Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:58 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:39 am 

One of my absolute favorites. This movie and soundtrack changed my life. Eddie and Flo are out of this world. They are some of the most incredible vocalists ever. The entire movie is genius. It all makes a lot more sense when you watch it on LSD. The color schemes, special effects, and overall content was made to be your personal guru that will hold your hand and take you for a wonderful trippy ride. The more abstract songs melt your brain into space pulling on tiny brain impulses. Then as a new scene unfolds you are emotionally toyed with, going from hilarious to almost insane

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:41 am 

I currently don't own this. Do you guys think Universal will ever release this? There is a gap in the numbering. I can get a Ryko copy for $80, but hate to spend that if Universal is going to release it soon. If Ryko was able to get it released, I don't see how Universal can't?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:29 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:56 pm 

Thank you slime! I went ahead for the $50 buy it now with free shipping. Said near mint, and seller has a great feedback rating. Didn't feel like getting in a bidding war over the other one. Thanks again!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:08 am 

Any of you folks in the NYC area - J&R seems to be getting out of the music bizness (cds)

take a careful look at what someone over at the IMWAN site picked up CHEAP

Traveling Wilburys Collection (2 CDs + DVD) $6.99
Queensryche: Empire (DVD audio) 4.19
Lonnie Dogegan: Rock Island Line (3-CD import comp) 2.79
Club Verboten (4-CD box, DCC label) 5.59
The Cure: The Head on the Door (2 CDs) 2.79
Frank Zappa: 200 Motels (2 CDs) 4.19
The Saints: All Times Through Paradise (4 CD import comp) 6.99
Sham 69: Complete Collection (3 CD import) 2.79
Brian Eno: Drums Between the Bells (2CD deluxe book package) 5.59
Renaissance: Da Capo (2 CD import comp, book package) 4.19
Elvis Costello: CD Single Box, Vol. 3 6.99
Ferrante & Teicher: We Wish You a Merry Christmas 2.09
Cheech & Chong: Where There's Smoke (2 CD Rhino comp) 4.19

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:27 am 

Thanks again for taking the time to research those slime! I took the buy it now for $50 with free shipping right after you posted it. The bidding on the other one ended at $60 with $3 shipping, and it was a BMG Music Club copy. I retrieved my copy from the PO Box literally a few hours after the auction ended on the other copy . The seller even included that little insert that was under the shrink wrap in the original purchase. The book is in excellent condition, and the discs don't even have any light scratches or fingerprints at all.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:12 am 

Just seeing these pictures I remembered on thing I've always wanted to ask (or a request), so I took my copy and opened the booklet. The thing is that it has some printing problems, so there are 2 pages on which the final lines are missing. Can you help me ans write me down those two lines (just to know it and have it finlly complete)?

the places are:

~ page 14., bottom of the page: "Frank and Tony still did..." (the rest is missing)
~ page 15., bottom of the page: "everyone came back home in the States for sev-" (the rest is missing).

So 2 lines missing, altogether - can anyone help me? Thank you!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:18 pm 

balint wrote:
Just seeing these pictures I remembered on thing I've always wanted to ask (or a request), so I took my copy and opened the booklet. The thing is that it has some printing problems, so there are 2 pages on which the final lines are missing. Can you help me ans write me down those two lines (just to know it and have it finlly complete)?

the places are:

~ page 14., bottom of the page: "Frank and Tony still did..." (the rest is missing)
~ page 15., bottom of the page: "everyone came back home in the States for sev-" (the rest is missing).

So 2 lines missing, altogether - can anyone help me? Thank you!

Here you go balint.
~ page 14., bottom of the page: "Frank and Tony still did not agree on how the film should be sequenced and it was during this"
~ page 15., bottom of the page: "everyone came back home in the States for sev-eral weeks and the 35mm film deep into post-production, attention turned"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:18 am 

Wooow, thank you!!!!! :-) :-)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:47 am 

You're quite welcome. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:24 pm 

i think it's alright, reminds me of Uncle Meat in how it mixes a little of everything. In terms of his orchestral stuff I'm all about Yellow Shark personally, it's a shame that never got a vinyl release.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:28 pm 

i think it's alright, reminds me of Uncle Meat in how it mixes a little of everything. In terms of his orchestral stuff I'm all about Yellow Shark personally, it's a shame that never got a vinyl release.