Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:39 am
Posts: 152
jaypfunk wrote:
Image


Dark Clothes wrote:
I'd say ignore the hotheads Scrutie and Wendy and you'll be fine.


Hey, fuck you, asshole. Don't put me in the same ballpark as that moron. Nothing I've said is incorrect.

The whole argument, for the last 3 pages, has been about nothing.

He is taking our wording "same as vinyl"/"matches the vinyl" and taking it literally to mean that the audio will be EXACTLY IDENTICAL. He doesn't understand that we meant it would be closer to the vinyl than the old Ryko's. This shows a basic lack of understanding of the subject at hand, unbecoming of someone who supposedly owns a record label.

I refer everyone back to my first post. Post #3. Nothing in that post was incorrect.

Now read TCS's first post. He's starting shit for no reason.

This is why I refer everyone back to Pat's post, my first post, and Joe's post, for the correct info. Everything beyond that should be wiped/ignored.

And don't put me in the same ballpark as that dickhead ever again.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:11 am
Posts: 1023
Location: North German Wasteland
That's true. Post #6 by TCS is the first post that started with insults (on WDC). Seems to be his nature that he insists it's always the others who begin.

Th.

P.S.: Anyway, after re-reading the whole thing I couldn't help myself and had to laugh.

_________________
Active forum member since 2005 - R E T I R E D from public forum activity in 2013


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:50 am
Posts: 5811
Location: A holographic construct outside of linear time
Thinman wrote:
That's true. Post #6 by TCS is the first post that started with insults (on WDC). Seems to be his nature that he insists it's always the others who begin.

Th.

P.S.: Anyway, after re-reading the whole thing I couldn't help myself and had to laugh.


You're wrong again...here is the first post with an insult.


Wen D. Carlos
Post subject: Re: Frank Zappa 2012 ReissuesPosted: 14 Jul 2012 14:24


Joined: 13 Nov 2010 14:39
Posts: 80
You can still tell from listening to a 64k sample if something has extra reverb on it or not, assmunch.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=23356&start=575

so before you start psycho-analysing my nature, get your facts right.

_________________
Solipsism
Solar Culture
Solipsism Tumblr
Shitface
Shitface Music Page


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:50 am
Posts: 5811
Location: A holographic construct outside of linear time
Wen D. Carlos wrote:
jaypfunk wrote:
Image


Dark Clothes wrote:
I'd say ignore the hotheads Scrutie and Wendy and you'll be fine.


Hey, fuck you, asshole. Don't put me in the same ballpark as that moron. Nothing I've said is incorrect.

The whole argument, for the last 3 pages, has been about nothing.

He is taking our wording "same as vinyl"/"matches the vinyl" and taking it literally to mean that the audio will be EXACTLY IDENTICAL. He doesn't understand that we meant it would be closer to the vinyl than the old Ryko's. This shows a basic lack of understanding of the subject at hand, unbecoming of someone who supposedly owns a record label.

I refer everyone back to my first post. Post #3. Nothing in that post was incorrect.

Now read TCS's first post. He's starting shit for no reason.

This is why I refer everyone back to Pat's post, my first post, and Joe's post, for the correct info. Everything beyond that should be wiped/ignored.

And don't put me in the same ballpark as that dickhead ever again.


Wen D. Carlos
Post subject: Re: Frank Zappa 2012 ReissuesPosted: 14 Jul 2012 14:24


Joined: 13 Nov 2010 14:39
Posts: 80
You can still tell from listening to a 64k sample if something has extra reverb on it or not, assmunch.


Your first insulting post, before I'd said anything insulting to you....don't lie about stuff.

You did say it was exactly the same, not until a few posts back did you change this.

_________________
Solipsism
Solar Culture
Solipsism Tumblr
Shitface
Shitface Music Page


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:11 am
Posts: 1023
Location: North German Wasteland
This forum could be such a peaceful place. :cry:

_________________
Active forum member since 2005 - R E T I R E D from public forum activity in 2013


Last edited by Thinman on Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:50 am
Posts: 5811
Location: A holographic construct outside of linear time
Thinman wrote:
This forum could be such a peaceful place.


It could be, if people wouldn't lie and didn't distort basic facts to suit their own agendas.

_________________
Solipsism
Solar Culture
Solipsism Tumblr
Shitface
Shitface Music Page


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:39 am
Posts: 152
I was talking about this thread. But I was right, though, wasn't I? You're an assmunch.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:40 pm
Posts: 6915
Location: South wales
TheCentralScrutinizer wrote:
Thinman wrote:
That's true. Post #6 by TCS is the first post that started with insults (on WDC). Seems to be his nature that he insists it's always the others who begin.

Th.

P.S.: Anyway, after re-reading the whole thing I couldn't help myself and had to laugh.


You're wrong again...here is the first post with an insult.


Wen D. Carlos
Post subject: Re: Frank Zappa 2012 ReissuesPosted: 14 Jul 2012 14:24


Joined: 13 Nov 2010 14:39
Posts: 80
You can still tell from listening to a 64k sample if something has extra reverb on it or not, assmunch.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=23356&start=575

so before you start psycho-analysing my nature, get your facts right.

Thinman is a liying basterd Definitely :smoke:

_________________
Arf you out of your fucking mind.Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:39 am
Posts: 152
Morons stick together.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:50 am
Posts: 5811
Location: A holographic construct outside of linear time
Wen D. Carlos wrote:
jaypfunk wrote:
Image


Dark Clothes wrote:
I'd say ignore the hotheads Scrutie and Wendy and you'll be fine.


Hey, fuck you, asshole. Don't put me in the same ballpark as that moron. Nothing I've said is incorrect.

The whole argument, for the last 3 pages, has been about nothing.

He is taking our wording "same as vinyl"/"matches the vinyl" and taking it literally to mean that the audio will be EXACTLY IDENTICAL. He doesn't understand that we meant it would be closer to the vinyl than the old Ryko's. This shows a basic lack of understanding of the subject at hand, unbecoming of someone who supposedly owns a record label.

I refer everyone back to my first post. Post #3. Nothing in that post was incorrect.

Now read TCS's first post. He's starting shit for no reason.

This is why I refer everyone back to Pat's post, my first post, and Joe's post, for the correct info. Everything beyond that should be wiped/ignored.

And don't put me in the same ballpark as that dickhead ever again.


Nowhere did you say it would only sound closer to the original, you said it was exactly the same...hence why I continually pointed out that it couldn't be exactly the same.

It's easy to check what I do, and whether I'm lying about it. So come on once again, lay it on the table...I'm obviously such a fucking idiot who doesn't know what they're doing or saying, so if that's the case...let me see what I'm up against and lay it on the table.

_________________
Solipsism
Solar Culture
Solipsism Tumblr
Shitface
Shitface Music Page


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:50 am
Posts: 5811
Location: A holographic construct outside of linear time
Wen D. Carlos wrote:
I was talking about this thread. But I was right, though, wasn't I? You're an assmunch.


Right, I wasn't aware that insults from previous threads relating to the same topic didn't count....I stand corrected.

_________________
Solipsism
Solar Culture
Solipsism Tumblr
Shitface
Shitface Music Page


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:40 pm
Posts: 6915
Location: South wales
Wen D. Carlos wrote:
Morons stick together.

You starting talk too me I said tons of time a just about only Thinman is a LIYING pice of shit :smoke:

_________________
Arf you out of your fucking mind.Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:11 am
Posts: 1023
Location: North German Wasteland
TheCentralScrutinizer wrote:
Thinman wrote:
This forum could be such a peaceful place.


It could be, if people wouldn't lie and didn't distort basic facts to suit their own agendas.


Be honest to yourself: Are you any different?

Th.

_________________
Active forum member since 2005 - R E T I R E D from public forum activity in 2013


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:50 am
Posts: 5811
Location: A holographic construct outside of linear time
Thinman wrote:
TheCentralScrutinizer wrote:
Thinman wrote:
This forum could be such a peaceful place.


It could be, if people wouldn't lie and didn't distort basic facts to suit their own agendas.


Be honest to yourself: Are you any different?

Th.


I'm honest in the respect that both you and that fucker were lying by saying I instigated the insults.

_________________
Solipsism
Solar Culture
Solipsism Tumblr
Shitface
Shitface Music Page


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:57 pm
Posts: 741
Location: Atlanta
Perhaps someone should recreate this topic so we can discuss "Reissues- What to buy?" and leave this thread to this silly discussion that was an obliterated, deceased horse long ago. Of course, it might be even more fun to post this:
Thinman wrote:
Be honest to yourself: Are you any different?

Th.


every time another insult is slung, no matter who is the insulter. :mrgreen:

_________________
“The power of pop music to corrupt and putrify the minds of world youth are virtually limitless."


Last edited by duchamp on Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:39 am
Posts: 152
TheCentralScrutinizer wrote:
I'm honest in the respect that both you and that fucker were lying by saying I instigated the insults.


Every obnoxious assertion you've made about these remasters has been proven wrong. You're starting arguments for no reason, because you have poor comprehension skills. The funniest thing about you is how you turn around and accuse people of doing the exact same thing you're doing, like you're trying to divert attention from your own stupidity. Give it a rest. You've totally destroyed this thread, which could have been an interesting dicussion and learning experience. Instead it's full of your pointless blathering.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:50 am
Posts: 5811
Location: A holographic construct outside of linear time
Wen D. Carlos wrote:
TheCentralScrutinizer wrote:
I'm honest in the respect that both you and that fucker were lying by saying I instigated the insults.


Every obnoxious assertion you've made about these remasters has been proving wrong. You're starting arguments for no reason, because you have poor comprehension skills. The funniest thing about you is how you turn around and accuse people of doing the exact same thing you're doing, like you're trying to divert attention from your own stupidity. Give it a rest. You've totally destroyed this thread, which could have been an interesting dicussion and learning expereince. Instead it's full of your pointless blathering.


They've not been proving (sic) wrong.

You started the argument by calling me assmunch.

I'm not doing exactly what I am accusing you of, I'm defending my position which I still stand by and no amount of pressure from an ignorant bully with no substance behind what he's saying will make me change my mind.

I might think Thinman is an asshole, but I have some respect for him because he at least put his money where his mouth was. So I respect his right to be an asshole as at least he knows what he's saying and doing. All I've had from you is insults and big talk about how much you know without actually adding anything substantial to the discussion that could indicate why you're so informed and I'm obviously such a backwards moron.

_________________
Solipsism
Solar Culture
Solipsism Tumblr
Shitface
Shitface Music Page


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:50 am
Posts: 5811
Location: A holographic construct outside of linear time
Wen D. Carlos wrote:
TheCentralScrutinizer wrote:
I'm honest in the respect that both you and that fucker were lying by saying I instigated the insults.


Every obnoxious assertion you've made about these remasters has been proven wrong. You're starting arguments for no reason, because you have poor comprehension skills. The funniest thing about you is how you turn around and accuse people of doing the exact same thing you're doing, like you're trying to divert attention from your own stupidity. Give it a rest. You've totally destroyed this thread, which could have been an interesting dicussion and learning experience. Instead it's full of your pointless blathering.


The only assertion I made was that the 2008 remasters cannot sound exactly the same as the original mix...you now agree with this, thank you.

If I was trying to divert attention from my own stupidity, then I would have stopped posting. I wouldn't have maintained the same argument I have held from the beginning. That's a lack of comprehension on your part, not mine.

Schoolboy psychology doesn't work on me, you'll need to try harder than that.

_________________
Solipsism
Solar Culture
Solipsism Tumblr
Shitface
Shitface Music Page


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:40 pm
Posts: 6915
Location: South wales
TheCentralScrutinizer wrote:
I might think Thinman is an asshole, but I have some respect for him because he at least put his money where his mouth was. So I respect his right to be an asshole as at least he knows what he's saying and doing.
Close but he is Lying all the time.

_________________
Arf you out of your fucking mind.Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:18 pm
Posts: 3024
Location: Between the Badges
TheCentralScrutinizer wrote:
... All I've had from you is insults and big talk about how much you know without actually adding anything substantial to the discussion...

Seriously, Carlos, you must think substance is a bore...

_________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Don't Be Stupid Unless You Want To


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:50 am
Posts: 5811
Location: A holographic construct outside of linear time
cleon wrote:
TheCentralScrutinizer wrote:
I might think Thinman is an asshole, but I have some respect for him because he at least put his money where his mouth was. So I respect his right to be an asshole as at least he knows what he's saying and doing.
Close but he is Lying all the time.


Yes, I've noticed that he's prone to lying by saying one thing, then saying another and then claiming someone else had said the first thing.

Still, he's not as big an asshole as Wen D....not yet anyway :mrgreen:

_________________
Solipsism
Solar Culture
Solipsism Tumblr
Shitface
Shitface Music Page


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:38 am
Posts: 1071
Location: Centerville, Norway
Get a grip on yourself, TCS - you're way out of line.

And please understand - the original mix will sound like the original mix also when it's remastered, because it IS the original mix. LPs mastered in 1969, 1984 and 2008 will have differences due to mastering, but they are all fair representations of the original mix, when that is the actual source for mastering.

This is an obvious fact that you have neglected at your own peril in your absurdly overblown rants.

_________________
We make a special art in an environment hostile to dreamers. Frank Zappa, 1971


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:39 am
Posts: 152
TheCentralScrutinizer wrote:
All I've had from you is insults and big talk about how much you know without actually adding anything substantial to the discussion that could indicate why you're so informed and I'm obviously such a backwards moron.


What kind of "substance" are you looking for, dickhead? How am I suppoed to add "substance" to a one-sided, pointless argument? I've explained from the very beginning that the remasters are going to be like the vinyl, but you seem completely hellbent on refuting this. You're wrong. It's a waste of time. Give up! Okay?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:50 am
Posts: 5811
Location: A holographic construct outside of linear time
Dark Clothes wrote:
Get a grip on yourself, TCS - you're way out of line.

And please understand - the original mix will sound like the original mix also when it's remastered, because it IS the original mix. LPs mastered in 1969, 1984 and 2008 will have differences due to mastering, but they are all fair representations of the original mix, when that is the actual source for mastering.

This is just one obvious fact that you have neglected in your absurdly overblown rants.


I never once neglected that fact, that was the point I was making...it may resemble how the original mix sounded, but it's can't be exactly the same. So you get a grip of yourself and stop trying to twist what I'm saying.

I'm not way out of line either, but thanks for attempting to moderate my behaviour.

_________________
Solipsism
Solar Culture
Solipsism Tumblr
Shitface
Shitface Music Page


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:50 am
Posts: 5811
Location: A holographic construct outside of linear time
Wen D. Carlos wrote:
TheCentralScrutinizer wrote:
All I've had from you is insults and big talk about how much you know without actually adding anything substantial to the discussion that could indicate why you're so informed and I'm obviously such a backwards moron.


What kind of "substance" are you looking for, dickhead? How am I suppoed to add "substance" to a one-sided, pointless argument? I've explained from the very beginning that the remasters are going to be like the vinyl, but you seem completely hellbent on refuting this. You're wrong. It's a waste of time. Give up! Okay?


OK, I'll give up and run off with my tail between my legs, I'll even never comment on one of your posts again. But firstly, don't pretend you don't know what I mean, I want to hear stuff you've mixed and mastered. Then, when I'm firmly put in my place by someone who obviously know what they're talking about, I'll admit I'm a massive cock and fuck off.

You've not had any qualms about questioning my ability, or what I do, so let me question yours. Surely that's a fair thing?

_________________
Solipsism
Solar Culture
Solipsism Tumblr
Shitface
Shitface Music Page


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group