Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:36 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 46  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4701
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
DownerMydnyte wrote:
Sheeesh. When are you gonna come to my defense, Kapt? :wink:


I'll defend you DM (even if you don't want me to)! :wink:

BTW slime.oofytv.set quoted me out of context too - if you can be arsed to look back (few will take the trouble), I withdrew the remark about DB receiving advice from Isaac and admitted that he received advice from Emperor Palpatine instead - I don't care either way, tho' :D .

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 3504
Location: Vancouver, BC
downer mydnyte wrote:
Congrats to Slime. The Disco Boy seal of approval! Impressive. And it's nice of him to stand up for the weak. Hell, he even quoted me out of context and still managed to receive the DB seal of approval. Righteous.


What you don't seem to realize is that slime's point and quotes don't require the full quote in this case. And that's because his point basically had to do with how you guys ALWAYS flame me whenever I state something you either disagree with or know is true but are too full of yourselves to admit it. And hence, you start throwing ad hominems at me instead of engaging in healthy debate.

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Isn't it up to us to help DB to see the way? Shouldn't we be all for one and one for all or shouldn't we at least try? We're all ZappaFreaks here. It's a condition that effects people differently, like some diseases, that you wouldn't beliezes. Who else has Mud Shark envy but us? Who else wonders what a poodle will do while playing with tweezers and a lighter? Or order a glass of OJ at a Holiday Inn without FZ in mind? Eh? Hmm? Huh? Chicka, chicka, boom, boom... Oh yeahhhhh! I like DB, with a little steerage from us, he'll be a fine orator someday.

Or not. Lets keep an open mind.


Dude, WTF? To see the way? And which way would that be?

Btw, I'm already a decent orator.

brainpang wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
BINGO!
slime gets it!


There you go again. Slimes comment could very well mean that you are an insane narcissist who is relentless in his pursuit of nothingness/egotism and will never admit to any shortcomings so we may as well stop beating a dead horse. Of course this would never dawn on you. And THAT is the reason I mock and toy with you.


You obviously didn't read slime's post very carefully, especially his comment at the bottom of it, if you truly believe that. And what you don't understand is that I have admitted whenever I have been wrong. It doesn't happen often because I always do extensive research before forming opinions or stating facts regarding the topics in question.

brainpang wrote:
Here's a simple one that you could address in a last ditch attempt to improve your standing: explain the cue/queue thing. Your FREE dictionary pastings just left things terribly vague and didn't do too much to enforce your boasting of a steel trap mind.


I already did explain things clearly. Just because you don't understand basic English is not my problem.

And btw, I believe my "standing" is fine - and I could give two shits if you think otherwise.

brainpang wrote:
ps REMINDER: I've mentioned several times that I do not know what your views are. They are not important to me. So how I can secretly agree with you is nigh impossible. I know this is tough for you to get your head around. I just don't find you interesting enough to actually read.


Then wtf do you continuously respond to my posts and throw ad hominems at me, you fucking idiot?


Most of you making a big deal out of this are the equivalent of grade school children.

_________________
:53 - :57...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13138
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
I apologize to anyone who is befuddled. Whether I helped the onset of befuddlism or you were befuddled before me, I wish all you befuddled MF's a safe and happy life.

DM, I didn't think you needed defending. I thought you were doing it quite well yourself. :wink:

DB, I won't be so quick to judge your oratory skills again.

Caputh, my glasshouse really make a mess in a hailstorm doesn't it!?! :shock: :mrgreen:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 2162
Disco Boy wrote:
What you don't seem to realize is that slime's point and quotes don't require the full quote in this case.

Oh, I realized it. Here's why I had a problem with it....
1.You accused me of quoting you out of context yet I did the same thing Slime did- I cut out the unnecessary parts. It wasn't a deception. It was for simplicity. I didn't change the meaning of your post.

2. Don't lump me in with anyone else. I act alone. I don't want to gang up on someone. I don't FLAME you. I tell you what I think about your slanted bullshit. You're obsessed with stats and definitions so you want everything to be about stats and definitions. Fuck that. Stats lie. Words have two meanings. You want to argue only on your own terms. You want me to adhere to your debating rules. Fuck that. This is not court. You want to play games with words, like some shyster lawyer writing up a deceptive contract. No thanks.

This is a Zappa forum and you're trying to be an authority. Anyone trying to put themselves forth as an authority on a Zappa forum should be ridiculed mercilessly (unless they truly are an authority). Words are not proof. There's very little "proof" on the internet. Even pictures and videos can easily deceive. Your own words are the biggest gathering of evidence we have when it comes to you. They reveal your personality or lack thereof. The idea of sitting on my ass trying to win a phony debate with someone on the internet in the middle of summer is about as fun to me as drowning. In fact, I think I'm gonna take a midnight swim.


______________
Professor Irving Fischer (Yale economist): "Stocks have reached what looks like a permanently high plateau" 1929


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 7:29 pm
Posts: 9570
downer, that post came up about two-thirds short, but a good starting point ... this thread was rolling along in it's typical dysfunctional zappa forum style, more or less on-topic for about 30 pages, when the 1st off-topic inflammatory comment shows up, your post #775 [economic downturn, wtf¿ ] ; his roxy avatar is in every fucking post but you had dump it on this thread, fair enough, this is the legendary unmoderated zappa forum & anything goes, hence, you are the 1st quote in my post; there's no context to be taken other than the title of my original post [go back & read] resulting in downer_midnyte et.al, not just lumped in, but leading the entire mob of clowns cue-ing up for yet another dozen pages of circle jerk ... the fire had died down, ya chopped a little wood, caputh poked it around, hj, spacebro, brainpang & dcb proceeded to go all the way down ... y'all are a fine girl





spacebrother wrote:
...when he decided to put Caputh and on his ignore list

the following edit by slime.o.set : omitted content of original post is contextually irrelevant ...
Image

caputh wrote:
db wrote:
... I've placed Caputh and SPACEBROTHER on my ignore list...

the following edit by slime.o.set : omitted content of original post is contextually irrelevant ...
Image


classic move, working like a charm, you guys are fucking killing yourselves, like apeshit city that any spewage you fling only sticks if someone quotes it






for the record, k.kiirk is clean on this one; a lean, mean, reamed-out machine - he is so fucking clean ... he do yer laundry

_________________
Image


Last edited by slime.oofytv.set on Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 2162
slime.oofytv.set wrote:
leading the entire mob of clowns cue-ing up for yet another dozen pages of circle jerk

What can I say? I find this emotional human interaction more entertaining than discussing Roxy By Proxy.

Slime, are you the Judge and jury now? You're no better than me for what you've shown.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4701
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
Dear slime.oofytv.set. It pains me deeply that you, O wise one, would find: "the content of my original post contextually irrelevant". Since your analytical abilities are known far and wide, I wonder if at school you every had to take literary analysis in English or, indeed, history classes?

If so, one of the questions I am sure they asked you sooner or later was "Compare and contrast".

Try it here.

Compare and contrast the level of aggressive, humorless vituperation in a) and b):

a)
slime.oofytv.set wrote:
son of owned some more wrote:
downer mydnyte wrote:
I'm confused by your new signature...
hj wrote:
Location: Vancouver, BC
I am confused. Did the US take over Canada?
...
spacebrother wrote:
For managing to singlehandedly turn the Roxy thread into yet another...
caputh wrote:
I wouldn't consider it beyond the realms of possibility that DB takes "advice" from Isaac ...
brainpang wrote:
That's 3 against 1, you lose...
lumpy gravy wrote:
it's 'right on cue', knucklehead.
dc boogie wrote:
From the Oxford English Dictionary, considering Disko Boy's love of lexical definitions ...


b)
Disco Boy wrote:
Shitheads like YOU are the problem,

just maybe you'll finally get something right one of these days...

I'll discuss whatever the FUCK I want to, asshole

Your diarrhoea-filled-ultra-moronic nonsense gets old fast. In fact, at this point, I'm positive you wouldn't be able to answer ANY of my questions honestly if your life depended on it, asshole...



This is the entire point about DB. Harmless, humourous banter, accompanied by vague disagreement in any form that should offend no one, is immediately answered by what you rightly referred to as pitbull behaviour. This can happen in any thread you care to name, regardless of the topic. What seperates us is that I don't tend to admire pitbulls quite so much. According to you, however, I am not free to express that opinion and neither is anyone else.
Also, I haven't noticed many people quoting me in this thread, my darling, and as DB has me on "ignore", I can't be annoying him that much, can I? Why is he still getting so het up? And if I annoy you, put me on ignore, too.

Welcome to a nice game of ring a-ring a roses btw. The clowns say hello.

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Last edited by Caputh on Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:23 am
Posts: 3152
Location: Chicago, IL
I started to read through the last few pages of banter on this thread that I missed over the weekend but quickly realized that I had no more fucks to give. :roll:

_________________
Current favorite new spin: The Ghost of a Saber-Tooth Tiger (Sean Lennon's new act)

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:41 am
Posts: 419
Location: Centerville, Norway
In addition to wit, sarcasm and plain humour, Caputh is clearly a voice of reason. You put him on ignore, that's what you miss out on. So what's left? Some disjointed stats and facts, without reason. Over and out.

_________________
If I'm not alone... How long have I been asleep?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4701
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
Thank you D.C. Boogie! :) And the same to you.

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:23 am
Posts: 3152
Location: Chicago, IL
10-4: I am in agreement with the both of you. :)

_________________
Current favorite new spin: The Ghost of a Saber-Tooth Tiger (Sean Lennon's new act)

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:18 pm
Posts: 2951
Location: Between the Badges
DC Boogie wrote:
In addition to wit, sarcasm and plain humour, Caputh is clearly a voice of reason. You put him on ignore, that's what you miss out on. So what's left? Some disjointed stats and facts, without reason. Over and out.

And yet in his post above, he totally left the "b)" off of a list that only includes a) and b)! Clearly shooting from the cuff with no ability to reason!

_________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Don't Be Stupid Unless You Want To


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:23 am
Posts: 3152
Location: Chicago, IL
The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
And yet in his post above, he totally left the "b)" off of a list that only includes a) and b)! Clearly shooting from the cuff with no ability to reason!


Ha - that's awesome! I just took a look at what you're talking about (I had given up caring by that point of the back/forth)...

_________________
Current favorite new spin: The Ghost of a Saber-Tooth Tiger (Sean Lennon's new act)

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5659
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
I have a question for slime.oofytv.set...

Of all of the fights and pissing matches like this that's occured on the forum for all of these years, some of which you yourself have contributed to (including the instance where you asked me to help you to "bury the fucker" in a pm a couple of years back), I'm curious as to why you're defending and siding with Disco Boy of all people here?



...and btw, not one single person has quoted me on this thread besides you.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4701
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
DC Boogie wrote:
In addition to wit, sarcasm and plain humour, Caputh is clearly a voice of reason. You put him on ignore, that's what you miss out on. So what's left? Some disjointed stats and facts, without reason. Over and out.

And yet in his post above, he totally left the "b)" off of a list that only includes a) and b)! Clearly shooting from the cuff with no ability to reason!


Ooh, I did! I'll correct it! Thank you, Arkay (how do you shoot from the cuff exactly?)

And I spelled "separates" wrong, too, damn it!

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
...and btw, not one single person has quoted me on this thread besides you.

I have now! :wink:

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:35 am
Posts: 395
One of the best scenes from one of my favorite movies, Thank You For Smoking:

Joey Naylor: ...so what happens when you're wrong?

Nick Naylor: Whoa, Joey I'm never wrong.

Joey Naylor: But you can't always be right...

Nick Naylor: Well, if it's your job to be right, then you're never wrong.

Joey Naylor: But what if you are wrong?

Nick Naylor: OK, let's say that you're defending chocolate, and I'm defending vanilla. Now if I were to say to you: 'Vanilla is the best flavour ice-cream', you'd say...

Joey Naylor: No, chocolate is.

Nick Naylor: Exactly, but you can't win that argument... so, I'll ask you: so you think chocolate is the end all and the all of ice-cream, do you?

Joey Naylor: It's the best ice-cream, I wouldn't order any other.

Nick Naylor: Oh! So it's all chocolate for you is it?

Joey Naylor: Yes, chocolate is all I need.

Nick Naylor: Well, I need more than chocolate, and for that matter I need more than vanilla. I believe that we need freedom. And choice when it comes to our ice-cream, and that Joey Naylor, that is the defintion of liberty.

Joey Naylor: But that's not what we're talking about

Nick Naylor: Ah! But that's what I'm talking about.

Joey Naylor: ...but you didn't prove that vanilla was the best...

Nick Naylor: I didn't have to. I proved that you're wrong, and if you're wrong I'm right.

Joey Naylor: But you still didn't convince me

Nick Naylor: It's that I'm not after you. I'm after them.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:18 pm
Posts: 2951
Location: Between the Badges
Caputh wrote:
...
Thank you, Arkay (how do you shoot from the cuff exactly?)
..:

Well, first get a pair of these and then we'll talk
Image

_________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Don't Be Stupid Unless You Want To


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:33 am
Posts: 3519
Disco Boy wrote:
Then wtf do you continuously respond to my posts and throw ad hominems at me, you fucking idiot?


To upset you? That's how I deal with arrogance. And you take the cake.

As for slime, he spent a lot of effort detailing that a bunch of folks got on your case, stirred the pot. That's it. The judge & jury on what he thinks is still out (not that I care, just that it is illustrative of your narcissism).

Okay, I'm done.
I call BINGO! 'cause I ALWAYS win!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 3504
Location: Vancouver, BC
downer mydnyte wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
What you don't seem to realize is that slime's point and quotes don't require the full quote in this case.

Oh, I realized it. Here's why I had a problem with it....
1.You accused me of quoting you out of context yet I did the same thing Slime did- I cut out the unnecessary parts. It wasn't a deception. It was for simplicity. I didn't change the meaning of your post.


But as usual, the parts you cut out WERE necessary.

downer mydnyte wrote:
2. Don't lump me in with anyone else. I act alone. I don't want to gang up on someone. I don't FLAME you. I tell you what I think about your slanted bullshit. You're obsessed with stats and definitions so you want everything to be about stats and definitions. Fuck that. Stats lie. Words have two meanings. You want to argue only on your own terms. You want me to adhere to your debating rules. Fuck that. This is not court. You want to play games with words, like some shyster lawyer writing up a deceptive contract. No thanks.


Yes, you DO flame me. And I will lump you in with the others whenever you deserve to be. And in this case, like most others, you deserve to be. The reason why I like stats and definitions is because it helps me find the truth through the most objective means possible. That's generally how human beings debate, genius. You, on the other hand, continue pissing in the wind by making outrageous claims without backing up ANY of it. And I don't have any debating rules, apart from the requirement that one must back their shit up when making claims.

downer mydnyte wrote:
This is a Zappa forum and you're trying to be an authority. Anyone trying to put themselves forth as an authority on a Zappa forum should be ridiculed mercilessly (unless they truly are an authority). Words are not proof. There's very little "proof" on the internet. Even pictures and videos can easily deceive. Your own words are the biggest gathering of evidence we have when it comes to you. They reveal your personality or lack thereof. The idea of sitting on my ass trying to win a phony debate with someone on the internet in the middle of summer is about as fun to me as drowning. In fact, I think I'm gonna take a midnight swim.


I'm not trying to be an authority. What I'm doing is backing my shit up. There's a difference. I swear, the way you debate is GUARANTEED to make ANY practising and knowledgeable lawyer laugh his ass off. But I'm sure you'll carry on indulging in your paranoid ways and keep pissing in the wind - you're exceptional at it...

DC Boogie wrote:
In addition to wit, sarcasm and plain humour, Caputh is clearly a voice of reason. You put him on ignore, that's what you miss out on. So what's left? Some disjointed stats and facts, without reason. Over and out.


Lay off the crack pipe, will ya? Caputh advocates Socialism and thinks it is the future. That's how much of a genius he is. :roll:

brainpang wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
Then wtf do you continuously respond to my posts and throw ad hominems at me, you fucking idiot?


To upset you? That's how I deal with arrogance. And you take the cake.

As for slime, he spent a lot of effort detailing that a bunch of folks got on your case, stirred the pot. That's it. The judge & jury on what he thinks is still out (not that I care, just that it is illustrative of your narcissism).

Okay, I'm done.
I call BINGO! 'cause I ALWAYS win!


There you go AGAIN. Just like downer mydnyte, you throw ad hominems at me without backing your shit up and dealing with the topic at hand. A 5 year old can claim "you're wrong" or "you're arrogant." But in case you don't know, it actually takes brain power to explain to the person WHY they're incorrect and in a convincing manner - which you apparently just don't want to do or can't do. I personally think it's because you know you can't do it.

And btw, I'm not upset, nor am I a narcissist. But you, on the other hand, are one of THE most arrogant assholes on this board. Which is amusing because you don't even seem to realize your own hypocrisy...

This is a message board. So one would think that healthy and engaging debate would take place. It actually once did in the early days of this forum and on a large scale. Nowadays, not so much...

slime (who I've known for probably 10 years) seems to be the only one here who gets my point AND what I'm doing. Oh well...

_________________
:53 - :57...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5659
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
ImageYou Disco Douche? A healthy engaging debater? Image Good one!!!


You've been proven wrong so often, that you had to put me on ignore just so you wouldn't have to face the repercussions of failing and failing hard. All you do is make claims about stuff that are nonfactual, but try to pass it off as if you think you're an authority on any given subject.

Image







Basically, the guy can dish it out, but can't take it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4701
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
Disco Boy wrote:
Lay off the crack pipe, will ya? Caputh advocates Socialism and thinks it is the future. That's how much of a genius he is. :roll:



The first person who posted the words socialism "is the future" on this forum is Disco Boy IMHO...

Disco Boy wrote:
But then again, socialism is the future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19887&p=568566&hilit=Socialism+is+the+future#p568566

But let's not be unfair...

Disco Boy wrote:
the reason why I haven't posted your quote is simply because I can't find it or that you deleted it. :roll:


viewtopic.php?f=10&t=25076&p=592286&hilit=Socialism+is+the+future#p592286


Which is obviously very hard evidence indeed as...

Disco Boy wrote:
It was my claim, but I am NOT wrong. I'd bet my LIFE on it.


viewtopic.php?f=10&t=25076&p=592554&hilit=Socialism+is+the+future#p592554

In any case we all know he is an expert in telepathy and prophesy...

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:20 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:33 am
Posts: 3519
Disco Boy wrote:
And btw, I'm not upset, nor am I a narcissist. But you, on the other hand, are one of THE most arrogant assholes on this board. Which is amusing because you don't even seem to realize your own hypocrisy...


Can't we kiss and make up?
No hypocrisy, I know when I am being offensive.
But obviously you do not (that is why you are compared to Trendy)
Don't be a sore loser.
It's not my fault you lack the necessary skills to educate.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:23 am
Posts: 3152
Location: Chicago, IL
Stop it guys, you'll hurt your throat! :roll: :mrgreen:

_________________
Current favorite new spin: The Ghost of a Saber-Tooth Tiger (Sean Lennon's new act)

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:41 am
Posts: 1177
Disco Boy wrote:
downer mydnyte wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
What you don't seem to realize is that slime's point and quotes don't require the full quote in this case.

Oh, I realized it. Here's why I had a problem with it....
1.You accused me of quoting you out of context yet I did the same thing Slime did- I cut out the unnecessary parts. It wasn't a deception. It was for simplicity. I didn't change the meaning of your post.


But as usual, the parts you cut out WERE necessary.

downer mydnyte wrote:
2. Don't lump me in with anyone else. I act alone. I don't want to gang up on someone. I don't FLAME you. I tell you what I think about your slanted bullshit. You're obsessed with stats and definitions so you want everything to be about stats and definitions. Fuck that. Stats lie. Words have two meanings. You want to argue only on your own terms. You want me to adhere to your debating rules. Fuck that. This is not court. You want to play games with words, like some shyster lawyer writing up a deceptive contract. No thanks.



It strikes me that y
Yes, you DO flame me. And I will lump you in with the others whenever you deserve to be. And in this case, like most others, you deserve to be. The reason why I like stats and definitions is because it helps me find the truth through the most objective means possible. That's generally how human beings debate, genius. You, on the other hand, continue pissing in the wind by making outrageous claims without backing up ANY of it. And I don't have any debating rules, apart from the requirement that one must back their shit up when making claims.

downer mydnyte wrote:
This is a Zappa forum and you're trying to be an authority. Anyone trying to put themselves forth as an authority on a Zappa forum should be ridiculed mercilessly (unless they truly are an authority). Words are not proof. There's very little "proof" on the internet. Even pictures and videos can easily deceive. Your own words are the biggest gathering of evidence we have when it comes to you. They reveal your personality or lack thereof. The idea of sitting on my ass trying to win a phony debate with someone on the internet in the middle of summer is about as fun to me as drowning. In fact, I think I'm gonna take a midnight swim.


I'm not trying to be an authority. What I'm doing is backing my shit up. There's a difference. I swear, the way you debate is GUARANTEED to make ANY practising and knowledgeable lawyer laugh his ass off. But I'm sure you'll carry on indulging in your paranoid ways and keep pissing in the wind - you're exceptional at it...

DC Boogie wrote:
In addition to wit, sarcasm and plain humour, Caputh is clearly a voice of reason. You put him on ignore, that's what you miss out on. So what's left? Some disjointed stats and facts, without reason. Over and out.


Lay off the crack pipe, will ya? Caputh advocates Socialism and thinks it is the future. That's how much of a genius he is. :roll:

brainpang wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
Then wtf do you continuously respond to my posts and throw ad hominems at me, you fucking idiot?


To upset you? That's how I deal with arrogance. And you take the cake.

As for slime, he spent a lot of effort detailing that a bunch of folks got on your case, stirred the pot. That's it. The judge & jury on what he thinks is still out (not that I care, just that it is illustrative of your narcissism).

Okay, I'm done.
I call BINGO! 'cause I ALWAYS win!


There you go AGAIN. Just like downer mydnyte, you throw ad hominems at me without backing your shit up and dealing with the topic at hand. A 5 year old can claim "you're wrong" or "you're arrogant." But in case you don't know, it actually takes brain power to explain to the person WHY they're incorrect and in a convincing manner - which you apparently just don't want to do or can't do. I personally think it's because you know you can't do it.

And btw, I'm not upset, nor am I a narcissist. But you, on the other hand, are one of THE most arrogant assholes on this board. Which is amusing because you don't even seem to realize your own hypocrisy...

This is a message board. So one would think that healthy and engaging debate would take place. It actually once did in the early days of this forum and on a large scale. Nowadays, not so much...

slime (who I've known for probably 10 years) seems to be the only one here who gets my point AND what I'm doing. Oh well...



It strikes me that your 'point' is to irritate everyone and tell them that they've 'failed' if they don't 'get it'.
Is that the intention...like some sort of weird dadaesque contrary performance artist?
If that isn't your point, what is it?
If that is your point I guess you have succeeded, but it seems a fairly futile exercise.

So, instead of saying everything 'one more time for the world', in big letters, please, just explain your intention.

Cheers,

Q (no pun intended...well maybe a little bit...)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:33 am
Posts: 3519
Image

torture? accompanied by screaming?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 46  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group