Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:23 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 951 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 39  Next
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:23 pm 

The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
Just got an email:

Please accept our apology for he continued delay with your order. The item(s) below are still on back order at the moment. We anticipate that your order will ship within the next 2 – 3 weeks. You will receive a shipping confirmation email when the item is available and on its way.

We will send you more specific information regarding these items once it is available.

order contents

We apologize for this delay and thank you for your patience and understanding. Please reply to this email if you have further questions regarding your order.

Thank you,
Barfko-Swill store

Questions? Send them to merchandise@musictoday.com.

Motherfuckers :roll:
That's it, I'm cancelling my order Monday, and will re-order RT2 & Token CD. I was being patient, but now that's it's gonna drag out until January, fucking enough is enough. Maybe by the time it's ready, Joe's Camo will also be available to order with it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:40 pm 

Philmore wrote:
A bunch of people here have been cancelling their pre-orders. Maybe they figure they've got to do some damage control before more orders are cancelled.
It's possible to cancel?! I'd appreciate it if someone explained how to do so? My Barfko-Swill shows no pending orders... I must have paid via Paypal.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:18 am 

Maybe it'll be this years AAAAAFFFFFRRRRAAAAA...... maybe.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:30 am 

Fred_Zappelin wrote:
Motherfuckers :roll:
That's it, I'm cancelling my order Monday, and will re-order RT2 & Token CD. I was being patient, but now that's it's gonna drag out until January, fucking enough is enough. Maybe by the time it's ready, Joe's Camo will also be available to order with it.

I was going to order RT2 when RBP was released. I'm tired of waiting to hear RT2. I decided Thursday to go ahead and order RT2 & Token. Received shipping conformation the same day.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:29 am 

Hey guys,

I know you will find it hard to believe but now the Roxy by Proxy is expected to be shipped on or before Dec 20th.

What a shock! :o

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:40 am 

It's a good thing everyone bought their $1,000 versions and have had this audio for a long while now. :mrgreen:

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:11 am 

Maybe that's what this is all about. Punish us all by stringing us along for not buying in to the little experiment.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:54 pm 

Location: Centerville - a real nice place to raise your kids up
Yomama wrote:
I know you will find it hard to believe but now the Roxy by Proxy is expected to be shipped on or before Dec 20th.

Pigs might fly!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:52 pm 

Just cancelled my order by phone, and re-ordered RT2 & TOHE. Dealt with a nice gentleman. Didn't even have to explain why I cancelled. They know the deal, he even mentioned Roxy By Proxy first, as soon as I gave him my order#.

ZFT looks really bad with this. No explanation/update whatsoever. On the other hand if musictoday had just split the pre-order shipment and sent me RT2 by itself, I'd have easily waited another month for RBP while they have my $21.12. :P

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:52 pm 

I am so happy if it gets to me by New Years :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:54 pm 

What I find particularly disturbing is all the forum members bolding stating they have cancelled their orders - on the Zappa forum. I guess there was some kind of apology about this? I never received one... nor do I receive a single notice about orders - ever... no matter how many times I tell the site to remind me of this stuff... and to send me offers - or any kind of solicitation. So... wtf. FAIL. I have yet to cancel my pre-order for Roxy. I guess I'm just busy doing other shit and when it shows up I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Sometimes I guess things are just not worth getting all crazy over - but I understand some people's frustrations and I can understand cancelling the damn thing.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:47 pm 

Phlakaton wrote:
What I find particularly disturbing is all the forum members bolding stating they have cancelled their orders - on the Zappa forum. I guess there was some kind of apology about this? I never received one... nor do I receive a single notice about orders - ever... no matter how many times I tell the site to remind me of this stuff... and to send me offers - or any kind of solicitation. So... wtf. FAIL. I have yet to cancel my pre-order for Roxy. I guess I'm just busy doing other shit and when it shows up I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Sometimes I guess things are just not worth getting all crazy over - but I understand some people's frustrations and I can understand cancelling the damn thing.

I am surprised more people haven't made a point of posting about canceling this pre-order. I own just about all of Frank's work, but I have not yet ordered it - once bit, twice shy, and all that - but I have been following the pre-order clusterfuck, and I think it's an absolute disgrace. For a business, any business, even a one-person operation, to treat their customers this way, is a disgrace. They should have sent an apology and refunds to everyone about a month ago, if not before.

The ZFT business model is beyond outdated. It is not 1979 anymore. Most people these days obtain music either by finding a free download online (i.e., stealing it) or by paying for a download of files. People who want an artifact like a CD can buy stuff at a discount, even if it's brand new and unopened. My point: customers are doing a company a favor by purchasing a product like a new CD. At $21.12, this as-yet-unavailable product is priced exorbitantly, and for the company to keep changing the date without a sufficient explanation and/or refund is the shittiest service I have ever heard of for this kind of customer base. They are taking a huge dump on the fans and need a serious wakeup call. These pre-orders are looking more and more like an interest-free loan.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:38 pm 

"These pre-orders are looking more and more like an interest-free loan."

...very sad and true...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:21 am 

Mr_Heartbreak wrote:
The ZFT business model is beyond outdated. It is not 1979 anymore. Most people these days obtain music either by finding a free download online (i.e., stealing it) or by paying for a download of files. People who want an artifact like a CD can buy stuff at a discount, even if it's brand new and unopened. My point: customers are doing a company a favor by purchasing a product like a new CD. At $21.12, this as-yet-unavailable product is priced exorbitantly,

You are obviously not a collector and not into anything too obscure. Vinyl & CD packages are pumped out at an alarming rate, loads of great stuff both new and archival, pretty much all unavailable as downloads, all in the cost neighborhood of ZFT releases. Go ahead and buy 2 or 3 shitty (heh heh) ten dollar downloads, I will gladly pay 30 USD for one FZ package.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:45 am 

brainpang wrote:
Mr_Heartbreak wrote:
You are obviously not a collector

But do we all have to be collectors? I appreciate the collector, but I just want the music.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:22 am 

Just to add fuel to the already burning fire, When is RBP actually coming out? JESUS!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:46 am 

garry wrote:
brainpang wrote:
Mr_Heartbreak wrote:
You are obviously not a collector

But do we all have to be collectors? I appreciate the collector, but I just want the music.

You can have the music, you just have to pay the price for entree.
And if ya don't want to, the zft obviously doesn't care.
What I am mainly trying to say is this is not out of the ordinary.
Right now, Zappa music is specialized.
Deal or don't.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:57 am 

brainpang wrote:
garry wrote:
brainpang wrote:

You can have the music, you just have to pay the price for entree.
And if ya don't want to, the zft obviously doesn't care.
What I am mainly trying to say is this is not out of the ordinary.
Right now, Zappa music is specialized.
Deal or don't.

In this case, we can't have either because ZFT can't get it together to release the damn thing. It is especially infuriating because, from everything I've heard, the audio portion of this project was finished years ago. The big delay was in the visual portion. How they can not get this thing pressed is beyond me...Heck, Neil Young wrote, recorded, and released an album in a week about a decade ago.

As for price, nearly $30 (including shipping) for one CD is not the norm at all. $30 for a double vinyl of this would be about an average price.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:09 pm 

NewJPage wrote:
As for price, nearly $30 (including shipping) for one CD is not the norm at all. $30 for a double vinyl of this would be about an average price.
[/quote]

It depends on what you are comparing it to. I'd say a good comparison are the Sun Ra releases on the Art Yard label. And they have nowhere near the mastering costs involved as a ZFT project. Pricing about the same and there is TONS of competition for lesser priced recordings.
(I think they have made some downloads available tho'...a good time after the physical release)
I just think it is incorrect to compare FZ pricing to more popular acts. Frank doesn't sell like that. Wear it with pride! Or slap yourself upside the head.

And hey, it's not like you don't have options in this day and age. The ZFT is surely aware of this and like countless other boutique/obscure musics, do what is best for them.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:54 pm 

brainpang wrote:
NewJPage wrote:

It depends on what you are comparing it to. I'd say a good comparison are the Sun Ra releases on the Art Yard label. And they have nowhere near the mastering costs involved as a ZFT project. Pricing about the same and there is TONS of competition for lesser priced recordings.
(I think they have made some downloads available tho'...a good time after the physical release)
I just think it is incorrect to compare FZ pricing to more popular acts. Frank doesn't sell like that. Wear it with pride! Or slap yourself upside the head.

And hey, it's not like you don't have options in this day and age. The ZFT is surely aware of this and like countless other boutique/obscure musics, do what is best for them.[/quote]

Frank isn't boutique or obscure. In the grand scheme of things he is INSANELY popular. ZFT has, however, done its best to relegate him to obscurity by doing zero to promote any of his posthumous releases. It is pretty sad that if one is looking for info on a Zappa release the last place one should look is on his own damn website.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:20 pm 

NewJPage wrote:
Frank isn't boutique or obscure. In the grand scheme of things he is INSANELY popular. ZFT has, however, done its best to relegate him to obscurity by doing zero to promote any of his posthumous releases. It is pretty sad that if one is looking for info on a Zappa release the last place one should look is on his own damn website.

How many ceedees do you think they actually sell of an archival record?
And every posthumous release is and has been posted on the site.
And the official catalog has been polished and reissued. That's where the promo is.
Those interested to go beyond will find. Unless they are retarded.
What do you want them to do? Run a media campaign for 50 grand on WAZOO? And sell an extra 3 copies?
You do seem angry!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:37 pm 

Luckily I don't have to cancel what I never did. I stopped pre-ordering a long time ago. Too frustrating. It means that I haven't heard RT2 yet, but I can wait. I will happily order two copies each of Roxy, RT2 and the Token soundtrack - but only when they are available.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:45 pm 

brainpang wrote:
What do you want them to do? Run a media campaign for 50 grand on WAZOO? And sell an extra 3 copies?

I don't think anyone was suggesting that the ZFT go that far, but it shouldn't be unreasonable for them to provide updates for the fans that have gone to the trouble of seeking out FZ's music and are now feeling unappreciated.

And I think that's really the most upsetting part of this. During his life, Frank loved his fans (well, most of them). But today, I sure as hell don't feel the love from the ZFT :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:37 pm 

Buckalos wrote:
...but it shouldn't be unreasonable for them to provide updates for the fans that have gone to the trouble of seeking out FZ's music and are now feeling unappreciated.

[i]Completely[[/]i unreasonable, Buckalos! :mrgreen: :wink:

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:48 pm 

NewJPage wrote:
Frank isn't boutique or obscure. In the grand scheme of things he is INSANELY popular.

And yet, 2 months ago I mentioned to a couple of the people with whom I work that I met my wife on the Zappa.com forum, and was then asked "Who, or what, is a Zappa?"
The questioner was born in the '80s.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 951 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 39  Next