Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:38 pm 

I just bought three of the new Zappa reissues at a record store: Ruben & The Jets, JABFLA, and Chunga's Revenge. The latter two sounded great, but I was diappointed to hear that the Ruben CD was the awful 1987 master! :? Why would they do this??

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:44 pm 

beajerkgotowork wrote:
I just bought three of the new Zappa reissues at a record store: Ruben & The Jets, JABFLA, and Chunga's Revenge. The latter two sounded great, but I was diappointed to hear that the Ruben CD was the awful 1987 master! :? Why would they do this??

Because it was out of print and the LP mix is available on Greasy Love Songs.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:51 pm 

beajerkgotowork wrote:

Because maybe Greasy love songs got quality sound already now buy
that only thing Jaypfunk been correct on :mrgreen: if you hot money fall out your ass.side not they can and did make CD when it first came out either players changed or the CD it self which is what I go for they fuck up more than ever by the day the first FZ Zap1 Plays perfect full of scratches I had it give too me that why never sticks though.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:53 pm 

BTW, this has been discussed in the "Frank Zappa 2012 Reissues" thread for the past couple of weeks. Did you not read this thread before you bought them?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:56 pm 

Do you rather mean a remaster of the 1987 remix with drumz'n'basz?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:57 pm 

dlokazip wrote:
BTW, this has been discussed in the "Frank Zappa 2012 Reissues" thread for the past couple of weeks. Did you not read this thread before you bought them?

Unfortunately not. :( But that's no problem, I do have Greasy Love Songs on CD I just liked the original artwork better so I thought I'd get it again. I do have to say I'm pleased with the packaging regardless.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:04 pm 

beajerkgotowork wrote:
I do have Greasy Love Songs on CD I just liked the original artwork better so I thought I'd get it again. I do have to say I'm pleased with the packaging regardless.

I agree with your sentiments, but still...you have Greasy Love Songs anyway, so what's the issue? Now you have a better sounding copy of the remix as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:10 pm 

beajerkgotowork wrote:
dlokazip wrote:

Unfortunately not. :( But that's no problem, I do have Greasy Love Songs on CD I just liked the original artwork better so I thought I'd get it again. I do have to say I'm pleased with the packaging regardless.

I know that there are some people who simply switch the discs. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:34 pm 

dlokazip wrote:
I know that there are some people who simply switch the discs. :wink:

That's what I do! :) The reason I made this post was to warn other people, but since it seems everyone already knows, it really has no purpose of existing!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:45 pm 

cleon wrote:
beajerkgotowork wrote:

Because maybe Greasy love songs got quality sound already now buy
that only thing Jaypfunk been correct on :mrgreen: if you hot money fall out your ass.side not they can and did make CD when it first came out either players changed or the CD it self which is what I go for they fuck up more than ever by the day the first FZ Zap1 Plays perfect full of scratches I had it give too me that why never sticks though.

I just got a headache reading that.