Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: BAT CHAIN PULLER VINYL
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:12 pm 

So I was in Camdem market at all the little awesome record stalls searching for rarities and Zappa when I come across a vinyl of the 2012 BAT CHAIN PULLER. It was only £3 so I got it. (Along with W/J AND BWS)
It has Zappa.com written all over it. Track listing on the sleeve and a beautiful white/ivory disc. It also had a big Vaulternative logo on the back.
No track listing on the discs though and I can't find evidence of a vinyl even existing anywhere.
So is this a BOOT? If so it is a first one I have ever got. Only listened to side one so far but it sounds really high quality. Really enjoying it to be honest.

Trendmonger wrote:
...and but also

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:05 am 

http://www.beefheart.com/bat-chain-puller-on-vinyl/

"So, there is now a (white) vinyl version of Bat Chain Puller available. It’s dubbed from the remastered CD and sporting artwork based on it too. It’s even claiming to be a zappa.com Vaulternative release … presumably as a single digit salute to Gail. This vinyl version only has the original 12 tracks and doesn’t include any of the bonus material from the CD."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:46 pm 

You are very lucky my friend. I have to listen to Beefheart via youtube. Are there Beefheart CD's easy to find?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:59 pm 

wakawazooinregalia' wrote:
You are very lucky my friend. I have to listen to Beefheart via youtube. Are there Beefheart CD's easy to find?

From Barfko you can get the current Trout Mask Replica CD. Bat Chain Puller must be out of stock but should be back soon.

On Amazon I see some titles available cheap including the Spotlight Kid/Clear Spot twofer CD, Safe As Milk, Shiny Beast, Doc At The Radar Station and Ice Cream For Crow. If I recall right there are complaints about the sound on Shiny Beast and maybe others, but I can vouch for the Spotlight/Clear CD.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:04 pm 

I don't see the CD's anywhere. I've seen Safe as Milk, Mirror Man and Ice Cream for Crow about a few times.
Saying that I rarely see much Zappa CD's in actual stores, just FO! HR, JG123 for the most part and Zappa is arguably more popular/famous than beefheart.

So I can guess this is a bootleg vinyl? Either way I'm very happy with it and it is probably my favorite Beefheart album I have heard. Harry Irene is strangely beautiful.

Trendmonger wrote:
...and but also