Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 951 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 39  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:30 pm 

I find this back'n'forth banter immensely entertaining, but then I'm easily entertained.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:44 pm 

One more time for the world! < ironic joke considering. Gray Ghost's posts bumped my witty comeback, I hadda do sumtin'!
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
NuclearProstate wrote:
I used to think pretty much everyone on this forum were fairly smart. But now the holes are starting to become clearer.

Yeah I know what you mean, you start out on the Zappa.com forum as NuclearProstrate and come out sounding like an AtomicAss. :mrgreen:

Gray_Ghost wrote:
I find this back'n'forth banter immensely entertaining, but then I'm easily entertained.

Then entertain yourself (and us) by quoting the post before yours so it can be seen on the next page please. Then we can be entertained too. :smurf:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:30 am 

It's funny how a new thread on the album was made so there was no Political BS but has large elements of just BS, back and forthing, people trying to 'one up' each other and some guy literally telling people to shut up and nothing else.

I would say lets get back on topic, talk about the album and songs but I'll probably get insulted for it or told to shut my filthy mouth.

The Roxy band is probably the best band Zappa played with in terms of musical virtuosity and I love the stuff from them I have heard BUT I still won't blindly buy the album without reading much about it. Or knowing there is fresh stuff worth a purchase, if I can hear everything elsewhere I won't bother. I am far more interested in seeing the actual show.

Trendmonger wrote:
...and but also

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:49 am 

I'm with you Nuke. I'll wait for the DVD with everything on it and we can watch the show with it. 8)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:55 pm 

So with shipping and tax, it's a $30 CD?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:10 pm 

NewJPage wrote:
So with shipping and tax, it's a $30 CD?

$33.82 to Ontario.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:50 am 

NuclearProstate wrote:
It's funny how a new thread on the album was made so there was no Political BS but has large elements of just BS, back and forthing, (...) I would say lets get back on topic, talk about the album and songs but I'll probably get insulted for it or told to shut my filthy mouth.

No, I think you are right - what what is there to talk about a (still) non-existent album, with all the delays of the previous releases in our head? The sad thing on this forum (as I see) is that it's full of hints and with NO involvement of the ZFT at all. No infos, no sound samples, no answers. I truly think that this informationlessness causes most of the problems.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:50 am 

balint wrote:
No, I think you are right - what what is there to talk about a (still) non-existent album, with all the delays of the previous releases in our head? The sad thing on this forum (as I see) is that it's full of hints and with NO involvement of the ZFT at all. No infos, no sound samples, no answers. I truly think that this informationlessness causes most of the problems.

This is why I said what I did earlier. How can anyone put down money if they have no info on the release? I like to know this stuff. We are the people giving the ZFT going and carrying on Frank's legacy with our hard earned money. But we shouldn't be fools and blindly put down money. I don't care if that makes me a terrible fan to some, it makes me a smarter fan. Remember it is not Frank putting this out, it is his family who need this money to survive, they could start milking us whenever they want.

Trendmonger wrote:
...and but also

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:33 am 

NuclearProstate wrote:
balint wrote:

This is why I said what I did earlier. How can anyone put down money if they have no info on the release? I like to know this stuff. We are the people giving the ZFT going and carrying on Frank's legacy with our hard earned money. But we shouldn't be fools and blindly put down money. I don't care if that makes me a terrible fan to some, it makes me a smarter fan. Remember it is not Frank putting this out, it is his family who need this money to survive, they could start milking us whenever they want.

Roxy by Proxy exists. We are not talking the decades it took Frank to complete the Uncle Meat Film. Remember that film was promoted in Mothermania. From one perspective the licensing for Roxy by Proxy can be viewed as a lesson. If a fan wanted to get involved in the distribution business for this specific project they had that opportunity. That window was there for the offering for a lengthy period of time. Some fans seem to be clueless about the business, where some only seem to care about getting a song listing before they part with the investment into a single CD purchase, never-mind getting involved with licensing.

Where Blaint and NuclearProstate speak in terms of "Informationlessness" and "No Info", that's spreading a downright falsehood. After all this time there should be no need to super-size the promotional data but "Informationlessness" has nothing to do with the so called smarts of a so called fan.

The artists body of work has spoken since the first release. FZ/Mothers Roxy & Elsewhere Official Release #9 was released in July of 1974. Based on the ZFT News documents it should be obvious that Roxy by Proxy contains soundtrack music that is a prequel to the forthcoming Roxy movie. A fan that went to a Zappa 101 briefing at a 7_11 Slurpiefest should have enough data to comprehend what the December 73' Roxy shows were about. What more does someone need to know about a soundtrack to a film that the majority of the fanbase yearns for that film as if it were the holy grail of the vaults? Judging on some fans lack of knowledge of releases they they have owned for decades, a perception of "Informationless" paints a dark grey picture of huge brown clouds. That consumer nature of bigger trucks with more power, watching all those truck commercials and seeing the driving behaviour of some that own these trucks, do you need that truck for your job or are you comparing how well one truck can drive over the mother whose kid bullied yours at the playground, how fans drive their want needs, well that stroke of the paintbrush never fit in with my décor of Music Is The Best! Aural N'Lightenment.

Some fans just need to complain and complain. Why some continue to complain and feel they are lacking information, this just shows that in many regards they are rarely a happy camper. This is a time where the skies are so very clear. If the sunny summer skies were not enough even the Blue Moon made his presence to light up the dark summer night. The Zappa news page, be it if you've pondered the licensing info since November of 2012, further titillated your enthusiasm, or lack there of, during the Ides of March of 2013, or officially were shocked at the end of summer pre-order, why there is still a need to complain and spread falsehoods, well it may help to change your driving habits, trade in your truck and get a pygmy pony.

If Roxy by Proxy is not enough to raise the hair on the back of your mane, the parachute should long have opened where a Euro 73' show and KCETV are the perfect artisan bread slices for all the Roxy projects that are coming our way. I've been saying this for years that these form of projects will connect the dots of a most prolific period that the composer was chiselling of his mountain. To clarify some of the bread and condiments that will go along well with The Roxy projects is Frank Zappa A Token of His Extreme DVD and Road Tapes Venue 2 from a FZ Mothers 23 August 1973 show. I have hopes that another show from the 73' Euro tour is already prepared and awaiting for a release, In regards to the sandwich I'd call that the mustard. Fans have been asking for Euro 73' for some time. I suspect that the ZFT have been looking hard at the 73' material and what shows or portions there-of fit in and when to release them. Now is the time for one of those special shows from that Euro 73' tour.

For those waiting for the DVD/BlueRay. Enjoy your wait for the Film to play in your home players. I have high hopes that The Roxy Film will be shown in theatres and previewed during the Zappa Plays Zappa Roxy & Elsewhere Tour. As far as when the DVD of the Roxy Film will be available for consumer purchase, that could be a longer wait than you might expect. I would guess after the theatre engagements and the Zappa Plays Zappa Tour...... December 21, 2014 sounds nice to me.

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

Last edited by Trendmonger on Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:18 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
I'm with you Nuke. I'll wait for the DVD with everything on it and we can watch the show with it. 8)

+1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:36 am 

Trendmonger wrote:
For those waiting for the DVD/BlueRay. Enjoy your wait for the Film to play in your home players. I have high hopes that The Roxy Film will be shown in theatres and previewed during the Zappa Plays Zappa Roxy & Elsewhere Tour. As far as when the DVD of the Roxy Film will be available for consumer purchase, that could be a longer wait than you might expect. I would guess after the theatre engagements and the Zappa Plays Zappa Tour...... December 21, 2014 sounds nice to me.
I can wait no problem anyway i dont listen music no more.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:39 am 

So this is the first time Gary has ever spoken to me or about something I said and as expected it was a load of bollocks. I read what he wrote 3 or 4 times and it never made sense. A load of hot wind.
I feel like he was claiming I'm not a 'true fan' because I don't know the ins and outs of the business and because I'm not willing to put cash down straight away.

Trendmonger wrote:
...and but also

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:57 am 

NuclearProstate wrote:
I feel like he was claiming I'm not a 'true fan' because I don't know the ins and outs of the business and because I'm not willing to put cash down straight away.

His M.O. in a nutshell. You're missing a "blindly" in there somewhere though. :wink:

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:15 am 

Trendmonger wrote:
NuclearProstate wrote:
balint wrote:

Roxy by Proxy exists. We are not talking the decades it took Frank to complete the Uncle Meat Film. Remember that film was promoted in Mothermania. From one perspective the licensing for Roxy by Proxy can be viewed as a lesson. If a fan wanted to get involved in the distribution business for this specific project they had that opportunity. That window was there for the offering for a lengthy period of time. Some fans seem to be clueless about the business, where some only seem to care about getting a song listing before they part with the investment into a single CD purchase, never-mind getting involved with licensing.

Where Blaint and NuclearProstate speak in terms of "Informationlessness" and "No Info", that's spreading a downright falsehood. After all this time there should be no need to super-size the promotional data but "Informationlessness" has nothing to do with the so called smarts of a so called fan.

The artists body of work has spoken since the first release. FZ/Mothers Roxy & Elsewhere Official Release #9 was released in July of 1974. Based on the ZFT News documents it should be obvious that Roxy by Proxy contains soundtrack music that is a prequel to the forthcoming Roxy movie. A fan that went to a Zappa 101 briefing at a 7_11 Slurpiefest should have enough data to comprehend what the December 73' Roxy shows were about. What more does someone need to know about a soundtrack to a film that the majority of the fanbase yearns for that film as if it were the holy grail of the vaults? Judging on some fans lack of knowledge of releases they they have owned for decades, a perception of "Informationless" paints a dark grey picture of huge brown clouds. That consumer nature of bigger trucks with more power, watching all those truck commercials and seeing the driving behaviour of some that own these trucks, do you need that truck for your job or are you comparing how well one truck can drive over the mother whose kid bullied yours at the playground, how fans drive their want needs, well that stroke of the paintbrush never fit in with my décor of Music Is The Best! Aural N'Lightenment.

Some fans just need to complain and complain. Why some continue to complain and feel they are lacking information, this just shows that in many regards they are rarely a happy camper. This is a time where the skies are so very clear. If the sunny summer skies were not enough even the Blue Moon made his presence to light up the dark summer night. The Zappa news page, be it if you've pondered the licensing info since November of 2012, further titillated your enthusiasm, or lack there of, during the Ides of March of 2013, or officially were shocked at the end of summer pre-order, why there is still a need to complain and spread falsehoods, well it may help to change your driving habits, trade in your truck and get a pygmy pony.

If Roxy by Proxy is not enough to raise the hair on the back of your mane, the parachute should long have opened where a Euro 73' show and KCETV are the perfect artisan bread slices for all the Roxy projects that are coming our way. I've been saying this for years that these form of projects will connect the dots of a most prolific period that the composer was chiselling of his mountain. To clarify some of the bread and condiments that will go along well with The Roxy projects is Frank Zappa A Token of His Extreme DVD and Road Tapes Venue 2 from a FZ Mothers 23 August 1973 show. I have hopes that another show from the 73' Euro tour is already prepared and awaiting for a release, In regards to the sandwich I'd call that the mustard. Fans have been asking for Euro 73' for some time. I suspect that the ZFT have been looking hard at the 73' material and what shows or portions there-of fit in and when to release them. Now is the time for one of those special shows from that Euro 73' tour.

EXPLOSIVE DIARRHEA!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:26 am 

jaypfunk wrote:
EXPLOSIVE DIARRHEA!!

Can't sum it up any better.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:36 am 

Trendy is seriously ill. (Sorry, HopeMonger, gotta face it.)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:40 am 

I started reading Trendy's post accidentally, because I didn't realize who wrote it at first, but after only two sentences I noticed the very high bullshitfactor and stopped reading! Hope I won't suffer permanent damage!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:22 am 

Whatever Trendy wants to say, it doesn't matter. One thing I did see buried in there, if he has any real inside information, is that the ROXY movie may get screened during the fall ZPZ tour, then a theatrical release and THEN general purchase availability (sheesh).

If Andrew Greenaway is right, and Road Tapes 2 is released BEFORE ROXY by PROXY, we should be getting notice for pre-order pertty soon...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:26 am 

tweezers wrote:
may get screened during the fall ZPZ tour

What fall tour? 2025? And "may" doesn't sound very promising^^

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:29 am 

VacuumCleaner wrote:
tweezers wrote:

There *is* a ZPZ tour this fall...

Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:34 am 

PenguinInBondage wrote:
VacuumCleaner wrote:
tweezers wrote:

There *is* a ZPZ tour this fall...

I never said that there is no ZPZ tour this fall, I just won't believe any of these predictions (especially Trendy's) until anything is officially announced.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:41 am 

Vacuum Cleaner and PIB, everyone knows that the ZFT defies easy prediction, but this still pushes the thing off another year, even if Trendy is right...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:50 am 

VacuumCleaner wrote:
I never said that there is no ZPZ tour this fall, I just won't believe any of these predictions (especially Trendy's) until anything is officially announced.

Ahhh gotcha... sorry, I didn't pick up on that. It was supposed to hit the big screen by the end of this year. If that doesn't happen, I see no reason, personally, to shell out pre-order cash for the Roxy/Proxy release. And where are all of those $1,000 licensed alternate distributors, anyhow? :mrgreen: :smoke: :smurf:

Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:54 am 

I won't preorder anything. I guess I will wait until both "Roxy by Proxy" and "Road Tapes 2" are released to save shipping costs. And I will buy the movie whenever it is released :wink: :smoke:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:55 am 

PenguinInBondage wrote:
VacuumCleaner wrote:

Ahhh gotcha... sorry, I didn't pick up on that. It was supposed to hit the big screen by the end of this year. If that doesn't happen, I see no reason, personally, to shell out pre-order cash for the Roxy/Proxy release. And where are all of those $1,000 licensed alternate distributors, anyhow? :mrgreen: :smoke: :smurf:

We only had one guy who copped to buying a license, he posted three times or so and hasn't returned...could be an alternate incarnation of a formerly-banned poster :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 951 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 39  Next