Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:38 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 951 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 39  Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:59 pm 

First/last time I ever preorder (or possibly just order) anything from barfko-swill. They've had my $29 since July. It's not the $ amount, mind you...it's the fact that I wish I'd known then that I'd be indefinitely loaning them money.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:01 pm 

liv3evil wrote:
First/last time I ever preorder (or possibly just order) anything from barfko-swill. They've had my $29 since July. It's not the $ amount, mind you...it's the fact that I wish I'd known then that I'd be indefinitely loaning them money.

They should do what any decent company do. Only take yer money when it ships!!

Trendmonger wrote:
...and but also

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:47 pm 

Yep, last time I pre-order anything from Barfko. So will we see another delay this Friday? :mrgreen:
I went through both the FZ:OZ and MOFO delays which were worth the wait in the end. This pisses me off more because it's holding up me hearing RT2. Major fucking fail that both RT2 and RBP weren't on the merch table for the ZPZ October run. I guess if I get them both by Christmas I'll be happy. RBP better have some exquisite packaging for all these delays.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:58 pm 

Fred_Zappelin wrote:
Yep, last time I pre-order anything from Barfko. So will we see another delay this Friday? :mrgreen:
I went through both the FZ:OZ and MOFO delays which were worth the wait in the end. This pisses me off more because it's holding up me hearing RT2. Major fucking fail that both RT2 and RBP weren't on the merch table for the ZPZ October run. I guess if I get them both by Christmas I'll be happy. RBP better have some exquisite packaging for all these delays.

I am with you. Won't pay for something that keeps getting delayed. I have waited 30+ years for a decent live performance of the 73 band with Ponty. So I can wait a little more despite the stellar reviews.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:18 am 

NuclearProstate wrote:
liv3evil wrote:

They should do what any decent company do. Only take yer money when it ships!!

They don't take the money until it ships, but the money, in essence, is still gone as it will be removed from the account upon shipping, so it needs to be there.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:06 am 

BillyDaMt wrote:
They don't take the money until it ships, but the money, in essence, is still gone as it will be removed from the account upon shipping, so it needs to be there.

Not true, at least in my case. They (musictoday.com) charged my VISA ($29) the day I put the pre in pre-order (7/31/13).

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:22 am 

Same here.
My money was debited when I made my pre-order.

Oh, I just got my road tapes 2 yesterday...
Absolutely CLASSIC!!!
ZFT are going to have a hard time topping this one!
Some jaw dropping guitar...
You can almost feel Frank concentrating during
the Big Swifty solo....he's so focused!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:29 am 

In case everyone hasn't heard, it's looking as though Road Tapes Vol. 2 will not be the only FZ release to see the light of day while waiting for Roxy by Proxy. Apparently, the soundtrack to Token of My Extreme will beat out RBP as well..... :mrgreen:

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:30 am 

liv3evil wrote:
BillyDaMt wrote:

Not true, at least in my case. They (musictoday.com) charged my VISA ($29) the day I put the pre in pre-order (7/31/13).

I'll have to go double check then, I was pretty sure it hadn't come out.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:42 pm 

So Barfko/Music Today still shows on or around 11/22....what to make of this?

Unless I'm mistaken, for the last 4 or 5 weeks when the Friday shipping date rolls around, then and only then, the date magically changes to the next Friday.

Is this change a good sign? Or have they just given up?

:? :? :?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:41 am 

It's just negligence or embarrassment, give it a few more days and it'll be updated another week.

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:39 am 

Does anyone think that they will announce the ATOHE audio, or just let it slop out like BTBIII?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:35 pm 

Items in this department are available for pre-order and will ship on or around November 29, 2013.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:03 pm 

I guess when you have a monopoly on a product, you can charge what you want and treat your customers like shit. And yet, I'll wait as long as it takes, pay whatever they ask and click "buy now" the minute the next one comes out.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:30 pm 

Fucking pathetic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:44 pm 

You'd think they would at least take this off of pre-order page, but perhaps it's just intentional insult to injury:

"Another shocking end of summer surprise!"

Are they laughing at us at this point?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:48 pm 

I don't understand?
Is it the packaging?
Did the printers screw it up?
Were the master tapes accidentally dropped in the toilet?
Are they going to release it on Frank's death?

but more importantly.....how could it be better than Road Tapes Venue 2 ??
Maybe we're setting ourselves up for the biggest anti-climactic letdown in history?

Does the wait have to do with the "movie" being included? (...oh MAN! That's funny....)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:47 pm 

Maybe the dog ate it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:03 pm 

jeddy wrote:
I don't understand?
Is it the packaging?
Did the printers screw it up?
Were the master tapes accidentally dropped in the toilet?
Are they going to release it on Frank's death?

but more importantly.....how could it be better than Road Tapes Venue 2 ??
Maybe we're setting ourselves up for the biggest anti-climactic letdown in history?

Does the wait have to do with the "movie" being included? (...oh MAN! That's funny....)

I'm guessing its a money issue, and they are waiting on more preorders to fulfill the existing orders.
otherwise they are worse at their jobs that we give them credit for.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:06 am 

Remember this email from 9/21/13?

Dear People of Earth with Roxy By Proxy Pre-Orders on their minds,

We sincerely regret to inform you that we are experiencing delays in the manufacturing process so we will be shipping to you somewhat later than we stated previously. Sometime within the next 2 weeks we will notify you once again with an actual shipping date and we can all experience the excitement together all over again. Thank you for your continued support for this project. We are also pleased to inform you that the MOVIE will be ready in time for the ZPZ Show at the Roxy on the 40tieth anniversary of FZ's Performances there.

Had there been follow-up (as it mentions there will be), I would be OK w/the delays, but...no communicado since 9/21 is completely unacceptable. How hard is it to send people who have already paid for the product an update?!?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:37 am 

Harder than you'd expect. My father kickstarted Leisure Suit Larry - Reloaded for my 2012 birthday in April. The game was gotten a year later, but the initial batch of goodies was shipped months ago and yet we're still waiting for my Larry T-shirt. Because it went in bulk there's a good possibility it'll come in a few weeks, on the other hand it may be lost in the black hole we call Dutch Mail.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:28 am 

BBP wrote:
Harder than you'd expect.

But it's not. At all.
Send a fucking cryptic email talking about ghosts in the machine and be done with it.
But just changing the shipping date every week is lame as fuck. How in the world do
you fuck up so hard that it takes you over 2mos to figure out your collective shit? Well, 2mos and counting. I bet Nov 29th will come and go with no RBP. And I will never pre-order anything from ZFT again.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:51 am 

Agreed BillyDaMt ... hell - they could drop a note on this very forum and say something and the news would spread in minutes.

It is just unacceptable business at this point. Taking the money and leaving people hanging for months.

I'll continue to dig into RTV2 in the meantime. It does get better with each listen!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:14 am 

Phlakaton wrote:
... hell - they could drop a note on this very forum and say something and the news would spread in minutes.

Official communications at this FORUM have seemingly been exhausted. If there is blame as to the cause for that flame burning out, I for one would hold the school yard brigade accountable for that. Not only here, and but also, in many internet forums, official interaction is not a common denominator for delivering official information. It would be pertinent for forum members to realise that this forum is more-so their playground and leave it at that.

But the point being raised was more-so about communication. They have communicated about the project and delays, and true to their word, they have updated information several times. Regarding the ROXY by PROXY pre-order, they have communicated in both e-mail and the Barfko Swill Pre-Order Page.

From my perspective it makes no sense to get my feathers ruffled about this pre-order. I am happy to support this project as a pre-order, and but also, I look forward to the The Roxy Performances (at a theatre near me).

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:36 am 

Trendmonger wrote:
Phlakaton wrote:
... hell - they could drop a note on this very forum and say something and the news would spread in minutes.

Official communications at this FORUM have seemingly been exhausted. If there is blame as to the cause for that flame burning out, I for one would hold the school yard brigade accountable for that. Not only here, and but also, in many internet forums, official interaction is not a common denominator for delivering official information. It would be pertinent for forum members to realise that this forum is more-so their playground and leave it at that.

But the point being raised was more-so about communication. They have communicated about the project and delays, and true to their word, they have updated information several times. Regarding the ROXY by PROXY pre-order, they have communicated in both e-mail and the Barfko Swill Pre-Order Page.

From my perspective it makes no sense to get my feathers ruffled about this pre-order. I am happy to support this project as a pre-order, and but also, I look forward to the The Roxy Performances (at a theatre near me).

I WANT TO DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 951 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 39  Next