Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 6:16 am
Posts: 915
Location: Royal Wootton Bassett
I know this isn't an official release but isn't this just the Baby Snakes show. Why release this?
Anything different in this release or a different audio source?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00T ... d_i=468294

Image

_________________
Image

Trendmonger wrote:
...and but also


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:55 am
Posts: 1309
It's a set Zappa put together for King Biscuit Flour Hour with a few songs not in Baby Snakes. Most notable is the guitar solo "The Squirm" (aka "Bowling On Charen" from Trance Fusion). There is no need to purchase this boot CD as you can find this many other places.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 6:16 am
Posts: 915
Location: Royal Wootton Bassett
So do the ZFT not have anyway to fight this stuff? More and more seem to come out. Some of it is pretty good.

_________________
Image

Trendmonger wrote:
...and but also


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 8:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:03 pm
Posts: 6554
Location: Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
I still have board recordings from all the Felt Forum shows on Halloween. A 2 mix right out of the Harrison Console....Sublime!!!!!!

_________________
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 5:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2002 6:48 am
Posts: 7385
Location: Your Mom's Box
Galoot Co-Log-Nuh wrote:
I still have board recordings from all the Felt Forum shows on Halloween. A 2 mix right out of the Harrison Console....Sublime!!!!!!


If you are referring to the 1976 Halloween shows then you are either lying or on dope. The are no SBDs of this shows.

_________________
Make your checks payable to QUENTIN ROBERT DeNAMELAND, Greatest Living Philostopher Known to Mankind.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 6:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:03 pm
Posts: 6554
Location: Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
jaypfunk wrote:
Galoot Co-Log-Nuh wrote:
I still have board recordings from all the Felt Forum shows on Halloween. A 2 mix right out of the Harrison Console....Sublime!!!!!!


If you are referring to the 1976 Halloween shows then you are either lying or on dope. The are no SBDs of this shows.

They're from '84 show jayp. Sorry I didn't clarify in previous post.....And I only lie when I'm on dope you bootleg guru....

_________________
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 6:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2002 6:48 am
Posts: 7385
Location: Your Mom's Box
Galoot Co-Log-Nuh wrote:
jaypfunk wrote:
Galoot Co-Log-Nuh wrote:
I still have board recordings from all the Felt Forum shows on Halloween. A 2 mix right out of the Harrison Console....Sublime!!!!!!


If you are referring to the 1976 Halloween shows then you are either lying or on dope. The are no SBDs of this shows.

They're from '84 show jayp. Sorry I didn't clarify in previous post.....And I only lie when I'm on dope you bootleg guru....


Actually SBDs of those shows do not exist either. Maybe you are referring to the 11/03/1984 #1 and #2 Stony Brook, NY SBDs?

_________________
Make your checks payable to QUENTIN ROBERT DeNAMELAND, Greatest Living Philostopher Known to Mankind.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 7:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:03 pm
Posts: 6554
Location: Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
I think I stand corrected.....the early show opened with King Kong right?

_________________
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 7:49 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:55 am
Posts: 1309
Galoot Co-Log-Nuh wrote:
I think I stand corrected.....the early show opened with King Kong right?


That is 11/3/84 Stonybrook, yes.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 7:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:03 pm
Posts: 6554
Location: Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
pbuzby wrote:
Galoot Co-Log-Nuh wrote:
I think I stand corrected.....the early show opened with King Kong right?


That is 11/3/84 Stonybrook, yes.

Sorry...but 16 days with hardly any sleep....There is a SBD for 74 at the Forum.

_________________
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 8:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:03 pm
Posts: 6554
Location: Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
74 show opened with Tush Tush Tush, then Stinkfoot, Inca Roads...etc etc...

_________________
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 12:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2002 6:48 am
Posts: 7385
Location: Your Mom's Box
Galoot Co-Log-Nuh wrote:
pbuzby wrote:
Galoot Co-Log-Nuh wrote:
I think I stand corrected.....the early show opened with King Kong right?


That is 11/3/84 Stonybrook, yes.

Sorry...but 16 days with hardly any sleep....There is a SBD for 74 at the Forum.


Wrong again. No SBDs of those 2 shows either.

_________________
Make your checks payable to QUENTIN ROBERT DeNAMELAND, Greatest Living Philostopher Known to Mankind.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group