Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:09 am 

The thread that keeps on giving. Disco Knob has proven one thing...that he has no filter and is incapable of helping himself. An instant classic meltdown of epic proportions.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:40 am 

I think he gets his homonyms and his ad hominems mixed up

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:58 am 

As well as his homo sapiens.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:41 am 

That could come from holding his homo erectus too long.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:49 pm 

I feel like saying "the blind now see", my Crapdetector was going off months ago and I took a lot of heat for calling bullshit...where and the fuck is Slime now... :smoke:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:15 pm 

Plook wrote:
I feel like saying "the blind now see", my Crapdetector was going off months ago and I took a lot of heat for calling bullshit...where and the fuck is Slime now... :smoke:

I know exactly how you feel and can relate. 8)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:21 am 

Plook wrote:
I got tickets to the Roxy show, I think we get a free download of the Roxy DVD for going to the show... :mrgreen:

:smoke:

Good one ! :smoke:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:11 am 

OBDULA X wrote:
Plook wrote:
I got tickets to the Roxy show, I think we get a free download of the Roxy DVD for going to the show... :mrgreen:

:smoke:

Good one ! :smoke:

Actually, you get a hologram of Ruth playing the vibes when you pay the SPECIAL and HIGHLY SECRET Dweezilla insider rate, only available to friends of Trendmonger - have a great show! :lol: :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:30 pm 

HJ wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
And speaking of misquotes, I NEVER stated or implied that anyone here can't know what meaning of the word I intended when using it. But I did state certain people here can't know what meaning of the word I intended when using it.

I didn't quote you. Get your facts straight. I offered my interpretation of your "queue defense". My interpretations are not the same as a quote of you. I thought you would knew that; overwhelming evidence supports it.

The fuck? You utilized quotations to either quote, paraphrase or interpret what you thought I meant?! And now you're claiming something different?! Here it is AGAIN.:

HJ wrote:
The Disco Boy Law of Final Arguments: "We cannot know what meaning of the word he intended when using it"...

This is also known as Backpedaling 101.

HJ wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
And I already posted the definitions of the words "cue" and "queue" proving that they share at least one of the same meanings. If you want me to post them again, just let me know...

Please don't. They didn't give any clue to the matter at hand: Namely, what did you mean when you constantly said "Right on queue"? (Hence, I must belong to the group of "certain people" as opposed to "anyone here" :roll: .)

I already went over this when I posted definitions of the two words in question, which clearly showed they at least share the one meaning in question. Pay attention.

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:50 pm 

Go have some fun, dude - it's Friday night. :smoke:

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:57 pm 

PenguinInBondage wrote:
Go have some fun, dude - it's Friday night.

PIBS right DB. It's just 10pmPST out here. Time to go out and hear some music, dance and flirt with the babes.
I'm outta here! You just getting in PIB? :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:23 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:

Nah, I'm being a good boy and staying in to unpack and setup the house some more...

Got something new for the walls though! :wink:

(and an Uncle Meat and a Burnt Weeny to match it!) :mrgreen:

Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:17 am 

Disco Boy wrote:
HJ wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
And speaking of misquotes, I NEVER stated or implied that anyone here can't know what meaning of the word I intended when using it. But I did state certain people here can't know what meaning of the word I intended when using it.

I didn't quote you. Get your facts straight. I offered my interpretation of your "queue defense". My interpretations are not the same as a quote of you. I thought you would knew that; overwhelming evidence supports it.

The fuck? You utilized quotations to either quote, paraphrase or interpret what you thought I meant?! And now you're claiming something different?! Here it is AGAIN.:

HJ wrote:
The Disco Boy Law of Final Arguments: "We cannot know what meaning of the word he intended when using it"...

This is also known as Backpedaling 101.

You ask (?) that I used quotations to "either quote, paraphrase or interpret what you thought I meant". Then you state I am claiming something different? That must mean a fourth thing. Which? (FYI, I meant that your argument to me has the following meaning: "We cannot know what meaning of the word he intended when using it" - just as you quote).

Oh, and"Backpedaling 101" must be an Ad Hominem-failed attempt at humor #345. :D

Disco Boy wrote:
HJ wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
And I already posted the definitions of the words "cue" and "queue" proving that they share at least one of the same meanings. If you want me to post them again, just let me know...

Please don't. They didn't give any clue to the matter at hand: Namely, what did you mean when you constantly said "Right on queue"? (Hence, I must belong to the group of "certain people" as opposed to "anyone here" :roll: .)

I already went over this when I posted definitions of the two words in question, which clearly showed they at least share the one meaning in question. Pay attention.

So you don't want to give away what you meant? Come on, say it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:04 pm 

PenguinInBondage wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:

Nah, I'm being a good boy and staying in to unpack and setup the house some more...

Got something new for the walls though! :wink:

(and an Uncle Meat and a Burnt Weeny to match it!) :mrgreen:

Very tasteful man, I dig the fins...and the hardwood floors. Central heating?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:34 pm 

HJ wrote:
You ask (?) that I used quotations to "either quote, paraphrase or interpret what you thought I meant". Then you state I am claiming something different? That must mean a fourth thing. Which? (FYI, I meant that your argument to me has the following meaning: "We cannot know what meaning of the word he intended when using it" - just as you quote).

Wtf are you talking about? You misquoted AND misinterpreted what I've stated. Pure and simple. Stop blurring the lines and posting like Caputh - he posts like this whenever he can't get himself out of a corner, especially since he can't admit whenever he's wrong (unless it's something trivial), which is often.

HJ wrote:
Oh, and"Backpedaling 101" must be an Ad Hominem-failed attempt at humor #345. :D

No, it's not.

HJ wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:

Wtf? Give what away? I've already posted how both words share one of the same definitions. What more do you need?

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:54 pm 

Kiirk - ha - thanks man! It's coming along... Yes to the central heating (and air). I'll post some more pics over on Plook's thread once there's really something worth taking a pic of.

DB - seriously man, go make some friends. Think happy thoughts - they last longer and get you further... :wink:

Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:11 am 

Dorko Dick wrote:
...Pay attention.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:12 pm 

Disco Boy wrote:
HJ wrote:

Wtf are you talking about? You misquoted AND misinterpreted what I've stated. Pure and simple. Stop blurring the lines and posting like Caputh - he posts like this whenever he can't get himself out of a corner, especially since he can't admit whenever he's wrong (unless it's something trivial), which is often.

HJ wrote:

No, it's not.

HJ wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:

Wtf? Give what away? I've already posted how both words share one of the same definitions. What more do you need?

Ok. My patience is up. You refuse to answer simple questions, but just keep recycling the same absurd nonsense over and over (throwing in Ad Hominems along the way - not that I mind, but you seem to consider it in poor style when others do; but hey, double standards are twice as good as having standards)

And by the way, "Backpedaling 101" actually is a failed attempt at humor. You just missed it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:40 pm 

I've encountered the phrase "ad hominem(s)" maybe two or three times throughout my entire life (Nineteen short years). Since the first use by Disco Boy of this phrase, I've seen the text and so many (admittedly clever) variants thereof that I have actually developed an undesired internal hatred of:
1) Seeing those letters grouped together
2) Hearing those phonetic sounds together
3) Fucking dweebs who resort to such redundant self-victimization (and on the INTERNET of all god-forsaken places)
Disco Boy, I kindly suggest you either expand your vocabulary, or stop fighting a losing battle with no real plausible victory. And that's no personal attack, that's some friendly--if brash and unsolicited--consultation.

That said, I still feel like I wasted precious moments of my life typing this up, so I had a smoke to make it worth it. :smoke:

Edit: I almost forgot, I don't know how many of you have heard, but Roxy by Proxy is now up for pre-order.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:11 pm 

Buckalos wrote:
Edit: I almost forgot, I don't know how many of you have heard, but Roxy by Proxy is now up for pre-order.

So are you going to pre order?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:17 pm 

HJ wrote:
Ok. My patience is up. You refuse to answer simple questions, but just keep recycling the same absurd nonsense over and over (throwing in Ad Hominems along the way - not that I mind, but you seem to consider it in poor style when others do; but hey, double standards are twice as good as having standards)

And by the way, "Backpedaling 101" actually is a failed attempt at humor. You just missed it.

I refuse to answer simple questions?! Are you fucking kidding me?! I've answered your questions. But they're just not the answers you want to hear. I have not ONCE thrown an ad hominem at ANYONE here, unless I've had a prolonged history with posters that no longer have credibility with me. I back up my shit when I debate. On the other hand, you little weasels have yet to contradict ANY of my recent points with convincing evidence. And we know why that is...

And btw, my statement, "Backpedaling 101", wasn't meant to be humourous, genius.

Buckalos wrote:
I've encountered the phrase "ad hominem(s)" maybe two or three times throughout my entire life (Nineteen short years). Since the first use by Disco Boy of this phrase, I've seen the text and so many (admittedly clever) variants thereof that I have actually developed an undesired internal hatred of:
1) Seeing those letters grouped together
2) Hearing those phonetic sounds together
3) Fucking dweebs who resort to such redundant self-victimization (and on the INTERNET of all god-forsaken places)
Disco Boy, I kindly suggest you either expand your vocabulary, or stop fighting a losing battle with no real plausible victory. And that's no personal attack, that's some friendly--if brash and unsolicited--consultation.

That said, I still feel like I wasted precious moments of my life typing this up, so I had a smoke to make it worth it. :smoke:

Stop fighting a losing battle?! Are you fucking kidding me?! There's NO battle going on here. I'm playing 'tard ball. And that's because NO ONE here has yet to contradict ANY of my recent points with convincing evidence...

Last edited by Disco Boy on Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:20 pm 

Disco Boy wrote:
And that's because NO ONE here has yet to contradict ANY of my recent points with convincing evidence...

No clue what the fuck your point is anymore, man, so he's not the only one. :roll:

Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:24 pm 

PenguinInBondage wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
And that's because NO ONE here has yet to contradict ANY of my recent points with convincing evidence...

No clue what the fuck your point is anymore, man, so he's not the only one. :roll:

Wow! Yet ANOTHER Z forum poster not paying attention. Big fucking surprise. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:27 pm 

Not so much "not paying attention" as not giving a fuck

Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:40 pm 

PenguinInBondage wrote:
Not so much "not paying attention" as not giving a fuck

Not much difference, if any. :roll:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46  Next