Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 951 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:44 am 

Trendmonger wrote:
...complaints by so-called Zappa fans...

That's pretty fucking presumptuous of you to question a fans fanness when they question the actions of those responsible for the material of the object of their fanism... :smoke:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:53 am 

Trendmonger wrote:
The long history of complaints by so-called Zappa fans clearly show that overt fawning of complaints is what I am glad to not be a part of.

I'm sorry, but that sentence to me reeks heavily of bigotry.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:12 am 

Yeah, against fawns, too! (How can you "fawn a complaint"?)
Trendy is really the King of the mixed metaphor, too, e.g.:
Trendmonger wrote:
There is not a dust spec of sycophantical ideology to a glass half full ideology.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:23 am 

Trendmonger: "Hello? I ordered my pizza about an hour and a half ago. I was wondering why it isn't here yet."

Pizza place:"Don't worry about it. It will get there when it gets there. The time we promised isn't working out."

Trendmonger: "Okay. I don't care, take all the time you need, I'll just enjoy the pizza when it gets here. You're running a terrific business!"

Pizza place: "Sure. Don't call again, it's really none of your business why it's taking so long."

Trendmonger: "Fantastic!" *click*

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:29 am 

tiboudre wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:
The long history of complaints by so-called Zappa fans clearly show that overt fawning of complaints is what I am glad to not be a part of.

When it comes to fanatical complaints, the long history of such clearly proves biotry is in no way a defining factor of my views.
The fawning comes about by repeated fanatical complaints that have overtly been displayed for well over a decade. There is no prejudice in this matter. These complaints have become petrified on this forum. Thankfully some have been abolished from existence, but if folks want to investigate the so- called petrified fanatical remnants, these petrified remnants are seemingly waved around more-so than the flora and fauna that Gail so humbly has included in some of the releases. If there is one thing I would hope for extinction is that behavior of overt fawning of fanatical complaints. It's more likely that the near extinct flora and fauna will die off before some of the disgruntled fans stop complaining.

Folk that want to complain are going to complain. I'll continue to raise my half full glass and enjoy it in my own way.
Zappa is a way of life, 97 Official Releases, and but also, all the other videos and downloads.
I see a reason to celebrate in all that exists in a very large glass of the finmest optional entertainment known to mankind.

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:32 am 

Shut. Up. Already. You cunt!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:33 am 

Trendmonger wrote:
If there is one thing I would hope for extinction is that behavior of overt fawning of fanatical complaints.

Let me help with your understanding the meaning of the word you keep throwing around:

fawn 1 (fôn)
intr.v. fawned, fawn·ing, fawns
1. To exhibit affection or attempt to please, as a dog does by wagging its tail, whining, or cringing.
2. To seek favor or attention by flattery and obsequious behavior.

So, are you suggesting that the people who are throwing out these "fanatical complaints" are trying to please or seek favor from the ZFT? You think that the complaints that they are using are meant to flatter or please them? And you want their attempts to please the ZFT to become extinct? Or maybe you meant this definition:

fawn (plural fawns)
A young deer.
A pale brown colour tinted with yellow, like that of a fawn.

Of course, that makes even less sense.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:53 am 

Trendmonger wrote:
... the flora and fauna that Gail so humbly has included in some of the releases.
Trendy, your optimism is truly admirable, possibly even beyond admirable and working its way toward delusional. Having a positive attitude is an excellent attribute. However, you have just used the name Gail and the word humbly in the same sentence, thereby obliterating any credibility you might have otherwise enjoyed.

When I think of the ZFT at this point, vis-a-vis the Roxy release, I am reminded of some dialogue from one of jaypfunk's favorite actors during a scene in The Sopranos. Go on YouTube and search for sopranos vito gets whacked, then listen carefully to the melodious strains of Phil Leotardo's last words to Vito.

I hope that everyone who ordered their disc gets it soon, and that that pizza is still warm when it shows up. Cheers! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:15 am 

Trendmonger wrote:
tiboudre wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:

When it comes to fanatical complaints, the long history of such clearly proves biotry is in no way a defining factor of my views.
The fawning comes about by repeated fanatical complaints that have overtly been displayed for well over a decade. There is no prejudice in this matter. These complaints have become petrified on this forum. Thankfully some have been abolished from existence, but if folks want to investigate the so- called petrified fanatical remnants, these petrified remnants are seemingly waved around more-so than the flora and fauna that Gail so humbly has included in some of the releases. If there is one thing I would hope for extinction is that behavior of overt fawning of fanatical complaints. It's more likely that the near extinct flora and fauna will die off before some of the disgruntled fans stop complaining.

Folk that want to complain are going to complain. I'll continue to raise my half full glass and enjoy it in my own way.
Zappa is a way of life, 97 Official Releases, and but also, all the other videos and downloads.
I see a reason to celebrate in all that exists in a very large glass of the finmest optional entertainment known to mankind.

So just because he's my favorite artist I should look the other way when something is constantly delayed? What other business could do that? Do you apply your "glass half full" philosophy to any other businesses? Or musical acts? And what other acts do this?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:00 pm 

Mr_Heartbreak wrote:

When I think of the ZFT at this point, vis-a-vis the Roxy release, I am reminded of some dialogue from one of jaypfunk's favorite actors during a scene in The Sopranos. Go on YouTube and search for sopranos vito gets whacked, then listen carefully to the melodious strains of Phil Leotardo's last words to Vito.

"You're a fuckin' disgrace."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:32 pm 

Trendy said: "When it comes to official projects in the can that I am awating rlease, I remain steadfast with a glass half full ideology.

Forever the Optimist is my way of life."

---wow! you and Frank would have gotten along famously.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:56 pm 

Trendmonger wrote:

I hope "biotry" defines nobody's views - particularly as it doesn't exist.

I am completely unqualified to give anybody advice on posting matters, but all the same...
Sad though many might think it may be, I actually talk the way I write, at least vaguely. However, I have seen you talking on video and you don't talk the way you write. In fact, I think a lot of the anger directed towards you has a lot to do with the way you write; in many ways it makes something that would appear to be slightly sycophantic very sycophantic indeed.

Have you noticed how your old nemesis Jaypfunk posts really quite positive things about the ZFT's releases when you are not there? Whilst, I might say, being amusingly boorish at the same time. Some might argue that he is playing a role too, yet the role is a convincing one and thus no one accuses him of being sycophantic.

The trouble with your role is that very few people buy it - nearly all of us know what the original source of that role is and the comparison is, to tell you the truth, a wee bit embarrassing.

Although I have absolutely no hope of this having any effect at all - Trendy, instead of always hiding behind a persona, why don't you reveal the real you? At the moment you appear to be achieving exactly the opposite of your dearest intentions.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:12 pm 

Caputh wrote:
Although I have absolutely no hope of this having any effect at all - Trendy, instead of always hiding behind a persona, why don't you reveal the real you? At the moment you appear to be achieving exactly the opposite of your dearest intentions.

And STOP this "and but also," fetish of yours this instant. It makes it that much harder to even acknowledge the few points I agree with you on.
Trendmonger wrote:

THIS IS WRONG. MY EYES BLEED.

Quote:
Zappa is a way of life, 97 Official Releases, not to mention all the other videos and downloads.

This is RIGHT. I would have nodded in agreement.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:23 pm 

Trendmonger wrote:
...When it comes to fanatical complaints...These complaints have become petrified on this forum...Thankfully some have been abolished from existence...

What the hell are you saying, the Customer has no right to complain, that’s just ignorant.

I ordered a product and paid in advance and it has not arrived and the date keeps changing and I have no right to complain, that's just plain foolish.

Mr.Half a Glass do you realize if these so called petrified complainers got jiggy with some counselor what the ramifications could be.

So before you wish them all to the cornfield, you may want to thank them for being faithful and patient, be a little more understanding and give them the space to vent some steam. This too will pass without consequences like the downloads, since the fans are very forgiving.

:smoke:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:45 pm 

Trendmonger wrote:
...When it comes to fanatical complaints...These complaints have become petrified on this forum...Thankfully some have been abolished from existence...

So your "thankfully" proud of your part in banning people, just for disagreeing with management? I bet you kiss a lot of ass at work. You have to, you can't carefully type out each answer in real life, now can you? :P

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:55 pm 

I think he clearly does it all for the attention. And it works!

trendmonger wrote:
Zappa is a way of life

...if you're Zappa.

Or is his discography another Bible or Quran?

Plook wrote:
This too will pass without consequences like the downloads, since the fans are very forgiving.

Good wisdom.

Caputh wrote:
At the moment you appear to be achieving exactly the opposite of your dearest intentions.

You must know something that I don't because his intentions seem dark. He's judging our personal relationships with Zappa's music.

Plus, he won't even stop saying "andbutalso". :mrgreen:

I'd talk to him (Him?) but (H)he does not acknowledge me.

-Pizza bit was hilarious, Cal.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:23 am 

calvin2hikers wrote:
Trendmonger: "Hello? I ordered my pizza about an hour and a half ago. I was wondering why it isn't here yet."

Pizza place:"Don't worry about it. It will get there when it gets there. The time we promised isn't working out."

Trendmonger: "Okay. I don't care, take all the time you need, I'll just enjoy the pizza when it gets here. You're running a terrific business!"

Pizza place: "Sure. Don't call again, it's really none of your business why it's taking so long."

Bahahaha. Excellent. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:35 am 

Cal, you left out a few "and but also"s

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:38 am 

Phlakaton wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:

Bahahaha. Excellent. :)

The only difference: The pizza will not be paid until delivery!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:46 am 

downer mydnyte wrote:
Caputh wrote:
At the moment you appear to be achieving exactly the opposite of your dearest intentions.

You must know something that I don't because his intentions seem dark. He's judging our personal relationships with Zappa's music.

Plus, he won't even stop saying "andbutalso". :mrgreen:

Perhaps I'm wrong, but his "dearest intention" seems to be that we all accept everything and anything the ZFT does uncritically. If left to my own devices I might, possibly, do this. However, when Trendy starts banging on, I start thinking of all the possible criticisms I might conceivably dream up to do them down.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:27 pm 

What really pisses me off about that is he deliberately tries to make everybody but him look like a bad fan. I'll have you know I bought over 80 Zappa albums, DVDs, VHSs and let's not even mention the books, other paraphernalia, and the ZPZ concerts I've attended and worked hard so I could get that VIP-card back in '05 which set me back a great deal and then the show was postponed for reasons never clarified... It's the same story over and over, but I still buy new releases, still play Zappa songs, and I still celebrate Zappadan and I am still hoping for the Roxy Is Here smilie to become current.

...In the mean time, how's about I draw another comic with the Flakes snails? You know, from that Flakes comic I made?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:44 pm 

BBP wrote:
What really pisses me off about that is he deliberately tries to make everybody but him look like a bad fan. I'll have you know I bought over 80 Zappa albums, DVDs, VHSs and let's not even mention the books, other paraphernalia, and the ZPZ concerts I've attended and worked hard so I could get that VIP-card back in '05 which set me back a great deal and then the show was postponed for reasons never clarified... It's the same story over and over, but I still buy new releases, still play Zappa songs, and I still celebrate Zappadan and I am still hoping for the Roxy Is Here smilie to become current.

Obviously you're a bad fan, BBP! :mrgreen: :roll:

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:58 pm 

Gary... The T-Shirt Bootlegging Retart!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:09 pm 

Trendy is a good fan; he makes a lot of wind.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:46 pm 

PenguinInBondage wrote:
BillyDaMt wrote:
We should start a pool for the actual ship date,
I'm throwing my guess at Nov 28, 2014.

Awesome - that's my birthday! :mrgreen:

Heh me too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 951 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next