Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:27 pm 

I rather fancy Poly's guitar playing and I do like his original compositions too. He at least puts his money where his mouth is and plays what he wants and it's too bad if you don't like it. Good on Poly for putting it out there, warts and all.
Ask not what music can do for you, ask what can you do for music! :D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:28 pm 

Words are so meaningless at times. Cleon could "speak" a lot clearer, and with some actual effectiveness and impact, if he just put up a link to his own original music. That's all that matters. Cut through this bullshit and show us what you got.
It seems painfully obvious that Cleon talks in order to avoid playing. The reason a man talks instead of plays is because he knows once you hear him play you will never take him seriously again. Now, if he was even slightly humble, that would be different. I'd encourage him.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:45 pm 

Yer what ever Cock suckers he is shit and I stand by that.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:05 pm 

deuce wrote:
downer mydnyte wrote:
We're all individuals.

I'm not
TT

Noted.
I apologize for lumping you in with the "individuals".

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:35 pm 

(1) Are you saying my guitar sounds like shit? I have recordings on youtube with three different guitars, do all three sound like shit or just one in particular or what?

(2) Are you saying my guitar playing is shit? If so, do you now think throwing personal insults is going to invalidate what I'm saying?

Be specific Cleon, can you actually specify what you're talking about, one point at a time, or are you just lost in a maze of denial and letting one off?

Example 1: DM mentioned Slonimsky's book. I then mentioned that it was from the first half of the 20thC you then wrote it's publishing date down of 1947. DM then said he already knew when the book was published. So far, so what, who cares? But you then go off on one and scrawl, "Bragging about knowing the date of a Book he posted when I said it too yourself[Poly]" No-one was bragging about knowing the publishing date so what are you getting so worked up about?

Example 2: The point that was originally being discussed mentioned pentatonic scales and you said "Still i can't work out Semi TONES in Pentatonic". You used the word dinosaur referring to Slonimsky's book and yet he lists 59 different pentatonic scales, many of which have semitones in them, and you seem to want to hang on to this limited view of there being only two. Who's the dinosaur?

Maybe my interpretation of your position on this is incorrect but you're explanations are barely coherent.

And you clearly didn't understand the point about most modern music being too complex to be categorised with scales. The first 11 notes of the main King Kong riff follow a pentatonic scale. Why did you have to insult pbuzby for describing it that way? He said 9 instead of 11, so what - whoopsies!! That doesn't mean he's talking crap, his basic point is correct.

Political correctness has got nothing to do with this. I have no trouble reading and writing English and understanding most people who post here. There are plenty of people here for whom English is a second language who manage to be way more coherent than you. No-one here can properly understand what you say most of the time. You assume you're making sense, but your English is so bad, what you write rarely does make any sense. Find me someone here who can understand most of what you say. Anyone?

If you want to continue to talk in your very busted English, and be a shit head when people try to understand you, then go fuck yourself.

Last edited by polydigm on Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:58 pm 

Whales is Atlantis south. When cleons cartoon bubbles come up his engerlish gets splattered. That and cleons in tatters, does it matter?
He reels you in like he agrees with you like some tiny elf, and then uses engerlish as a weapon to refute or love you as he runs across the shelf, why, I can't tell. To many rugby scrums? It's like he's acting deaf...on paper and answering back, like an engerlish comedy. The Welch Faulty Towers of babble perhaps?
Genius cleon or Wild Man Fischer cleon, only the cleon knows....

cleon, I love ya man! :D

Ya ZappaFreak! :wink: {-

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:03 pm 

Caputh wrote:
cleon wrote:

At least now The guy who ain't got a clue[DM] is not talking too me,He was still talking about Scales too me when after i said Fuck Scales because find it a waste of time now i'm a Key reader,Bragging about knowing the date of a Book he posted when I said it too yourself[Poly]saying it's a Zappa connection book well so was mine being Jamie Kime was a Ted Greene Student.copyrighted is that a word he use sounds like a kid talking Copy wrote be my guess was meant?

I think this paragraph is almost worthy of James Joyce. So many interpretations, so little time...

Wit hold a minute
ON A#@ AT TIME
Butt i love iS this shit ride
i be neck riffin red neck{

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:11 pm 

@polydigm
where can I hear your stuff? not to judge it of course because I guess its gonna be pretty good.
For what its worth, my measly offerings are freely available too if anyone wants to know.
TT
edit: sterbus' stuff is excellent in case it slips under the radar.
TT

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:19 pm 

polydigm wrote:
(1) Are you saying my guitar sounds like shit? I have recordings on youtube with three different guitars, do all three sound like shit or just one in particular or what?

(2) Are you saying my guitar playing is shit? If so, do you now think throwing personal insults is going to invalidate what I'm saying?

Be specific Cleon, can you actually specify what you're talking about, one point at a time, or are you just lost in a maze of denial and letting one off?

Example 1: DM mentioned Slonimsky's book. I then mentioned that it was from the first half of the 20thC you then wrote it's publishing date down of 1947. DM then said he already knew when the book was published. So far, so what, who cares? But you then go off on one and scrawl, "Bragging about knowing the date of a Book he posted when I said it too yourself[Poly]" No-one was bragging about knowing the publishing date so what are you getting so worked up about?

Example 2: The point that was originally being discussed mentioned pentatonic scales and you said "Still i can't work out Semi TONES in Pentatonic". You used the word dinosaur referring to Slonimsky's book and yet he lists 59 different pentatonic scales, many of which have semitones in them, and you seem to want to hang on to this limited view of there being only two. Who's the dinosaur?

Maybe my interpretation of your position on this is incorrect but you're explanations are barely coherent.

And you clearly didn't understand the point about most modern music being too complex to be categorised with scales. The first 11 notes of the main King Kong riff follow a pentatonic scale. Why did you have to insult pbuzby for describing it that way? He said 9 instead of 11, so what - whoopsies!! That doesn't mean he's talking crap, his basic point is correct.

Political correctness has got nothing to do with this. I have no trouble reading and writing English and understanding most people who post here. There are plenty of people here for whom English is a second language who manage to be way more coherent than you. No-one here can properly understand what you say most of the time. You assume you're making sense, but your English is so bad, what you write rarely does make any sense. Find me someone here who can understand most of what you say. Anyone?

If you want to continue to talk in your very busted English, and be a shit head when people try to understand you, then go fuck yourself.
This Looks like you have a case of PC and by youR Avatar syndrome disease. :mrgreen: :wink:
Ex i seen you play Shit on DZ site where he said is your guitar need too see a doc for fret Buzz, :?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:22 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Whales is Atlantis south. When cleons cartoon bubbles come up his engerlish gets splattered. That and cleons in tatters, does it matter?
He reels you in like he agrees with you like some tiny elf, and then uses engerlish as a weapon to refute or love you as he runs across the shelf, why, I can't tell. To many rugby scrums? It's like he's acting deaf...on paper and answering back, like an engerlish comedy. The Welch Faulty Towers of babble perhaps?
Genius cleon or Wild Man Fischer cleon, only the cleon knows....

cleon, I love ya man! :D

Ya ZappaFreak! :wink: {-

Only me and a Engilsh Guy galled Mongo Knows 8)
I love you Too :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:27 pm 

cleon wrote:
This Looks like you have a case of PC and by youR Avatar syndrome disease.

The picture for my avatar was made using a single focussed LED lamp to give the stark contrast between over exposure in the foreground and under exposure in the shade combined with me pulling a face. It's meant to go with the caption below which quotes from Punky's Whips.

Now you're trying to insult me with it? And what the fuck is "syndrome disease"?

And you keep banging on about this PC thing, where am I being PC? Spell it out. If you really could read and understand what I was saying - the stuff about you is pretty tactless. Or maybe you just think articulateness is PC period.

cleon wrote:
Ex i seen you play Shit on DZ site where he said is your guitar need too see a doc for fret Buzz, :?

You're the only one so far that's said it's shit. Your opinion, which I'll just have to live with. The exact quote of what was said on DZW:

Dweezil wrote:
Hey Geoff, Interesting piece. I'd like to hear it fully arranged with other instrumentation. The action on your guitar seems to be fretting out a bit but it adds to the quirkiness of the piece.

And my reply:

Geoff Pointer wrote:
I've been experimenting with the strings on that acoustic. It had .12 tops on it when it was given to me and it was being destroyed so I moved to .11 tops and that saved it. Then it had a fret job and the neck readjusted to suit. Now I'm trying .10 tops and I slackened off the neck a bit but there's still some buzz as you noted so I'm working on it at the moment. The overly low action actually makes the guitar harder to play. I may go back .11 tops, we'll see, you know what it's like with guitars.

I have since gone back .11 tops on that guitar and the fretting problem has gone.

So what? Your response is to call it shit? Very articulate.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:43 pm 

polydigm wrote:
cleon wrote:
This Looks like you have a case of PC and by youR Avatar syndrome disease.

The picture for my avatar was made using a single focussed LED lamp to give the stark contrast between over exposure in the foreground and under exposure in the shade combined with me pulling a face. It's meant to go with the caption below which quotes from Punky's Whips.

Now you're trying to insult me with it? And what the fuck is "syndrome disease"?

And you keep banging on about this PC thing, where am I being PC? Spell it out. If you really could read and understand what I was saying - the stuff about you is pretty tactless. Or maybe you just think articulateness is PC period.

cleon wrote:

You're the only one so far that's said it's shit. Your opinion, which I'll just have to live with. The exact quote of what was said on DZW:

Dweezil wrote:
Hey Geoff, Interesting piece. I'd like to hear it fully arranged with other instrumentation. The action on your guitar seems to be fretting out a bit but it adds to the quirkiness of the piece.

And my reply:

Geoff Pointer wrote:
I've been experimenting with the strings on that acoustic. It had .12 tops on it when it was given to me and it was being destroyed so I moved to .11 tops and that saved it. Then it had a fret job and the neck readjusted to suit. Now I'm trying .10 tops and I slackened off the neck a bit but there's still some buzz as you noted so I'm working on it at the moment. The overly low action actually makes the guitar harder to play. I may go back .11 tops, we'll see, you know what it's like with guitars.

I have since gone back .11 tops on that guitar and the fretting problem has gone.

So what? Your response is to call it shit? Very articulate.
You Got what i meant correct.
I don't wanna bash Recording can kill a performance and that ain't a worry people are good just need luck,
Post the link sorry plz as i can't find a thing on Dweezils site,The scheme changed and i'm colour Blind.
FZ said intonation will help in some interview...,next too key thur king :wink:

Syndrome Disease YOU YANKING MY CHAIN :| means not full blow Retard just facial features,like say people of Mongolia just Facel Expansion,a friendly way of calling something retard as if not BEING Above them,sort of not full blow retard just carrying a genie.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:08 pm 

Seeing as you asked so nicely: Multiple Folds

STFU about political correctness already. I'm one of the people who believes it's gone way overboard. I'm not yanking your chain, I guessed what you meant by "syndrome disease" but it's pretty much a tautology and I wasn't going to jump to any conclusions. What you mean is "Downs Syndrome". In your limited experience maybe there is only one syndrome to speak of but there are large numbers of syndromes and even larger numbers of diseases in the world. Downs is not a disease. And even if you're not politically correct, most people these days would consider making jokes relating to people with Downs Syndrome is pretty pathetic.

Anyway if you want to see a straight picture of my retarded face, check out the following: Geoff Pointer at DZW

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:59 pm 

polydigm wrote:
Seeing as you asked so nicely: Multiple Folds

STFU about political correctness already. I'm one of the people who believes it's gone way overboard. I'm not yanking your chain, I guessed what you meant by "syndrome disease" but it's pretty much a tautology and I wasn't going to jump to any conclusions. What you mean is "Downs Syndrome". In your limited experience maybe there is only one syndrome to speak of but there are large numbers of syndromes and even larger numbers of diseases in the world. Downs is not a disease. And even if you're not politically correct, most people these days would consider making jokes relating to people with Downs Syndrome is pretty pathetic.
thats not what i see
Anyway if you want to see a straight picture of my retarded face, check out the following: Geoff Pointer at DZW

You got too be a Cock face and PC,You asked then thought you give a perfect description,in any case your crap LEAVE it there or I'll booglarize yer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:21 pm 

cleon wrote:
At least now The guy who ain't got a clue[DM] is not talking too me,He was still talking about Scales too me when after i said Fuck Scales because find it a waste of time now i'm a Key reader,Bragging about knowing the date of a Book he posted when I said it too yourself[Poly]saying it's a Zappa connection book well so was mine being Jamie Kime was a Ted Greene Student.copyrighted is that a word he use sounds like a kid talking Copy wrote be my guess was meant?
Caputh wrote:
I think this paragraph is almost worthy of James Joyce. So many interpretations, so little time...
it is worthy of joyce. and burroughs. maybe cleon is using some cut-up technique. 8)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:48 pm 

You think i have a got chance with this farther further with his words going fart further each for :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:52 pm 

cleon wrote:
Caputh wrote:
it is worthy of joyce. and burroughs. maybe cleon is using some cut-up technique. 8)
cleon wrote:
You think i have a got chance with this farther further with his words going fart further each for :D
or, maybe cleon is a samuel beckett fan. 8)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:09 pm 

I have a sure bit of tinker where the rabbits roam free,That is what makes me happy too be,Though death shall part in a wee why for Those who Phray.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:09 am 

Do not go gently into that goodnight, (cleon's Capt! cleons!)
Rage, rage against the light and an Englishman named Mondo. :wink: :mrgreen:

On topic: I made a Jazz noise here in E# miner.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:29 am 

cleon wrote:
You got too be a Cock face and PC,You asked then thought you give a perfect description,in any case your crap LEAVE it there or I'll booglarize yer
You're all tied up in knots Cleon. Now you're threatening me? With what?

Urban Dictionary wrote:
Booglarize

1) To burgle another's sex

2) To know (biblically)

3) To become intimate with in the back of an American car manufactured before 1972

4) To allow oneself to rock! to Captain Beefheart.

'I'm gonna booglarize you, baby' Captain Beefheart.

If Janet doesn't shut up one of those Manowar fans is going to booglarize all over her armpit!

Does this mean you want to be my friend now?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:11 am 

deuce wrote:
@polydigm where can I hear your stuff?
TT

Super, I just quoted myself.
TT

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:17 am 

cleon wrote:
sort of not full blow retard just carrying a genie.

An attempt to interpret one small section:

1. A full blow retard =
a) somebody who is completely mentally disabled...
b) a stupid person who is stupid because he smokes too much blow...
c) a stupid person who strikes many blows hard...
d) a stupid person who was made stupid by being struck repeatedly...
e) a stupid person who despite being stupid, really knows how to "blow" jazz...
f) a stupid person who has been given a satisfying dose of oral sex...

2. carrying a genie =
a) having a particular gene...
b) brandishing a magic lamp which contains a genie...
c) being of a genial nature...
d) giving a genius a piggyback...
e) in reality a genius himself...

It gets even more complex; if e) is the case, this means all of 1 is meant ironically and thus the mentally disabled/stupid person isn't stupid at all and retard would change it's meaning.

Perhaps Cleon speaks French and retard is a contraction of "en Retard", meaning "late" and thus "a late person".

But dead or unpunctual?

Last edited by Caputh on Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:46 am 

f)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:36 am 

Ah, you're right; f) could be nothing at all...

Is nothing the answer? :?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:57 am 

nothing is what I want

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next