Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 46  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 3609
Location: Vancouver, BC
brainpang wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
If that's the case, then why did at least a handful of other posters respond to my previous post where I only posted ONCE about the off-topic subject in question?


The same reason the DongMonger thread is popular.
2 self-absorbed, humorless know-it-alls that haven't a clue what utter asshole's they are.
Sorry, you raised the question.


Just the response I expected and right on queue. Whenever I ask you logical questions, instead of answering, you throw ad-hominems at me because you know I'm right and can't stand it... :roll:

_________________
:53 - :57...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 15000
The DVD will be four hours, I'm sure. Hehe. But anyway, I'll eventually get this, but there's no great rush. It doesn't sound like there will be any new material, and I've heard the songs lots and lots of times. You know, never mind, I'm not the best person to judge. I don't listen to any of it much.

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 2354
Disco Boy wrote:
Your attempt at comedy is breathtakingly bland. And no, there's nothing confusing about my new sig. Btw, the first depression of our lifetime is not over because it hasn't begun yet. You should pay attention. However, it will in the near future - there will be plenty of other cities like Detroit...

Is it wise to continue spewing claims without compelling evidence or proof like you always do (you know, like how you and many here still believe Capitalism was solely or mostly responsible for the Housing Bubble Crisis, despite the FACT we live in a Mixed Economy and hence if it wasn't for socialistic bailout/protectionist policies that ALLOWED the financial institutions to get away with their scam, we wouldn't be in this mess, since economies, Capitalist or otherwise, with primarily free market principles don't ALLOW that to happen)? Or do you FINALLY have substance behind those accusations?


It wasn't comedy. I was dead serious.
Anyway.....
I didn't make any of those claims. Not one. You are the one who needs to pay attention. Do you even know who you are talking to? My comment was about the wisdom of pre ordering Roxy in the face of the worst financial depression the world has ever known. If the great depression is on the way, why are you promoting the purchasing of frivolous entertainment? It's ludicrous.


________________________

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:33 am
Posts: 3566
Disco Boy wrote:
Just the response I expected and right on queue. Whenever I ask you logical questions, instead of answering, you throw ad-hominems at me because you know I'm right and can't stand it... :roll:


Priceless! Thanks for doing all the heavy lifting.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 3609
Location: Vancouver, BC
downer mydnyte wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
Your attempt at comedy is breathtakingly bland. And no, there's nothing confusing about my new sig. Btw, the first depression of our lifetime is not over because it hasn't begun yet. You should pay attention. However, it will in the near future - there will be plenty of other cities like Detroit...

Is it wise to continue spewing claims without compelling evidence or proof like you always do (you know, like how you and many here still believe Capitalism was solely or mostly responsible for the Housing Bubble Crisis, despite the FACT we live in a Mixed Economy and hence if it wasn't for socialistic bailout/protectionist policies that ALLOWED the financial institutions to get away with their scam, we wouldn't be in this mess, since economies, Capitalist or otherwise, with primarily free market principles don't ALLOW that to happen)? Or do you FINALLY have substance behind those accusations?


It wasn't comedy. I was dead serious.
Anyway.....
I didn't make any of those claims. Not one. You are the one who needs to pay attention. Do you even know who you are talking to?


Of course it wasn't comedy because it wasn't funny at all. And as usual, you change the goal posts and pretend like you never implied, stated or thought what I stated you did above.

downer mydnyte wrote:
My comment was about the wisdom of pre ordering Roxy in the face of the worst financial depression the world has ever known.


No shit, Sherlock. I was making a general comment.

downer mydnyte wrote:
If the great depression is on the way, why are you promoting the purchasing of frivolous entertainment? It's ludicrous.


Why shouldn't I? And where did I state the depression would happen before the release of Roxy by Proxy? I didn't. And that of course renders your point pointless, doesn't it?

brainpang wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
Just the response I expected and right on queue. Whenever I ask you logical questions, instead of answering, you throw ad-hominems at me because you know I'm right and can't stand it... :roll:


Priceless! Thanks for doing all the heavy lifting.


Right on queue AGAIN. And btw, there wasn't any heavy lifting involved...

_________________
:53 - :57...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:35 pm
Posts: 1261
Location: Ohio
Can the donor/distributors start taking pre-orders now too?

_________________
Good writing is clear writing.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 15000
FalseDichotomy wrote:
Can the donor/distributors start taking pre-orders now too?


That would be nice, let's see if we can find one and cut some deals.

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2002 10:51 pm
Posts: 2346
Location: Europe
I maintain my offer of a $5 premium on a non ZFT distributed version. I think anyone bold enough to engage into this peculiar scheme is worthy of a little extra.

_________________
"Everybody in this room is wearing a uniform, and don't kid yourself" - FZ
http://www.myspace.com/kirnehness


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:23 am
Posts: 3273
Location: Chicago, IL
HJ wrote:
I maintain my offer of a $5 premium on a non ZFT distributed version. I think anyone bold enough to engage into this peculiar scheme is worthy of a little extra.


You misspelled Ponzi :mrgreen:

_________________
Current favorite new (to me!) spin: Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights
(Wondering why it took this long for me to recognize her genius!)

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4873
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
Disco Boy wrote:

Right on queue AGAIN. And btw, there wasn't any heavy lifting involved...


It's "cue" and not "queue" but since you're ignoring me, you'll never know...
Signed,
Dr. Pedant

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:33 am
Posts: 3566
Disco Boy wrote:
Right on queue AGAIN. And btw, there wasn't any heavy lifting involved...


What you fail to see is that I always answer your sorta-questions precisely. Using the ad hominem tag is a cop out. But I don't expect you to see. I gave my honest assessment of why people engage you. It was not fun for me to do so. Any further discussions will require a therapist fee.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:53 am
Posts: 2205
Location: Hamilton, NJ
DB and others, I too have earned my stripes in the world of actually ORGANIZING for change, not in the motherfucking revolutionary drawing room or by madturbatory posts on websites.

So, as the Brits might say, let's stop wanking and confine this thread to ROXY. 8)

_________________
If we're dumb . . .
Then God is dumb . . .
(An' maybe even a little bit ugly on the side)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: re: roxy on sale now
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 7:29 pm
Posts: 9597
Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 3609
Location: Vancouver, BC
brainpang wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
Right on queue AGAIN. And btw, there wasn't any heavy lifting involved...


What you fail to see is that I always answer your sorta-questions precisely.


Image

brainpang wrote:
Using the ad hominem tag is a cop out. But I don't expect you to see. I gave my honest assessment of why people engage you. It was not fun for me to do so. Any further discussions will require a therapist fee.


Again, right on queue. ALL you are doing is throwing ad hominems at me but claiming otherwise. That's IT. It's your bread and butter, your stock-in-trade. Your diarrhoea-filled-ultra-moronic nonsense gets old fast. In fact, at this point, I'm positive you wouldn't be able to answer ANY of my questions honestly if your life depended on it, asshole...

_________________
:53 - :57...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2003 11:37 am
Posts: 513
uuummm...
I ordered a copy

please forgive me.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
jeddy wrote:
uuummm...
I ordered a copy

please forgive me.

How dare you! :mrgreen: Funny how these hissy fits spill over every thread "till you don't know what to do". What they need is..., brotherly, otherly, Motherly love. You know your Mother's gonna love you till you don't know what to do!

Your forgiven and may pass go and collect 200 left over copies of Live @ The Roxy License Agreements. :wink: :)

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:53 am
Posts: 2205
Location: Hamilton, NJ
Agreed KAPT.K. I overreacted too. Now, about that ROXY, it would be nice if we got a long KK orDP from that band on those nights...

_________________
If we're dumb . . .
Then God is dumb . . .
(An' maybe even a little bit ugly on the side)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:33 am
Posts: 3566
DISCO BOY WROTE:Again, right on queue. ALL you are doing is throwing ad hominems at me but claiming otherwise. That's IT. It's your bread and butter, your stock-in-trade. Your diarrhoea-filled-ultra-moronic nonsense gets old fast. In fact, at this point, I'm positive you wouldn't be able to answer ANY of my questions honestly if your life depended on it, asshole...END

I'm sorry I have tipped your hand, put you right over the edge. But I'm a firm believer in Gestalt Therapy, so it is all for the greater good, and I'm there with you 100%. These difficult first steps may seem insurmountable now, but I assure you one day you will look back with a sigh of relief, perhaps even a chuckle. I sincerely hope you can work through this.

In the interest of fairness to others, and the fact that this is a thread about a new release, feel free to PM me. I will be happy to answer any questions you may have, providing they are clear and concise. You can do this. No, WE can do this! NO ONE gets better on their own.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2002 10:51 pm
Posts: 2346
Location: Europe
Disco Boy wrote:
Again, right on queue. ALL you are doing is throwing ad hominems at me but claiming otherwise. That's IT. It's your bread and butter, your stock-in-trade. Your diarrhoea-filled-ultra-moronic nonsense gets old fast. In fact, at this point, I'm positive you wouldn't be able to answer ANY of my questions honestly if your life depended on it, asshole...

This is 1.-2.-3. time, so I have to ask: How does a "right-on-queue" work? On cue? Like in 5-4-3-2-1-........

_________________
"Everybody in this room is wearing a uniform, and don't kid yourself" - FZ
http://www.myspace.com/kirnehness


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4873
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
Caputh wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:

Right on queue AGAIN. And btw, there wasn't any heavy lifting involved...


It's "cue" and not "queue" but since you're ignoring me, you'll never know...
Signed,
Dr. Pedant


Awwh, did you have to tell him HJ? :wink: Actually I think "Right on queue" sounds like a big group of people, waiting in line to take their turn to insult Disco Boy. Either that or it's a queue of really cool people who are totally "right on".

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:23 am
Posts: 3273
Location: Chicago, IL
Caputh wrote:
Awwh, did you have to tell him HJ? :wink: Actually I think "Right on queue" sounds like a big group of people, waiting in line to take their turn to insult Disco Boy. Either that or it's a queue of really cool people who are totally "right on".


Right on! Can you hand me my pool queue? :mrgreen:

_________________
Current favorite new (to me!) spin: Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights
(Wondering why it took this long for me to recognize her genius!)

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2003 11:37 am
Posts: 513
Hey!
cool homonym!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 18925
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
jeddy wrote:
Hey!
cool homonym!

Who you callin' a homo-nym!?

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:33 pm
Posts: 671
Location: Puisard Radioactif
I will wait for the DVD i am saving my money.

_________________
Je suis désolé pour les roles que j'ai joué dans toutes ces videos, ce n'est pas tres valorisant pour l'humanité mais si cela peu avoir fait progresser la science, alors il y aura eu un coté positif.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:15 pm
Posts: 119
Location: QC
ZutboF wrote:
I will wait for the DVD i am saving my money.



You may be very rich when the DVD is finally released!

_________________
Blacknapkinophile.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 46  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], wakawazooinregalia' and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group