Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:06 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 951 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 39  Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:56 pm 

brainpang wrote:
Trendmonger gets an earful...

hahhahahahaah that's fucking hilarious!!! ahhahahahahahahahahaha

Right turn Clyde!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:57 pm 

Instead of stewing over this whole RBP delay, and Musictoday's(what should be illegal) practice of holding my shipment of Road Tapes2, I'm taking a break from listening to any Zappa, and cranking some Miles. Dark Magus rules all tonight.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:06 pm 

Fred_Zappelin wrote:
Instead of stewing over this whole RBP delay, and Musictoday's(what should be illegal) practice of holding my shipment of Road Tapes2, I'm taking a break from listening to any Zappa, and cranking some Miles. Dark Magus rules all tonight.

Ah... I remember the first time I heard Dark Magus. Like a thick smooth dessert.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:53 pm 

"Brown shoes don't make it" TRENDY

(Dark Magus is my fave!)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:35 pm 

Coltrane, anybody? :mrgreen: A Love Supreme
When it comes to Miles though, In a Silent Way gets my rocks off :smoke:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:48 am 

SonofSuzyCreamcheese wrote:
I was thinking about making a pre-order of this album, if enough pre-orders is what it takes to make shipping happen, but as we don't know why it keeps getting delayed, I think I'll pass for now.

Exactly the same here. I do want it and I want everyone who has pre-ordered to get it. But damn I don't want my stuff held hostage.

Trendmonger wrote:
...and but also

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:17 am 

Trendmonger wrote:
Did Friday Nov 22, 2013 go by without thinking what happened 50 years ago?

No, and what the fuck has it to do with CC? Would it hurt too much to tell?

Trendmonger wrote:
The so called inside information as to why Gail Zappa was not happy about something.

I just sent her a polite email asking whether the Amazon listing was legit. She kindly responded. That is all. I didn't want to take anything away from you as the one who REALLY knows things (insert vomiting emoticon)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:30 am 

No hrtz whatsoever.The Conceptual Continuity is the would-be ship date for Roxy by Proxy(Nov 22, 2013).

Fucking has nothing to do with the conceptual continuity. Nor do I think that fans are getting fucked over, nor have I noticed any metaphorical resemblance to that assassination fitting the bill. As to why the delays, for me, I'll listen to it when I get it, nothing the ZFT are doing, or any outside reason for the delay is ruffling my feathers, but surely some fans have and will continue to poot forth with conspiracy theories. In these disgruntled Zappa fanatical conspiracy theories, I highly doubt the number one answer is The Mafia. The Mafia is the number one conspiracy theory, one of many possible answers to the Kenendy assassination. In the conceptual continuity, I am glad that dissolved when that date came and went without shipment.

When thinking of the release date for Roxy by Proxy, I am thankful it did not coincide with the 50th anniversary of the assassination of JFK. Moving the clock forward maybe some would have thought they could have stuffed a turkey with Roxy by Proxy, but as we can see, the Frank Zappa A Token Of His Extreme Soundtrack promo is aligned with that good sense of humor.

"77 Magical Moments! Take it on the road. Play it for your mom.
Stuff it in your turkey. Stick it in your ear.
Frank did.

"
The ship date for Roxy by Proxy currently reads "on or around November 29, 2013" If this holds true fans can get it by the beginning of the ZFTs Year Of Zappa. Let's hope we can all spend as much time of the ZFTs own Year of Zappa listening to Roxy by Proxy. The Good Will is about optimism, where in that year we will also get the movie.

Keep on vomiting but I hope you clean up for you next round of polite questions.
There is that old saying "He cleans up good". It's a shame more fans do not adhere to good will on this forum. Since this forum went live, the fanatical bitch and complaint meter, when directed at the ZFT , fanatical complaints have had far too much the vomit factor. There is a reason as to why my signature here is about the ZFT maintaining FZs artistic rights. I am quite thankful that a corporation from Hell has nothing to do with FZs artistic rights.

I am not attempting or giving the slightest nod towards inside information on the release date of this project. The truth is that the bookends, and but also new pages, between a Fall 73' show and KCETV is something I projected several years ago. This was not inside information. It's just a reality of what has and continues to transpire with these video and audio releases.

HJ wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:
Did Friday Nov 22, 2013 go by without thinking what happened 50 years ago?

No, and what the fuck has it to do with CC? Would it hurt too much to tell?

Trendmonger wrote:
The so called inside information as to why Gail Zappa was not happy about something.

I just sent her a polite email asking whether the Amazon listing was legit. She kindly responded. That is all. I didn't want to take anything away from you as the one who REALLY knows things (insert vomiting emoticon)

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

Last edited by Trendmonger on Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:38 am 

Holy shit enough!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:40 am 

jaypfunk wrote:
Holy shit enough!!

8 mins. Impressive slap down time.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:48 am 

Phlakaton wrote:
jaypfunk wrote:
Holy shit enough!!

Let's make this clear, no one is being slapped down. When it comes to the reality of who slaps who in life, in a brief meeting with Jaypfunk's friends and family, on his part, I did not notice the slightest intention of such. While he seemed polite enough a person, he does himself admit to wanting to overindulge in the school yard behaviour at this domain. One thing is for sure Phlakaton, you would not be be lucky enough as to get 8 seconds of my time.

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:06 am 

HJ wrote:
(insert vomiting emoticon)

Learn it, use it, love it!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:29 am 

Trendmonger, Class Graduate 2013
Magna Cum Laude in Brown Nosing
with a minor in Plagiarism

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:04 am 

Fred_Zappelin wrote:

I cancelled my order yesterday. I replaced it with the A Token Of His Extreme soundtrack and Road Tapes 2. It shipped today.

I can wait for Roxy By Proxy. I couldn't wait any longer for Road Tapes 2.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:19 am 

Trendmonger wrote:
Phlakaton wrote:
jaypfunk wrote:
Holy shit enough!!

Let's make this clear, no one is being slapped down. When it comes to the reality of who slaps who in life, in a brief meeting with Jaypfunk's friends and family, on his part, I did not notice the slightest intention of such. While he seemed polite enough a person, he does himself admit to wanting to overindulge in the school yard behaviour at this domain. One thing is for sure Phlakaton, you would not be be lucky enough as to get 8 seconds of my time.

I'll venture a guess at how long it took you to write that response. 8 seconds AND THEN SOME. "what do the five fingers say to the face?" "SLAP!"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:21 am 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:35 am 

Phlakaton wrote:
jaypfunk wrote:
Holy shit enough!!

Not quite fast enough. This thread shows Tuscadero slamming down on Titone in mere two minutes at one point.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:25 pm 

That was a more difficult read than the annotated version of 50 shades including Addendum.

In short, get the point already.

Trendmonger wrote:
...and but also

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:54 pm 

dlokazip wrote:
Fred_Zappelin wrote:

I cancelled my order yesterday. I replaced it with the A Token Of His Extreme soundtrack and Road Tapes 2. It shipped today.

Did you log in and cancel it thru the site, or call Musictoday and have to speak to someone? I'm giving it a few more days. If it gets pushed out again to 12/6, I'll do the same.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:07 pm 

Fred_Zappelin wrote:
dlokazip wrote:
Fred_Zappelin wrote:

Did you log in and cancel it thru the site, or call Musictoday and have to speak to someone? I'm giving it a few more days. If it gets pushed out again to 12/6, I'll do the same.

I called Musictoday. Spoke to a very nice lady.

I just wanted it over with.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:49 pm 

FYI, I gave them a call today. Nice woman said that her system was showing that they had NOT received shipment from manufacturer and that they had none of the product in the warehouse. She said it was possible that the warehouse had received it and had just not scanned them into the system yet, but I'm guessing a big NO on that one

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:55 pm 

NewJPage wrote:
FYI, I gave them a call today. Nice woman said that her system was showing that they had NOT received shipment from manufacturer and that they had none of the product in the warehouse. She said it was possible that the warehouse had received it and had just not scanned them into the system yet, but I'm guessing a big NO on that one

Wonder what the next push back date will be?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:41 am 

Eh, I might as well give it another week before cancelling order. 12/8 or 9th, for conceptual continuity's sake. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:58 am 

Fred_Zappelin wrote:
Eh, I might as well give it another week before cancelling order. 12/8 or 9th, for conceptual continuity's sake. :wink:

enabler :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:55 am 

Trendmonger wrote:

When thinking of the release date for Roxy by Proxy, I am thankful it did not coincide with the 50th anniversary of the assassination of JFK. Moving the clock forward maybe some would have thought they could have stuffed a turkey with Roxy by Proxy, but as we can see, the Frank Zappa A Token Of His Extreme Soundtrack promo is aligned with that good sense of humor.

"77 Magical Moments! Take it on the road. Play it for your mom.
Stuff it in your turkey. Stick it in your ear.
Frank did.

"

You fucking blow.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 951 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 39  Next