Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Bundled or debundled?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:48 pm 

So there are 12 reissues at the end of July, and 12 at the end of August. If the pattern continues, can we assume there will be 12 at the end of September?

Regardless of the answer to that question, a couple of things still elude me.

Will the original releases associated with Joe's Garage, Shut Up 'n Play Yer Guitar and London Symphony Orchestra be released separately or bundled together?

Ie, will we see Joe's Garage Act I, Joe's Garage Acts II & III, Shut Up 'n Play Yer Guitar, Shut Up 'n Play Yer Guitar Some More, Return Of The Son Of Shut Up 'n Play Yer Guitar, London Symphony Orchestra Vol. I & London Symphony Orchestra Vol. II as discrete single-disc releases?

Or will we see Joe's Garage Acts I, II & III, Shut Up 'n Play Yer Guitar, & London Symphony Orchestra Vol. I & II as 2- or 3-disc collections/boxsets?

I really wanna know! Someone help me, please!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:52 pm 

Probably old news, but they are being bundled together.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:28 am 

The official release numbers are a wee bit spastic in my opinion. Individual albums as they first came out have official release numbers ... makes sense. The old masters boxes have official release numbers ... makes no sense. Release numbers within a release number. Joe's Garage 1,2 & 3 has no official release number ... makes no sense compared to giving the old masters boxes official release numbers ... does that mean when it comes out again it will have #28 and #29 on the box?, just like with the three release numbers on the triple CD box release of SUAPYG?, which, by the way, don't coincide with the original numbers. Similarly, LSO 1 & 2 has no official release number. Don't you ever try to understand it, you don't wanna know what ...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:35 am 

We ALLL bundle.