Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:45 pm 

Thinman wrote:
I just checked a few threads there at DZW. Seems Gary is not the only brown-noser who settled there.

Th.

Oh do tell... :smoke:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:29 pm 

brunofulax wrote:
Quote:
The CD or individual tracks may not be uploaded to file sharing sites (of any kind) for sale via digital download or sold via any other digital distribution method.

well, looks like great deal.
Is a USB flashdrive or a SD card considered as a digital distribution method?
And what would be the difference between this and a CD?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:14 am 

The serious question here is about what they intend to spend this money on:-

I thought they were going to issue a DVD set of all three shows - complete, unadulterated, history-as-it-happened.
A 90-minute movie for limited distribution in theatres?! What century are you living in? And who do you think your target audience is?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:09 am 

Thinman wrote:
I just checked a few threads there at DZW. Seems Gary is not the only brown-noser who settled there.

Th.

There are a lot of fawning fan types there but last I checked nobody was in Gary's league. He's a sycophant of his own.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:16 pm 

KUIII wrote:
Thinman wrote:

Th.

There are a lot of fawning fan types there but last I checked nobody was in Gary's league. He's a sycophant of his own.

I'm a semi-regular on there.Nothing compared to Trendy Gary.Your not allowed to be negative or the regulars all come down on you.The trouble there is you can't critisize or critique anything without it being misinterpreted as a negative comment.Even when the person posts himself playing guitar and asks for comment,both negative and positive,to help him.Nothing personnel,ya know? Well,it can't happen there,you'll have all sorts of PM messages and post saying what a bully/mean person you are etcetera,if you try and help.It's hard to be yourself on there.No swearing,no dissing,no negativity,no questioning.It's a Disney model for parents and thier kids to comunicate through modern music in that Disney family way.
Dweezil Zappa's Zombies vs Johnny Depp and the Arrrrggganauts.Leave thier hair alone,but don't forget to buy a personnaly signed comb on your way out! :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:10 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
KUIII wrote:
Thinman wrote:

Th.

I'm a semi-regular on there.Nothing compared to Trendy Gary.Your not allowed to be negative or the regulars all come down on you.The trouble there is you can't critisize or critique anything without it being misinterpreted as a negative comment.Even when the person posts himself playing guitar and asks for comment,both negative and positive,to help him.Nothing personnel,ya know? Well,it can't happen there,you'll have all sorts of PM messages and post saying what a bully/mean person you are etcetera,if you try and help.It's hard to be yourself on there.No swearing,no dissing,no negativity,no questioning.

Wow, that's fucking creepy. It's like Scientology or something. For a cover band!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:45 am 

The paranoid anti-negativity thing goes way back to 1970 and beyond - I remember Gail chastising Frank for being too negative in that Dutch tv documentary from the Flo & Eddie era.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:39 am 

DC Boogie wrote:
The paranoid anti-negativity thing goes way back to 1970 and beyond - I remember Gail chastising Frank for being too negative in that Dutch tv documentary from the Flo & Eddie era.

You had to bring that up. You're horrible.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:31 am 

calvin2hikers wrote:
DC Boogie wrote:

Thank you for bringing that up. You're such a nice person :mrgreen:

Thanks, I know. Which reminds me - how's your mom, cal?

O, btw, here's the quote - around 0.35-0.40 - "could you answer more positively?" --

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHiSgHlvLaw

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:10 am 

Passed away almost 13 years ago. Being negative again I see!!! :P