Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:53 pm 

ZFT,
Why not use Bandcamp to sell the "remastered" catalog at a decent price? You upload 24/96khz files, PDF artwork, buyer gets to choose his favorite format (mp3 320, flac, etc) and you, the ZFT, get at least 85% of the revenue. Better control for you, easy to manage, and you can even add merch into it.

With a decent marketing campaign this could've been huge for you AND the fans.

x

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:13 pm 

akido wrote:
ZFT,
Why not use Bandcamp to sell the "remastered" catalog at a decent price? You upload 24/96khz files, PDF artwork, buyer gets to choose his favorite format (mp3 320, flac, etc) and you, the ZFT, get at least 85% of the revenue. Better control for you, easy to manage, and you can even add merch into it.

x

Bandcamp give you 100% of the revenue, they do not take a commission themselves, i have my own music there, that's how i know.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:06 am 

akido wrote:
ZFT,

x

You better check their recent policies. They do take a cut, as well as Paypal so in the end around 15-17% is taken i think. Which is better than iTunes which grabs 30% right off, without giving a lot of options to both user and content provider.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:34 pm 

akido wrote:
akido wrote:
ZFT,

x

You better check their recent policies. They do take a cut, as well as Paypal so in the end around 15-17% is taken i think. Which is better than iTunes which grabs 30% right off, without giving a lot of options to both user and content provider.

i just looked and its 15%, but that drops to 10% if you make $5'000 usd in sales a year, which they would very easily reach, i think it would be a worthwhile option for the remaining tittles which seem not to be part of the universal deal...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:00 pm 

Why couldn't Gail hire someone to create the same thing on this site and keep almost all of the revenue?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:24 pm 

Anybody?