changed officially to The Mothers." IINK
That last date is correct in interviews :?

BTW Anybody seen the old Flash with the Vegetable noise effect lately my Kids love that.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:38 am 

Thinman wrote:
beajerkgotowork wrote:

Th.
The original mix ... with dynamic range compression.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:34 pm 

She didn't promise, only "planning." Will Mrs. Zappa come through?

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:51 am 

brainpang wrote:
She didn't promise, only "planning." Will Mrs. Zappa come through?

GZ still has 3 years to plan :D

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 3:57 am 

Being magnanimous this morning, I hope today or whenever she announces the re-emergence of the FZ catalogue it allows for it to get into the hands of the as-yet uninitiated. Regardless of how anyone feels about any particular artist or genre of music; if it is not out on the market, it doesn't get heard. Let's all hope whatever she announces benefits FZ's legacy.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:20 am 

tweezers wrote:
Being magnanimous this morning, I hope today or whenever she announces the re-emergence of the FZ catalogue it allows for it to get into the hands of the as-yet uninitiated. Regardless of how anyone feels about any particular artist or genre of music; if it is not out on the market, it doesn't get heard. Let's all hope whatever she announces benefits FZ's legacy.

Hear Hear!

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:34 pm 

ZappaArf wrote:
tweezers wrote:

Hear Hear!

Actually the term is "Hear Here"... :smoke:

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 2:42 pm 

Plook wrote:
ZappaArf wrote:
tweezers wrote:

Hear Hear!

Actually the term is "Hear Here"... :smoke:

I had "Here Here" written first, then checked ...and discovered that I was wrong.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 3:26 pm 

When a worked in the shipyards two lifetimes ago we were decommissioning a WWII supply ship, doing asbestos tear outs and I found a Hear Here sign near the phone in the engine room, I still have it.

:smoke:

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:42 am 

Plook wrote:
When a worked in the shipyards two lifetimes ago we were decommissioning a WWII supply ship, doing asbestos tear outs and I found a Hear Here sign near the phone in the engine room, I still have it.

Hear, hear
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hear, hear is an expression used as a short, repeated form of hear him, hear him. It represents a listener's agreement with the point being made by a speaker. It is often incorrectly spelled "here here".[1]

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 4:18 am 

ZappaArf wrote:
Plook wrote:

Hear, hear

Hear, hear is an expression used as a short, repeated form of hear him, hear him. It represents a listener's agreement with the point being made by a speaker. It is often incorrectly spelled "here here".[1]

Interesting the sign I have is over 80 years old, but must have been made specificly for places where one could not hear well and needed a sign to direct them to a communication location...

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 11:22 am 

hope they release the albums with their original mix without bonus tracks tacked on the end. don't get me wrong, i like bonus tracks. they can put them on a seperate disc or as a digital dowload. putting them at the end or sometimes in the middle of the album changes the album. it's no longer how the album was meant to heard. also, why ruin a good thing?

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 2:51 am 

Plook wrote:
ZappaArf wrote:
Plook wrote:

Hear, hear

Interesting the sign I have is over 80 years old, but must have been made specificly for places where one could not hear well and needed a sign to direct them to a communication location...

There are loadsa possibilities, Coulda been made especially for that area and that ship, The sign makers mighta got it wrong, Wikipedia might be wrong. Everything we know and believe could be wrong!

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:24 am 

Hi,

Bunch of fuckers ... still no 200 Motels DVD, or CD!

But I will have the chance to get rid of a couple more LP's ... finally!

This was necessary as the amount of stuff out there is not helping Gail or the trust make any money ... you can't make the money if there is nothing out there to sell! And CD's are cheap, so hearing about the "budget" ... is a bunch of bulleytart!

The other thread of the Roxy stuff is ... scary ... spend a halacious amount of money, for one album, and a DVD, that won't sell enough to even cover the expense that it took to get it fixed. And you and I will not pay $69.69 to buy this ... I can't afford it!

At this point, I would think that the back catalogue to continue having the work visible, should be a lot more important than one item that is only going to be valuable for a handful of fans and maniacs, and they are not paying for the expense to get that thing fixed! And my copy would not be signed either!

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:37 am 

Moshkito wrote:
… Bunch of fuckers ... still no 200 Motels (…) CD! …

http://www.ebay.de/itm/FRANK-ZAPPAS-200-Motels-Double-CD-/160800446825?pt=Music_CDs&hash=item2570741969#ht_500wt_801

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 2:14 pm 

Thinman wrote:
This is a fair price.
However the story does not say whether this one is the original batch pre-2002 or the ugly reprint post-2008 I saw in stores.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 2:45 pm 

Availability of the catalog is an issue. Yesterday I had an experience that I never thought I should have. In one of the major record stores I was asking for the new Jack White album. Sold out, but back in stock tomorrow. While I was fiddling with my other purchases, a young girl (around 25 is a rough guess) came to the counter and asked for the Jack White album as well. This was not much of a coincidence to be baffled about, but her next question was:

"I couldn't find Overnite Sensation by the Mothers, do you have it?". The equally young guy at the counter was cool enough to ask whether she had looked under Zappa (that Q/A exchange in itself saved my day). She said that she had. Then he checked up on the computer, and reported that it was out of stock, and that he couldn't say anything about when it would be available.

Unfulfilled demand!

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 3:55 pm 

Good point HJ. Hopefully in late June the re-emergence of product should have a salutary effect.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2979 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 120  Next