Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:54 pm 

I ordered Road Tapes Vol 1 @ $ 15 plus $ 21 shipping.

Got UPS tracking - due here today

Then I got an email "an exception in sorting process has occurred . UPS has taken corrective action - in other words they lost it.

I was worried but due date was still today.

End of day nothing - called UPS now scheduled to arrive late Monday.

I paid $ 21 and got screwed.

Second time this has happened - this time I was looking forward to the release.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:58 pm 

I've never done anything but the cheapest. I usually get decent shipping times. I simply can not see the value in rushing something to me, for nearly 3xs the price.
It does suck they lost it though, Music Today should offer you a refund.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:35 pm 

standard shipping = $4 , they owe you 17 bucks

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:21 pm 

plus after 24 hours since their "corrective action" - my package is still in the same place...IMO it went MIA - Music Today will not re-ship it until I call Tuesday and they see it hasn't moved.

THEY SUCK!

Post subject: re: 4 bucks
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:49 pm 

make 'em call up a local taxi & have it on your fucking doorstep by 10:28 am tomorrow morning along with $17 in cash

crozet va --> w.haven ct [in current traffic, i-95 north] 8h 28m

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:54 am 

Music today sucks cock, their packaging sucks moose cock, I have never given them one more dime than I have to. I don't normally have time to listen to my new purchases immediately upon receipt, so fuck 'em. The ZFT is doing much better in getting out product within their own self-imposed timeframes, it would be great if they freed themselves from the music today trolls.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:15 am 

It has made it to Maryland...I think someone is walking it to Connecticut...if you see a UPS guy hitchhiking - please give him a ride.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:28 pm 

OK here is how Music Today's express shipping works - it is ALL UPS ground. It is a 2 day delivery - they just time it to send out as such.

In my case there were 2 screw ups.

1.) It was ready to be picked up by UPS on 11/06/12 at 10:00AM. That looks like it did not happen. It wasn't picked up until 11/08/12.
2.) Once at UPS on 11/08/12 they proceeded to mess it up in the sorting process. It sat in East Bumblefuc VA from 9:00 AM till 9:00 PM collecting dust. They claim that MUSIC TODAY was at fault and MT claims it is UPS. Anyways UPS claims that once they got it on 11/08/12 - my date of delivery was automatically changed to 11/12/12 but they just didn't change the delivery time until late last night.

So $ 21 for express shipping - I only hope that I get it before it is out of print.

MUSIC TODAY does say if I don't get it Monday evening that if I call them on Tuesday - they will send it out again very quickly.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:53 pm 

Demand a refund, you did not get the service you paid for... :smoke:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:16 pm 

I just got a package today from Music Today to Canada. It was $49 international shipping, I ordered the Road Tapes and 6 other titles to make the price worth it (in comparison to one $15 CD anyway, it's off the charts expensive any way you look at it.) They double fucked me anyway. I had to pay the carrier $18.30 extra for "Import Fee". I have ordered from countless American and UK companies, both big and small, and have NEVER had to pay the courier delivering the package an extra charge on top of the shipping I had already agreed to pay.

I fired off an email demanding either a credit or a refund for that amount. I doubt I'll get one. Such horseshit. :evil:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:15 pm 

Ruz-El wrote:
I just got a package today from Music Today to Canada. It was $49 international shipping, I ordered the Road Tapes and 6 other titles to make the price worth it (in comparison to one $15 CD anyway, it's off the charts expensive any way you look at it.) They double fucked me anyway. I had to pay the carrier $18.30 extra for "Import Fee". I have ordered from countless American and UK companies, both big and small, and have NEVER had to pay the courier delivering the package an extra charge on top of the shipping I had already agreed to pay.

I fired off an email demanding either a credit or a refund for that amount. I doubt I'll get one. Such horseshit. :evil:

I've never understood how the post office/customs decide when to charge a fee for imported stuff. I buy lots of CDs and albums from the U.S. and Europe, but don't get charged extra. Sabbs gets packages from India that have a customs fee added to them, so I'm tempted to say size has something to do with it, but yesterday I got the "Lark's Tongues In Aspic" box (14 CDs + printed matter) and it came by postal delivery, no extra charges. A few years ago I recieved a package on which they charged me $5 to put on a sticker saying they didn't open it!!
They must have a Jeopardy wheel at the border that they spin to decide on whether or not to add extra fees.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:41 am 

Bobby wrote:
THEY SUCK!
Totally. They are easily the worst internet seller I've ever dealt with. They don't answer important emails, for instance, one that is sent several days before an actual release to ask if you can add another item to an order. Any other internet seller I have dealt with is way better than these guys and I've been buying stuff on the internet on a fairly regular basis for years now. The postage price is just complete shit. And what am I paying for? Their retarded idea of a safe package to send through the post? It's a joke and I'd laugh at it but for the fact their fees actually double the effective price of the item I'm buying.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:06 pm 

Ruz-El wrote:

Yeah NEVER ship from the USA to Canada via UPS. They will ALWAYS fuck you up the ass, and charge double what it would cost via USPS to Canada Mail. I learned that the hard way once, and never NEVER AGAIN will use UPS for any international shipping. USPS is the best for international in my experience. You just have to make sure you ship Priority Mail International.