Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:51 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 4:23 pm 

Some of the ones I never liked:<br><br>Almost all of the Beat The Boots discs<br>Studio Tan<br>Sleep Dirt<br>Orchestral Favorites<br>Have I Offended Someone?<br>Mystery Disc<br><br>

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 2:08 pm 

<br>[quote author=josh link=board=albums&num=1030497271&start=0#2 date=08/27/02 at 20:13:06]<br> LSO-volumes 1 & 2<br> <br>[/quote]<br><br>LSO is a cool cover. The '95 version is simple, yet it looks important. The old cover with the black cat is a great FZ photo.<br>My least favorites would be the "dog ones"-Them or Us, Francesco Zappa, Perfect Stranger. The Sleep Dirt/Studio Tan/Orchestral Favorites covers are pretty cheesy too.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2002 12:24 am 

the original does humor belong in music?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 6:58 am 

I'm not really fond of any of the Gary Panter-covers (ST, SD, OF), and Orchestral Favorites is just plain ugly. I do like the Lather-cover but it reminds me a lot of Pink Floyd's 'Atom Heart Mother'. And I think the 'Fillmore East'-cover is fun, it's supposed to look like an old bootleg album, right? (it sounds a lot like a bootleg too, but I don't think that was intentional...) Notice the credits on the album - cover by Cal Schenkel (He made me do it).  ;D<br><br>But a nice album cover and packaging is just a bonus, the music is more important to me (of course!). :)<br><br>

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 12:01 pm 

I don't like the artworks for Playground Psychotics or both Cheap Thrills releases. I can't say why. I don't like them.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 11:05 pm 

i think Läther is the worst cover, i mean what has this silly cow to do with Läther ? Läther is no parody of Atom Heart Mother.<br>I don't like the Studio Tan Cover, it reminds me of a cheap version of Tom & Jerry...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 2:58 am 

I can't believe anyone thinks the Filmore cover stinks. I love it. I do however agree with the general consensus that the OF< ST covers suck. The worst however in my opinion is Have I offeded someone.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 6:32 am 

For me the worst are the ones WB slammed on releases like Studio Tan, Sleep Dirt and Orchestral Favorites, My favs are the early Mothers albums like Uncle Meat and Burt Weeney Sandwich.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 8:21 am 

Location: Wandering aimlessly through the American wasteland...
<br>[quote author=Dances link=board=albums&num=1030497271&start=0#14 date=09/18/02 at 09:32:32]<br>For me the worst are the ones WB slammed on releases like Studio Tan, Sleep Dirt and Orchestral Favorites, My favs are the early Mothers albums like Uncle Meat and Burt Weeney Sandwich.<br>[/quote]<br>I remember what an impact Studio Tan had, seeing it for the first time.  It was just plain hard getting my mind around the whole thing - cool.  Those covers had a real sense of "underground" to them, which made them special and very interesting to me.  Very mysterious.<br><br>On OrchFavs, is that guy a dick head or what? <br><br>ScrotumChin.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 9:52 am 

arghhhh!<br>STUDIO TAN : A TERRIBLE ALBUM WITH A TERRIBLE COVER :'(

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 10:08 am 

Uncle Meat, Burnt Weeny Sandwich, Threesome Vol. 1 & 2 are<br>my favourites. I Like these indigested covers.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 2:32 pm 

my least favourite cover is ship arrived too late to save drowning witch. that cover is just too boring

The United States is a nation of laws: badly written and randomly enfroced

my msn messanger email is elemeno_peep@hotmail.com

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 5:51 am 

<br>As very many of you : i don't like Sleep Dirt, Ochestral F & Studio Tan.<br><br>Also on my minus-list of covers: Just another band from LA.<br><br>And I do like the Ship & the Fillmore covers very much. I don't mind if you don't, of course.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 10:02 am 

:)There is a very beatiful Zappa album cover that I particularly apreciate very much. The Bongo Fury cover concept. :)