Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:12 pm 

jaypfunk wrote:

Dark Clothes wrote:
I'd say ignore the hotheads Scrutie and Wendy and you'll be fine.

Hey, fuck you, asshole. Don't put me in the same ballpark as that moron. Nothing I've said is incorrect.

The whole argument, for the last 3 pages, has been about nothing.

He is taking our wording "same as vinyl"/"matches the vinyl" and taking it literally to mean that the audio will be EXACTLY IDENTICAL. He doesn't understand that we meant it would be closer to the vinyl than the old Ryko's. This shows a basic lack of understanding of the subject at hand, unbecoming of someone who supposedly owns a record label.

I refer everyone back to my first post. Post #3. Nothing in that post was incorrect.

Now read TCS's first post. He's starting shit for no reason.

This is why I refer everyone back to Pat's post, my first post, and Joe's post, for the correct info. Everything beyond that should be wiped/ignored.

And don't put me in the same ballpark as that dickhead ever again.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:29 pm 

That's true. Post #6 by TCS is the first post that started with insults (on WDC). Seems to be his nature that he insists it's always the others who begin.

Th.

P.S.: Anyway, after re-reading the whole thing I couldn't help myself and had to laugh.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:40 pm 

Thinman wrote:
That's true. Post #6 by TCS is the first post that started with insults (on WDC). Seems to be his nature that he insists it's always the others who begin.

Th.

P.S.: Anyway, after re-reading the whole thing I couldn't help myself and had to laugh.

You're wrong again...here is the first post with an insult.

Wen D. Carlos
Post subject: Re: Frank Zappa 2012 ReissuesPosted: 14 Jul 2012 14:24

You can still tell from listening to a 64k sample if something has extra reverb on it or not, assmunch.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=23356&start=575

so before you start psycho-analysing my nature, get your facts right.

Shitface
Shitface Music Page

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:46 pm 

Wen D. Carlos wrote:
jaypfunk wrote:

Dark Clothes wrote:

Hey, fuck you, asshole. Don't put me in the same ballpark as that moron. Nothing I've said is incorrect.

He is taking our wording "same as vinyl"/"matches the vinyl" and taking it literally to mean that the audio will be EXACTLY IDENTICAL. He doesn't understand that we meant it would be closer to the vinyl than the old Ryko's. This shows a basic lack of understanding of the subject at hand, unbecoming of someone who supposedly owns a record label.

I refer everyone back to my first post. Post #3. Nothing in that post was incorrect.

This is why I refer everyone back to Pat's post, my first post, and Joe's post, for the correct info. Everything beyond that should be wiped/ignored.

Wen D. Carlos

You can still tell from listening to a 64k sample if something has extra reverb on it or not, assmunch.

Your first insulting post, before I'd said anything insulting to you....don't lie about stuff.

You did say it was exactly the same, not until a few posts back did you change this.

Shitface
Shitface Music Page

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:47 pm 

This forum could be such a peaceful place. :cry:

Last edited by Thinman on Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:49 pm 

Thinman wrote:
This forum could be such a peaceful place.

It could be, if people wouldn't lie and didn't distort basic facts to suit their own agendas.

Shitface
Shitface Music Page

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:50 pm 

I was talking about this thread. But I was right, though, wasn't I? You're an assmunch.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:51 pm 

TheCentralScrutinizer wrote:
Thinman wrote:

Th.

You're wrong again...here is the first post with an insult.

Wen D. Carlos

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=23356&start=575

so before you start psycho-analysing my nature, get your facts right.

Thinman is a liying basterd Definitely :smoke:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:53 pm 

Morons stick together.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:54 pm 

Wen D. Carlos wrote:
jaypfunk wrote:

Dark Clothes wrote:

Nowhere did you say it would only sound closer to the original, you said it was exactly the same...hence why I continually pointed out that it couldn't be exactly the same.

It's easy to check what I do, and whether I'm lying about it. So come on once again, lay it on the table...I'm obviously such a fucking idiot who doesn't know what they're doing or saying, so if that's the case...let me see what I'm up against and lay it on the table.

Shitface
Shitface Music Page

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:55 pm 

Wen D. Carlos wrote:
I was talking about this thread. But I was right, though, wasn't I? You're an assmunch.

Right, I wasn't aware that insults from previous threads relating to the same topic didn't count....I stand corrected.

Shitface
Shitface Music Page

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:56 pm 

Wen D. Carlos wrote:
Morons stick together.

You starting talk too me I said tons of time a just about only Thinman is a LIYING pice of shit :smoke:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:56 pm 

Thinman wrote:

It could be, if people wouldn't lie and didn't distort basic facts to suit their own agendas.

Be honest to yourself: Are you any different?

Th.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:58 pm 

Thinman wrote:
Thinman wrote:

Th.

I'm honest in the respect that both you and that fucker were lying by saying I instigated the insults.

Shitface
Shitface Music Page

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:00 pm 

Perhaps someone should recreate this topic so we can discuss "Reissues- What to buy?" and leave this thread to this silly discussion that was an obliterated, deceased horse long ago. Of course, it might be even more fun to post this:
Thinman wrote:

Th.

every time another insult is slung, no matter who is the insulter. :mrgreen:

Last edited by duchamp on Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:00 pm 

I'm honest in the respect that both you and that fucker were lying by saying I instigated the insults.

Every obnoxious assertion you've made about these remasters has been proven wrong. You're starting arguments for no reason, because you have poor comprehension skills. The funniest thing about you is how you turn around and accuse people of doing the exact same thing you're doing, like you're trying to divert attention from your own stupidity. Give it a rest. You've totally destroyed this thread, which could have been an interesting dicussion and learning experience. Instead it's full of your pointless blathering.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:10 pm 

Wen D. Carlos wrote:

Every obnoxious assertion you've made about these remasters has been proving wrong. You're starting arguments for no reason, because you have poor comprehension skills. The funniest thing about you is how you turn around and accuse people of doing the exact same thing you're doing, like you're trying to divert attention from your own stupidity. Give it a rest. You've totally destroyed this thread, which could have been an interesting dicussion and learning expereince. Instead it's full of your pointless blathering.

They've not been proving (sic) wrong.

You started the argument by calling me assmunch.

I'm not doing exactly what I am accusing you of, I'm defending my position which I still stand by and no amount of pressure from an ignorant bully with no substance behind what he's saying will make me change my mind.

I might think Thinman is an asshole, but I have some respect for him because he at least put his money where his mouth was. So I respect his right to be an asshole as at least he knows what he's saying and doing. All I've had from you is insults and big talk about how much you know without actually adding anything substantial to the discussion that could indicate why you're so informed and I'm obviously such a backwards moron.

Shitface
Shitface Music Page

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:17 pm 

Wen D. Carlos wrote:

Every obnoxious assertion you've made about these remasters has been proven wrong. You're starting arguments for no reason, because you have poor comprehension skills. The funniest thing about you is how you turn around and accuse people of doing the exact same thing you're doing, like you're trying to divert attention from your own stupidity. Give it a rest. You've totally destroyed this thread, which could have been an interesting dicussion and learning experience. Instead it's full of your pointless blathering.

The only assertion I made was that the 2008 remasters cannot sound exactly the same as the original mix...you now agree with this, thank you.

If I was trying to divert attention from my own stupidity, then I would have stopped posting. I wouldn't have maintained the same argument I have held from the beginning. That's a lack of comprehension on your part, not mine.

Schoolboy psychology doesn't work on me, you'll need to try harder than that.

Shitface
Shitface Music Page

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:18 pm 

I might think Thinman is an asshole, but I have some respect for him because he at least put his money where his mouth was. So I respect his right to be an asshole as at least he knows what he's saying and doing.
Close but he is Lying all the time.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:18 pm 

... All I've had from you is insults and big talk about how much you know without actually adding anything substantial to the discussion...

Seriously, Carlos, you must think substance is a bore...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:20 pm 

cleon wrote:
I might think Thinman is an asshole, but I have some respect for him because he at least put his money where his mouth was. So I respect his right to be an asshole as at least he knows what he's saying and doing.
Close but he is Lying all the time.

Yes, I've noticed that he's prone to lying by saying one thing, then saying another and then claiming someone else had said the first thing.

Still, he's not as big an asshole as Wen D....not yet anyway :mrgreen:

Shitface
Shitface Music Page

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:37 pm 

Get a grip on yourself, TCS - you're way out of line.

And please understand - the original mix will sound like the original mix also when it's remastered, because it IS the original mix. LPs mastered in 1969, 1984 and 2008 will have differences due to mastering, but they are all fair representations of the original mix, when that is the actual source for mastering.

This is an obvious fact that you have neglected at your own peril in your absurdly overblown rants.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:39 pm 

All I've had from you is insults and big talk about how much you know without actually adding anything substantial to the discussion that could indicate why you're so informed and I'm obviously such a backwards moron.

What kind of "substance" are you looking for, dickhead? How am I suppoed to add "substance" to a one-sided, pointless argument? I've explained from the very beginning that the remasters are going to be like the vinyl, but you seem completely hellbent on refuting this. You're wrong. It's a waste of time. Give up! Okay?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:40 pm 

Dark Clothes wrote:
Get a grip on yourself, TCS - you're way out of line.

And please understand - the original mix will sound like the original mix also when it's remastered, because it IS the original mix. LPs mastered in 1969, 1984 and 2008 will have differences due to mastering, but they are all fair representations of the original mix, when that is the actual source for mastering.

This is just one obvious fact that you have neglected in your absurdly overblown rants.

I never once neglected that fact, that was the point I was making...it may resemble how the original mix sounded, but it's can't be exactly the same. So you get a grip of yourself and stop trying to twist what I'm saying.

I'm not way out of line either, but thanks for attempting to moderate my behaviour.

Shitface
Shitface Music Page

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:47 pm 

Wen D. Carlos wrote:
All I've had from you is insults and big talk about how much you know without actually adding anything substantial to the discussion that could indicate why you're so informed and I'm obviously such a backwards moron.

What kind of "substance" are you looking for, dickhead? How am I suppoed to add "substance" to a one-sided, pointless argument? I've explained from the very beginning that the remasters are going to be like the vinyl, but you seem completely hellbent on refuting this. You're wrong. It's a waste of time. Give up! Okay?

OK, I'll give up and run off with my tail between my legs, I'll even never comment on one of your posts again. But firstly, don't pretend you don't know what I mean, I want to hear stuff you've mixed and mastered. Then, when I'm firmly put in my place by someone who obviously know what they're talking about, I'll admit I'm a massive cock and fuck off.

You've not had any qualms about questioning my ability, or what I do, so let me question yours. Surely that's a fair thing?

Shitface
Shitface Music Page

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next