Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 951 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 39  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:59 pm 

Lake Tahoe's so clear you can see them waving their arms frantically at 80ft below the surface. Well not so frantic at that depth maybe, but they really go fast down to 30 ft. or until their little bubbles start coming up and they go limp.
Buckalos wrote:

Like that guy! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:57 am 

Caputh wrote:
I prefer this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBgr3da2yDM

... even though it's depressing also.

How about this one for depressing --

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzHNrZTdf0c

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:09 am 

Any Gail wonders why people can't stand her! I've never seen a vault with so much material, and potential for release, and making a family money, wasted!

Come on Gail, open up the floodgates!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:27 am 

garry wrote:
You would think by now they would have got the hint that maybe they're really not that good at business.

I think they've known this all along, it's we fans who are slow on the uptake. That was one of the reasons for the RBP deal: GZ wanted us to see how hard it was getting this stuff together. Now we'll never find out if she was right or not :wink:

Zappa music and much, much MOO-AH!
www.FestivalMoo-AH.com

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:43 am 

The Idiot Bastard wrote:
I think they've known this all along, it's we fans who are slow on the uptake. That was one of the reasons for the RBP deal: GZ wanted us to see how hard it was getting this stuff together. Now we'll never find out if she was right or not :wink:

She taught us! :roll: :wink:

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:27 am 

The Idiot Bastard wrote:

Right about what? That it's hard to release something?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:02 pm 

duchamp wrote:
The Idiot Bastard wrote:

Can't be that hard. They've released two albums and a short film since the announcement of RBP

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:34 pm 

NewJPage wrote:
duchamp wrote:
The Idiot Bastard wrote:

Can't be that hard. They've released two albums and a short film since the announcement of RBP

Roxy By Proxy was announced on 28 November 2012. Since then, we've had Finer Moments, Baby Snakes,The Compleat Soundtrack; Road Tapes, Venue #2; A Token Of His Extreme (DVD & Soundtrack CD); the Cheepnis monster movie iTunes thing; a few vinyl reissues.

Zappa music and much, much MOO-AH!
www.FestivalMoo-AH.com

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:36 pm 

Wow...lots of stuff in the interim...starting to wonder if this release really exists?!?!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:47 pm 

There's something happening here
What it is ain't exactly clear
There's a person with the answers over there
Sometimes it seems they're business unaware

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:28 pm 

I still say that they may have taken a heavy hit in the finacial crash and are still having trouble recovering from it...just thinking out loud... :smoke:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:12 pm 

We should start a pool for the actual ship date,
I'm throwing my guess at Nov 28, 2014.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:25 pm 

BillyDaMt wrote:
We should start a pool for the actual ship date,
I'm throwing my guess at Nov 28, 2014.

Awesome - that's my birthday! :mrgreen:

Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:48 pm 

Two reasons to celebrate!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:51 pm 

^ That would be cool if it came out on Penguins b-day. Well...... if his b-day was tomorrow it would be cool.

I can't fool myself into believing that my excitement about this release does not diminish with each passing day. It's almost as if it has been released already and I've devoured it and now I'm moving on. Waiting for a full '75 Beefheart show, now. Or at least a decade of teasers for it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:03 pm 

downer mydnyte wrote:
^ That would be cool if it came out on Penguins b-day. Well...... if his b-day was tomorrow it would be cool.

A literal LOL, Mr. Mydnyte - thx! :mrgreen:

Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:19 am 

While some wallow in some emotional regalia of dwindling excitement, I must boldly proclaim (Roxy by Proxy "the prequel to yer ackshul movie") that my interest in this project is something I hold steadfast passion for. I am forever mindfull that the ackshul movie (Keyword IS) IS AMAZING!

The evolution will be what it will be. I sit back and relax, knowing well that when these peojects play in my home, and but also, a movie theatre, that I will enjoy. Whereby not only enjoying all big note aspects of the composer, and but also, casting out any depraved abandonment of a very small portion of a so-called fanbase gone sour.

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:17 am 

Trendmonger wrote:
While some wallow in some emotional regalia of dwindling excitement, I must boldly proclaim (Roxy by Proxy "the prequel to yer ackshul movie") that my interest in this project is something I hold steadfast passion for. I am forever mindfull that the ackshul movie (Keyword IS) IS AMAZING!

The evolution will be what it will be. I sit back and relax, knowing well that when these peojects play in my home, and but also, a movie theatre, that I will enjoy. Whereby not only enjoying all big note aspects of the composer, and but also, casting out any depraved abandonment of a very small portion of a so-called fanbase gone sour.

This is understandable, since you are the numero uno sycophant. Just pare down your posts from now on to "They can do nothing wrong and I'll never complain."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:34 am 

calvin2hikers wrote:
This is understandable, since you are the numero uno sycophant. Just pare down your posts from now on to "They can do nothing wrong and I'll never complain."

There is not a dust spec of sycophantical ideology to a glass half full ideology. The long history of complaints by so-called Zappa fans clearly show that overt fawning of complaints is what I am glad to not be a part of. Some folks like to complain, that ideology has never been my way of life. Each man picks his own actions.

When it comes to official projects in the can that I am awating rlease, I remain steadfast with a glass half full ideology.

Forever the Optimist is my way of life.

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:34 am 

The Idiot Bastard wrote:
NewJPage wrote:
duchamp wrote:

Roxy By Proxy was announced on 28 November 2012. Since then, we've had Finer Moments, Baby Snakes,The Compleat Soundtrack; Road Tapes, Venue #2; A Token Of His Extreme (DVD & Soundtrack CD); the Cheepnis monster movie iTunes thing; a few vinyl reissues.

correct, my bad. I was just thinking since the "pre-order" became available.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:36 am 

Trendmonger wrote:

everyone will enjoy the MUSIC. that has nothing to do with the discussion of perpetual ineptitude on the part of ZFT

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:07 am 

Trendmonger wrote:

Congrats Trendy to have added a post compression application to your Iphone. More easy to read thanks. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:11 am 

Trendmonger wrote:
...when these peojects play in my home, and but also, a movie theatre...

Trendmonger wrote:
...enjoying all big note aspects of the composer, and but also, casting out...

Twice in the same fucking paragraph... Trendy, I know that you seem to relish at the thought of descending from whatever ideological paradise you reside in to grace us with your unchanging, one-dimensional, singular point-of-view on all things FZ or otherwise... But if you could just fuckin' cut out that "and but also," shit, seeing your posts would feel less like stumbling across a human turd on a perfectly manicured lawn, and more like stumbling upon a dog turd or something typical (I'm basically saying your posts are turds on the lawn of this forum).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:14 am 

Buckalos wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:
...when these peojects play in my home, and but also, a movie theatre...

Trendmonger wrote:
...enjoying all big note aspects of the composer, and but also, casting out...

Twice in the same fucking paragraph... Trendy, I know that you seem to relish at the thought of descending from whatever ideological paradise you reside in to grace us with your unchanging, one-dimensional, singular point-of-view on all things FZ or otherwise... But if you could just fuckin' cut out that "and but also," shit, seeing your posts would feel less like stumbling across a human turd on a perfectly manicured lawn, and more like stumbling upon a dog turd or something typical (I'm basically saying your posts are turds on the lawn of this forum).

Buckalos, you might want to try changing your settings so they display like this:

This post was made by Trendmonger who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.

Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:16 am 

Buckalos dont be to hard with trendy cuz he made a big progress in reducing his post . i think he reduced like 80% i am happy with it. :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 951 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 39  Next