Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 951 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 39  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:17 pm 

Shrewnews wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Q: By '70 were all the vinyl FO's still original? (goes to dig out original vinyl FO) Or are they missing the triangle picture under the ad for "Visiting LA this summer?" in the bottom rt. 3rd page inner sleeve notes and collage?
The triangle picture sez: " In the Foreground: Ray, Les McCann and Paul Butterfield. Freaking out... I believe that's Verves first pressing, although don't press me on that, ask the experts here.
Did Verve press more than the first batch of FO before the '70's and if so, how many and when? And when did the Triangle picture disappear? :?:

I think you have it backwards. It's not the triangle picture that disappeared, it's the Freak Map offer above it. My stereo copy was purchased in 1970, and it has the triangle picture but is missing the Freak Map ad. (My mono copy has the original layout.)

Ah, thanks for the clarification Shrewnews. Mine has both too. So it's the square map ad above the triangle picture for a "good time in Hollywood" that sets them apart then. Thanks man! 8)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:49 pm 

THROWBACK THURSDAY:
sent on 12/31/12:

Happy New Year To One And All!

Wishing you joy and health and energy and MUSIC in 2013!

Due to the overwhelmingness of the response to this ROXY PROJECT/OBJECT we have elected to:

1. Add even more information in the Question area at getsome.zappa.com. *

2. Open it up to all those Enthusiastic ZAPPA Fans throughout the known Universe without a U.S. Passport. *

3. To further extend the offer to be a ZAPPA Distributor/Contributor through 28 January 2013!

xxx

the barfies

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:19 am 

PenguinInBondage wrote:
THROWBACK THURSDAY:
sent on 12/31/12:

How about a Foolhardy Friday?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:26 am 

Fuck the Fans Friday!

Items in this department are available for pre-order and will ship on or around October 31. If your order contains pre-order items, all items in your order will be held and shipped together when all units have arrived. If you would like to receive non-pre-order items sooner please place a separate order.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:36 am 

Well, excuse my fart....

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:22 am 

darthpeepee wrote:
Fuck the Fans Friday!

Items in this department are available for pre-order and will ship on or around October 31. If your order contains pre-order items, all items in your order will be held and shipped together when all units have arrived. If you would like to receive non-pre-order items sooner please place a separate order.

4th date change.
Pathetic.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:32 am 

yea, they probably shouldn't announce these things until everything is 100% approved to print with the manufacturer.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:13 am 

brainpang wrote:
yea, they probably shouldn't announce these things until everything is 100% approved to print with the manufacturer.

Crazy idea. :mrgreen:

Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:00 am 

PenguinInBondage wrote:
brainpang wrote:

Crazy idea. :mrgreen:

Exactly.
No one is advocating for them to release stuff that isn't ready to roll.
But really, if you aren't 100% sure that you can deliver, then don't offer a release date.
I understand there are variables that can cause delay, but no one I have ever dealt with
seems to have as hard a time meeting their own deadlines; four times for the same product.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:18 am 

BillyDaMt wrote:
no one I have ever dealt with seems to have as hard a time meeting their own deadlines

That, Billy, is the crux of the biscuit right there! :smoke:

Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:56 am 

GZ's an artist...it will be released when it's ready for release and not before. :P

(Bwahahahahahaha!)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:20 pm 

PenguinInBondage wrote:
BillyDaMt wrote:
no one I have ever dealt with seems to have as hard a time meeting their own deadlines

That, Billy, is the crux of the biscuit right there! :smoke:

I wonder what her credit rating is... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:38 am 

BillyDaMt wrote:
But really, if you aren't 100% sure that you can deliver, then don't offer a release date.
I understand there are variables that can cause delay, but no one I have ever dealt with
seems to have as hard a time meeting their own deadlines; four times for the same product.

When I look back on the existing 94 official releases, Halloween seems like a fine release date. While I am sure we could sit around for days discussing quite a number of FZ releases that came out on Halloween, one really fine vault project, Zappa Wazoo, was released on Halloween. Funny how six years goes by that quickly. Official Releases 82-95 in that time, and but also, some very interesting downloads and DVDs.

From my perspective I feel fortunate that this or any given vault release is being offered. It's quite unfortunate that more were not able to get involved in the licensing of Roxy by Proxy. I would hope all that wondered what it takes to get this job done, moving the project/object forward,.... that they now think a bit more of just how difficult it is to deliver the many special things that have been released from the vault, and but also, what hopefully continues to come through any given consumer mechanism.

When it comes to Official Zappa Goods and Services. The Physical Matter of it all. Let our senses continue to digest that. The market is a unique one. Good Will to all that continue to support the artist and all involved in making it all happen. We the fans do not live in an imaginary hotel room. It's a way of life. Good Will to all.

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:48 am 

Trendmonger wrote:
It's quite unfortunate that more were not able to get involved in the licensing of Roxy by Proxy.

You really are one delusional mother fucker.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:55 am 

jaypfunk wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:
It's quite unfortunate that more were not able to get involved in the licensing of Roxy by Proxy.

You really are one delusional mother fucker.

Wow, I have Trendy's posts filtered so I just saw this but I would hope that a statement like that could only mean that he himself purchased a license! :? :shock: :?

Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:40 am 

PenguinInBondage wrote:
Wow, I have Trendy's posts filtered so I just saw this but I would hope that a statement like that could only mean that he himself purchased a license! :? :shock: :?

Too bad QE couldn't start a few years before, then I'd be able to afford one too.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:00 pm 

Trendy, I'll always support Zappa and buy first hand copies of physical material BUT the RBP £1000 thing can suck my dick.

Trendmonger wrote:
...and but also

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:08 am 

Trendmonger wrote:
BillyDaMt wrote:

When I look back on the existing 94 official releases, Halloween seems like a fine release date. While I am sure we could sit around for days discussing quite a number of FZ releases that came out on Halloween, one really fine vault project, Zappa Wazoo, was released on Halloween. Funny how six years goes by that quickly. Official Releases 82-95 in that time, and but also, some very interesting downloads and DVDs.

From my perspective I feel fortunate that this or any given vault release is being offered. It's quite unfortunate that more were not able to get involved in the licensing of Roxy by Proxy. I would hope all that wondered what it takes to get this job done, moving the project/object forward,.... that they now think a bit more of just how difficult it is to deliver the many special things that have been released from the vault, and but also, what hopefully continues to come through any given consumer mechanism.

When it comes to Official Zappa Goods and Services. The Physical Matter of it all. Let our senses continue to digest that. The market is a unique one. Good Will to all that continue to support the artist and all involved in making it all happen. We the fans do not live in an imaginary hotel room. It's a way of life. Good Will to all.

My god if you aren't an obnoxious bag of shit.
Here's the thing Gare-bear, I don't give a fuck about the licensing thing. It was doomed to fail.
It was a horrible business decision, and they should have known that from go. Especially after releasing some BS email about "extending" the deadline, like there were a ton of people just creaming their jeans to do it, but needed more time. Bullshit.
The heart of the matter is this, the ZFT is incapable of figuring out time-lines for the business they run.
If you, as a cook, delayed people's food as often as the ZFT does with their product,
you'd be in the breadline.

If the ZFT doesn't have the funds to put the ZBP cd out, then don't announce it. Pretty damn simple. If they need funds to finance it, try kickstarter, or some other variation of that design, people pay up, and know that their money is going toward something.
Right now my money is sitting in limbo waiting for them to figure their collective shit out.
I go to see ZPZ in two days, I'm gonna be pissed off it they are for sale before I get my pre-order; complete with Musictoday's ass raping S&H charge.

I don't expect you to understand, it can be hard to get oxygen to the brain when you're full on tea-bagging someone.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:13 am 

BillyDaMt wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:
BillyDaMt wrote:

Here's the thing Gare-bear, I don't give a fuck about the licensing thing. It was doomed to fail.
It was a horrible business decision, and they should have known that from go. Especially after releasing some BS email about "extending" the deadline, like there were a ton of people just creaming their jeans to do it, but needed more time. Bullshit.
The heart of the matter is this, the ZFT is incapable of figuring out time-lines for the business they run.
If you, as a cook, delayed people's food as often as the ZFT does with their product,

If the ZFT doesn't have the funds to put the ZBP cd out, then don't announce it. Pretty damn simple. If they need funds to finance it, try kickstarter, or some other variation of that design, people pay up, and know that their money is going toward something.
Right now my money is sitting in limbo waiting for them to figure their collective shit out.
I go to see ZPZ in two days, I'm gonna be pissed off it they are for sale before I get my pre-order; complete with Musictoday's ass raping S&H charge.

I don't expect you to understand, it can be hard to get oxygen to the brain when you're full on tea-bagging someone.

ROFL - Well said. Well said.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:40 am 

i Forgot i pre ordered this another waiting game

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:36 pm 

What do ya'll figure the odds are that RBP will be on sale at the merch tables of the 2014 ZPZ dates?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:19 pm 

Don't depress me, I want it by early Nov. :(

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:30 pm 

Phlakaton wrote:
BillyDaMt wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:

ROFL - Well said. Well said.

+2. :mrgreen:

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:05 am 

I'm really not too fussed. I got soooo many CD's I need to buy before this one. I'm more interested in the movie to be honest. I do feel like US the forum members are the only people who buy from BS though. I can't imagine some guy who has been a casual zappa fan for 40 years now and then jumps online and buys some shit from BS and has a RBP per-ordered.

Trendmonger wrote:
...and but also

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:03 am 

Disco Boy wrote:
+2. :mrgreen:

Thumbs Up

Image Image

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 951 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 39  Next