Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 951 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:36 am 

brainpang wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:
LaBizzara wrote:
was intended that us license buyers will receive the master copy in time to be out with the official release, or not?

You would think so, but I haven't read anywhere what the plan is for distribution to license holders.

waitaminute: you are a 1,000 USD license holder and haven't heard a thing from the ZFT as of January 11th, 2014!?

okay, I now go back into hiding...

no news from them, I suppouse the ZFT will keep his word to us license buyers, so at now there is no release date for RBP, but this is just my opinion, no facts involved

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:53 pm 

LaBizzara wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:
LaBizzara wrote:
was intended that us license buyers will receive the master copy in time to be out with the official release, or not?

You would think so, but I haven't read anywhere what the plan is for distribution to license holders.

no news from them, I suppouse the ZFT will keep his word to us license buyers, so at now there is no release date for RBP, but this is just my opinion, no facts involved

Just take Trendmonger's advice and be positive, and but also, patient. You will get your $1000 souvenir when it pleases the ZFT. And you should just be eternally thankful for that privilege. If not, you are a fanasceptusaurussschoolyardus.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:20 pm 

Everybody buy from cal, if he ever gets his package, or not. :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:13 pm 

honestly, it sucks that we don't have it yet but i feel bad for those half dozen people who dropped $1,000 on this. i do hope they get some kind of compensation.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:20 pm 

Location: Centerville - a real nice place to raise your kids up

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:29 am 

tweezers wrote:

There's no way I would buy that thing. Or be posting on here if I bought that thing and my wife found out.

It's been a week since the last post in here. People have finally given up!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:06 am 

I haven't given up. I dont give a flying fuck when it get's here, as long as it get's here and it sounds bitchen! Meanwhile they can release other stuff on cd and i'll buy it. HOWEVER, I will not purchase any downloads. They could put out the UM project/object on i-fuckutunes for 50cents. I will not buy it. I'll fork over 40 bucks for a nice cd package with a booklet I can fetish anytime. That's how it is.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:44 am 

calvin2hikers wrote:
tweezers wrote:

There's no way I would buy that thing. Or be posting on here if I bought that thing and my wife found out.

And to think we were all once EXCITED for this release!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:01 am 

NewJPage wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:
tweezers wrote:

And to think we were all once EXCITED for this release!

A lot of people were excited for a lot more things than just this one that fell through! I've never seen such a "mis-manage" of a vault full of music in my entire LIFE!

I would rather have just heard them say "we're closing the vault, Frank didn't want anything to be released" and close up shop, than what they've been doing with it!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:09 am 

Jaminbenb wrote:
A lot of people were excited for a lot more things than just this one that fell through! I've never seen such a "mis-manage" of a vault full of music in my entire LIFE!

I would rather have just heard them say "we're closing the vault, Frank didn't want anything to be released" and close up shop, than what they've been doing with it!

Are you Nuts ?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:15 am 

Hahaha... yeah, its kinda like saying "I want to hear it so bad that since I can't hear it asap I want never to hear it at all!" I guess Smokey Robinson had a thought "A taste of honey is worse than none at all". :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:16 am 

I am not impressed with the way that pre-orders were taken back in July and no product yet shipped heading into February.

However, to say that the ZFT should just close up shop is indicative of someone who didn't get enough oxygen at birth.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:50 pm 

Maybe new management would be more appropriate... :smoke:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:03 pm 

I agree. Maybe Gail shouldn't run the show anymore...
She relies on signs from the Heavens and other superstitious clap-trap.
For such a smart woman she seems to believe the most arcane shit.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:20 pm 

Didn't you dumbfucks learn from the downloads ? Guess not. Just shut the fuck up be grateful for what you have. Be grateful you ever had Frank to begin with. Stop crying like middle aged man princesses. All fun in games till it happens to you. Piss Off !

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:37 pm 

Not gonna happen. They are going to find a way to fuck everyone out of their hard earned cash. There is probably something in the fine print.... Then talk shit, and get some of you to buy into the next project. FUCKING PATHETIC ! Stop buying their shit. Maybe they will get it together then. Probably not. Who fucking cares.....Didn't get any of my cash...never will again. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHa !

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:47 am 

As of two weeks ago dude at MusicToday(on the phone) told me the problem was the manufacturer.When i pressed for details he had nothing to add.

Strange.I don't want to cancel my order for RBP and Road Tapes-Helsinki.No word from the Zappa business end about the delay?No explanation?........

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:00 am 

Hmmmm....
You were a Ritalin child weren't you?

"Middle aged princesses" ---- this is good! You get points for that!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:00 am 

OBDULA X wrote:
Not gonna happen. They are going to find a way to fuck everyone out of their hard earned cash. There is probably something in the fine print.... Then talk shit, and get some of you to buy into the next project. FUCKING PATHETIC ! Stop buying their shit. Maybe they will get it together then. Probably not. Who fucking cares.....Didn't get any of my cash...never will again. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHHHHHH !

How about reading what you posted right before this --- middle aged man princess.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:02 am 

You were a Ritalin child weren't you?

"Middle aged princesses" --- this is good! Points for that!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:14 am 

OBDULA X wrote:
Didn't you dumbfucks learn from the downloads ? Guess not. Just shut the fuck up be grateful for what you have. Be grateful you ever had Frank to begin with. Stop crying like middle aged man princesses. All fun in games till it happens to you. Piss Off !

Thanks Obdula. I was all concerned until you demanded I stop crying like a middle aged man princess. Now I'm all better! :roll:

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:26 am 

To me the credibility of ZFT dwindled years ago. But I guess my partial lost excitement is also because of time passing. I know all of Frank's output by heart, so I don't actually listen so often to his records anymore. They are already in me.

It is nice when new stuff is released, but honestly, it is not really new to me. It is all variations over well-known themes (also literally). So to me, buying a new release and listening to it is a nostalgic thing that brings back memories about the 1970s/1980s where any new release was met with increased heart rate, stomach aches and adrenalin rushes. The music is rarely at par with the stuff Frank released. But it is nice to get a new CD, and I think most of what has come out are of highest possible standards.

So I will buy RBP when it arrives, but I will never ever preorder anything, when it means that I lend the supplier money. And I am even still waiting out on Road Tapes 2 as I decided to bundle it with RBP when it emerges. I mean it is 40 years old - I can wait another year if that becomes the case. If it never comes, my life goes on unchanged. I gave up on the movie long time ago, so if it suddenly arrives, I will treat it as a pleasant surprise.

If they could just be honest about it. If they lack the funds, then tell us, and try raise them through some other means like crowdfunding. Then the cards are on the table, and I would happily chip in. Now it is just cloudy and unclear. That is probably the worst. I know they don't "owe" us any explanations, but I think it would be good for their costumer relationships to be a bit more communicative. In particular since they are dealing with niche products.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 am 

HJ wrote:
It is nice when new stuff is released, but honestly, it is not really new to me. It is all variations over well-known themes (also literally). ...
And I am even still waiting out on Road Tapes 2 as I decided to bundle it with RBP when it emerges.

Well, HJ - I can at least I assure you that you will be introduced to a few (albeit minute) new themes once you finally do receive Road Tapes 2. :mrgreen: :wink:

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:11 am 

Did they actually charge everyone's credit card on the pre order, or just keep the numbers until shipped?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:18 am 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
Did they actually charge everyone's credit card on the pre order, or just keep the numbers until shipped?

Good Question. I think the whole idea of preordering is that you give them your money in order to be the first to get the product.
Anyone know like, fer sure, fer sure though? :?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 951 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next